NFL Preseason Thread.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

the eagles look awful tonight :(

munchlax99
More like the Steelers were layin' the leather on dat ass. :P O line looked good, and Ben was sharp. Defense was spectacular as usual. I guess Tomlin really lit a fire under everyone's asses after last week.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

The star of the "dream team" had 3 picks last game. I found it hilarious. Guess I was one of the few people to watch the Bucs-Pats game. The Pats D just crushed Freeman and the OLine pretty much every single play. They were look to be really solid even though its only been one game and a preseason one at that.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="munchlax99"]

the eagles look awful tonight :(

TheGrat1
More like the Steelers were layin' the leather on dat ass. :P

i'll go with that :D i know its only preseason, and they're using only a small percentage of the playbook, but i'm liking what i've seen.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Patriots pass rush looks much more improved.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
The Dog Killer in top form.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

The Dog Killer in top form. Master_Live
get a life

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
The Dog Killer in top form. Master_Live
Vick threw 3 INTs and 0 TDs last preseaon as well. If anything it's a good omen. But haters gone hate.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Master_Live
Oopps, it seems I touched a nerve. Get over it.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 i5750at4Ghz
Oopps, it seems I touched a nerve. Get over it. Master_Live
Kinda sounds like you're talking to yourself with the whole "get over it".
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Master_Live
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Oopps, it seems I touched a nerve. Get over it. i5750at4Ghz

Hey, David Robinson is The Admiral, Glen Davis is Big Baby, Thomas Hearns is The Hitman, Bernard Hopkins is The Executioner, OJ Simpson is Juice and Michael Vick is The Dog Killer and that is that.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]Oopps, it seems I touched a nerve. Get over it. Master_Live

Hey, David Robinson is The Admiral, Glen Davis is Big Baby, Thomas Hearns is The Hitman, Bernard Hopkins is The Executioner, OJ Simpson is Juice and Michael Vick is The Dog Killer and that is that.

And you're an ****

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 starwarsjunky

And you're an ****

i5750at4Ghz

he an angel? thats awfully nice of you =)

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] Kinda sounds like you're talking to yourself with the whole "get over it".i5750at4Ghz

And you're an ****

Awwwww, come on, don't be mad, be glad!!!
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Master_Live

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] And you're an ****

starwarsjunky

But **** only has 4 letters!!! :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50706 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]

[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"] And you're an ****

Master_Live

All words that are blocked appear like that. For instance, **** .

I can assure you that last word was not only four letters.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Oh, no whatever shall the Eagles do! We aren't going undefeated in the preseason, our goals this season is already destroyed! Everyone knows that Andy Reid wanted to go undefeated in the preseason! And Vick threw 3 picks! Who cares if he did awful last preseason, and is trying to stay in the pocket, that is unacceptable! WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT KEVIN KOLB! We should just give up!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chutebox  Online

Oh, no whatever shall the Eagles do! We aren't going undefeated in the preseason, our goals this season is already destroyed! Everyone knows that Andy Reid wanted to go undefeated in the preseason! And Vick threw 3 picks! Who cares if he did awful last preseason, and is trying to stay in the pocket, that is unacceptable! WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT KEVIN KOLB! We should just give up!No_Hablo_Ingles
Hey, I have fun with preseason just like it's regular season!

And Vick obviously cared when he tackeled what's his name...it's escaping me right now...Mr. Fro...

Anyways, he cared! And it was funny when the reported blind sided Vick with the question regarding his quote from earlier in the day.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Oh, no whatever shall the Eagles do! We aren't going undefeated in the preseason, our goals this season is already destroyed! Everyone knows that Andy Reid wanted to go undefeated in the preseason! And Vick threw 3 picks! Who cares if he did awful last preseason, and is trying to stay in the pocket, that is unacceptable! WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT KEVIN KOLB! We should just give up!Chutebox

And Vick obviously cared when he tackeled what's his name...it's escaping me right now...Mr. Fro...

