The PSN Error Thread - 8001050F! New Update 1:35 AM EST

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

Could this be the APOCOLYPS3?
^props to coolasj19hope you dont mind me using this if you do just let me know and it will instantly be removed
props toRatchetV1
for coming up with the How Far are you willing to gopoll subject

So who else out there cant get on their PS3s and who can? Just trying to see who out there is having a hard time and what you might think is going on.8001050FError thats pretty much what everyones having right now. MY problems started a couple of weeks ago anda lot of my friends from my area were talking about having some sign in problems as well.Now ive gotten on Gamespot and im seeing threads everywehre about it so just post in here and tell others to as well. Im not asking for a sticky because i hope this error doesnt go on forever.

Basically my guess is that its a new firmaware update possibly introducing the new premium membership and the Store and some other things are being put on the PS3(probably making the PS3 able to do the things that the Premium Membership will allow for you to do.

But what do you guys think? Whats going on in the world of sony? Is it a serious crash, something secret in the works for us that we just need patience, or both or none? Ill keep on editing this as we go on so keep posting guys and ill see what i can find on this subject so you dont have to. Heres what i found so far:

I cant necessarily find any information on the actual error or anyway to get out of it at the moment. But if you go on pretty much any forum anywhere on any gamesite youll see some posts about the same issue. SO just relax guys youre not the only one.

IGN, PSU, Playstation, Yahoo Answers, N4G, Fixya, GTA Forums etc.

are all sites that are talking about this. Its pretty obvious that this has taken the PS3 community by storm. Sorry i couldnt be more help but ill keep posting what i find.

I have gotten this from the former sticky no link sorry but here is what was said:

***"Hi, I am Brandon from the PlayStation Network and we are over flooded with E-mails and complaints. It is a server error, we are working on fixing, but as for now you just need to sit and wait. It should be back on in about 1(One) hour. Sorry for any inconvenience this error may have caused.
Source(s):
PlayStation Network"***

**Try not to play trophy enabled games. You can play them but if you get a trophy theres a chance the game could freeze right around the time the trophy is supposed to pop up. Afterwards its a possiblility that your trophy info has been deleted altogether.**

All, I am on the PS3 WEB site, signed in as my User ID, so it looks like they are making progress... The page fails to sipaly though after I click on my Account/Friends or Trophies... So there still seems to be issues. They have a new Trade Mark:- IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING LOL.... Apart from load your games and progress correctly.... Just gone on their Forum now I can sign in... Take a look:- http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Updates/error-code/m-p/45310571#M156295 No Replies...LOL Well none apart from mine... LoSlandofshadowLoS

ive realised this also playstation.com has a new look and if you have a trophy card from their site take a look at it and youll notice its gone from black to white

Sorry guys i really havent found anything as of late and dont worry about this Thread getting locked until tomorrow or so because ill be here to update when i can. All ive found out is that the numbers are climbing and Sony is supposedly working on it. Also, apparently a guy named PSDave works with Sony and hes a newbie member on our very own Gamespot. Some people Are thinking it came with Heavy Rain and others are thinking it couldve ben something with friend lists.

It is now showed on Twitterthat it is not a problem with Slims but the fat models and they are basically getting close to fixing it. Yet this isnt news if you ask me.

Ill keep you guys posted on when i find out more

This might be helpful to some people, as it's what seems to be the problem. Posted on NeoGAF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what's going on right now: something with the PS3's internal clock has borked in some pre-slim models. This is not a PSN issue; it has to do with your PS3's clock. This clock is NOT related to the OS clock. It seems to be a leap year bug. Setting your clock ahead will do nothing. All PS3s around the world were affected at the exact same time.

Does this affect me?

-If you have a Slim PS3, you're good to go. Continue playing it as normal.
-If you have a "fat" PS3, you may be affected. Some fat PS3s have worked ok, but it seems a good majority have been bugged.

What does this bug mean?

-If affected, your date and time has been set to a random past date. This prevents you from signing into PSN, playing any PSN games, or using any DLC. Your trophies will also not display correctly or be able to sync.

How do I fix it?

-You can't. Even if you don't sign into PSN, it won't help. This is a hardware issue.

So, what do I do?

-Wait 24 hours. Other products that have had similar bugs have corrected themselves after the "bugged" day. On Monday around 6pm central time, all PS3s will automatically correct themselves...maybe.

-If that doesn't work, we'll need a firmware update from Sony, which should be a pretty important priority for them right now.

