NBA 2013 Season thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

Man, this Brooklyn Nets team would have had that tiel on lockdown in 2009.

Jagged3dge

Boston as whole has been through a lot this year. The Nets Celtics trade adds to it.

BN0WzaFCcAAlpo5.jpg

... eww
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Dwights looking for a house in Houston. This confirms nothing (I LIE, THIS CONFIRMS EVERYTHING!)-Halftime-
Dwight's at UCLA, mang.

>.>
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
Philly despite trading away Jrue did good getting Pierre Jackson in the 2nd round and that 1st round protected pick next year in a loaded draft will really prove this was a good trade off
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 No_Hablo_Ingles
Philly despite trading away Jrue did good getting Pierre Jackson in the 2nd round and that 1st round protected pick next year in a loaded draft will really prove this was a good trade offandyboiii
Yeah, and plus Noel can be a game changer IMO.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#205 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
Yeah, and plus Noel can be a game changer IMO.No_Hablo_Ingles
yeah I feel pretty confident he'll be what Greg Oden was supposed to be if he was healthy
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

[QUOTE="PSP107"]lol@ Bill Simmons reaction to the number pick. *laughs*Bikouchu35

Can someone get a gif of that.

im still waiting?
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 PSP107
[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="Boston_Boyy"]

Man, this Brooklyn Nets team would have had that tiel on lockdown in 2009.

Boston as whole has been through a lot this year. The Nets Celtics trade adds to it.

BN0WzaFCcAAlpo5.jpg

Pretty much this. Now im waiting for a RedSox meltdown.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"]lol@ Bill Simmons reaction to the number pick. *laughs*PSP107

Can someone get a gif of that.

im still waiting?

He actually talked himself into liking the trade now.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 No_Hablo_Ingles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sqoxXAr7Y&feature=youtu.be How Bobcat fan's reaction to drafting Zeller.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 PSP107
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sqoxXAr7Y&feature=youtu.be How Bobcat fan's reaction to drafting Zeller.No_Hablo_Ingles
lol@ dude in the video "hey thats a good pick"
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 No_Hablo_Ingles
Rockets hire Dwight's former strength and conditioning coach from Orlando. At this point, if we don't get Dwight I would be extremely disappointed...
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#212 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Missed it, who drafted Glen Rice Jr? I watched him play in the D-League on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, and was hoping the Rockets would get him

Washington Wizards.

Thanks... I suppose that's not to bad. At least he is going to have a chance to play because Beal is injury prone

The Wizards traded for him. He was drafted by the 76ers but then traded for 2 draft picks.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] Washington Wizards.TheWalkingGhost
Thanks... I suppose that's not to bad. At least he is going to have a chance to play because Beal is injury prone

The Wizards traded for him. He was drafted by the 76ers but then traded for 2 draft picks.

The Rockets former assistant GM pulled a Morey >.>

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 PSP107
Rockets hire Dwight's former strength and conditioning coach from Orlando. At this point, if we don't get Dwight I would be extremely disappointed... No_Hablo_Ingles
What would your reaction be if they the Rockets do sign him? Also, liked I mentioned months ago, what do they do with Asik? The reason why the local Bulls didn't match the Rockets offer was the 3rd year was too much for a backup center.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Rondo trade rumors now. I think the Celtics are just trying to tank this season as hard as possible.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#216 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Rondo trade rumors now. I think the Celtics are just trying to tank this season as hard as possible. JML897
Honestly it makes sense. Does Rondo seem like a guy that would be patient and act like a good soldier on a rebuilding team
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 JML897
Yeah I'm not saying I disagree with them doing it. As we've said a million times it's usually better to flat-out suck than to be mediocre (especially considering next year's draft).
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I always felt like Rondo was a very good point guard only really in that Boston system, filled with players that he was able to get going.  I don't think Rondo can make a bad team good.  Which is why I've never viewed him as a top 3 PG.  Don't get me wrong, he's still great.  But if he sticks around with a depleted Boston team, expect to see the flaws in his game really exposed.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 PSP107

I always felt like Rondo was a very good point guard only really in that Boston system, filled with players that he was able to get going.  I don't think Rondo can make a bad team good.  Which is why I've never viewed him as a top 3 PG.  Don't get me wrong, he's still great.  But if he sticks around with a depleted Boston team, expect to see the flaws in his game really exposed.

Jagged3dge
I disagree. Rondo helped Allen, Garnett and Pierce expand their years. The guy was averaging alot of assist. His flaw in his game is his shooting. The 2012-2013 Celtics was a 7th seed without Rondo. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics become the 5 or 6th seed with Bass, Wallace, Humprhies, Green, Kelly etc.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="PSP107"]What would your reaction be if they the Rockets do sign him? Also, liked I mentioned months ago, what do they do with Asik? The reason why the local Bulls didn't match the Rockets offer was the 3rd year was too much for a backup center.