Anyways, he cared! And it was funny when the reported blind sided Vick with the question regarding his quote from earlier in the day.

That post was less about you and more about fellow Eagle fans overreacting.... a few people even suggested this is proof we should have traded Vick instead of Kolb.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] he an angel? thats awfully nice of you =)

Chutebox

All words that are blocked appear like that. For instance, **** .

I can assure you that last word was not only four letters.

or he could just be bad at counting letters? ;)
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Oh, no whatever shall the Eagles do! We aren't going undefeated in the preseason, our goals this season is already destroyed! Everyone knows that Andy Reid wanted to go undefeated in the preseason! And Vick threw 3 picks! Who cares if he did awful last preseason, and is trying to stay in the pocket, that is unacceptable! WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT KEVIN KOLB! We should just give up!No_Hablo_Ingles

That post was less about you and more about fellow Eagle fans overreacting.... a few people even suggested this is proof we should have traded Vick instead of Kolb.

Oh lol, ya. Nuts.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Looking forward to the Jags game tonight... Most people probably don't care about this game but they're my team, so yeah. Curious about who will win the QB job, Garrard or Gabbert.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Now that was funny you have to admit, does anyone else go around IRL saying "Fact!" Thanks to Master_Live?? :P
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

Looking forward to the Jags game tonight... Most people probably don't care about this game but they're my team, so yeah. Curious about who will win the QB job, Garrard or Gabbert.

lensflare15
It sucks that dunta robinson is out for the Falcons then. Would have been nicer to see Garrard against the falcon's starting secondary since their backups are pretty terrible.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

lensflare15
I believe that Garrard will win the job. it would also be a great opportunity for Gabbert to learn from a veteran QB.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

These kickoff rules are ****ing ridiculous. A punter could get it into the endzone, any kicker can get it to the back of the endzone, and the guys with the big legs could score field goals on a regular basis. Either move the ball back or just skip the formalities and skip the kickoffs altogether.

God, it's turned into a joke now, the announcers can't stop making fun of it even when they try. Goodell and the competition comittee look like the biggest idiots in sports right now.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

One thing is painfully obvious, the Eagles suck and are very over-rated just like always. And M Vick is more of a liability than an asset. Expect Young to take over the reigns this season, either from the frailty of Vick or the turnovers he will create very frequently.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SF_KiLLaMaN

One thing is painfully obvious, the Eagles suck and are very over-rated just like always. And M Vick is more of a liability than an asset. Expect Young to take over the reigns this season, either from the frailty of Vick or the turnovers he will create very frequently.

Bigboi500
Right. Because a pre-season game tells how the team will do in the regular season. That was sarcasm in case you were wondering.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Chutebox  Online

These kickoff rules are ****ing ridiculous. A punter could get it into the endzone, any kicker can get it to the back of the endzone, and the guys with the big legs could score field goals on a regular basis. Either move the ball back or just skip the formalities and skip the kickoffs altogether.

God, it's turned into a joke now, the announcers can't stop making fun of it even when they try. Goodell and the competition comittee look like the biggest idiots in sports right now.

theone86
The kickoff team is actually at an advantage now if they are able to kick the ball right around the goal line since they shortened the distance for the kickoff team to run.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
I'll probably be in position to take M.Vick as my QB in the 2nd round of my fantasy draft... but he's such a high injury risk... especially when he takes/gives unnecessary hits... that I'll probably pass on him. He could ruin the Eagles and FF owners seasons with one hit that was probably avoidable. He's definitely the biggest 'Risk/Reward' player out there.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

LAWL Your avatar should just be a troll face to make it more obvious. Preseason means nothing. Want proof? Vick in the preseason 1 total touchdowns and 4 turnovers along with being sacked 5 times. He should suck in the regular season right? Yeah, he averaged 2.5 tds a game, and had the greatest game for a QB in NFL history according to Total QBR

Eagles are over-rated year after year, just like the Cowboys usually are and end up disappointing like always. As much as I like the guy personally, Andy Reid is a loser, the whole organization has always been at the bottom of the barrel and probably always will be. Didn't you hear Strahand tonight talking about how he feared for the safety of his family when they were at an Eagles game? Even the fans are...well you get the idea.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 No_Hablo_Ingles

Eagles are over-rated year after year, just like the Cowboys usually are and end up disappointing like always. As much as I like the guy personally, Andy Reid is a loser, the whole organization has always been at the bottom of the barrel and probably always will be. Didn't you hear Strahand tonight talking about how he feared for the safety of his family when they were at an Eagles game? Even the fans are...well you get the idea.

