Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

Seems some people made the claim that the sources were verified. A few of us asked who those sources are as they seem to know, and we got deflection as the individual who made the claim suddenly decided to talk about Epstein to deflect. So I will ask again LJS9502_basic. You made the claim the sources were verified, who were they? Or are you engaging in a bad faith argument/trolling?

Just because you aren't told who they were doesn't mean others didn't verify them. Simple concept no?

Again you keep dodging the question... we are going to ask again, who are these sources? Better yet, where is the actual evidence (not hearsay and he said she said)?

THIS JUST IN: Joe Biden says all veterans are losers... this was confirmed by 8 anonymous sources who will not be named. Also, there is no physical evidence of this happening but it happened nonetheless.

The reality is, Trump has treated veterans better than any president since Reagan. I suggest you actually learn what Trump has done for veterans because clearly you are not familar with the subject:

https://trumprack.com/blogs/news/what-has-trump-done-for-veterans#:~:text=Veterans%20For%20Trump%3A%20What%20Has%20Trump%20Done%20For,5%20Visit%20the%20gravesite%20of%20a%20Veteran.%20

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178872 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu: Other journalists have investigated this and they all come back with the same story. The sources are good. Also have you noticed not one military person that was in trump's orbit refuted this.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: source is probably Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer or better yet Mitt Romney 😆

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mighty-lu-bu: Other journalists have investigated this and they all come back with the same story. The sources are good. Also have you noticed not one military person that was in trump's orbit refuted this.

That is a flat out lie:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/atlantic-owner-is-biden-megadonor-close-to-storys-author-sixth-witness-trump-opponent-disputes-story

https://www.dailywire.com/news/10-witnesses-go-on-the-record-stating-atlantic-report-on-trump-denigrating-troops-is-a-lie-2

https://www.foxnews.com/media/atlantic-story-trump-dead-soldiers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8703505/VA-Secretary-joins-dozens-blasting-article-claimed-Trump-called-dead-soldiers-losers.html

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 LJS9502_basic  Online

@mighty-lu-bu: Fox News found corroboration. Your sources suck by the way. Opinion sites should never be used for facts.

stevejones1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156 stevejones1981
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

I wouldn't agree that he used such words. If it's true, would like to know what he really means by saying this.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#157  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Other journalists saying the same thing is not a source. Understand what "source" means. It means the person who actually witnessed what is being alleged. One reporter saying they heard someone say they heard something, and another saying "mmhmm, mmhmm, i heard him say he heard it too" isn't corroborating evidence, it's third party. Admit it, you have no verified sources for any of it. You fell for another fake news smear campaign because you desperately wanted the information to be true.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Other journalists saying the same thing is not a source. Understand what "source" means. It means the person who actually witnessed what is being alleged. One reporter saying they heard someone say they heard something, and another saying "mmhmm, mmhmm, i heard him say he heard it too" isn't corroborating evidence, it's third party. Admit it, you have no verified sources for any of it. You fell for another fake news smear campaign because you desperately wanted the information to be true.

Understand what investigated means. They all did their own research after the article came up. Unless you believe in vast conspiracy theories involving both sides of the political spectrum. Which is illogical to me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LJS9502_basic  Online

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: source is probably Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer or better yet Mitt Romney 😆

I doubt any of the three of them are in trump's entourage which these comments clearly show to be the case. Also I don't see any of his military entourage coming to his aid which speaks volumes really.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Understand what investigated means. They all did their own research after the article came up. Unless you believe in vast conspiracy theories involving both sides of the political spectrum. Which is illogical to me.

Okay, then again, who is the source? Who is the individual who heard this, and said so to these reporters? Because the reporters themselves claiming they heard someone say they heard it, again, is not a source. Most intelligent people do not take baseless allegations seriously and just because someone works from a paper, doesn't instantly make them credible. Where's the proof anyone said anything? You're going by the word, and only the word, of reporters who don't have a whole hell of a lot of credibility to start out with.

