Kavanaugh Confirmed to be the next supreme court Justice by 50 - 48 - Democrats now begin impeachment

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16587 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@blaznwiipspman1: I'm not sure she's lying about it. I'm also not sure she remembers who actually did it

and thats why you're a right winger. you'd rather believe nonsense than believe the most probable explanation.

As for ford, getting assaulted was mainly her fault nobody elses. She decided to go to a drunken frat party with a bunch of sexually frustrated guys around, all trying to get laid. She might have avoided it if she went with a group of friends.

A young woman going to a drunken frat party then getting "assaulted" isn't the same as getting assaulted randomly on the street. In the first case you invited the assault on yourself, and the second you didn't.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50632 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Chutebox said:

@blaznwiipspman1: I'm not sure she's lying about it. I'm also not sure she remembers who actually did it

and thats why you're a right winger. you'd rather believe nonsense than believe the most probable explanation.

As for ford, getting assaulted was mainly her fault nobody elses. She decided to go to a drunken frat party with a bunch of sexually frustrated guys around, all trying to get laid. She might have avoided it if she went with a group of friends.

A young woman going to a drunken frat party then getting "assaulted" isn't the same as getting assaulted randomly on the street. In the first case you invited the assault on yourself, and the second you didn't.

You say that as you ignore that NO ONE claims to know what she's talking about. Glasshouse and all that jazz.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@ad1x2: wow haha, dumbest thing I've heard. Anyone with half a brain could figure out what trump was saying. And no, it wasn't to tell the 2nd ammendment people to go out and "vote". He was riling up his base by suggesting they assassinate Hilary if things came to it. Trump really isn't mentality stable and the fact that he said something like that and got away with it is frankly amazing.

Yeah, a presidential candidate is going to tell his base on live TV to murder his political opponent because he thinks it's going to make him president versus the reality of making Hillary Clinton a martyr that inspires more gun legislation and him going to jail for inciting her assassination...

If that was his intent, why didn't the Obama-controlled Secret Service arrest and charge him, effectively removing him from the race and all but guaranteeing that we would have President Hillary Clinton right now? He had no power at the time outside of the Trump Organization.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@Chutebox said:

You say that as you ignore that NO ONE claims to know what she's talking about. Glasshouse and all that jazz.

The lack of evidence and corroboration should raise questions.

Let me ask you something: Forget what she said (in regards to her allegations) what struck you as odd while she was testifying?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: "Wasn't he just quoting trump? If jac has an issue it should be with man crush."

Right, but it's not, its that I was wrong for quoting Trump, and Trump said nothing wrong and Jac will do mental backflips so he can justify having it both ways.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17680 Posts

*Post moved to correct thread*

At this point, the partisan fervor surrounding this nomination has taken priority over the factual realities of these accusations, and as such, Kavanaugh shouldn't be seated solely due to that. This whole fiasco will accomplish nothing so well as to greatly undermine the credibility of the Supreme Court (largely due to Kavanaugh's partisan rantings) long after Ford and her supporters fade into history. Judges on the Court have echoed similar concern themselves. The damage will remain with Kavanaugh on the bench, and it will hang like a cloud over every ruling that comes henceforth. Not much that I believe Trump cares as he's demeaned the legitimacy of the Judiciary when they oppose him at every opportunity, showing himself and his party to take unashamed precedence over the impartiality of their duties, while now being responsible for their appointments. Someone of such utter and obvious moral bankruptcy and partisan opportunism now being in a position to influence the future "impartial" integrity of the foundation of our democracy should concern all greatly, yet conservatives are so enveloped in their hatred of Democrats that they are blind to this, or simply don't care and cheer their side's victory in their myopia while the core of our democracy is further compromised.

This is an extremely sad and worrying state of affairs for this country, not even to mention that Trump's rot is going to permeate for decades throughout our government long after he's gone.

And this is not even nearly over. In a little over six years remaining, what are the chances that another Justice will retire? Perhaps even two? I'd wager the odds are much more likely than not, leaving yet another seat to be filled by Trump. This is like a waking nightmare. He's not stupid, he's going directly after the Judicial branch with full vehemence. And with that, I believe he's won. What accountability can be held to him or those corrupt that stand by him with the courts stacked in his favor chosen by him? Mark One. It's not a shocker that Trump has appointed one who tends to favor broad interpretations of the extent of Executive power. What can the GOP not get away with in the decades to come, the law becoming further and further subservient to ideology given such leanings and partisan passions present in the current political climate?