Did I lose my data/themes/etc?

Your save data/games/dlc/themes are fine. They'll be fixed when the PS3 is fixed. Trophies are uncertain right now, but they'll be fine if you've synced them before the PS3 was bugged. Unsynced trophies are an unknown right now.

So there ya go, my handy FAQ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOund on Link

After experiencing some major problems, Sony has been dealing with some major PS3 system crashes for the last several hours. If you haven't turned your PS3 on in the last five-six hours, please refrain from doing so until Sony fixes the problem.

Aside from having PSN not connect to the internet, some were noticing that the date had changed on their system, trophies were vanishing, and that many of their games weren't working properly. This caused a panic among many PS3 owners, though. Oddly, only PS3 owners with the original "fat" model had problems -- all Slim models worked fine. With such a random system crash occurring for unknown reasons, many wondered what had happened and why a strange error code was coming up.

If your tried to play any PS3 or PSN titles, you would receive the error code: 8001050F. The detailed explanation given was the following:

Registration of the trophy information could not be completed.
The game will quit.
(8001050F)

After calling Sony's technical support and speaking to one of their representatives, we were told the issue would be fixed by morning and that there is no need to fear about game's trophies of save data. So, it sounds like the fix will be made relatively soon and that there won't be any ill side-effects from the bug. What time the fix will go up exactly is yet to be determined.

i will continue to update and will show whats been added by bolding and italics(above information could be wrong

Kotaku's Story:

All around the world, PlayStation 3 consoles simply aren't working like they're supposed to, with a PlayStation Network error preventing people from not just going online, but from playing some PS3 games offline as well.

From Europe to the Americas to, well, my house in Australia, users are complaining that upon booting their consoles up, they're unable to sign into their accounts, check their trophies or access the PlayStation Network. That's fine, Sony say there are PSN connection problems, and that they are "looking into it".

Problem is, the error does more than just prevent you from going online. It prevents you from playing certain games offline as well. The screen above is what I was greeted with when attempting to play Heavy Rain, and pressing out of it simply reboots the PS3, returning you to the main menu screen. It's the same story for other games that feature dynamic trophy support.

Sony say "stay tuned" for updates on the problem. In turn, we'll update if we hear anything more.

While theories abound that this has something to do with the calendar, bear in mind Sony has redesigned its PlayStation website over the weekend, so it's likely the result of some tinkering under the hood for the PlayStation Network.

Whichever it is, though, you have to wonder at the design process that turns a network outage into something stopping you from playing a game (in my case Heavy Rain) you own, pick up from a shelf and has no online play whatsoever.

Final words thank you for your support guys i actually got most of the information on here through this thread its self.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

Is it still not working?

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
Sony needs to hurry up.
im_diego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 im_diego
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
This is quite annoying..
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eazy1891
I guess someone is liking this lol so now that its unlocked i found out that some people are having problems playing games like Heavy Rain and MW2. The Browser is working like it normally does and i have found a report about someone saying that theyre trophies have been deleted. Only one story about that though hopefully its not going on with anyone else though
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
There has to be more to this than what Sony's letting out. I think they were hacked and don't want to admit it.
nasti002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nasti002
Man, I dont care about the trophies. I just want to shoot people in MW2
SirJazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SirJazz
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts

I think the birthrate will spike in 9 months... just like it was with the blackout 1965 in NY...

lol afk

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#11 toolzz360
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

heard a bunch of stories of trophy deletion but that is probally just because they arnt syncing right online....this seems like a really serious error and they have been trying to fix it for an hour at least so far

Blaze25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blaze25
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I guess someone is liking this lol so now that its unlocked i found out that some people are having problems playing games like Heavy Rain and MW2. The Browser is working like it normally does and i have found a report about someone saying that theyre trophies have been deleted. Only one story about that though hopefully its not going on with anyone else thoughEazy1891
yea i can get on the net and play game but not the ps3 network..eh and my trophies are still safe, i just cant get new one.....ugh this is irritating me i wanted to play mw2
deblaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deblaz
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

If i try to play Fallout 3 will it corrupt my files and trophys (dont really care about trophys just the file) or are they already corrupt and just try it anyway?

