NFL Preseason Thread.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule/_/seasontype/1

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Master_Live

So, I'm watxhing Sports Center and the MNF theme starts and it turns out the preseason starts tomorrow, didn't know that :P So it start with Seahawks and Chargers on ESPN at 8:00 ET.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Can't wait to see some football tomorrow.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Excited, only because of all the new pieces we have. Not excited, because Phillip Rivers will eat the defense alive in his only series.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

for all seahawks fans that follow them, I'm sort of confused on one thing I'd like an answer on. Why did they think getting Tarvaris Jackson was a good move? I don't mean to put them down (Seahawks are one of the teams I like to follow in the actual season), but it just seems odd that they'd go for him since he's never proved anything. Regardless, I'm hoping they show this on TV just as the start of football, if not I'll have to wait for thursday (tomorrow) for the eagles 1st preseason game.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 monkeytoes61

for all seahawks fans that follow them, I'm sort of confused on one thing I'd like an answer on. Why did they think getting Tarvaris Jackson was a good move? I don't mean to put them down (Seahawks are one of the teams I like to follow in the actual season), but it just seems odd that they'd go for him since he's never proved anything. Regardless, I'm hoping they show this on TV just as the start of football, if not I'll have to wait for thursday (tomorrow) for the eagles 1st preseason game.

blueboxdoctor
Pete saw something he liked. But don't think he is the future or anything. He is just a stop gap while they search for the franchise guy. I will be surprised if T Jack is still a Seahawk in three years.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

monkeytoes61

Pete saw something he liked. But don't think he is the future or anything. He is just a stop gap while they search for the franchise guy. I will be surprised if T Jack is still a Seahawk in three years.

ah, good to hear it's not intended as long term. at least they were smart enough not to get vince young who's apparently looking horrible in philly (not really a shocker, but he'll probably have to play 2 or 3 games which won't be good).

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

but it just seems odd that they'd go for him since he's never proved anything.

blueboxdoctor

There were signs of quality before the Vikings started jerking him around with the whole Favre routine. I think he'll do fine, especially in a run-focused offense with plenty of targets to throw to (Rice, Williams, Miller, Carlson).

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]but it just seems odd that they'd go for him since he's never proved anything.

Oleg_Huzwog

There were signs of quality before the Vikings started jerking him around with the whole Favre routine. I think he'll do fine, especially in a run-focused offense with plenty of targets to throw to (Rice, Williams, Miller, Carlson).

I agree. Plus, the west coast offense takes a few years to master, years he was never given in Minnesota. I have faith, I think he can take them to an 8-8 record.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]but it just seems odd that they'd go for him since he's never proved anything.

monkeytoes61

I agree. Plus, the west coast offense takes a few years to master, years he was never given in Minnesota. I have faith, I think he can take them to an 8-8 record.

And as an added bonus, he's a year younger than Whitehurst.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Lets go Charger "Nation"! :P so are they moving to LA or what?
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 monkeytoes61

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

Oleg_Huzwog

And as an added bonus, he's a year younger than Whitehurst.

And the mobility will be nice with a talented, but inexperienced offensive line.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

EAGLES

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50596 Posts

Hey look, a touchback...stupid change NFL!

"Very exciting"

Gruden's remark to another touchback....

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

I am really liking the Patriots so far.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Vick looks (well looked but I'm watching the game now) great.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
OOh yeah, and the D-line is awesome also.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox

Our PoS kicking game lol. Good drive by Rex and the offense though.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Alright, Packers vs. Browns on NFL Network at 4:30. Too bad I'll miss the starters.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Our PoS kicking game lol. Good drive by Rex and the offense though.

Chutebox

Yeah that first FG try was terrible. Rex tonight has played pretty well. Hopefully the defense is improved this season.

Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts

Don't mess with Suh.:P

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Dolphins with the late comeback. See what happens when you take Henne out?
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

It was nice seeing the Lions dominate, but then again, it's preseason and the Bengals aren't a good team either. :P What I didn't like was that the game didn't air until about an hour after it started here in the Detroit area. I already knew it was 21-3 before they even started showing the game here.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
Pre Season Football or anything is like non alcoholic beer.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
I cant wait to watch the jets on monday night. I hope Plax plays.
Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts

I cant wait to watch the jets on monday night. I hope Plax plays.TonyDanzaFan

He out for the Houston game.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]I cant wait to watch the jets on monday night. I hope Plax plays.ps3_owns_360Wii

Dangggg. Well I'm excited to see wilkerson too.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

[QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"]I cant wait to watch the jets on monday night. I hope Plax plays.TonyDanzaFan

I want to see what Kyle Wilson and Jamaal Westerman can bring to the table, as well as Ellis and Wilkerson.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

That was lame... Why on earth would they play Graham Harrell an entire half? That guy sucks!

I mean, at least he got a touchdown, I guess. Too bad it was for the other team and it wasn't even a catch...

