Republicans in TX pass 10 commandments in school bill.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts
@silentchief said:

Yes I did and I didnt attack the authors for being a part of a minority group I attacked them for being activist. Even Zaryia conceded on that study. They were not an unbiased source.

The legislation they try to pass says otherwise. If you want to go around calling " real women" cis women than have at it.

These are not immeasurable things I'm listing. They didn't eliminate all variables. For an example are they analyzing body cam footage during traffic stops? Are they analyzing the criminal records of the suspects? These studies were not consistent with this data. I would like real solutions to the problems as opposed to to just blaming everything on the lazy excuse of racism.

Male=Man Female =Women . You can dance around that immeasurable fact all you want. If your argument is one can unnaturally jack themselves up with hormones to change their bone structure to appeal more masculine or feminine I'm not sure how that helps your argument.

Yes the studies analyzed and factored in these studies. Still show that people of certain races are disproportionally targeted.

Read the Merriam Webbster again. And you will see that nothing you said contradicts trans women being women and trans men being men. Either way, the core of our disagreement is that I say that what defines a man or woman is based on gender while you seem to imply it is based on sex. Unfortunately for you. Both the dictionary and medical literature use gender, when defining man or woman.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#302 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6967 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:

Yes I did and I didnt attack the authors for being a part of a minority group I attacked them for being activist. Even Zaryia conceded on that study. They were not an unbiased source.

The legislation they try to pass says otherwise. If you want to go around calling " real women" cis women than have at it.

These are not immeasurable things I'm listing. They didn't eliminate all variables. For an example are they analyzing body cam footage during traffic stops? Are they analyzing the criminal records of the suspects? These studies were not consistent with this data. I would like real solutions to the problems as opposed to to just blaming everything on the lazy excuse of racism.

Male=Man Female =Women . You can dance around that immeasurable fact all you want. If your argument is one can unnaturally jack themselves up with hormones to change their bone structure to appeal more masculine or feminine I'm not sure how that helps your argument.

Yes the studies analyzed and factored in these studies. Still show that people of certain races are disproportionally targeted.

Read the Merriam Webbster again. And you will see that nothing you said contradicts trans women being women and trans men being men. Either way, the core of our disagreement is that I say that what defines a man or woman is based on gender while you seem to imply it is based on sex. Unfortunately for you. Both the dictionary and medical literature use gender, when defining man or woman.

I still don't see evidence that it's racism. Targeting areas that are a predominant race are often because those areas have higher crime.

I'm simply acknowledging the correlation between gender and sex while you seem to completely ignore it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

How are minorities at a disadvantage when they have one side doing it in their favor?

Huh? Prove that the areas where racial gerrymandering is taking place that Democrats completely extinguished it's effects by doing the opposite. Totally nullifying it in the same county so that racial gerrymandering didn't have effects? Give me a link that directly shows this.

Just for you I'll remove the one study that used hyperbole in it's introduction which you took personal issue with.

• Systemic racism: individuals and interactions, institutions and society | Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications | Full Text (springeropen.com)
  • Studies find evidence of systemic racial discrimination across multiple domains in the United States – Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies
  • Systemic Racism in Police Killings: New Evidence From the Mapping Police Violence Database, 2013–2021 - Reed T. DeAngelis, 2021 (sagepub.com)
  • Diagnosing and Treating Systemic Racism | NEJM
  • Marijuana’s racist history shows the need for comprehensive drug reform (brookings.edu)
  • Systemic-Racism-and-SUDs.pdf (marylandmacs.org)
  • The boundaries of confusion: Gerrymandering and racial disparities in state House and congressional district line congruity - Niven - 2022 - Social Science Quarterly - Wiley Online Library
  • The impact of racism on the future health of adults: protocol for a prospective cohort study | BMC Public Health | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)
  • How Structural Racism Works — Racist Policies as a Root Cause of U.S. Racial Health Inequities | NEJM
  • Addressing bias and knowledge gaps regarding race and ethnicity in neonatology manuscript review | Journal of Perinatology (nature.com)
  • Structural integrity: Recognizing, measuring, and addressing systemic racism and its health impacts - eClinicalMedicine (thelancet.com)
  • OSF Preprints | Systemic racial disparities in funding rates at the National Science Foundation
  • Race and Redistricting | Annual Review of Political Science (annualreviews.org)
  • Racial and Economic Foundations of Municipal Redistricting | Social Problems | Oxford Academic (oup.com)
  • Systemic And Structural Racism: Definitions, Examples, Health Damages, And Approaches To Dismantling | Health Affairs

The above shows you are objectively wrong. Without a shadow of a doubt. Racial Gerrymandering is real, as are other forms of Systemic Racism.