You have no sources, no proof. It's another smear story published by the media.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Okay, then again, who is the source? Who is the individual who heard this, and said so to these reporters? Because the reporters themselves claiming they heard someone say they heard it, again, is not a source. Most intelligent people do not take baseless allegations seriously and just because someone works from a paper, doesn't instantly make them credible. Where's the proof anyone said anything? You're going by the word, and only the word, of reporters who don't have a whole hell of a lot of credibility to start out with.

The journalists on both sides have sources....which they call impeccable. Just because they don't tell you doesn't mean it's not real. You have heard some of his comment anyway since he said them live. You also ignored the rest of my comment.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

The journalists on both sides have sources....which they call impeccable. Just because they don't tell you doesn't mean it's not real. You have heard some of his comment anyway since he said them live. You also ignored the rest of my comment.

No, one side has sources. Named sources that have been publicly named. The other side fabricated sources to run a smear story in an election year as they've done every election year for as long as I can remember. So unless you can NAME SOURCES to counter the named sources of those saying it's a lie, you got nothing but a wish.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@jeezers said:

But these are trusted and accurate journalists, even from FOX.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No, one side has sources. Named sources that have been publicly named. The other side fabricated sources to run a smear story in an election year as they've done every election year for as long as I can remember. So unless you can NAME SOURCES to counter the named sources of those saying it's a lie, you got nothing but a wish.

You're making up conspiracy theories now. And as I said....both sides of the political spectrum. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck.........it's a duck.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You're making up conspiracy theories now. And as I said....both sides of the political spectrum. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck.........it's a duck.

Without sources, running such a piece of information is a smear. There used to be a time where if you went to the media and made such outlandish claims, they'd ask for evidence, and if you failed to provide any, they'd laugh in your face before kicking you out on your ass. So unless you can name those sources you claim were verified, you have no argument, and if you have no argument, there is no discussion. You can continue to believe in your fairy tales and conspiracy theories that Trump said anything you'd like to imagine he said, but it means squat without any actual sources, or proof.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Without sources, running such a piece of information is a smear. There used to be a time where if you went to the media and made such outlandish claims, they'd ask for evidence, and if you failed to provide any, they'd laugh in your face before kicking you out on your ass. So unless you can name those sources you claim were verified, you have no argument, and if you have no argument, there is no discussion. You can continue to believe in your fairy tales and conspiracy theories that Trump said anything you'd like to imagine he said, but it means squat without any actual sources, or proof.

Not true at all. Not naming sources has been a thing since forever. Stop being dishonest

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not true at all. Not naming sources has been a thing since forever. Stop being dishonest

But you told me the sources have been confirmed and verified. So again, who are they? Or did you lie about that?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

But you told me the sources have been confirmed and verified. So again, who are they? Or did you lie about that?

They have been verified by other journalists ON BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM. Not sure why you can't understand that.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 jeezers

@eoten: I agree they have no standards anymore. Why cant they be transparent about the shit.

If I'm going to take this seriously I want to know who the source is and what the context was.

If you want to convince me just show me the sauce. Until that happens this is all lala land bullshit.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By jeezers

@LJS9502_basic: Yeah but why so secretive just let it out if its true. You gotta see this for what it is an accusation without proof, not even a damn name of whos saying it lol how can you take that seriously...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 LJS9502_basic  Online

@jeezers said:

@LJS9502_basic: Yeah but why so secretive just let it out if its true. You gotta see this for what it is an accusation without proof, not even a damn name of whos saying it lol how can you take that seriously...

This isn't a new thing in journalism dude.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#172 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

@mighty-lu-bu: Stop shilling for Trump. Could you provide a real source, that one is hot garbage.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#173  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58498 Posts

@jeezers said:

@eoten: I agree they have no standards anymore. Why cant they be transparent about the shit.

If I'm going to take this seriously I want to know who the source is and what the context was.

