MGS4 / MGO Beta Discussion - ALL discussion kept here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1751 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
Snake is the pwange. Him and the octocamo. Omfgg
Urizen5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1752 Urizen5
Member since 2006 • 521 Posts
[QUOTE="Urizen5"]

Anyone else know what skills are only one block at lvl 2 or 3? i just got lvl2 traps and it's only one block. BTW if you see an AlphaRooster...stay off the stairs..BOOM

knowledge83

no you prob just didnt equip level 2, cuz i believe all the levels are equivalent to their cost

Uh No i know what i'm doing, scan,zoom and one other are only 1 point at lvl 2 perhaps 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1753 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Snake is the pwange. Him and the octocamo. OmfggKnivez0r
Your joking right? I slit his throat every time. The octo camo sucks as well
Shekb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1754 Shekb
Member since 2005 • 13506 Posts
[QUOTE="Knivez0r"]Snake is the pwange. Him and the octocamo. Omfggavataraang1
Your joking right? I slit his throat every time. The octo camo sucks as well

But you do know that not everyone sucks right ?
It'll happen one day that Snake will be used by a competent person
candid_llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1755 candid_llama
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
Like Me :D I STILL CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO SHAKE TAGS! Though I did rack up 128pts or so. I died once though. And Octocamo pwns. I love how I can cling to a wall and no one can see me...!!
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1756 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
To get the tags you have to knock out a hostile, then crouch next to him and press triangle as if you wanted to wake him up, snake will then pat the downed foe and the tag will drop, just stay still for an exta sec and you'll pick it up straight away.
Racky_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1757 Racky_rules
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

hey guys ireally need some help

for the past 3 days i have been downloading the update and it's taking ages. i have had it running for about 8 hours in total but am only 33% of the way through. i am using the peer to peer setting and i only seem to get about 10 other peopel to download from and have an average of 5-6 kb/s. can anyone recommend some advice as to what to do to speed things up as i've tried enabling and disabling the limit option and it makes no differenc.

one other thing. is it worth trying to download from the central server and will this wipe out my previous download.

any advice would be much appreciated as at this rate the beta will be closed before i can play

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1758 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that bud.. I don't know what really to recommend you. I left my PS3 ON for the whole night and early in the morning (7 hours later) the download was finished.

And I have 4.8 MB High Speed DSL...

I'm not sure how they implemented the download speed, but it was very slow. I have thought that things would had speed up by now.. sorry mate..

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1759 gekidami
Make sure the port you set the game to use is actually open, and that you have a decent connection...
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1760 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
stickied threads are so stupid. nobody ever answers questions. people just post some crap that doesn't pertain to the topic. anyway, my question is, will we keep the stats from the beta? will we have those same stats when we play the real MGO?
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1761 GUNpoint_
also, my assault and smg skills say 'Lv2', but they stay there, but when im playing a game, the skill says 1. how do i get lv2?
DBhova23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1762 DBhova23
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

you have to remove another skill cause you can only have 4 skill points at one time..

Also is there anyway to change outfits after creating a player?

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1763 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts

MGO is not made for 16 players matches, atleast not when most ppl play mgo like its a tps/fps=| I dont know about you guys but I've found 8 players as a good number for atleast the TDM mode. Any more then that and its just random running and gunning all over the place, makeing it pretty much impossible to do some sneaking and cqc on ppl.

For the new mode with snake I havent rly found a good number yet. Even 8 seems to much to me. The problem here is to me, simpely the fact that the red and blue team again is just running and gunning each other down, makeing it hard for the persoen who is playing as snake to knock some1 out and get their dog tag, I've never been able to get more then two in a row. The red and blue team should be walking down the back streets searching for snake, and not just fighting this crazy battle at the middle of the map, forceing snake to expose himself either to everybody or to the dudes who will be respawning behind him=/

If ppl just started playing the game the way its "supposed" to be played im sure the higher numbers of players would work alot better. imo its just to messy when 90% if the players just open fire on everything which moves. What do you guys think? does the 10-16 player matches work for you?

Exocomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1764 Exocomp
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts
I understand that you've already played the game. It's still like 50 days to the release of it in Sweden. How good is it do you think?
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1765 nc_soldier

I understand that you've already played the game. It's still like 50 days to the release of it in Sweden. How good is it do you think? Exocomp

The game is awsome, besides the fact that there are to many ppl playing it like a shooter and not a stleath action game.

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1766 GUNpoint_
im gonna ask one more time.

will we keep our stats from the beta when we play the real MGO?
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1767 GUNpoint_

MGO is not made for 16 players matches, atleast not when most ppl play mgo like its a tps/fps=| I dont know about you guys but I've found 8 players as a good number for atleast the TDM mode. Any more then that and its just random running and gunning all over the place, makeing it pretty much impossible to do some sneaking and cqc on ppl.

