NFL Preseason Thread.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Nice for Ocho to offer but of course the NFL turn it down.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/08/chad-ochocinco-offers-to-reimburse-bucs-linebacker-mason-foster-if-hes-fined-for-hit-but-nfl-would-n.html?fb

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#102 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Charlie is outperforming Tarvaris so far in the preseason. Uh oh...
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

http://www.nesn.com/2011/08/chad-ochocinco-offers-to-reimburse-bucs-linebacker-mason-foster-if-hes-fined-for-hit-but-nfl-would-n.html?fbsherman-tank1

I don't see how the NFL can stop Ochocinco from giving him the money after he pays the fine.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50704 Posts

Charlie is outperforming Tarvaris so far in the preseason. Uh oh...monkeytoes61
No **** T. Jack sucks! I told you this!!!

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
Charlie is outperforming Tarvaris so far in the preseason. Uh oh...monkeytoes61
The Seahawks look pretty bad. The mediocre QB's you have now will make Hasselbeck look like you had Joe Montana at QB. It's a pretty easy formula in the NFL. Good teams have good QB's and the bad teams have bad QB's. It's a QB league. The "Lose for LUCK" campaign is in full motion in Seattle.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

oh this is good, now watch them use a 4th round pick for diva pryor, and then hear the sellsman talk about how they're going to turn him into a top 5 qb

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Charlie is outperforming Tarvaris so far in the preseason. Uh oh...ohjtbehaaave
The Seahawks look pretty bad. The mediocre QB's you have now will make Hasselbeck look like you had Joe Montana at QB. It's a pretty easy formula in the NFL. Good teams have good QB's and the bad teams have bad QB's. It's a QB league. The "Lose for LUCK" campaign is in full motion in Seattle.

Hang on there buddy. It's been two pre season games, Okung is hurt, many of the starters are still not playing yet. Let's hold on at least until week four or five.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts
Like I said... it's a QB league. Hasselbeck put some fear into the other team... now the Seahawks don't scare anybody on offense. The QB's are average to bad... the RB's don't scare anyone... and neither does the receiving corp with the bad QB's they have. Throw in the D that's not that good and factor in they will be on the field a LOT this year with that offense... and things aren't looking up. For your sake I hope I'm wrong. The bright side is that Division is the worst in FB so maybe they can hang around until things click. If the Seahawks win more than 7 games with those QB's... they've really done something this year.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Chutebox

Bwhaha, kinda funny thing on NFL Network. Instead of saying challenge flag, chick said flag...without the "l" in the word.

I giggled...

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

SF_KiLLaMaN

I don't see how the NFL can stop Ochocinco from giving him the money after he pays the fine.

The rules are there for a reason, because the league wants the game to be played that way. The fines are a way of getting players to stick to the rules. If the players being fined aren't paying the money themselves then they have no incentive to follow the rules, which is the point of the fines in the first place. Agree or disagree with the rule itself, the fines become pretty much meaningless if the players aren't paying them.

Oh, and can everyone remember it's just preseason? I swear, people act like they can predict the entire season practically after just two preseason games, but this is really just practice.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

theone86

The rules are there for a reason, because the league wants the game to be played that way. The fines are a way of getting players to stick to the rules. If the players being fined aren't paying the money themselves then they have no incentive to follow the rules, which is the point of the fines in the first place. Agree or disagree with the rule itself, the fines become pretty much meaningless if the players aren't paying them.

Oh, and can everyone remember it's just preseason? I swear, people act like they can predict the entire season practically after just two preseason games, but this is really just practice.

I understand that, but I don't think the NFL can tell Ochocinco to not give him money. Sure, Foster will have to pay the fine, but Ochocinco could easily just give him the money back after the fine is paid, and I don't believe the NFL has the authority to tell him he cannot do so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Like I said... it's a QB league. Hasselbeck put some fear into the other team... now the Seahawks don't scare anybody on offense. The QB's are average to bad... the RB's don't scare anyone... and neither does the receiving corp with the bad QB's they have. Throw in the D that's not that good and factor in they will be on the field a LOT this year with that offense... and things aren't looking up. For your sake I hope I'm wrong. The bright side is that Division is the worst in FB so maybe they can hang around until things click. If the Seahawks win more than 7 games with those QB's... they've really done something this year.ohjtbehaaave
I don't think they will be doing all that great. I really see the Rams standing on top of the NFC West.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 monkeytoes61
Like I said... it's a QB league. Hasselbeck put some fear into the other team... now the Seahawks don't scare anybody on offense. The QB's are average to bad... the RB's don't scare anyone... and neither does the receiving corp with the bad QB's they have. Throw in the D that's not that good and factor in they will be on the field a LOT this year with that offense... and things aren't looking up. For your sake I hope I'm wrong. The bright side is that Division is the worst in FB so maybe they can hang around until things click. If the Seahawks win more than 7 games with those QB's... they've really done something this year.ohjtbehaaave
Please, did you watch Hasselbeck play the last three years? He wasn't scaring anybody. The receivers should scare some people. Nobody wants to face two WRs that are both 6' 4" or taller. I agree, it won't be a GREAT season for Seattle. But you are making it sound way worse than it is. They signed some good FAs, the offensive line is young and will only get better with time. T Jack is just a stopgap for the next QB anyways. My prediction for this year is 7-9. If Tarvaris plays really well, maybe 8-8. It's been two preseason games, I am not giving up on him yet.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

Here's hoping Plaxico can be as productive as he was tonight.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] I don't see how the NFL can stop Ochocinco from giving him the money after he pays the fine.