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Panthers won and I am happy. Clausen and Newton had about the same level of game. Clausen did have the pick but it looked to be Williams fault some. He did have the touchdown pass to Olsen. Newton seemed a little more erratic but he brought energy and excitement not there with Clausen. Personally I think Clausen deserves the chance to be the starter but Newton could very well take it.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Live

Lets see what Clausen got, let Newton hold the clipboard for a year.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

ps3_owns_360Wii

That was an asshat move on his part, I hope they take a decent chunk of his salary for it. I've got a lot of repsect for his physical talent, but that's something I've noticed from him is that he takes a lot of cheap shots. Schwartz seems to be encouraging it, too, as I saw a lot of other Lions defensive players doing things like diving onto piles and at a grounded player long after the whistle, makes me lose a lot of respect for him. Coaches should be chewing players out when they pull dirty crap like that, especially when it's so blatent, and not encoraging it.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

theone86

That was an asshat move on his part, I hope they take a decent chunk of his salary for it. I've got a lot of repsect for his physical talent, but that's something I've noticed from him is that he takes a lot of cheap shots. Schwartz seems to be encouraging it, too, as I saw a lot of other Lions defensive players doing things like diving onto piles and at a grounded player long after the whistle, makes me lose a lot of respect for him. Coaches should be chewing players out when they pull dirty crap like that, especially when it's so blatent, and not encoraging it.

I don't think Suh meant for it to be a "cheap shot." I think it was just a lack of awareness. Also, how is Schwartz encouraging it when he even said after the game that Suh has to work on not committing those types of penalties? Why would Schwartz chew him out for something so minor in a pre-season game? Maybe if it was the regular season and the games meant something.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

I know it's just preseason but it's good to see my Cardinals looking like a complete, competent team again unlike last season where they looked like a mess every time the offense came on the field.

We overpaid for Kolb, but he looked pretty good and I think he'll be worth it in the long run if we do good this year and can extend Larry Fitzgerald's contract. John Skelton is going to be an awesome quarterback, I sense so much potential in him... ever since we drafted him last year I've known he's going to be a beast of a QB. He might give Kolb a run for his money for that starting QB position... he has the size, the arm, and the accuracy, all he needs is the experience to go with it.

Todd Heap is looking like an amazing signing and our tight end corps went from one of the worst in the league to easily one of the best in the league in one offseason with Heap, King, and Housler. Patrick Peterson looked kind of lost out there though, I was most excited to see what he does. I think once he gets into the rhythm of playing in the pro-league he'll be a beast of a cornerback and special teams returner though. Until he realizes his potential in the pros, our cornerback corps aren't that good and I already miss having DRC in the secondary.

I'm excited for the season! Go Cards.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

I don't think Suh meant for it to be a "cheap shot." I think it was just a lack of awareness. Also, how is Schwartz encouraging it when he even said after the game that Suh has to work on not committing those types of penalties? Why would Schwartz chew him out for something so minor in a pre-season game? Maybe if it was the regular season and the games meant something.

I wouldn't exactly call it incidental. Maybe he wasn't intending for it to be a cheap shot, but that's a problem if the way he plays naturally results in cheap shots like that, if so he needs a bit more discipline. Didn't hear about Schwartz calling him out, glad to hear it. I only mentioned Schwartz because he had gotten behind his players last season after they did some blatantly unecessary things. As for chewing him out, it's a matter of principle. Being tough is one thing, I happen to like roughneck football, but when a QB goes to the ground without a helmet after the play is blown dead, that's another thing. There's roughneck and then there's dirty, and lately I've seen too many coaches either let dirty stuff go or even encourage it slightly, and I just think it's something that no coach should be soft on because if it was their QB they'd be angry as hell.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="ps3_owns_360Wii"]

jiggaloj

I want to see what Kyle Wilson and Jamaal Westerman can bring to the table, as well as Ellis and Wilkerson.

Dude, Ellis is on the pats. Or did you mean him on the pats? If so I apologize lol.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
He's talking about rookie Kenrick Ellis... the Jets 3rd RD draft pick. Both have looked great in camp thus far.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

the eagles play every game on thursday, not sure why :P

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Lets see what Clausen got, let Newton hold the clipboard for a year.

Master_Live

And my fellow Packer fans want to trade Flynn. :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox

Link

+1 respect to Bears.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theone86

Link

+1 respect to Bears.

Chutebox

Yeah, new coverage rules suck, might as well just put the ball at the 20 and skip the kickoff altogether. Funny thing, though, one of our coverage guys got injured on the first kickoff of the game, though I don't think it had anything to do with the kickoff being done from the 30.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Mane, I was getting excited for Football and still am, but then I turn on FOX and Joe Buck shows up, knocking my excitment level downa few inches.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox

Ha, love watching this Eagle D get scored on two consecutive drives!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox

Mane, I was getting excited for Football and still am, but then I turn on FOX and Joe Buck shows up, knocking my excitment level downa few inches.

Boston_Boyy
Ya, he's more boring than usual today.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

the eagles look awful tonight :(

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox

Love it!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chutebox

Vick is awesome!

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
So many turnovers.. and Joe Buck has to be the most boring commentator in the world. "He runs up the middle...and he fumbles it...another turnover...FML" WTF? Take a shot of 5 hour energy and do your job.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

I know it's only preseason but damn, the Eagles looked terrible tonight. That o-line needs help.