Dcollins85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dcollins85
I think it's a date / time code error or something like that built into the PS3. Like in their programming.
killabcbud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killabcbud
Man, I dont care about the trophies. I just want to shoot people in MW2nasti002
couldnt have said it better
Avatar image for deactivated-5876d1004fd34
deactivated-5876d1004fd34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5876d1004fd34
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

Hear is some clarity to everyone confusion. Any game that requires trophies cannot be played! And no your PS3 is not broken and its just a crash in the system, no one hacked it (as far as I know) and stop with dumb conspiracy theories. Hopefully this is probably going to be resolved by tomorrow. So everyone CHILL OUT!

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts

Here are the two rumors spreading around (A) Sony got hacked and the hacker crashed everything (B)It is the date change the PS3s can't decided on whether it is the 28 or the 29. IMO I think they were hacked, and if your looking to play your games offline and haven't booted your system up yet then unplug the ethernet and then boot up ur system.

markx2475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 markx2475
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
i was wandering if the content that gets corrupted like Games, Themes and Trophys are the ones you try acessing. i cant see my Tekken 6 Trophys, and that was the only game i accesed when the Error began. and my instaled ACII Premium Theme is corrupted, and since some people say that some of there DL games are corrupted i was wandering if it hass something to do with that. if somebody can clear this up i would be grateful. sorry for the Bad english
DavePS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DavePS
Again - Sit Tight and Chill Out. Follow the twitter updates on www.twitter.com/sonyplaystation for updates, and stop fretting about it.
SharkZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SharkZero
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts

just found out that i got the same error. i cant play any of my downloaded games. never had any problems since today. i hope they fix this soon.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
So, first it was Toyota, now Sony. Maybe we should stop buying Japanese products XD
zpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zpeedster
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

This reminds my of "The Great ZUNE Crash of 2009" where all original 30GB ZUNES went kaput on the same day, 1/1/2009.

Crazy....

smurf_god672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 smurf_god672
when this happened to me i had actually just set up my playstation ( 80gb BC). When i went to hook up the internet and did the connection test it said i had an IP address and a connection but couldn't access the playstation network. So when i clicked to sign in it immediately gave me this error, so i actually never had tried to paly a game before getting this. But all the things are the same, MW2 doesn't work, DLC doesn't work, date change etc...
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Eazy1891

If i try to play Fallout 3 will it corrupt my files and trophys (dont really care about trophys just the file) or are they already corrupt and just try it anyway?

deblaz
Some people do have connection so if you can sign on go ahead youll be fine....but if you get kicked off just stop playing the game and dont take any risks of losing the save file....yet im sure it will be fine anyway
Avatar image for Mangekyo_Sasuke
Mangekyo_Sasuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mangekyo_Sasuke
all of my trophies are intact. i'm gonna try signing in to see if i can get on. i'll let you guys know in a min.
Avatar image for landofshadowLoS
landofshadowLoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 landofshadowLoS
Hi All. I have Emailed Sony in relation to this error. I was playing White Knight (An Amazing game)... And the game sort or just locked up, the music continued, I think I was just about to unlock a new trophie ?? I reset my PS3, and tried to run the game, and I got the error message about not being able to frin the Trophies and was forced to quit, most of my other games are the same way :o( I went online using my PS3 using the WEB browser and went on the PS3 Network Web site (You can use your online ID as a user name and login and view your Trophies etc normally)... My Email differs greatly to my user ID, it pulled up my User ID top right of the screen by the sign in buttons, but said my account deatils are incorrect on the screen below. There seems to me to be a communication error occuring between the username and the accounts... A reason I say this, is due to the largest post/topic in relation to this mess is on here rather than the PS3 forum, I feel this is due to people not being able to gain entry who have this issue... It is a complete mess... I really aint happy... Just the other month my laser burnt out and the motor at the same time, I had to get my PS3 repaired... Its out of warranty as it is one of the first released (Fat). Any way I just wanted to tell you what I have tried, and what hasn't worked so you don't bother doing the same. I followed their guide to Reformat my Machine after backing up info. Once back on your asked to create a PS3 Network ID/account I didn't and just signed in by giving my DOB and you can get on the PS3 Network Proving it was up I then signed in using my normal details The Same error returned.... So I started again... Re-format This time I created a new account Restored my save points and started a game (I started one that I can get an Easy Trophie, no laughing... IPet...) Same error occured... Re-Formatted again.... Signed up with my normal ID:- landofshadows I still have the same issue... I have Emailed all this to Sony... It all see very Pete Tong !! Steve LoS
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Don't play trophy enabled games. you will lose your trophy data. for some reason i can sign on to killzone.com and socom.com.

