NBA 2013 Season thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Time for the regular season and other such things like

The Spurs

Dwightmare 2

Paul George's rise to superstardom

Anthony Davis: Best Big Man in the NBA

Featuring: The Portland Trailblazers

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Dwight to Rockets.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I hope the Heat can re-sign Chris Anderson. His energy and hustle is essential. Not to mention he played well offensively during the playoff stretch.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Bulls can only really make a lateral move this offseason due to their cap situation. Even with Rose (hopefully) coming back next year I'm still not sure the Bulls will be a better team than the Pacers.

NBA hell here we come

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 No_Hablo_Ingles
I expect Thomas Robinson to Celtics trade to be announced by draft day.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I'm not convinced CP3 is leaving quite yet.

Howard leaving L.A for Houston would make things real interesting out West... But Harden and Howard on the same team doesn't exactly scream top contender to me.  Idk, I guess its just something I would have to see to believe. 

I would also like to see all the point guards return next year fully recovered and ready to elevate their teams.  A lot of players will be working hard in the offseason looking to be the ones to uplift their team and knock the Heat off next year.  

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Have no clue what's going to happen with Dwight. Not paying attention to any of these rumors until right before July 1st. I think CP3 stays with the Clips, but he's real mad apparently that they didn't get Doc.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

Clippers should trade Griffin for Grimer. Get rid of that softness of big men they have. 

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

One more season of burden ass beans and RJ and then we have $20 mil next summer. We wont get the king but we will get some badass player.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Clippers should trade Griffin for Grimer. Get rid of that softness of big men they have. 

Put_in_Kitna

:lol:

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jagged3dge

This might make Hablo cream himself:

Chandler Parsons has been recruiting Dwight Howard to sign with the Houston Rockets.

"I talk to Dwight every day, Parsons said. Ive created a relationship with him where I feel like were very close. He hits me up about everything. Ive covered pretty much every question hes had. I basically tell him We have a chance to be really good without you next year. Were going to have a good season. Why not come and join us, join our core guys that are for sure be here and make great, make us contend for a championship?"

"Thats the main point Ive got from talking to him. He wants to win. He wants to win rings. Its obvious there is no better fit, no better team or opportunity to do that than with us."

Parsons sent Howard a text after watching the Miami Heat celebrate their NBA championship win over the Spurs.

"After watching that last night", Parsons said, "I hit him with, Come to Houston. That could be us."

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 No_Hablo_Ingles

:)

houston-rockets-dance.gif

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

IF Howard ends up in Houston... maybe he will finally learn some post moves other than the one move I think he knows...

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 No_Hablo_Ingles
Doc Rivers just got traded.... to the Clippers.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897
I don't really understand what the Clippers are doing by giving up an unprotected first rounder for Doc Rivers. Did Chris Paul tell them that's the only way he'd re-sign? Doc's a good coach but they could've hired another good coach where they didn't have to give up anything.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jagged3dge

Paul was reportedly "upset" over the deal for Rivers not falling through, so I'm guessing they're just trying to satisfy him any way possible.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silverbond
Doc Rivers just got traded.... to the Clippers.No_Hablo_Ingles
Pending league approval. AKA, basketball reasons
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Doc Rivers just got traded.... to the Clippers.Silverbond
Pending league approval. AKA, basketball reasons

Thank GOD for Basketball reasons... Pau Gasol would have been a Rocket, and Harden may not have been? *puke*
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
D Howard stays with LAL, then they rework Kobe's contract to vet min and amnesty Nashole and trade World Peace. Rework Gasol's contract and sign CP3 and trade for Parsons, hire Jackson as coach. Paul Bryant Parsons Gasol Howard Coach = Phil Jackson SUCK IT HEAT!!!!! ............................Then I woke up....And started to cry.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]D Howard stays with LAL, then they rework Kobe's contract to vet min and amnesty Nashole and trade World Peace. Rework Gasol's contract and sign CP3 and trade for Parsons, hire Jackson as coach. Paul Bryant Parsons Gasol Howard Coach = Phil Jackson SUCK IT HEAT!!!!! ............................Then I woke up....And started to cry.