If you want to convince me just show me the sauce. Until that happens this is all lala land bullshit.

@jeezers said:

Likely because Trump is extremely litigious.

Let's do an example:

Let's say you work at a waste disposal plant that handles toxic waste. One day you find out that a shipment went missing and it turns out the company you worked for has been dumping shit out in the river for a long time. Now, normally you'd be like "**** this, I'm going to the cops/media/etc" but your boss loves to sue the shit out of people, and he often wins or at best prolongs the lawsuit for so long he forces the other side to bankruptcy.

So you could let people know, but you and your family would be ruined, and it would not have the same impact because you'd just be another guy trying to smear this dude's "good name".

What to do....what to do.

Well, you could remain anonymous. Continue to work there, build evidence, and supply it to a non-partisan outlet like the media; after all, the media is often referred to as the "fourth estate". Ultimately enough evidence would be compiled that your boss and company would be held liable, and there is little to nothing he could do to retalliate against you.

This is why people are "secretive", or as I like to call it "Cautious".

-------------

OK, back to the real world: here you have Trump, with a line of people he has sued that could stretch to the moon and back. He has an army of lawyers, not to mention the entire US government at his behest, and you're supposed to, what? Give out your name and expect everything to go well?

"Hi, my name is Jeezer, and I'd like to tell you [the media] that Trump did something terrible"

Well no shit he has done something terrible. Got evidence? Yes? How much? Oh, not enough? Well too bad, you're name is in the paper and now you're fired and you will soon owe Trump a few million dollars that you don't have.

---------------

This is how whistleblowing works, because despite attempts at protection, it is simply not safe for whistleblowers, so these people need to protect themselves by remaining anonymous.

But let's simplify it: all things being equal, what is more likely: that all these reports are just a smear job fabricated by the media, or hundreds of veteran politicians, clerks, staff, cabinet members, and all manner of respected and experienced people are actually worried about the country they serve and want to do the right thing by alerting the public to it?

Likely the latter.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They have been verified by other journalists ON BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM. Not sure why you can't understand that.

You have a few journalists say they heard someone say it. These are not sources. Also, they've said they heard someone say they heard it, none of them heard it themselves. This is not verifying anything, not even remotely. Nobody has been verified, and nothing has been confirmed.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

This has been verified by multiple sources and is a fact. Why does it bother trump supporters anyway? He has said far worse.

No one is surprised by this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You have a few journalists say they heard someone say it. These are not sources. Also, they've said they heard someone say they heard it, none of them heard it themselves. This is not verifying anything, not even remotely. Nobody has been verified, and nothing has been confirmed.

I never called journalists sources.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

@zaryia said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@comp_atkins said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:

This is 100% fake news. Does anyone have the video of him saying this? That would be a no because there is no such video because it doesn't exist.

Look at the first couple of sentences in this Vox article: "Four reputable news outlets, all citing anonymous sources, report President Donald Trump disparaged US troops, veterans, and missing service members, with several outlets reporting he has called military members “losers.” Yet the president, along with current and former staff on the record, continues to dispute those stories."

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/4/21422733/atlantic-trump-military-suckers-losers-explained

Trump has denied these allegations so unless someone has a video, we can say this is BS.

Trump has done a lot for our veterans and as a veteran I salute him:

https://trumprack.com/blogs/news/what-has-trump-done-for-veterans#:~:text=Veterans%20For%20Trump%3A%20What%20Has%20Trump%20Done%20For,5%20Visit%20the%20gravesite%20of%20a%20Veteran.%20

hmmm an known liar surrounded by known liars denies something and we're all just supposed to believe him.

how many times can you cry wolf, or in his case, fake news? 100? 500? 5000? where is the edge?