It's going to very interesting and telling to watch how SC rulings from this point forward play out. I'll for sure be keeping track and presenting it to his supporters on these boards. Trump desires for the public to distrust our institutions? Well, mission accomplished, Mr. Trump......job well done. The seepage of your complete absence of integrity and moral fortitude has now corrupted the public's trust of the best of our institutions only two years in. God knows how much damage you're going to accomplish in six more.

I hope it's worth it, Trump voters. MAGA, right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Ah victim blaming. How enlightened you are in 2018. She was a 15 year old girl at the time and I doubt she knew how some boys behave when drinking is involved. Also it wasn't a frat party they were high school.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Serraph105

@LJS9502_basic said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Ah victim blaming. How enlightened you are in 2018. She was a 15 year old girl at the time and I doubt she knew how some boys behave when drinking is involved. Also it wasn't a frat party they were high school.

Yeah, people "invite" others to physically/sexually assault them. It's beyond incorrect to think that this is the case.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 blaznwiipspman1

@LJS9502_basic: @Serraph105:

It's a jungle out there, people might think humans are enlightened but that's not true. Our base animal emotions still rule us. A young girl in a revealing dress going to a drunken highschool/college party without a solid group of friends is like a sheep being sent to stay with the wolves. Some common sense would have prevented her assault, and by 15 I knew pretty much all of it. It's also true that her parents should have taught her these things. Maybe they did but she didn't listen who knows.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 blaznwiipspman1

@MirkoS77: great post. Judges of the supreme Court shouldn't have political opinions. They need to be required to have a background in a STEM field preferably research related. They also should not be religious. I would also add in no connections to industry.

As it stands the so called institutions need massive reforms. Hopefully the next democratic president pushes these things through.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Serraph105
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

It's a jungle out there, people might think humans are enlightened but that's not true. Our base animal emotions still rule us. A young girl in a revealing dress going to a drunken highschool/college party without a solid group of friends is like a sheep being sent to stay with the wolves. Some common sense would have prevented her assault, and by 15 I knew pretty much all of it. It's also true that her parents should have taught her these things. Maybe they did but she didn't listen who knows.

Basically your argument boils down to, "She was askin for it, soooo....."

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 LJS9502_basic

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Yeah Neanderthal's were more enlightened. Stop victim blaming.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Chutebox said:

aaaaand there it is.

classy to the last.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#165 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

At this point, the partisan fervor surrounding this nomination has taken priority over the factual realities of these accusations, and as such, Kavanaugh shouldn't be seated solely due to that. This whole fiasco will accomplish nothing so well as to greatly undermine the credibility of the Supreme Court (largely due to Kavanaugh's partisan rantings) long after Ford and her supporters fade into history. Judges on the Court have echoed similar concern themselves. The damage will remain with Kavanaugh on the bench, and it will hang like a cloud over every ruling that comes henceforth. Not much that I believe Trump cares as he's demeaned the legitimacy of the Judiciary when they oppose him at every opportunity, showing himself and his party to take unashamed precedence over the impartiality of their duties, while now being responsible for their appointments. Someone of such utter and obvious moral bankruptcy and partisan opportunism now being in a position to influence the future "impartial" integrity of the foundation of our democracy should concern all greatly, yet conservatives are so enveloped in their hatred of Democrats that they are blind to this, or simply don't care and cheer their side's victory in their myopia while the core of our democracy is further compromised.

This is an extremely sad and worrying state of affairs for this country, not even to mention that Trump's rot is going to permeate for decades throughout our government long after he's gone.

And this is not even nearly over. In a little over six years remaining, what are the chances that another Justice will retire? Perhaps even two? I'd wager the odds are much more likely than not, leaving yet another seat to be filled by Trump. This is like a waking nightmare. He's not stupid, he's going directly after the Judicial branch with full vehemence. And with that, I believe he's won. What accountability can be held to him or those corrupt that stand by him with the courts stacked in his favor chosen by him? Mark One. It's not a shocker that Trump has appointed one who tends to favor broad interpretations of the extent of Executive power. What can the GOP not get away with in the decades to come, the law becoming further and further subservient to ideology given such leanings and partisan passions present in the current political climate?

It's going to very interesting and telling to watch how SC rulings from this point forward play out. I'll for sure be keeping track and presenting it to his supporters on these boards. Trump desires for the public to distrust our institutions? Well, mission accomplished, Mr. Trump......job well done. The seepage of your complete absence of integrity and moral fortitude has now corrupted the public's trust of the best of our institutions only two years in. God knows how much damage you're going to accomplish in six more.