Half of this stuff can't even happen... You can't amnesty Nash. You can't rework deals.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bikouchu35

I don't really understand what the Clippers are doing by giving up an unprotected first rounder for Doc Rivers. Did Chris Paul tell them that's the only way he'd re-sign? Doc's a good coach but they could've hired another good coach where they didn't have to give up anything. JML897

2029_Slide1_22.jpg

I expected that kind of reaction, but the heck is a 1st round is going matter if its 20+ pick. Worse comes worse, Doc is a proven coach, and they rather risk a pick to keep cp3. For all god knows cp3 wanted Afri-Am coach according to clips forum, idk perhaps trust issues from Sterling's evil past.

edit:This trade saved them from getting Byron fricken Scott, no offense but his coaching...

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]D Howard stays with LAL, then they rework Kobe's contract to vet min and amnesty Nashole and trade World Peace. Rework Gasol's contract and sign CP3 and trade for Parsons, hire Jackson as coach. Paul Bryant Parsons Gasol Howard Coach = Phil Jackson SUCK IT HEAT!!!!! ............................Then I woke up....And started to cry. No_Hablo_Ingles
Half of this stuff can't even happen... You can't amnesty Nash. You can't rework deals.

html>

Read the bold fool.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bikouchu35

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]D Howard stays with LAL, then they rework Kobe's contract to vet min and amnesty Nashole and trade World Peace. Rework Gasol's contract and sign CP3 and trade for Parsons, hire Jackson as coach. Paul Bryant Parsons Gasol Howard Coach = Phil Jackson SUCK IT HEAT!!!!! ............................Then I woke up....And started to cry. TheWalkingGhost

html>

Read the bold fool.

Did you forget? No Hablo Ingles is his name?

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Half of this stuff can't even happen... You can't amnesty Nash. You can't rework deals.Bikouchu35

html>

Read the bold fool.

Should I be easier on him?
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] Half of this stuff can't even happen... You can't amnesty Nash. You can't rework deals.Bikouchu35

html>

Read the bold fool.

:lol:
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 No_Hablo_Ingles

Better question- Why are you dreaming about my boy Chandler Parsons?

ii8UG.jpg

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheWalkingGhost

ii8UG.jpg

No_Hablo_Ingles
He's a dreamboat, duh.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Denver just got one hell of a basketball coach
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheWalkingGhost
Denver just got one hell of a basketball coach-Halftime-
Hopefully Patrick Ewing is next.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jagged3dge

Greg Oden is down in South Florida at the Earl of Sandwich! Would definitely be a good signing for the minimum if the staff sees some potential, he does appear in shape.  Its low risk high reward really.  I could see others overpaying him for two reasons though... 7'0 centers are in high demand and just to avoid him coming to MIA.

He probably realizes he's just another injury away from having his NBA career thrown out the window, so he may be looking out for the highest bidder.  Not sure he desperately wants to win.

JQbNAxO.jpg

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 No_Hablo_Ingles
Greg Oden isn't signing for the minimum... My bet is he's going to get a 2-3 year deal with last year non-guaranteed for about 5 million a season.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheWalkingGhost

Greg Oden is down in South Florida at the Earl of Sandwich! Would definitely be a good signing for the minimum if the staff sees some potential, he does appear in shape.  Its low risk high reward really.  I could see others overpaying him for two reasons though... 7'0 centers are in high demand and just to avoid him coming to MIA.

He probably realizes he's just another injury away from having his NBA career thrown out the window, so he may be looking out for the highest bidder.  Not sure he desperately wants to win.

JQbNAxO.jpg

Jagged3dge
:lol: Go ahead and take him, he will get in a week anyway. The waste hasn't been able to stay healthy for any extended period of time, making signing him high risk and low reward. Not like they need him.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jagged3dge

We all know he's injury prone.  But he could potentially be the answer to the Heat's interior problems when going up against the Pacers and  the Bulls.  Obviously if he stays healthy which is a huge if.  Frankly, I think it'll be a replay of what happened with Brandon Roy this year but who knows.

Definitely wouldn't want the Heat to throw much money at him, not like they have it any way.  I'm sure somebody picks him up though, he seems to really like the Cavs and I wouldn't blame him for choosing there...

