MGS4 / MGO Beta Discussion - ALL discussion kept here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

efc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1701 efc84
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I just dont get MGO, played it for an hour yesterday and didnt like it, rather play COD online and wait for MGS4. What's everyone else's opinion about the game? (MGO looked good from the trailer that came with the Beta)
Mike_1511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1702 Mike_1511
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts

I just dont get MGO, played it for an hour yesterday and didnt like it, rather play COD online and wait for MGS4. What's everyone else's opinion about the game? (MGO looked good from the trailer that came with the Beta)efc84

The beta is freaking awesome!! once u get the hang of it u start having lots of fun.

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1703 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts

I just dont get MGO, played it for an hour yesterday and didnt like it, rather play COD online and wait for MGS4. What's everyone else's opinion about the game? (MGO looked good from the trailer that came with the Beta)efc84

Imo its the best online game on a console, and yes I have cod4 socom and such:) But it might have something to do with the fact that im a huge mgs fan.

Avatar image for UrDaddy96_basic
UrDaddy96_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1704 UrDaddy96_basic
Member since 2002 • 2544 Posts

Its crazy, I never like MGS, but this beta has grown on me. Im more of a halo/cod guy, but something about it just works. At first I didn't like it, but after a hour I would consider it top 10 in online gameplay.

yetiboy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1705 yetiboy15
Member since 2005 • 406 Posts

does everyone use lock on in mgo cause i dont and next to my death count it says that i was killed 36 out of 37 with lock on.

mffmiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1706 mffmiguel
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts
very good game and when all the bugs are worked out, it will be one the best online shooters out there,
hopesfoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1707 hopesfoll
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts

does everyone use lock on in mgo cause i dont and next to my death count it says that i was killed 36 out of 37 with lock on.

yetiboy15

I switch between auto and manual quite frequently depending on the situation and range of the weapon, or if I'm trying to headshot someone.

swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1708 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts
does the game have mic support
Teardrop000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1709 Teardrop000
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts
Yes, it does.
lostsoulsofmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1710 lostsoulsofmn
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts

For me the beta is simply amazing. hey, anyone looking for a clan? Spartans of Metal Gear (S.O.M.G.) is open for tryouts, pm me if you are interested

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1711 Jacboy71
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
I am lovin this game but my god ps3 has the most boring online community I have ever seen nobody has mics which means nobody talks it feels like im playing with bots it definitely takes away from the total game experience.
pillage05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1712 pillage05
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
Yeah, MGO took a LONG while to get into, but once you start understanding everything like SOP...its pretty awesome...btw, I never use lock on....just shoot them in the head....and cardboard box rocks my socks.
pillage05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1713 pillage05

Some times I prefer it that way, to be honest...most people are dumb...they dont use their mics for the good of the team...they use their mics to scream dirty words and tell us how much they love beer and how freakin high they are at this very moment. On cod4 i usually mute everybody i don't know when i get in game. voice chat is more annoying than it is helpful. and sorry, this isn't meant to be racist or anything, but do you ever notice that when you play with black guys, that they like to tell you exactly what they are doing the entire time....."Ahhh, I'm running away, gonna pull out my p90. Yeeeeah, just shot this motha f**ka in the heeead, hey i see you motha fu**a, took a nade to the heead." once again...not trying to be racist, merely stating an observation.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1714 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Outstanding game, definitely my # 1 online shooter once it's released on June 12th. It easily replaced RSV2, COD4 for myself.