First of all, are you claiming that no matter what evidence there is or isn't, that Ford´s allegations are true? because if that is your opinion then there is no point in debating the rest of your post with you.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#166 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Love that "democracy" in action.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Jacanuk

@foxhound_fox: ROFL

You know what America is? a hint ´s not a country it´s a republic and a union of states with their independent governments.

Also, it looks like even at the NYT and Washington post that we have journalists who never even attended a civics class ever.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#168 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Love that "democracy" in action.

It is only broken because you lost.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#169 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@JimB: I didn't lose anything. I voted for the Liberal MP in my constituency in the last federal election, and Trudeau became Prime Minister.

But our system is broken too. The winner is decided before the election results for Saskatchewan are posted.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:

You know what America is? a hint ´s not a country it´s a republic and a union of states with their independent governments.

Also, it looks like even at the NYT and Washington post that we have journalists who never even attended a civics class ever.

It's a true democracy that's for sure.........states are land. If you want to break it up by location then the EC should NEVER be winner take all. Counties should get the EC votes by population. Not give rural America a bigger say than well populated cities.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

It's a true democracy that's for sure.........states are land. If you want to break it up by location then the EC should NEVER be winner take all. Counties should get the EC votes by population. Not give rural America a bigger say than well populated cities.

Not going to get into the EC with you since this is about a clearly false narrative created by upset leftists who either deliberately is trolling everyone, or missed more than a one civics class.

Senators are voted in by the public end of story. So the linked tweet is a lot of BS.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not going to get into the EC with you since this is about a clearly false narrative created by upset leftists who either deliberately is trolling everyone, or missed more than a one civics class.

Senators are voted in by the public end of story. So the linked tweet is a lot of BS.

Senators following an unpopular president. Of course you aren't getting into the EC. You don't understand how it works. You don't give a damn if we all have a vote that counts the same or not. You're not a fan of democracy. You're a fan of ONE side only.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Calm down there soy boy. Elections are fair until your side loses :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Using the EC is never fair. It weights votes. You're only a fan of it because your party is not the most popular party.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Using the EC is never fair. It weights votes. You're only a fan of it because your party is not the most popular party.

They look pretty popular to me.

I'm glad your gf's boyfriend told you what to type though.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Senators following an unpopular president. Of course you aren't getting into the EC. You don't understand how it works. You don't give a damn if we all have a vote that counts the same or not. You're not a fan of democracy. You're a fan of ONE side only.

You clearly do not understand America or why there is an EC. It was never meant to suit your mob rule ideas, so of course, everyone else is wrong.

Also, the senators are bound by their own convictions and if you do not like it, go vote and vote for someone else if you do not like the senator you have. And I will do the same and you have zero say in what my state picks and you never should have any say unless you live here.

It´s like Graham said, move to the state if you are unhappy with the way the majority of the people in that state votes.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By MirkoS77
@Jacanuk said:
@MirkoS77 said:

First of all, are you claiming that no matter what evidence there is or isn't, that Ford´s allegations are true? because if that is your opinion then there is no point in debating the rest of your post with you.

No, I'm saying that regardless of the truth of the accusations, the Court's integrity has been largely delegitimized with Kavanuagh's appointment. It is now largely viewed as a partisan institution in the eyes of the public....something that you've argued to me in the past it shouldn't be. Guilt or innocence is irrelevant at this juncture, only perception matters. Every ruling by the Supreme Court from now on will be viewed as compromised. Trump is the one largely responsible for this, it is he who is in a position to do his best to mend or lessen partisan divides, to be a president for all (as he so laughably stated in his speech after the election he would be), yet he's done nothing but pit one side against the other every chance he gets.

This is actively weakening America from within, it's not strengthening it or "Making it Great Again". Don't you understand that? I have no clue how anyone can call themselves an American while standing in Trump's corner. What are you guys thinking?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23047 Posts

@MirkoS77: "It is now largely viewed as a partisan institution in the eyes of the public."

Can it reasonably be argued otherwise at this point? Between Bush v Gore and a slew of other 5-4 cases which hinged on a "swing vote", it seems clear to me that Kavanaugh was, at best, the final nail in the coffin. Likely, he merely confirmed what we already knew.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

@MirkoS77: "It is now largely viewed as a partisan institution in the eyes of the public."

Can it reasonably be argued otherwise at this point? Between Bush v Gore and a slew of other 5-4 cases which hinged on a "swing vote", it seems clear to me that Kavanaugh was, at best, the final nail in the coffin. Likely, he merely confirmed what we already knew.