It's real. Just like climate change, covid, evolution vaccines, etc. What even is this.

No refutation of the 15 studies directly showing my claim is 100% correct? I gave you a week....

You're accepting the loss of this "debate", correct?

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@zaryia said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

How are minorities at a disadvantage when they have one side doing it in their favor?

Huh? Prove that the areas where racial gerrymandering is taking place that Democrats completely extinguished it's effects by doing the opposite. Totally nullifying it in the same county so that racial gerrymandering didn't have effects? Give me a link that directly shows this.

Just for you I'll remove the one study that used hyperbole in it's introduction which you took personal issue with.

• Systemic racism: individuals and interactions, institutions and society | Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications | Full Text (springeropen.com)
  • Studies find evidence of systemic racial discrimination across multiple domains in the United States – Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies
  • Systemic Racism in Police Killings: New Evidence From the Mapping Police Violence Database, 2013–2021 - Reed T. DeAngelis, 2021 (sagepub.com)
  • Marijuana’s racist history shows the need for comprehensive drug reform (brookings.edu)
  • The boundaries of confusion: Gerrymandering and racial disparities in state House and congressional district line congruity - Niven - 2022 - Social Science Quarterly - Wiley Online Library
  • The impact of racism on the future health of adults: protocol for a prospective cohort study | BMC Public Health | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)
  • How Structural Racism Works — Racist Policies as a Root Cause of U.S. Racial Health Inequities | NEJM
  • Addressing bias and knowledge gaps regarding race and ethnicity in neonatology manuscript review | Journal of Perinatology (nature.com)
  • Structural integrity: Recognizing, measuring, and addressing systemic racism and its health impacts - eClinicalMedicine (thelancet.com)
  • OSF Preprints | Systemic racial disparities in funding rates at the National Science Foundation
  • Race and Redistricting | Annual Review of Political Science (annualreviews.org)
  • Racial and Economic Foundations of Municipal Redistricting | Social Problems | Oxford Academic (oup.com)
  • Systemic And Structural Racism: Definitions, Examples, Health Damages, And Approaches To Dismantling | Health Affairs

The above shows you are objectively wrong. Without a shadow of a doubt. Racial Gerrymandering is real, as are other forms of Systemic Racism.

It's real. Just like climate change, covid, evolution vaccines, etc. What even is this.

No refutation of the 15 studies directly showing my claim is 100% correct? I gave you a week....

He/she/they will continue to ignore everything as long as it suits their purpose.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Not at all. Racial Gerrymandering doesn't give proof of systemic Racism. Especially when one party does it exclusively in their favor. This isn't a valid argument in 2023.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Not at all. Racial Gerrymandering doesn't give proof of systemic Racism. Especially when one party does it exclusively in their favor. This isn't a valid argument in 2023.

Gerrymandering is literally systemic. You hilariously defeated your own argument

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Racial Gerrymandering doesn't give proof of systemic Racism.

Meanwhile on planet Earth (which is round, by the way):

Systemic And Structural Racism: Definitions, Examples, Health Damages, And Approaches To Dismantling | Health Affairs

Examples Of Structural And Systemic Racism

Political Disempowerment

Political disenfranchisement and disempowerment through voter suppression and gerrymandering are an important historical and contemporary manifestation of systemic racism. The legal right for all men to vote was secured in 1870. During the nearly 100-year era of Jim Crow laws, however, voter suppression of Black people was maintained in many states through violent intimidation and selectively applied laws. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not eliminate requirements that continue to differentially affect people of color. Even in 2021 many states recently passed or were considering legislation disproportionately restricting the voting rights of people of color,15 including by gerrymandering, the deliberate redrawing of electoral district boundaries to favor the political party in power. Gerrymandering makes some people’s votes count less than others’ do, depriving them of full representation.16

[And before you try any Trumpian stunts with the above source,

Health Affairs Journal - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)]

Not sure how many Ls one person can take in one thread.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Silentchief

@InEMplease said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Gerrymandering is literally systemic. You hilariously defeated your own argument

Systemic racism implies that an institution puts certain races at a disadvantage. Considering Democrats actively do the same thing( against whites) that kinda kills your argument 🤣.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Zaryia

@silentchief said:
@InEMplease said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@zaryia said:

Systemic racism implies that an institution puts certain races at a disadvantage.