For the new mode with snake I havent rly found a good number yet. Even 8 seems to much to me. The problem here is to me, simpely the fact that the red and blue team again is just running and gunning each other down, makeing it hard for the persoen who is playing as snake to knock some1 out and get their dog tag, I've never been able to get more then two in a row. The red and blue team should be walking down the back streets searching for snake, and not just fighting this crazy battle at the middle of the map, forceing snake to expose himself either to everybody or to the dudes who will be respawning behind him=/

If ppl just started playing the game the way its "supposed" to be played im sure the higher numbers of players would work alot better. imo its just to messy when 90% if the players just open fire on everything which moves. What do you guys think? does the 10-16 player matches work for you?

nc_soldier

the actual game will be like that; snake will run around in a battle field and he can either A.) join the fight, or B.) avoid detection. the sneaking mode i must admit takes time to get used to, but if you're an expert in using CQC, it should be a little easier. (i suck at CQC btw.) when i play as snake, i just use the OctoCamo and climb up the 3 story building and snipe with my sniper
Avatar image for T3h_M3tal_Biggz
T3h_M3tal_Biggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1768 T3h_M3tal_Biggz
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

hey i just got into the beta, my friends friend had an extra code so my friend got his friend to give it to me.. praise him. :P

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1769 nc_soldier
[QUOTE="nc_soldier"]

GUNpoint_

the actual game will be like that; snake will run around in a battle field and he can either A.) join the fight, or B.) avoid detection. the sneaking mode i must admit takes time to get used to, but if you're an expert in using CQC, it should be a little easier. (i suck at CQC btw.) when i play as snake, i just use the OctoCamo and climb up the 3 story building and snipe with my sniper

Ye i know thats how the singelplayer will be. but the problem is that to win when playing as snake in mgo you have 2 get 3 dogtags in a row without dieing and its just to hard with lots of ppl imo...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1770 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I want my animal rank already
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1771 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

I want my animal rank alreadyavataraang1

I'm a Rat, gets into traps easily :(

bootsfansonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1772 bootsfansonly
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts
guess this game lost some hype after the gta release. no thread post all evening
breiflabben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1773 breiflabben
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm experiencing some problems whenever I host a game. The game just exits after a little while. First time I tried to host a game it happened after some 20 minutes, but the second time it exited after just around 10 minutes.

Has this happened to anyone else?

These incidents both happened while playing SNEAK mode. (I have not tested other modes.)

typevuspecII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1774 typevuspecII
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts

Love this game its awesome... took some getting used to at the start - what I would like is if they could make you change the button assignments - I'd want the aim/shoot to be L2/R2 and item/weapon choice to be L1/R1 and has the quick turn on and off like in did in previous MGS instead of having to manually go through the menu to select 'none' to de-select the box.

Other than that once I got use to the controls it was great.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1775 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

guess this game lost some hype after the gta release. no thread post all eveningbootsfansonly

Of course it did slowed down for little while, it's GTA IV after all. I'm not sure what's so surprising. :)

Fear not, June 12th will turn the world upside down my friend. ^_^

Restless_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1776 Restless_Soul
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
is anyone else having problems playing? Everytime i select my char. and try to go to the lobby i get an error saying it cant load the online news
WeMakinBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1777 WeMakinBacon
Member since 2008 • 533 Posts
i just want to say the sneaking missions as snake with a full roster is the best. if this is what mgs4 is like, i'll ooze myself
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1778 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts
I'm wondering if we'll be able to choose multiple characters in the final version, since it asks you to choose your character everytime you log in.
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1780 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
Can Some One plz PM ME a beta code i just got my ps3 and i have no games :(
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1781 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
heyz can someone please messaging me telling me how to break someones neck on MGO. i heard u can...Altiar25
i too would like to know if this is possible, i heard it from a guy i was playing with earlier and said he had it done to him
gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1782 gollum007
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts
hey Biggz, can u add the5cobras on PSN, he's my friend who gave me the code, which i gave to u :). Hope ur having alot of fun in MGO :D
gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1783 gollum007
wwedx, my friend will be getting a few extra codes within the next couple days. if i get one again from him, i'll be sure to give it to u :)
gollum007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1784 gollum007
typevuspecil, u can assign the actions as u want. just go to Gameplay Options
typevuspecII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1785 typevuspecII
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts

typevuspecil, u can assign the actions as u want. just go to Gameplay Optionsgollum007

I dont see it - under which tab is it? Only thing customizable is like the camera view and weapon switch

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1786 nc_soldier

[QUOTE="Altiar25"]heyz can someone please messaging me telling me how to break someones neck on MGO. i heard u can...SuperMario254
i too would like to know if this is possible, i heard it from a guy i was playing with earlier and said he had it done to him

I got cqc lvl 3 and I cant break necks so i doubt its possible, on the other hand with cqc lvl 3 you can disarm ppl, but i cant figure out how to do it!! any1 knowns??=|

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1787 gekidami
Any one else find that the SVD is way over powered? its the only weapon with a decent scope, theres no movment when you aim, it takes about 2 or 3 shots to kill, and if you do get close to some one using it they can aim over the shoulder with it...
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1788 nc_soldier
I just tried everything i could think of in the training to disarm some1, but nothing seems to wrok...is it possible that they've not included the move in the beta?=/
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1789 nc_soldier

Any one else find that the SVD is way over powered? its the only weapon with a decent scope, theres no movment when you aim, it takes about 2 or 3 shots to kill, and if you do get close to some one using it they can aim over the shoulder with it...gekidami

Nah, havent rly noticed...

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1790 nc_soldier
Yey, I found out how to disarm ppl. When you sneak up on some1 with cqc lvl 3 and press r1 you will grab them (just as with lvl 1 and 2), while the grab animation is happning you have to let go of r1 and then press r1 again fast and the enemy will lose his weapon :) Its kinda hard to do at first...so to try it in the training mode first would be smart.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#1791 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
In light of the GTA sticky, this thread is getting unstickied. Please try to continue using it, as I'm sure it has lots of good info. Thanks.
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1792 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
NOOOOoo!!!... no more sticky... damn gta >.>