Bigboi500

The experts said the Eagles were an 8-8 or 6-10 team last year. Yet they are over rated every year year :lol: The fans are passionate. The Organization is top class. The coaching is great. There is a reason players are flocking to the Eagles. As far as being over rated this year? By some yeah, that's true. I've seen people say they will go 19-0, but those people are rare. Vegas has the Eagles going 11-5 (2nd or 3rd in the NFC), is that rating them to highly? No offense intended, but you just sound like a hater. The Eagles are a SB contender this year as long as MV7 doesn't get seriously injured and despite him being called injury prone he has only missed a significant amount of time once in his entire career.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Chutebox  Online

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"] Eagles are over-rated year after year, just like the Cowboys usually are and end up disappointing like always. As much as I like the guy personally, Andy Reid is a loser, the whole organization has always been at the bottom of the barrel and probably always will be. Didn't you hear Strahand tonight talking about how he feared for the safety of his family when they were at an Eagles game? Even the fans are...well you get the idea.

No_Hablo_Ingles

The experts said the Eagles were an 8-8 or 6-10 team last year. Yet they are over rated every year year :lol: The fans are passionate. The Organization is top class. The coaching is great. There is a reason players are flocking to the Eagles. As far as being over rated this year? By some yeah, that's true. I've seen people say they will go 19-0, but those people are rare. Vegas has the Eagles going 11-5 (2nd or 3rd in the NFC), is that rating them to highly? No offense intended, but you just sound like a hater. The Eagles are a SB contender this year as long as MV7 doesn't get seriously injured and despite him being called injury prone he has only missed a significant amount of time once in his entire career.

Passionate isn't a word I'd use for the fans...ask Mike Irvin.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 No_Hablo_Ingles
Passionate isn't a word I'd use for the fans...ask Mike Irvin.Chutebox
One man's suicide bomber is another man's martyr :P Also there are crazies in every fan base.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"] Eagles are over-rated year after year, just like the Cowboys usually are and end up disappointing like always. As much as I like the guy personally, Andy Reid is a loser, the whole organization has always been at the bottom of the barrel and probably always will be. Didn't you hear Strahand tonight talking about how he feared for the safety of his family when they were at an Eagles game? Even the fans are...well you get the idea.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Making excuses for that kind of behavior is...wow. :roll:

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

Bigboi500

what excuse am I making? There are those kind of people in every fan base, and the Irvin thing was classic Mob Mentality that every fan base shows from time to time. Austin Collie got seriously hurt against the Eagles in Philly and they didn't cheer, re-watch the injury and the crowd (after being upset with the flag) went silent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

From what I see on comments from NFL.com Eagle fans tend to be very obnoxious. Probably some of the worst if not the worst on the website. I'm not sure if that is any indictation of what they are like in real life, but yeah.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] The experts said the Eagles were an 8-8 or 6-10 team last year. Yet they are over rated every year year :lol: The fans are passionate. The Organization is top class. The coaching is great. There is a reason players are flocking to the Eagles. As far as being over rated this year? By some yeah, that's true. I've seen people say they will go 19-0, but those people are rare. Vegas has the Eagles going 11-5 (2nd or 3rd in the NFC), is that rating them to highly? No offense intended, but you just sound like a hater. The Eagles are a SB contender this year as long as MV7 doesn't get seriously injured and despite him being called injury prone he has only missed a significant amount of time once in his entire career.

