Kavanaugh Confirmed to be the next supreme court Justice by 50 - 48 - Democrats now begin impeachment

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Well, this sure has been a special day so far and we are not even past dinner yet.

Republican Sen. Susan Collins announced she will vote for Brett Kavanaugh, essentially ensuring that the controversial Supreme Court nominee has enough support to be confirmed when a final vote takes place Saturday.

Collins' announcement in a lengthy floor speech came after Kavanaugh survived, 51-49, a dramatic procedural vote that could have effectively killed his nomination after sexual assault allegations were made against him.Collins and Flake, along with Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, voted to advance the nomination. The final vote is expected Saturday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/05/politics/kavanaugh-nomination-vote-friday/index.html

And what a speech by Collins eviscerating the hack Avanbum´s failure to destroy a mans life because of his own political ambitions.

EDIT: So congrats to KAvanaugh, the democrats did not have luck in destroying him.

But this circus continues after the mid-terms so stay tuned.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#2 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Republicans, the party of rape.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Democrats, the party of censorship, ms-s13, big government, high taxes, and open borders.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@needhealing: Hollywood exec's who are all liberal would like to have a word with you.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

He'll likely get confirmed.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

So you're going to have an erratic, partisan, conspiracy theorist supreme court justice with a shady past. Congratulations.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeezers

@mandzilla: lol your delusional, I can tell you have bought into the liberal agenda that kav is Satan reincarnated.

Don't worry he's not a gang rapist, democrats are just desperate. He wasn't partisan he sure is now after the way the democrats have tried to slander him. Good luck getting him on your good side now if you need to pass something , dems played themselves lol

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

@needhealing said:

Seconded

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HoolaHoopMan

@jeezers said:

He wasn't partisan he sure is now after the way the democrats have tried to slander him. Good luck getting him on your good side now if you need to pass something.

If this isn't an admission that he shouldn't be on the SC, then I don't know what is.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Needhealing

@jeezers said:

Democrats, the party of censorship, ms-s13, big government, high taxes, and open borders.

Rather that than rapists, sexist, homophobic, racists and xenophobes.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeezers

@HoolaHoopMan: would you help someone who tried to destroy your reputation by accusing you of being a gang rapist? Would anybody?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@needhealing said:

Seconded

Juanita says hello.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HoolaHoopMan

@jeezers said:

@HoolaHoopMan: would you help someone who tried to destroy your reputation by accusing you of being a gang rapist? Would anybody?

His job isn't to 'help' either side. The SC, and the judiciary, is supposed to be a neutral party which isn't tied to party mentality.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jeezers

@needhealing: rapists, sexist, homophobic, racists and xenophobes

That's what democrats call everyone with different opinions.

Democrats are the victim party, always angry and sad, always blaming the system for thier personal failures. Where personal responsibility is non existent and nothing is earned off merit. We should build a communist island and put all the dems on it to live out the rest of their pathetic lives.

They can even put sex changes on all of their children on the island and marry their family pet. It will be like a liberal resort.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jeezers

@HoolaHoopMan: you diddnt answer, would you be cool with people accusing you of gang rape? So You would be neutral in helping the people slandering you? It would actually be weird to me if he wasn't partisan after they have drug his name through this bottom of the barrel dirty political circus.

Its like punching someone's wife and then asking the guy to help fix your car.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HoolaHoopMan

@jeezers said:

@HoolaHoopMan: you diddnt answer, would you be cool with people accusing you of gang rape? So You would be neutral in helping the people slandering you? It would actually be weird to me if he wasn't partisan after they have drug his name through this bottom of the barrel dirty political circus.

If he's worthy of being on the SC he should able to weather the storm and compose himself. There are plenty of people to pick from that not only don't have the baggage like Kav does, but they would most certainly conduct themselves in a better manner in this same scenario.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@jeezers said:

If he's worthy of being on the SC he should able to weather the storm and compose himself. There are plenty of people to pick from that not only don't have the baggage like Kav does, but they would most certainly conduct themselves in a better manner in this same scenario.