It has something really unique and addictive to it, maybe because I'm really enjoying Metal Gear franchise itself. Everything just seems to work well, not to mention graphics are the best I have seen from any online console game. Truly well done. ^_^

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1715 Jacboy71

Some times I prefer it that way, to be honest...most people are dumb...they dont use their mics for the good of the team...they use their mics to scream dirty words and tell us how much they love beer and how freakin high they are at this very moment. On cod4 i usually mute everybody i don't know when i get in game. voice chat is more annoying than it is helpful. and sorry, this isn't meant to be racist or anything, but do you ever notice that when you play with black guys, that they like to tell you exactly what they are doing the entire time....."Ahhh, I'm running away, gonna pull out my p90. Yeeeeah, just shot this motha f**ka in the heeead, hey i see you motha fu**a, took a nade to the heead." once again...not trying to be racist, merely stating an observation.

pillage05

How do you know they are black??? You cant tell some1s race by the sound of their voice...

pillage05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1716 pillage05
[QUOTE="pillage05"]

Jacboy71

How do you know they are black??? You cant tell some1s race by the sound of their voice...

ha...I'm just gonna assume you are joking

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1717 Jacboy71
[QUOTE="Jacboy71"][QUOTE="pillage05"]

pillage05

No I am not. What I said was not funny at all

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1718 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts

I wish, in all these online MPs (especially this one) people would play a game type I'm calling "respect". In this game type, if someone is sneaking up on someone or two people have already engaged in a fire, knife, ect. fight, then any third party watching would respect the heads up fight and not just shoot someone in the back.

Of course i love team tactics and such, but this just sound like it would be fun

bootsfansonly

Are you kidding me, i think one of the sickest things i have done is one of my teammates grapped the guy and held him while a popped some off into his helpless body. I dont know about you guys but never in a game which the killing has felt so gruesome and disturbing inside. For example knifing people to deeath while they are knocked out sleeping. Its nuts. I guess its those cries of death everyone does

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1719 Pablo620
[QUOTE="pillage05"][QUOTE="Jacboy71"][QUOTE="pillage05"]

Jacboy71

I read that guys comment. Just dont waste your time. Its like saying i dont mean to be racist but why is it that hispanics have to be so loud and fat and annoying. Just cause you say i dont meant to be racist DOESNT MEAN YOUR COMMENT ISNT RACIST.

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1720 Pablo620

yetiboy15

I use the over the shoulder view and typically assualt rifles. I got to check that stat out

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1721 Jacboy71
[QUOTE="Jacboy71"][QUOTE="pillage05"][QUOTE="Jacboy71"][QUOTE="pillage05"]

Pablo620

I read that guys comment. Just dont waste your time. Its like saying i dont mean to be racist but why is it that hispanics have to be so loud and fat and annoying. Just cause you say i dont meant to be racist DOESNT MEAN YOUR COMMENT ISNT RACIST.

Lol I know I man couldnt have said it better

SirBeanalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1722 SirBeanalot
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I was really supprised how smooth it ran, (MGO) i mean 16 player online is flawless, no connection problems (apart from hosts disconecting and game ending =[)

I, suprisingly, fired 4 headshots with my sniper rifle in a row, i was like:o But graphics are awesome, i love the realism (i.e. hazy breathing, mud and feet etc)

I hope we don't have to pay for the game monthly when it's released. Oh and also yay MGS4 =D

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1723 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Agree, lots of little details that really bring MGO to life.

There is no worry, it's not going to cost anything to play online. We'll be receiving every few months additional updates with new maps, weapons, customization, etc..

I'm sure there will be some price for those. I have no problem with that. This is not an MMO. :)

SirBeanalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1724 SirBeanalot

I am aware it's not an MMO =]

Just when it siad about the optional payment methods thing when signing up with Konami ID.

But i use a SDTV (small screen) But dang my screen doeesn't half pump out the quality, i don't see no flicker, the detail is amaxing and the contrast is great too (obviously not as good as a HDTV, which i should be getting soon due to eyesight)

But i mean, wow, specially shooting through a window and watching it fall in different ways, i don't care who calls the game a fail, i love it =D (even if it is only a BETA)

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1725 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

I am lovin this game but my god ps3 has the most boring online community I have ever seen nobody has mics which means nobody talks it feels like im playing with bots it definitely takes away from the total game experience. Jacboy71

dude- i have yet to play a match on cod4 where nobody has a mic.....i dont know where you've been.....if your using one and nobody else is, all you have to do is ask if anybody is using one- and 9 times out 10 somebody will turn one on.

Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1726 Jacboy71

[QUOTE="Jacboy71"]I am lovin this game but my god ps3 has the most boring online community I have ever seen nobody has mics which means nobody talks it feels like im playing with bots it definitely takes away from the total game experience. ronniepage588

dude- i have yet to play a match on cod4 where nobody has a mic.....i dont know where you've been.....if your using one and nobody else is, all you have to do is ask if anybody is using one- and 9 times out 10 somebody will turn one on.

Ive been on resistance and metal gear online. I always ask and no one has one your probably have more luck than I, I have met people with mics before but as of now I have never been in a room where more than 2 people have a mic .

The case is that I find it extremely boring while on my other systems someone not having a mic is rare I just like being able to talk to my team and know when im in trouble someone can tell me I have yet to enjoy that on psn.

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1727 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
if ppl find MGO amazing, they must have pretty lowstandards
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1728 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

still getting the 090B00000001 error.....o well....anybody else???

does anyone know what it actually means yet- i heard the stupid "servers are idle but not available to you" answer- but nobody is telling me what exactly THAT means either.

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1729 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
So after having played some matches as -Legendary Hero- Old Snake, i see that the cover system is solely for Snake's octo camo, i really think Konami should reconsider it for the normal players because its to damn slow to be of any use other then sneaking; something you only really need to do as Snake in the single player game or/and invisible on a wall thanks to your camo on MP.
SirBeanalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1730 SirBeanalot

geki i agree there, the stealth cover system is slow and awakward, the time it takes to cover, and then crepeing against the wall when people know your there, and then trying to fire around the corner. Can get anoyying.

And if i think MGO is great and you say i have low standards, i guess that means i will enjoy more games then =] Great for me (Y)

And everyone else like me.

hopesfoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1731 hopesfoll

if ppl find MGO amazing, they must have pretty lowstandardssignore

That's like saying 'if ppl find ketchup delicious they must have pretty low standards.'

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1732 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

[QUOTE="signore"]if ppl find MGO amazing, they must have pretty lowstandardshopesfoll

That's like saying 'if ppl find ketchup delicious they must have pretty low standards.'

No I actually agree with him and I like ketchup. The game has many problems and glitches (Yes its the beta but this game also says alot about MGS4). But anyway where do I report glitches because I have like 4 to report
hopesfoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1733 hopesfoll
[QUOTE="hopesfoll"]

[QUOTE="signore"]if ppl find MGO amazing, they must have pretty lowstandardsavataraang1

No I actually agree with him and I like ketchup. The game has many problems and glitches (Yes its the beta but this game also says alot about MGS4). But anyway where do I report glitches because I have like 4 to report

What I meant was that we all have our own preference and taste. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Some people will find this more enjoyable to them personally than another game that someone else will find marginally better. This is the same with everything else in life. It isn't about right or wrong. It's about enjoying a game. If you don't like it that doesn't necessarily mean others who do have low standards, different things just appeal to them that don't to you.:D

tiffsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1734 tiffsdad
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

can i still get a konami id now?

the site seems not working rite now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1735 avataraang1
[QUOTE="avataraang1"][QUOTE="hopesfoll"]

[QUOTE="signore"]if ppl find MGO amazing, they must have pretty lowstandardshopesfoll

What I meant was that we all have our own preference and taste. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Some people will find this more enjoyable to them personally than another game that someone else will find marginally better. This is the same with everything else in life. It isn't about right or wrong. It's about enjoying a game. If you don't like it that doesn't necessarily mean others who do have low standards, different things just appeal to them that don't to you.:D

So do you know where I can report glitches lol
lostsoulsofmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1736 lostsoulsofmn
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts
ARGH!!! I want to play the new map and as solid snake!!!!!!!!!!! BUT IM STUCK IN CLASS UNTIL 9!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1737 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

I'm having trouble figuring out the cqc, when a sub machine gun or assault riffle is equipped, do you just get "the shove" move, which seems pretty much useless, also the hand gun gives you the 3 hit combo?