Fake news strikes again!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/10-witnesses-go-on-the-record-stating-atlantic-report-on-trump-denigrating-troops-is-a-lie-2/

Are you talking about your own link?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-daily-wire/

Anyway, a lot of those are extreme Trumpers except maybe Bolton.

trumpers be like

it's all lies! it's all lies!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Still no evidence.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Eoten

@mighty-lu-bu said:

Still no evidence.

And there never will be. But get ready for this sub section of the forums to get flooded with a lot more baseless accusations someone heard in the media and runs in here to post without any kind of evidence to back it up. And we'll be back to talking in circles, yet again.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17692 Posts

Never understood why people are gullible and naive enough to believe Trump innocent.

You’d get the impression those ITT believe him to be of upstanding character. Is that what you Trumpettes believe and are basing your defense on? Just going to ignore his disrespectful comments towards previous veterans? His “winner/loser” philosophy he’s revolved his entire life around? His outright and unashamed contempt for so many? His continued attacks? What reason is there to believe he would NOT say such a thing given his past behavior and personality?

If Trump were actually a decent, respectful person I’d have a lot harder time swallowing this and would be on his side. As it stands, I believe he’s probably said MUCH worse things than what these accusations claim. But this whole “provide the sources, then I’ll believe” nonsense his defenders ITT are pushing is highly amusing. Don’t kid yourself guys, if the sources were identified, you’d immediately move on to character assassination and partisan bickering to pull them into disrepute so you could go on believing what you must to be able to sleep better at night. Nothing would convince you unless he were caught on tape, and then you’d go on jumping through hoops trying to justify some more “locker room talk”.

There’s no winning with you people when you need to lay in the bed you made and rationalize such a scumbag to assuage your moral compunctions in order to continue to stand behind the one who serves you politically. That’s an impossible nut to crack.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

professional liars are all saying this story is made up.

we need to believe them.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 tenaka2

Confirmed by Fox news, which is essentially state news.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Eoten

Actually, hasn't been confirmed by anyone, and even the guy who published the paper has had to back track and say the official story that the flight was canceled due to weather was true, after he made the claim it was canceled because he thought dead soldiers were losers. Oops, y'all fell for fake news yet again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@eoten said:

Actually, hasn't been confirmed by anyone, and even the guy who published the paper has had to back track and say the official story that the flight was canceled due to weather was true, after he made the claim it was canceled because he thought dead soldiers were losers. Oops, y'all fell for fake news yet again.

I love how the left is like "oh we got him now!" and it always turns out to be a nothingburger- shows how smart they are.

This is just like Russian collusion which the Democrats made up.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 mrbojangles25

@mighty-lu-bu said:
@eoten said:

I love how the left is like "oh we got him now!" and it always turns out to be a nothingburger- shows how smart they are.

It will certainly be interesting to see who was right and wrong in 10-20 years when people start talking and material is released.

I imagine it will be a little of both.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Eoten

@mrbojangles25 said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@eoten said:

It will certainly be interesting to see who was right and wrong in 10-20 years when people start talking and material is released.

There is no material. The guy who wrote the article was on TV downplaying it all. It was bullshit, just like the claims Trump told voters to vote twice, or the claim he was calling hispanics animals and rapists, or the Russia collusion bullcrap. Why would you still get your news from sources that are not only wrong about so much, but know they are before they even publish most the stories that they do? Especially when they go the extra step to edit and cut videos to make them sound a lot worse.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 LJS9502_basic  Online

@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

There is no material. The guy who wrote the article was on TV downplaying it all. It was bullshit, just like the claims Trump told voters to vote twice, or the claim he was calling hispanics animals and rapists, or the Russia collusion bullcrap. Why would you still get your news from sources that are not only wrong about so much, but know they are before they even publish most the stories that they do? Especially when they go the extra step to edit and cut videos to make them sound a lot worse.

Seems you don't facts. Therefore, it's foolish to engage in conversations with you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 mrbojangles25

@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@eoten said:

As I said, we shall see.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 tenaka2

@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mighty-lu-bu said:
@eoten said:

I heard it from fox news.