And if he had been composed and cool as ice, you guys would have said this is not how an innocent man reacts to being falsely accused.

Sure, the Trump approach with fury was not the best but it´s funny that you guys and even the law professors forget that he has spent over a decade on the second highest court where he passed through a hearing with ease, have a glowing recommendation from the ABA and every one he worked with.

One mistake does not make him unfit.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HoolaHoopMan

@Jacanuk said:

And if he had been composed and cool as ice, you guys would have said this is not how an innocent man reacts to being falsely accused.

I would wager not. He certainly didn't do himself any good by losing composure.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeezers

@HoolaHoopMan: I respected it, if I was being lied about like that I would go off and sue for slander, if he just sat thier emotionless I would have questioned his innocence. After his response I actually believe him.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jeezers

Even Stevie wonder can see this isn't about helping ford, its about delaying and obstructing the confirmation vote. Republicans delayed with Obama as well, but at least they doesn't use fake rape accusations, that's a new low.

If this works against kav, expect it to happen to dems and repubs in the future. False allegations with 0 evidence will be the norm to kick people out of running.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HoolaHoopMan

@jeezers said:

@HoolaHoopMan: I respected it, if I was being lied about like that I would go off and sue for slander, if he just sat thier emotionless I would have questioned his innocence. After his response I actually believe him.

That's where I disagree. I would have seen it as someone being cool under pressure. Not cracking and exposing underlying bias. In all honesty, the biggest gripe I had was his response and lack of control. I don't think that mere accusations should necessarily hold up his confirmation. It would be reasonable to hold a vote and have an ongoing investigation after the fact and let due process play itself out.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50567 Posts
@needhealing said:

So dumb.

That being said, no I won't be watching. I'll be playing football and watching college ball!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50567 Posts
@jeezers said:

Democrats are the victim party, always angry and sad, always blaming the system for thier personal failures. Where personal responsibility is non existent and nothing is earned off merit. We should build a communist island and put all the dems on it to live out the rest of their pathetic lives.

They can even put sex changes on all of their children on the island and marry their family pet. It will be like a liberal resort.

This x100. Seriously. Although, both parties piss me off in different ways.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

That's too bad if he wins. Most Americans lean left on many of the major topics that the SCOTUS might look into.

I would have liked someone in the dead center.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@jeezers said:

@mandzilla: lol your delusional, I can tell you have bought into the liberal agenda that kav is Satan reincarnated.

Don't worry he's not a gang rapist, democrats are just desperate. He wasn't partisan he sure is now after the way the democrats have tried to slander him. Good luck getting him on your good side now if you need to pass something , dems played themselves lol

I didn't say he was Satan reincarnated. Simply that at this point he doesn't seem to possess the qualities to be an impartial supreme court justice.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@needhealing said:
@jeezers said:

Rather that than rapists, sexist, homophobic, racists and xenophobes.

Look in a mirror if you have one.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@jeezers said:

Well, Republican ran states would make them appear to be the party of obesity, low education, lower income, lower gdp, using far more federal aid on assistance programs, etc.

They all have their flaws.

(P.S. Do you have data on which side has passed more censorship laws ?)

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Needhealing
@Chutebox said:
@jeezers said:

This x100. Seriously. Although, both parties piss me off in different ways.

Honestly, I'm not as PC as other dems. I don't give a damn. I call republicans as they are. Most dems are too nice wherass republicans are the party of rape. I don't care. I call them as they depressive to be called.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Needhealing

@jeezers said:

^ Republicans the party of homophobics and of course, rapists.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Needhealing

Wtf I just got flagged. Honestly who's the snowflake, JimB or Chutebox?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JimB

@needhealing said:

I said what I had to say publicly. I been flagged before and have had vile emails from posters who immediately deleted their accounts. Your posts lately are inflammatory and false while ignoring the actions of the Democrat party.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@JimB said:
@needhealing said:

I said what I had to say publicly. I been flagged before and have had vile emails from posters who immediately deleate3d their accounts. Your posts lately are inflammatory and false while ignoring the actions of the Democrat party.