So let me see if I understand you correct .... When the liberal justices vote they do it on the basis of the law and Kennedy who voted for Gay Marriage, (a view he only he seem to have gotten after his son turned out to be gay) Is when he votes with the liberals a saint, and when he voted with the more conservative justices a demon and all the conservatives justices are all partisan and do not care about the law.

Is that understood correct?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Jacanuk

@MirkoS77 said:
@Jacanuk said:

No, I'm saying that regardless of the truth of the accusations, the Court's integrity has been largely delegitimized with Kavanuagh's appointment. It is now largely viewed as a partisan institution in the eyes of the public....something that you've argued to me in the past it shouldn't be. Guilt or innocence is irrelevant at this juncture, only perception matters. Every ruling by the Supreme Court from now on will be viewed as compromised. Trump is the one largely responsible for this, it is he who is in a position to do his best to mend or lessen partisan divides, to be a president for all (as he so laughably stated in his speech after the election he would be), yet he's done nothing but pit one side against the other every chance he gets.

This is actively weakening America from within, it's not strengthening it or "Making it Great Again". Don't you understand that? I have no clue how anyone can call themselves an American while standing in Trump's corner. What are you guys thinking?

Hmm, sorry to disappoint you there but the court has always been a problem, the way you appointed justice is a major problem and every single 5-4 decision has had a problem since they somehow always manage to go down party lines. And every single key issue where the liberals seem to be for is also most times a dismantlement of state rights.

So neither side has had any integrity as to how they decide on cases. Though having been fortunate enough to hear Scalia while he was alive, his arguments reason a lot more than Kagans and Ginsburg who always seem to be "Morality over law" After all Ginsburg even want, foreign laws to have an impact on American matters.

And sure the judgment of the court will be viewed with a lot of critics from the left because it´s right now 5 conservatives against the 4 liberals until the decision is turning out to be in your side's favour.

Lastly, the only side who is weakening America is the left and the far left, since 2000 the Left have traded a common ideal to keep America the greatest nation to an idea that the only way forward is theirs and anyone opposing them is the enemy and the only solution is to destroy them.

Just watch the mob when Shapiro or even a libertarian who is gay like Rubin is around, for the left there is only an enemy, and the right according to those on the left is only two things either a moderate who might as well be a democrat, or a nazi, there is no in between. There is no middle ground so there is no reason to have any civil discourse because anyone on the "right" any conservative is beyond "help"

Same as you are showing here, you claim to be a moderate but everything you say and post has this insane hate about it, there is no room for "hey I may be wrong here"

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

Not surprised. You have an administration that have individuals who have secret meetings with Russians before blaming the American people for 45 minutes, refer to their wife as "mother", and say things like "the KKK where alright until I found out they smoked pot." And yet they all STILL get to keep their job or get appointed so this isn't surprising.

The current GOP is more of a Jerry Springer political party in my eyes.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By MirkoS77

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, sorry to disappoint you there but the court has always been a problem, the way you appointed justice is a major problem and every single 5-4 decision has had a problem since they somehow always manage to go down party lines. And every single key issue where the liberals seem to be for is also most times a dismantlement of state rights.

So neither side has had any integrity as to how they decide on cases. Though having been fortunate enough to hear Scalia while he was alive, his arguments reason a lot more than Kagans and Ginsburg who always seem to be "Morality over law" After all Ginsburg even want, foreign laws to have an impact on American matters.

And sure the judgment of the court will be viewed with a lot of critics from the left because it´s right now 5 conservatives against the 4 liberals until the decision is turning out to be in your side's favour.

Lastly, the only side who is weakening America is the left and the far left, since 2000 the Left have traded a common ideal to keep America the greatest nation to an idea that the only way forward is theirs and anyone opposing them is the enemy and the only solution is to destroy them.

Just watch the mob when Shapiro or even a libertarian who is gay like Rubin is around, for the left there is only an enemy, and the right goes from far-right to Nazi, there is no in between there is no middle ground so there is no reason to have any civil discourse, because anyone on the "right" any conservative is beyond "help"

Same as you are showing here, you claim to be a moderate but everything you say and post has this insane hate about it, there is no room for "hey I may be wrong here"

No, in this day and age, there's a distinction to be made between partisan disagreements in civil political discourse the courts traditionally embraced, and partisan vindictiveness absent it that currently (or at least is beginning to) encompasses them. This is new territory as we've never had a president like Trump before that's encouraged such an absence of civility and decency while substituting it with disgusting values such as vengeance and utter contempt to those who he disagrees with who's been able to play a direct hand in forming the Judiciary to the extent he's able. I'm not meaning to say the court has never suffered divides, that is its nature, but that the manner of them has shifted from ideological disagreements to venomous personal and partisan hatreds transcending them, emboldened by the man in the Oval Office who has instilled and encouraged such combativeness at every turn simply due to who he is.