SF_KiLLaMaN

I understand that, but I don't think the NFL can tell Ochocinco to not give him money. Sure, Foster will have to pay the fine, but Ochocinco could easily just give him the money back after the fine is paid, and I don't believe the NFL has the authority to tell him he cannot do so.

Well, I think OC said he would pay the fine for him, and the league said no. If the league found out he did give him money seperately and/or it became a regular thing I think the league would come down on OC pretty hard. I think really he was just trying to show his support for defensive players, it was symbolic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

I must say I am very impressed with Colt McCoy. Browns can be a potiental playoff team this season.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

I must say I am very impressed with Colt McCoy. Browns can be a potiental playoff team this season.

sherman-tank1
...preseason.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

No_Hablo_Ingles
...preseason.

agreed. but i did like what i saw from him last year. thing is, they play in the AFC north. competing against the steelers and ravens. i don't see them finishing above EITHER team. they get 3rd place at best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

starwarsjunky

...preseason.

agreed. but i did like what i saw from him last year. thing is, they play in the AFC north. competing against the steelers and ravens. i don't see them finishing above EITHER team. they get 3rd place at best

This is part of my reason. Also, it is true that they have a small chance of finishing 2nd. I said a potiental playoff team, I wasn't saying I thought they were going to make it.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 No_Hablo_Ingles
The Eagles are 6-26 in their last 32 preseason road games... just an uninteresting fact I looked up...
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 monkeytoes61

sherman-tank1
I've been saying it since he was drafted, he will be the next great QB in this league. Not saying he is as good as Joe Montana, but he basically is just like him. Same body build, 3rd round pick, great accuracy with average arm strength, and they run the same system (albeit, this West Coast offense is a little different from the one Bill Walsh ran 30 years ago).
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

monkeytoes61
I've been saying it since he was drafted, he will be the next great QB in this league. Not saying he is as good as Joe Montana, but he basically is just like him. Same body build, 3rd round pick, great accuracy with average arm strength, and they run the same system (albeit, this West Coast offense is a little different from the one Bill Walsh ran 30 years ago).

i wouldn't go that far. not yet, at least. but he'll be a top 5-10 at some point i think.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

starwarsjunky

i wouldn't go that far. not yet, at least. but he'll be a top 5-10 at some point i think.

No, top 10 maybe, but not top 5. Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Andrew Luck (yes, I went there), Joe Flacco, Cam Newton (Yep, I went there again) will all be better when the Bradys and the Mannings of the NFL are gone.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

starwarsjunky

Obviously he isn't there yet. I am saying in three or four years, he will be.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] I've been saying it since he was drafted, he will be the next great QB in this league. Not saying he is as good as Joe Montana, but he basically is just like him. Same body build, 3rd round pick, great accuracy with average arm strength, and they run the same system (albeit, this West Coast offense is a little different from the one Bill Walsh ran 30 years ago).

No, top 10 maybe, but not top 5. Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Andrew Luck (yes, I went there), Joe Flacco, Cam Newton (Yep, I went there again) will all be better when the Bradys and the Mannings of the NFL are gone.

well peyton/brady are starting to get older and will soon(or arguably are) beginning their decline. freeman and flacco haven't done anything impressive yet to make me think they're "elite". Luck and newton, are obviously completely untested so there's no way to know for sure. between newton and luck at least 1 will end up being average at best. granted, this is just my opinion so take it as you will. freeman will be good, but don't think top 5 good. there's plenty of room for mccoy to be top 5.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 No_Hablo_Ingles
Freeman is top 5 good. He was top 10 good in his 2nd year.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 starwarsjunky
Freeman is top 5 good. He was top 10 good in his 2nd year.No_Hablo_Ingles
i don't know what it is. maybe i just haven't watched the right games, but i haven't seen anything all that impressive.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Freeman is top 5 good. He was top 10 good in his 2nd year.starwarsjunky
i don't know what it is. maybe i just haven't watched the right games, but i haven't seen anything all that impressive.

Dude is a monster. Watch the saints game. He was very impressive.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Chutebox
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

No_Hablo_Ingles
...preseason.

So? You canstill judge individuals from preseason.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Chutebox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] I've been saying it since he was drafted, he will be the next great QB in this league. Not saying he is as good as Joe Montana, but he basically is just like him. Same body build, 3rd round pick, great accuracy with average arm strength, and they run the same system (albeit, this West Coast offense is a little different from the one Bill Walsh ran 30 years ago).

Cam? Seriously?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Chutebox
Freeman is top 5 good. He was top 10 good in his 2nd year.No_Hablo_Ingles
In the future, maybe. Now? No where near?
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Chutebox
...preseason.