Meanwhile on planet Earth (which is round, by the way):

Systemic And Structural Racism: Definitions, Examples, Health Damages, And Approaches To Dismantling | Health Affairs

Examples Of Structural And Systemic Racism

Political Disempowerment

Political disenfranchisement and disempowerment through voter suppression and gerrymandering are an important historical and contemporary manifestation of systemic racism. The legal right for all men to vote was secured in 1870. During the nearly 100-year era of Jim Crow laws, however, voter suppression of Black people was maintained in many states through violent intimidation and selectively applied laws. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not eliminate requirements that continue to differentially affect people of color. Even in 2021 many states recently passed or were considering legislation disproportionately restricting the voting rights of people of color,15 including by gerrymandering, the deliberate redrawing of electoral district boundaries to favor the political party in power. Gerrymandering makes some people’s votes count less than others’ do, depriving them of full representation.16

[And before you try any Trumpian stunts with the above source,

Health Affairs Journal - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)]

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia:

How many can you take?

Something that has little impact doesn't create voter suppression.

As of now, anyway, neither party enjoys a significant aggregate advantage in either districting or geographical efficiency of voter distribution.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

How many can you take?

Nice blog (lol).

Here is a non-blog from your same exact source's main site,

As many Republican officials continue to spread lies about the last election, they are working in state legislatures across the country to create the conditions that will allow them to suppress enough votes to win future elections. Just as President Trumptargeted voters in majority-Black cities such as Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia, these state lawmakers are taking their cues from the old white supremacy playbook, which teaches :If you can’t win fair and square, then suppress the vote.

It is time to stop the real steal. We need new federal legislation that will defend voting rights against the encroachment of unscrupulous lawmakers. And we also need the Supreme Court to do its job in vindicating minority rights against the tyranny of white supremacy and systemic racism.

Georgia’s voter suppression bill is an assault on our democracy (brookings.edu)

🤣😂

Thanks for the ammo, I'll be sure to add it to the library:

@silentchief said:.

As of now, anyway, neither party enjoys a significant aggregate advantage in either districting or geographical efficiency of voter distribution.

Fighting the effects of racial gerrymandering by altering maps in completely different States doesn't undo racial gerrymandering that's taking/took place in completely different counties.....it just helps counter-act it nationally.

That blogger doesn't even make your claim. He never says there is no racial gerrymandering. He even notes Democrats had to fight the GOP's bullshit for it to become close.

P.S. Racial gerrymandering is Systemic Racism and real. Cry about it Flat Earther.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts

@zaryia: It’s amazing to me how no amount of fact ever even phases a right winger.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Zaryia
@tjandmia said:

@zaryia: It’s amazing to me how no amount of fact ever even phases a right winger.

It's come to the point where they will accidentally link sites that completely delete their entire existence out of the thread.

Georgia’s voter suppression bill is an assault on our democracy (brookings.edu)

Setting the record straight on Black voter turnout (brookings.edu)

His own source lmao.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By tjandmia

@zaryia: I have s a guy i went to school with on FB telling me that the Republican Party is the only one trying to ban gun sales to the mentally ill.

As clearly demonstrated by your interactions here, it is clear that these people do not operate in reality. 🤦‍♂️

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Zaryia
@tjandmia said:

@zaryia: I have s a guy i went to school with on FB telling me that the Republican Party is the only one trying to ban gun sales to the mentally ill.

As clearly demonstrated by your interactions here, it is clear that these people do not operate in reality. 🤦‍♂️

Yup, facts no longer matter. It's just a cult now.

As for this thread topic, what the fucking shit? LMAO!:

Texas plan to put chaplains in public schools is latest move to inject Christianity (dallasnews.com)

“This is certainly moving towards a preferred faith in Texas, which is something that is deeply concerning,” said Joshua Houston, advocacy director for the interfaith group Texas Impact.

On Tuesday, the House gave final approval to a bill that would allow chaplains without state certification to work inside schools.

Rep. Cole Hefner, R-Mount Pleasant, said the plan is about giving school districts “every tool that we can in the toolbox” to combat mental health problems and other crises. He conceded that districts could eventually replace all counselors with chaplains, and rejected Democrats’ amendments to require parental consent and that schools provide a representative of any denomination if requested by a student, teacher or parent.

Rep. Gene Wu, a Houston Democrat, attempted to bar schools from using public funds to pay the chaplains.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 tjandmia

@zaryia: This is what fascism really looks like. 😳