You don't apply traditional standards of past partisan divides and precedence (judicial or otherwise) compared to present ones while maintaining any degree of ingenuousness while someone like Trump is in office. You can't. Trump's lack of integrity will seep into whatever he touches, that's the nature of the dynamics of power combined with character. And I believe even you are not one to deny that Trump isn't the most upstanding of individuals. So if you wish to compare the courts' integrity before Trump to after Trump, on what grounds would it be seen as valid considering someone so vacant of that integrity who now holds such influence over them?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127523 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Wow. I don't think you're really doing that unless you're saying "assault me"...

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#184 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Go get a refund on your moral compass mate.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: Swing and a miss.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#186 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@foxhound_fox: what a dumb tweet. The Senate is hardly a representative body. We originally didn't even vote for senators.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Jacanuk

@MirkoS77 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Just watch the mob when Shapiro or even a libertarian who is gay like Rubin is around, for the left there is only an enemy, and the right goes from far-right to Nazi, there is no in between there is no middle ground so there is no reason to have any civil discourse, because anyone on the "right" any conservative is beyond "help"

No, in this day and age, there's a distinction to be made between partisan disagreements in civil political discourse the courts traditionally embraced, and partisan vindictiveness absent it that currently (or at least is beginning to) encompasses them. This is new territory as we've never had a president like Trump before that's encouraged such an absence of civility and decency while substituting it with disgusting values such as vengeance and utter contempt to those who he disagrees with who's been able to play a direct hand in forming the Judiciary to the extent he's able. I'm not meaning to say the court has never suffered divides, that is its nature, but that the manner of them has shifted from ideological disagreements to venomous personal and partisan hatreds transcending them, emboldened by the man in the Oval Office who has instilled and encouraged such combativeness at every turn simply due to who he is.

You don't apply traditional standards of past partisan divides and precedence (judicial or otherwise) compared to present ones while maintaining any degree of ingenuousness while someone like Trump is in office. You can't. Trump's lack of integrity will seep into whatever he touches, that's the nature of the dynamics of power combined with character. And I believe even you are not one to deny that Trump isn't the most upstanding of individuals. So if you wish to compare the courts' integrity before Trump to after Trump, on what grounds would it be seen as valid considering someone so vacant of that integrity who now holds such influence over them?

Well, now you are assuming that Kavanaugh who has over a decade on the second highest court in the land and who even by ABA got the highest marks, suddenly becomes bias against the Democrats, while there is reason , i do not believe anyone who become a supreme court would even entertain such a thought , he has nothing to prove, he has no loyalties to repay and even Collins who voted for him said she did it because 1. there was no evidence as to the allegations, everything talked against it and 2. There was not one single finger to put on any of his legal records and he has several key judgments which go against Republicans. So not the court with Kavanaugh has not suffered, it´s still the exact same court as always, an organ that is being used by both sides and where the liberals seem to be fine when the pendulum swings verdicts their way.

So is this about Trump and you not wanting to see anything good? like with the Republicans because now you see them as enabling Trump? Also let us see with Kavanaugh.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: Swing and a miss.

Ok, so you have a problem with any 5-4 decision, good to know.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By mattbbpl

@Jacanuk: Strike two.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Jacanuk

@mattbbpl said:

@Jacanuk: Strike two.

Hmm, from your post then I can only take from it then that you think that the conservatives are the bad guys.

But let´s be clear here, the problem is not the justices, they are bar none all the top of the legal world and I bet each of them hates to be a pawn in the game the republicans and democrats play about rights.

So the problem is not appointing someone who is clearly qualified and who have proven to be qualified every day he sat on the second highest court in the US.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#191 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10513 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Chutebox said:

wow. first time opening this thread and this is the first comment i read. thread delivers. i expected to see some stupid shit but this is so much more

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#192 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@JimB: I didn't lose anything. I voted for the Liberal MP in my constituency in the last federal election, and Trudeau became Prime Minister.

But our system is broken too. The winner is decided before the election results for Saskatchewan are posted.