You know me. I'm cool, calm, and collected... Different set of circumstances dealing with Asik's contract. If the Bulls signed him, his salary would have been 5/5/15. Since the Bulls didn't sign him his salary on the books is 8.3/8.3/8.3 (despite him getting paid 5/5/15 in real life) Two idea 1. Keep Asik and never let another team get an offensive rebound ever again. 2. Trade Asik. After this season he has very high value around the league.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 No_Hablo_Ingles
I doubt Rondo to Dallas will happen. Both the Celtics and Dallas are trying to create more cap space. Boston is trying to get rid of Bass/Lee/Wallace and probably Jeff Green. Mavs trying to get rid of Carter and Marion to get enough space for Dwight. Won't happen.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 -Halftime-
Lakers looking to hire Kurt Rambis, according to Woj. Woj is credible so high hopes this happens. Kurt's a Phil guy and a good coach.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 -Halftime-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEL4CDWXR8&feature=player_embedded This is amazing. Swag on a hundred trillion
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEL4CDWXR8&feature=player_embedded This is amazing. Swag on a hundred trillion

great video.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEL4CDWXR8&feature=player_embedded This is amazing. Swag on a hundred trillion-Halftime-

Like a boss :cool:

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Conscrumptured
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEL4CDWXR8&feature=player_embedded This is amazing. Swag on a hundred trillion

"No push-off." :lol: Awesome.
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

Here's a video of CWebb owning Tim Duncan (2:20 - 2:40) ... Made KG look bad at around 2:50.

Makes me sad that injuries derailed his career.

and yes, I was bored.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 No_Hablo_Ingles

Here's a video of CWebb owning Tim Duncan (2:20 - 2:40) ... Made KG look bad at around 2:50.

and yes, I was bored.

CWEBB04z
I sometimes forget how good Chris was... probably because he is a terrible broadcaster.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEL4CDWXR8&feature=player_embedded This is amazing. Swag on a hundred trillion-Halftime-

Wow, just when I thought his ego couldn't get any bigger. But not really surprised.

I don't believe any of the Bulls teams were the greatest of all time. They can only be the geatest of that era, having not played any of the other great teams in their prime. Prove it? It's unprove-able, and MJ knows it. He can't prove that they were the best either but he knows his fans will suck it up if he says it. But I do know 72 wins in that era doesn't necessarily mean 72 wins in the era of the other great teams.

I could be wrong but MJ seems to have an unnatural and disturbing need for people to consider him and his Bulls the greatest. The periodic comments he makes when someone is compared to him, even to the point of "screaming at the tv (as a sports show host recently quoted MJ as saying) when someone favors Lebron in some area over him. Makes me think he will be a bitter old man when his name and accomplishments fade over time as they all do and that generation won't care a bit about what he did. Just another opinion.

And, yes...push-off!

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 JML897
It's funny that some people commenting on that video are saying things like "talk about cockiness and arrogance, now I really don't like him anymore". Jordan's been an arrogant dick for 30 years, if you're just finding that out now then you haven't been paying attention
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Jagged3dge

It's funny that some people commenting on that video are saying things like "talk about cockiness and arrogance, now I really don't like him anymore". Jordan's been an arrogant dick for 30 years, if you're just finding that out now then you haven't been paying attentionJML897

Now imagine if LeBron carried that same attitude.

Would of made for some ugly reads if MJ played during the internet generation.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 -Halftime-
MJ being an arrogant dick is precisely why I like him. Same with Kobe, Gary Payton, and pretty much all of my favorite players. This game isn't about being nice.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Holy hell it was an advertisement for a video game ffs

The commercials leading up to its release had people arguing over the goat team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWYReltxHio

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEL4CDWXR8&feature=player_embedded This is amazing. Swag on a hundred trillionmont13

Wow, just when I thought his ego couldn't get any bigger. But not really surprised.

I don't believe any of the Bulls teams were the greatest of all time. They can only be the geatest of that era, having not played any of the other great teams in their prime. Prove it? It's unprove-able, and MJ knows it. He can't prove that they were the best either but he knows his fans will suck it up if he says it. But I do know 72 wins in that era doesn't necessarily mean 72 wins in the era of the other great teams.

I could be wrong but MJ seems to have an unnatural and disturbing need for people to consider him and his Bulls the greatest. The periodic comments he makes when someone is compared to him, even to the point of "screaming at the tv (as a sports show host recently quoted MJ as saying) when someone favors Lebron in some area over him. Makes me think he will be a bitter old man when his name and accomplishments fade over time as they all do and that generation won't care a bit about what he did. Just another opinion.