No_Hablo_Ingles

what excuse am I making? There are those kind of people in every fan base, and the Irvin thing was classic Mob Mentality that every fan base shows from time to time. Austin Collie got seriously hurt against the Eagles in Philly and they didn't cheer, re-watch the injury and the crowd (after being upset with the flag) went silent

Dude...I've read your comments for a year or more here on this board and you've made tons of nonsensical excuses for any and all bad athelete behavior and poor performances.

If your hero M Vick flew a plane into the Pope's bedroom you'd probably say he did it because he was under too much pressure and not his fault, and that it was all in the past, and that he deserves a chocolate milkshake and a pat on the head, and that the adreneline rush would help him throw 100 td's this season.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 No_Hablo_Ingles

Dude...I've read your comments for a year or more here on this board and you've made tons of nonsensical excuses for any and all bad athelete behavior and poor performances.

If your hero M Vick flew a plane into the Pope's bedroom you'd probably say he did it because he was under too much pressure and not his fault, and that it was all in the past, and that he deserves a chocolate milkshake and a pat on the head, and that the adreneline rush would help him throw 100 td's this season.

Bigboi500

What? You don't know what you are talking about. I made no excuse when the Packers beat the Eagles, or any other lost for that matter. The only athlete I like that has any kind of character issue is Vick. My arguments, like anyone here can testify, are usually based off numbers and fact.

criegz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 criegz
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

Because Vince Young decided to be a loudmouth, three quarters of the league has painted targets on the Eagles back... Just puts a heap of pressure on the Eagles now. Shame... I'll still support them though.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Chutebox  Online

Because Vince Young decided to be a loudmouth, three quarters of the league has painted targets on the Eagles back... Just puts a heap of pressure on the Eagles now. Shame... I'll still support them though.

criegz
I thought Vick said it?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]Passionate isn't a word I'd use for the fans...ask Mike Irvin.No_Hablo_Ingles
One man's suicide bomber is another man's martyr :P Also there are crazies in every fan base.

Dude, it was like half of the stadium lol.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="criegz"]

Chutebox
I thought Vick said it?

Vince young said it during some press conference, which makes it so much more amusing :P
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="criegz"]

Chutebox
I thought Vick said it?

no, it was Vince, and the dream team comment is being taken out of context anyway. When Reporters ask Vick about if he thinks the Eagles are a dream team he dodges it, but says he feels this is going to be a special season.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]Passionate isn't a word I'd use for the fans...ask Mike Irvin.Chutebox

... NFL fan bases are like cookies... you can never have too many nuts?
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 No_Hablo_Ingles
Oh and PLEASE people, stop being sheep. Watch the entire Vince Young interview instead of the soundbite ESPN plays for ratings. VY didn't say dream team like they are suggesting, and was quite humble throughout the entire interview. He didn't say, the Eagles are a dream team and are going to win not 1, not 2, not 3... championships. Tell me where he shows arrogance that is portrayed in the media. "Dream Team. From Nnamdi to Cromartie, and from Jason [Babin] to myself, I know they're going to do some more things. It's beautiful to see where we're trying to go. I'm all for it. Whatever they ask me to do, to be scout team quarterback or quarterback learning, do whatever it is. I just want to be here to help and be a part of a team. I'm just happy to be a part of the Philadelphia Eagles."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

... NFL fan bases are like cookies... you can never have too many nuts?No_Hablo_Ingles
Well yeah. Until they harass other team's fans and are violent. Such as the Browns fan who tackled a boy who was a Jets fan last season.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SF_KiLLaMaN
The Lions' starters didn't look as sharp last night, but I still have hope for the season.I might actually go to a Lions game this year. The tickets are so damn expensive though....
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] One man's suicide bomber is another man's martyr :P Also there are crazies in every fan base.

What? I hate nuts in my cookies.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Dude, it was like half of the stadium lol.

What? I hate nuts in my cookies.

.... I kind of wanted tom quote Bruce Almighty... but forgot the quote :/