GameHog9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GameHog9
Member since 2008 • 1052 Posts

OMG I cant connect online oh noes end of the world!!! :P

Jeez people just read a book or fiddle on your laptop or something. Itll be up when its ready.

furiousjester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 furiousjester
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts

Not only can't I log on the the PSN all my FallOut 3 DLC is gone WTF!!!

miyukichii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 miyukichii
Patient is a virtue xp
gerson25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gerson25
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts

all my RB2 trophies have been deleted and I can't play the DLC so yeah i can confirm the trophies deletion thing...

longtermfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 longtermfx
Member since 2008 • 254 Posts

You people would not want to believe what happened to me. PSN signed (I just thought it was a typical logout) and I just finished up my HARD TRIALS for SFIV. NO TROPHIES HAVE POPPED UP AND I AM FREAKING OUT! I just managed to finished one of the HARDEST games to get a platinum for and this SIGNOUT crap preventing my 100%. Please, someone tell me my trophies will popup when this issue is resolved... PLEASE!!!

billymgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 billymgame
Member since 2006 • 123 Posts

Why did gamespot cut off the last thread, it was getting epic!!!!!!!!111

Eirianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Eirianna
All I know is that if I can't play my games before tomorrow I'm going to start beating up small children.. This is ridiculous D=
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
There has to be more to this than what Sony's letting out. I think they were hacked and don't want to admit it.azzezino
Hmm, this may be true. I went on PS3.com a few minutes a go, and it came up with a blank page that said "Get flash and/or javascript and stop wasting my time." Seems like a hacker to me.
Novelist1837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Novelist1837
Member since 2010 • 69 Posts
Man, I dont care about the trophies. I just want to shoot people in MW2nasti002
truer words were never spoken
killabcbud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 killabcbud
Conspiracy theory #27. Olympics has shutdown the PSN to get more ratings for the closing ceremonies.
Novelist1837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Novelist1837

Why did gamespot cut off the last thread, it was getting epic!!!!!!!!111

billymgame
yea it was aye, this one is sad
RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts
Sony needs to hurry up. zbdyx
It Happened about 2-3 hours ago, and I'm sure they didn't expect it, so I think you as well as many others should be more patient. It shouldn't have happened, but I doubt they're just sitting there doing nothing and laughing at PS3 owners.
I think the birthrate will spike in 9 months... just like it was with the blackout 1965 in NY...SirJazz
There was also one back in '03.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I really agree with Kotaku when they write:

"Whichever it is, though, you have to wonder at the design process that turns a network outage into something stopping you from playing an offline, singleplayer title."

Avatar image for Mangekyo_Sasuke
Mangekyo_Sasuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mangekyo_Sasuke
ok....i lost all my white knight chronicles trophy data.......so in conclusion. do NOT i repear do NOT PUT IN A GAME THAT HAS TROPHIES YOU WILL LOSE YOUR TROPHY INFO ON THAT GAME. :( i better get my god damn trophies back...
girr101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 girr101
Has anyone else noticed their PS3s date reset to 01/01/1999?
DavePS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DavePS
There are no "hackers" or anything going on. It is being worked on, and it is best to stop posting in such topics. Yes, our Slims haven't been affected. Accounts created minutes before the crash do not work on fats.
nasti002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nasti002
Again - Sit Tight and Chill Out. Follow the twitter updates on www.twitter.com/sonyplaystation for updates, and stop fretting about it.DavePS
I cant chill, I payed $60 for a game and $125 to fix my blu ray laser. Unless i get my money back, i'm not relaxing.
Novelist1837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Novelist1837

Not only can't I log on the the PSN all my FallOut 3 DLC is gone WTF!!!

furiousjester
i feel ur pain, this is a crime
deblaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deblaz

this reminds me of the southpark episode called over logging where they cant connect to the internet if you havent seen it you should watch it so you can see what we all sound like haha

munkz37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 munkz37

I think the birthrate will spike in 9 months... just like it was with the blackout 1965 in NY...

lol afk

SirJazz
i think your right, i just killed 2 minutes myself
gregolian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 gregolian
Member since 2005 • 3453 Posts
I played Skate2 when it first started and didn't have problems with trophies or anything.
Geeho72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Geeho72
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Is Sony a division of Toyota?

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

This reminds my of "The Great ZUNE Crash of 2009" where all original 30GB ZUNES went kaput on the same day, 1/1/2009.

Crazy....

zpeedster
That's probably it; An issue with the date.