And, yes...push-off!

:lol: This is freaking classic. It was an advertisement dude. And MJ rejected the GOAT title multiple times.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 TheWalkingGhost

Silverbond
I guess the obvious wasn't obvious enough for some. :lol:
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 mont13

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

TheWalkingGhost

I guess the obvious wasn't obvious enough for some. :lol:

It wasn't posted as an advertisement. Nothing in the video that I see or hear indicates it's an advertisement. I haven't seen any commercials leading up to any release.......exactly how is it obvious? I even did a short search to try to find out exactly when MJ said those things and the circumstances surrounding it, didn't find anything. Sounds exactly like something Jordan would say imo, I could easily see MJ making a video like that.

That video didn't convince me of Jordan's arrogance, it was just more confirmation of it. Now that I know it was an ad, cool, whatever. Even without that video I believe everything I posted is true.

I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing, criticizing or even harshly criticizing any thing I post. But in this case a better response would have been "Not sure if you know this was an advertisement", "Are you aware that this was an ad..." But whatever, post what you want, I did.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 No_Hablo_Ingles
Lakers fans are funny. Pau Gasol for Rondo :lol:
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 -Halftime-
Lakers fans are funny. Pau Gasol for Rondo :lol:No_Hablo_Ingles
It could happen if the Celtics want to go full tank mode next season, but the Lakers would have to take back a few contracts(Which I'd be fine with if it gets you a player like Rondo)
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Lakers fans are funny. Pau Gasol for Rondo :lol:-Halftime-
It could happen if the Celtics want to go full tank mode next season, but the Lakers would have to take back a few contracts(Which I'd be fine with if it gets you a player like Rondo)

If the Celtics want to go full tank mode, they would want picks in addition to expiring contracts. Knicks are more likely than the Laker.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

and yes, I was bored.

CWEBB04z

Heres a video of Cwebb winning something important. 

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

When you're the GOAT you reserve the right to be an arrogant dick. And :lol: at ppl arguing over video game advertisements.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 -Halftime-
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Lakers fans are funny. Pau Gasol for Rondo :lol:No_Hablo_Ingles

If the Celtics want to go full tank mode, they would want picks in addition to expiring contracts. Knicks are more likely than the Laker.

I agree that it likely ain't happening. But I definitely think there's a good chance Rondo is gone before next season. Trade deadline at the latest
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 JML897
Hey does anyone else think LA's whole "STAY D12" campaign is kinda sad and pathetic I'm sure Dwight loves attention but stuff like this just makes it look like the Lakers are getting on their knees and begging Dwight to stay. I'd expect something like that from the Cavs or Bobcats, not one of the most storied franchises in sports.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 mont13

When you're the GOAT you reserve the right to be an arrogant dick. And :lol: at ppl arguing over video game advertisements.

36Ounces

He's not the GOAT. No arguement over video ads, just clarification, didn't know it was an ad. If it was obvious that it was, enlighten me as to how.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="JML897"]Hey does anyone else think LA's whole "STAY D12" campaign is kinda sad and pathetic I'm sure Dwight loves attention but stuff like this just makes it look like the Lakers are getting on their knees and begging Dwight to stay. I'd expect something like that from the Cavs or Bobcats, not one of the most storied franchises in sports.

They set themselves up to be mocked.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 -Halftime-
[QUOTE="JML897"]Hey does anyone else think LA's whole "STAY D12" campaign is kinda sad and pathetic I'm sure Dwight loves attention but stuff like this just makes it look like the Lakers are getting on their knees and begging Dwight to stay. I'd expect something like that from the Cavs or Bobcats, not one of the most storied franchises in sports.

Meh, this is how social media and ad campaigns are nowadays. Best believe if social media was this way back when Kobe was a free agent we'd have been seeing the same stuff.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Jagged3dge

Hey does anyone else think LA's whole "STAY D12" campaign is kinda sad and pathetic I'm sure Dwight loves attention but stuff like this just makes it look like the Lakers are getting on their knees and begging Dwight to stay. I'd expect something like that from the Cavs or Bobcats, not one of the most storied franchises in sports. JML897

Yeah its amusing though.  The fans went from crowning themselves last summer to pleading just to not be irrelevant next year.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

"Pelicans strongly interested in signing free agent forward Andre Iguodala to join old Sixers teammate Jrue Holiday, sources tell Y! Sports."

Holiday/Vasquez
Gordon/Rivers
Iguodala/?
Davis/Anderson
Lopez/? 

Pelicans stacked
NBA fricked 

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

This is going to be a rough few years for the Celtics. Hopefully we can trade Rondo and start anew with Sullinger, Green, and Bradley. We already got tons of picks.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 -Halftime-
Kobe shooting free throws in the gym already. Good sign.