That happened in the Democratic primary in 2016.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You clearly do not understand America or why there is an EC. It was never meant to suit your mob rule ideas, so of course, everyone else is wrong.

Also, the senators are bound by their own convictions and if you do not like it, go vote and vote for someone else if you do not like the senator you have. And I will do the same and you have zero say in what my state picks and you never should have any say unless you live here.

It´s like Graham said, move to the state if you are unhappy with the way the majority of the people in that state votes.

Oh I understand it correctly. It was meant to give the wealthy Southern plantation owners a much say in government as they were in less populated areas.

And like I said in a state there is various other measurements. A better EC would be by country. But you don't want that either because then cities would be better represented.

I think the vote for president should be fair. Each vote counts equal......not more or less.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You've been avoiding my responses for a while now but I hope you'll respond to this one. Since the EC has made it to where the minority rule, especially in the case of Trump, please explain why the minority ruling the majority is better than majority rule. I would seriously love to hear you weasel out of that.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#195  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9585 Posts

Liberals need to learn how to lose. Go to your safe rooms little ones.. let the adults talk.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Serraph105

@WitIsWisdom said:

Liberals need to learn how to lose. Go to your safe rooms little ones.. let the adults talk.

Wait....are safe spaces good now? To conservatives that is? You guys flip ideologies so much it's hard to keep up.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

yeah, you tell em!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 WitIsWisdom

@Serraph105 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Wait....are safe spaces good now? To conservatives that is? You guys flip ideologies so much it's hard to keep up.

No... I just don't want the little libtards getting scared and making threats they could never back up, but all of them seem pretty good at it, I give you that. All talk all the time. All these liberal white knight idealists will be the FIRST people to run to guys like me (they always do) when real shit hits the fan (but I guess that's why some guys enlist in the first place, so that others wont be forced to), and trust me, it's only a matter of time before it will. History repeats itself, and getting lazy, entitled, and complacent are the first signs of failure (if you don't believe me then go study up and get back to me on that)... Entitlement, wanting things for free, hating your government openly and expressing it with open malice, taking a knee to your own flag, turning your back on our veterans, etc. the list goes on and on... and in the real world the actual numbers show we are better off than ever as an entire nation... typical. All while hateful liberals try to push the whole hate scandal off on Republicans, and continue to sink further and further into a helpless pit of believing fake social media and not following the stance of "innocent until proven guilty", yet the first to point fingers and make unwarranted accusations, while we just sit here and laugh while they throw their tantrums. Some kids parents just never taught them that it's ok to lose as long as you learn something from it, and it's better to make excuses and point fingers rather than actually standing behind anything and making a true difference, or by taking a look in the mirror.

but since I'm a hell of a guy, I'll lend a helping hand regardless of who you are when the time comes. I for one served my country and would never turn my back on anyone.

Does that sum it up better for you cupcake?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@comp_atkins said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

yeah, you tell em!

Oh, I told him... I'm not that old yet, but sometimes it feels like it when I am talking to childlike liberals without a clue in the world.

Wait... is this forum full of millennials? That would explain a lot if so...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Serraph105

@WitIsWisdom said:
@Serraph105 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

No... I just don't want the little libtards getting scared and making threats they could never back up, but all of them seem pretty good at it, I give you that. All talk all the time. All these liberal white knight idealists will be the FIRST people to run to guys like me (they always do) when real shit hits the fan (but I guess that's why some guys enlist in the first place, so that others wont be forced to), and trust me, it's only a matter of time before it will. History repeats itself, and getting lazy, entitled, and complacent are the first signs of failure (if you don't believe me then go study up and get back to me on that)... Entitlement, wanting things for free, hating your government openly and expressing it with open malice, taking a knee to your own flag, turning your back on our veterans, etc. the list goes on and on... and in the real world the actual numbers show we are better off than ever as an entire nation... typical. All while hateful liberals try to push the whole hate scandal off on Republicans, and continue to sink further and further into a helpless pit of believing fake social media and not following the stance of "innocent until proven guilty", yet the first to point fingers and make unwarranted accusations, while we just sit here and laugh while they throw their tantrums. Some kids parents just never taught them that it's ok to lose as long as you learn something from it, and it's better to make excuses and point fingers rather than actually standing behind anything and making a true difference, or by taking a look in the mirror.

but since I'm a hell of a guy, I'll lend a helping hand regardless of who you are when the time comes. I for one served my country and would never turn my back on anyone.

Does that sum it up better for you cupcake?

I mean, some have bone spurs so they can't be expected to help anyone or enlist, right?