I'm confident we're getting Birdman back though, considering he said he can't wait to go for the three-peat next year at the parade.  Hopefully he follows through with those words.  Heat were the only ones that believed in him.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Hopefully Allen comes back as well. I don't see why he wouldn't, but you never know honestly. I love Norris Cole as well, but I think they need to bring Chalmers back. He comes up huge in big games it seems.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jagged3dge

Hopefully Allen comes back as well. I don't see why he wouldn't, but you never know honestly. I love Norris Cole as well, but I think they need to bring Chalmers back. He comes up huge in big games it seems.

yokofox33

Think we can count on Ray to return as well, he did say these are the best teammates he's ever played with.  And I'll take Bosh's word on this http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228356/Bosh-Ray-Allen-Is-Coming-Back-To-Heat

Chalmers is the kind of guy who will always make boneheaded plays, but will always show up for your team.  He's come up huge time and time again.  I think he deserves an extension for sure.  

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Denver just got one hell of a basketball coach-Halftime-
I'm hoping so. I am very positive on the hiring, although I did want Hollins.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 No_Hablo_Ingles

Whose first round pick are we getting? Please be Portland or Hawks!

Thomas Robinson trade is "imminent" according to source. Cavs, Spurs, Bulls potential suitors. #Rocketshttp://t.co/ZUqYLafh0U

Hiren Joshi (@htown747) June 25, 2013
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 No_Hablo_Ingles
Just a general non-Rockets related FA thoughts My initial thoughts are how GMs value players like Monte Ellis, JR Smith and Josh Smith with the new CBA.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

Draft day always reminds me of the Hawks takin Marvin Williams over CP3 or Deron Williams :lol: F*ck we've had so many bad drafts.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

ii8UG.jpg

No_Hablo_Ingles

Shit don't look gay at all. WTF up with that creepy ass smile Parsons got.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

Draft day always reminds me of the Hawks takin Marvin Williams over CP3 or Deron Williams :lol: F*ck we've had so many bad drafts.

36Ounces
It could be worse, your team could've drafted Melo.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 No_Hablo_Ingles
Shit don't look gay at all. WTF up with that creepy ass smile Parsons got.36Ounces
Those are his seduction eyes... no one can resist those... that's how I know we are going to get Dwight ~_^
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

36Ounces
Don't forget about Acie Law, Josh childeress, and Sheldon Williams...
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Just a general non-Rockets related FA thoughts My initial thoughts are how GMs value players like Monte Ellis, JR Smith and Josh Smith with the new CBA.

Monte Ellis has no jump shot. Josh Smith makes some stupid decisions on the court. Like shooting 3 pointers when he obviously sucks at it.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Just a general non-Rockets related FA thoughts My initial thoughts are how GMs value players like Monte Ellis, JR Smith and Josh Smith with the new CBA.

Monte Ellis has no jump shot. Josh Smith makes some stupid decisions on the court. Like shooting 3 pointers when he obviously sucks at it.

I agree, but the Bucks tried to sign him to a 2 year 24 million extension, which is too much.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JML897
No_Hablo, I know nothing about Thomas Robinson. Does he have Demarcus Cousins-type personality issues or does he just suck really bad? Seems like the Kings and Rockets have both given up on him really quick considering he was the #5 pick and last year was his rookie year.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="JML897"]No_Hablo, I know nothing about Thomas Robinson. Does he have Demarcus Cousins-type personality issues or does he just suck really bad? Seems like the Kings and Rockets have both given up on him really quick considering he was the #5 pick and last year was his rookie year.

He doesn't have anything CLOSE to DeMarcus Cousins personality, and I don't think he sucks either, think he's a case of wrong environment/wrong time. If you don't know his story http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7207167/ncb-kansas-jayhawks-center-thomas-robinson-used-basketball-help-tragedy-espn-magazine He's a really good person in my opinion. The Kings traded him because they wanted Patterson (who was college team mate of Cousins and remains friends), and because they are the kings, they suck, and the owners are cheap. The Rockets are trading him solely for the Cap space in order to chase Dwight. We need about 3.2 million more in order to sign Dwight to his max, and Thomas Robinson just so happens to make 3.5 million. It's easier to trade Robinson (who has value) than it is to trade Donuts and Terrence Jones. Offensively, he is raw. GREAT offensive rebounder, but needs to learn what to do with it. Very athletic. Good hands. He boxes out and runs the floor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_7k2QYT83A Honestly... I wish we could keep him...
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Silverbond

Today's the day Trey Burke becomes a Pelican.

Feels good man

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 No_Hablo_Ingles
July 1st is almost here.... my dream of Dwight being on the Rockets, something I posted over 2 years ago, has a legit chance of coming true!
nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9427945/los-angeles-lakers-not-likely-re-sign-dwight-howard-sources-say

bad news for me.Â