Why are you ignoring the actions of the Republican party Jim?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@needhealing said:

I said what I had to say publicly. I been flagged before and have had vile emails from posters who immediately deleate3d their accounts. Your posts lately are inflammatory and false while ignoring the actions of the Democrat party.

What actions?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@needhealing said:

What actions?

Ah I see. You don't pay any attention to politics and just vote R. That explains the majority of the trump base.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@needhealing said:

What actions?

Ah I see. You don't pay any attention to politics and just vote R. That explains the majority of the trump base.

I play close attention. Just what action are you referring?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Sure, the Trump approach with fury was not the best but it´s funny that you guys and even the law professors forget that he has spent over a decade on the second highest court where he passed through a hearing with ease, have a glowing recommendation from the ABA and every one he worked with.

Surely you are not suggesting his anger was a mistake. He stood up and pushed back against what he called false allegations and surprise, the democrats took offense. This man gets emotional (as a citizen rather than in his job) and all hell breaks loose. As you said, whatever he did would have been wrong according to the left. A few years ago I recall the most powerful man in the world crying (crocodile tears maybe) as he was speaking to us and it just showed he was human, had a heart, could relate, etc...,

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#40 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41536 Posts
@jeezers said:

"the party of censorship" - Republicans are just as guilty of this.

"MS-13" - Unverified conspiracy. Now say it was Sinn Fein, a leftist Irish political party with confirmed ties to the IRA, then you'd be on to something.

"big government" - No, we just want SOME regulation.

"high taxes" - Or a realization that a taxation on some things is important to keep the country running.

"open borders" - Not really. We just need to stop the extreme attitude from post 9/11.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Screw Manchin. I hope he loses his re-election bid, even if it does cost us the Senate.

@jeezers said:

We're the victim party? You just had a Supreme Court nominee accuse a potential victim of conducting a hit job, while crying nonetheless, and your president thinks that everyone who says a bad word about him should be forcibly prevented from writing anything, but we're the victim party? You are a total joke, dude, go home.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jacanuk

@Solaryellow said:
@Jacanuk said:

Surely you are not suggesting his anger was a mistake. He stood up and pushed back against what he called false allegations and surprise, the democrats took offense. This man gets emotional (as a citizen rather than in his job) and all hell breaks loose. As you said, whatever he did would have been wrong according to the left. A few years ago I recall the most powerful man in the world crying (crocodile tears maybe) as he was speaking to us and it just showed he was human, had a heart, could relate, etc...,

No, I am saying that how he got his anger across was a mistake, he should never have made this about party politics and mention Clinton or the Democrats, clearly that was coming from Trump and the White House.

There is a lot of ways to come across and I think someone who was burned by the Republicans like Murkowski took offence to that in particular. _

The tears when he mentioned his family was no problem and anyone who say that shows him to be unfit clearly don´t have kids or a family or is blinded by hate.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk:

Or expects professionalism from out judicial branch........not theatrics.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk:

Does professionalism mean you are not human?`

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk:

There is a time and a place for emotion. A job interview is not of them.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk:

Well, that specific hearing was not a job interview, it was a trial in the court of public opinion.

He was there to defend himself against baseless accusations

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jacanuk:

Well, that specific hearing was not a job interview, it was a trial in the court of public opinion.

He was there to defend himself against baseless accusations

He was trying to impress Senators. Not the public. He doesn't give a damn about the public and it was an interview for a job.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Still think this is some sort of elaborate prank.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

This thread went well, just imagine if RBG's health deteriorates.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jacanuk

@Master_Live said:

This thread went well, just imagine if RBG's health deteriorates.

90% chance that if Trump wins re-election that he will fill that spot, and maybe one more with Breyer being 80, even though she has promised everyone that she will stick out until after Trump, So watch out for a collective liberal meltdown if Trump win election and he fills those two spots.