Of course you can, just like you can do so before a game. It's just unlikely that it's an accurate measure.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Freeman is top 5 good. He was top 10 good in his 2nd year.Chutebox

right now he is top 10 good. The "top 5 good" was referring to him having the potential to be a semi-elite QB.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] i wouldn't go that far. not yet, at least. but he'll be a top 5-10 at some point i think.

Cam? Seriously?

I am serious when I say he is "that" guy. He will be like Randell Cunningham good. Which isn't world beating Manning or Brady, or anything, but still a great QB who can win games
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Chutebox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] ...preseason.

Of course you can, just like you can do so before a game. It's just unlikely that it's an accurate measure.

So nfl teams that decide who starts and who doesn't get cut based on preseason games are doing it wrong? No
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Freeman is top 5 good. He was top 10 good in his 2nd year.No_Hablo_Ingles

right now he is top 10 good. The "top 5 good" was referring to him having the potential to be a semi-elite QB.

No way he is top 10 yet. Id name you a good 10 if i wasnt at work.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Chutebox
Manning, manning, brady, vick, rodgers, breez, rivers, orton, cutler, romo, ryan, flacci, big ben, mcnabb(i think he sucks). He isnt top 1010 yet, although he had a really good season.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] So? You canstill judge individuals from preseason.

So nfl teams that decide who starts and who doesn't get cut based on preseason games are doing it wrong? No

If preseason is the sole indicator (which it isn't in the NFL) then yes. Kafka is having a better preseason then Vick and looked good against the Ravens and Steeelrs, but if they start him over Vick because of it...
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 No_Hablo_Ingles
Manning, manning, brady, vick, rodgers, breez, rivers, orton, cutler, romo, ryan, flacci, big ben, mcnabb(i think he sucks). He isnt top 1010 yet, although he had a really good season.Chutebox
The numbers disagree with you, and he does it with the youngest offense in the NFL against the toughest division in the NFL. That's all I have to say.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]Manning, manning, brady, vick, rodgers, breez, rivers, orton, cutler, romo, ryan, flacci, big ben, mcnabb(i think he sucks). He isnt top 1010 yet, although he had a really good season.No_Hablo_Ingles
The numbers disagree with you, and he does it with the youngest offense in the NFL against the toughest division in the NFL. That's all I have to say.

Dude, the numbers are with me. The guy had s horrible yearand a good year.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Chutebox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Of course you can, just like you can do so before a game. It's just unlikely that it's an accurate measure.

If preseason is the sole indicator (which it isn't in the NFL) then yes. Kafka is having a better preseason then Vick and looked good against the Ravens and Steeelrs, but if they start him over Vick because of it...

never said or implied that.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]Manning, manning, brady, vick, rodgers, breez, rivers, orton, cutler, romo, ryan, flacci, big ben, mcnabb(i think he sucks). He isnt top 1010 yet, although he had a really good season.Chutebox

Dude, the numbers are with me. The guy had s horrible year and a good year.

last year was more then good, and yeah he had a bad rookie season... just like Manning did.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] So nfl teams that decide who starts and who doesn't get cut based on preseason games are doing it wrong? No

never said or implied that.

I know, just exaggerating the point.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#144 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]Manning, manning, brady, vick, rodgers, breez, rivers, orton, cutler, romo, ryan, flacci, big ben, mcnabb(i think he sucks). He isnt top 1010 yet, although he had a really good season.Chutebox

NO. He had a bad ROOKIE season. Last year he was better than McNabb, and numbers back me up with him being a top 10 QB. 2 years ago doesn't matter, we are talking about right now.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] The numbers disagree with you, and he does it with the youngest offense in the NFL against the toughest division in the NFL. That's all I have to say.Master_Live

NO. He had a bad ROOKIE season. Last year he was better than McNabb, and numbers back me up with him being a top 10 QB. 2 years ago doesn't matter, we are talking about right now.

Ok, then last year doesnt matter. Lets see how he does this year.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Chutebox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] The numbers disagree with you, and he does it with the youngest offense in the NFL against the toughest division in the NFL. That's all I have to say.

Dude, the numbers are with me. The guy had s horrible year and a good year.

last year was more then good, and yeah he had a bad rookie season... just like Manning did.

Was a good season.lets see if it wasn't a fluke.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Dude, the numbers are with me. The guy had s horrible year and a good year.

It was a great season. The fact that he is only in his second year makes it all the more impressive. He had the second best TD/INT rating in the NFL last year, second to only Brady's unprecedented mvp season.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Chutebox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] last year was more then good, and yeah he had a bad rookie season... just like Manning did.

It was a great season. The fact that he is only in his second year makes it all the more impressive. He had the second best TD/INT rating in the NFL last year, second to only Brady's unprecedented mvp season.

the number season means squat. Whether he can keep it up through more than season means everything. It was borderline great. He didnt have too many passing yards.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Chutebox

Hall was stupid for cutting inside, but YAY!

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 No_Hablo_Ingles

Hall was stupid for cutting inside, but YAY!

Chutebox
he is fun to watch. When it's thrown his way it's either A) Big play for the offense or B) Big play for the defense