Also if you don't have a certain skill equipped, does that mean you can use it during the game at level 1 without leveling it up? or is there a level 0?

knowledge83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1738 knowledge83
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

I'm having trouble figuring out the cqc, when a sub machine gun or assault riffle is equipped, do you just get "the shove" move, which seems pretty much useless, also the hand gun gives you the 3 hit combo?

Also if you don't have a certain skill equipped, does that mean you can use it during the game at level 1 without leveling it up? or is there a level 0?

5FingersOfDeath

sub machin and assault gives u the shove, which if used a couple times will knock ur opponent unconscious, handgun, knife, grenade will let u do the melee 3 hit combo if u press r1 3 times, yes there is a level 0, level 1 is a level up, and u cannot do certain moves without having at least level one equiped, like stabbing and cqc grabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1739 avataraang1

5FingersOfDeath

Cqc moves- Not sure what Level (I have 3 but I dont know how to do disarm)

With a any machine gun or heavy weapon

Any direction + R1 Throw to the floor

R1 shove

With pistol or knife!

Hold R1 to grab press L1 to hold as hostage and shoot.

Grab > Click X> Hold R1 tightly and will Drain Stamina

Grab> Click X> Any direction and quickly press R1 to lay them prone and drain stamina (Not sure if you need level 2)

If you have knife 3 and CqC 1 Grab and click Triangle for slit throat

5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1740 5FingersOfDeath
[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]

knowledge83

sub machin and assault gives u the shove, which if used a couple times will knock ur opponent unconscious, handgun, knife, grenade will let u do the melee 3 hit combo if u press r1 3 times, yes there is a level 0, level 1 is a level up, and u cannot do certain moves without having at least level one equiped, like stabbing and cqc grabs

So certain moves can't be performed if you don't have that skill equipped even tought that skilled is at level 1? some kinda available move list would make things much clearer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1741 avataraang1
[QUOTE="knowledge83"][QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]

5FingersOfDeath

So certain moves can't be performed if you don't have that skill equipped even tought that skilled is at level 1? some kinda available move list would make things much clearer.

So all my hard work for nothing.
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1742 5FingersOfDeath

R1 shove

With pistol or knife!

Grab> Click X> Any direction and quickly press R1 to lay them prone and drain stamina (Not sure if you need level 2)

I was able to do the hostage move on the training dummies, but in a real game would that be really useful, since moving in that position is slow? seems a bit too complicated to pull off, also what if another player kills your hostage? he gets the kill, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1743 avataraang1
[QUOTE="avataraang1"][QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]

5FingersOfDeath

R1 shove

With pistol or knife!

I was able to do the hostage move on the training dummies, but in a real game would that be really useful, since moving in that position is slow? seems a bit too complicated to pull off, also what if another player kills your hostage? he gets the kill, right?

Yeah but thats teamwork and thats all thats important for me. Thats why I say Level up your knife so you can get level 3 and slit throats for instant kills. Join a All knives maych in the custom server lobby. Put cqc and knive techniques on and youll level them to 3 in tops 2 hours
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1744 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
just wanna ask question. Is the MGO good?
hopesfoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1745 hopesfoll

R1 shove

With pistol or knife!

Nicely explained. Thanks. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1746 avataraang1
[QUOTE="avataraang1"][QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]

hopesfoll

R1 shove

With pistol or knife!

Nicely explained. Thanks. :D

:oops:
Urizen5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1747 Urizen5
Member since 2006 • 521 Posts

Anyone else know what skills are only one block at lvl 2 or 3? i just got lvl2 traps and it's only one block. BTW if you see an AlphaRooster...stay off the stairs..BOOM

knowledge83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1748 knowledge83
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Anyone else know what skills are only one block at lvl 2 or 3? i just got lvl2 traps and it's only one block. BTW if you see an AlphaRooster...stay off the stairs..BOOM

Urizen5

no you prob just didnt equip level 2, cuz i believe all the levels are equivalent to their cost

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1749 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Wow.Funny how I'm in the beta and now I just got an email from Playstation Underground saying that I've been invited to test the beta. Lol...I didn't even have to pre-order it weeks ago. Oh well. Anyone else got the email?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1750 avataraang1
When do we get the animal rank thing?