MGS4 / MGO Beta Discussion - ALL discussion kept here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1551 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts
I like the beta but there are some issues with it. How do I provide feed back to Konami??
GFreydson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1552 GFreydson
Member since 2003 • 223 Posts
i dont think it glitch i just think the range is bit to close,
GFreydson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1553 GFreydson
Member since 2003 • 223 Posts
is there anything i should no about, in terms of getting to level 2
noluvv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1554 noluvv
Member since 2002 • 352 Posts

Can someone tell me how to download the newest patch cause i cant log on i keep getting server errors. Im in california.

the_new_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1555 the_new_neo
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
[QUOTE="GFreydson"]

auto aim is up close combat, then there the manual aim, which is for mid-range to long range, but i prefere the first person veiw when shooting mid rannge and manual aim for far distance.

So in a sense I have 3 different aim modes that i prefere to use in different situations. I cqc is still a bit hard, but im getting it

mffmiguel

cqc is the only attack I cannot master, I was wondering is it glitchy or is that hard to use

I don't know man because I'd say 9 out of ten of my kills are linked to a cqc attack in some way.

I don't like the auto-aim or the over-the-shoulder, they're just so not mgs. If I wanted lock-ons and stuff, I would play a different game, but in mgs I expected realistic look-through-the-sights kills, and what do I get? a crosshair, a big stupid unrealistic cross-hair. I think you should be able to swap the controls back to the originals, like square button fire and O button cqc and stuff.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1556 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
[QUOTE="mffmiguel"][QUOTE="GFreydson"]

auto aim is up close combat, then there the manual aim, which is for mid-range to long range, but i prefere the first person veiw when shooting mid rannge and manual aim for far distance.

So in a sense I have 3 different aim modes that i prefere to use in different situations. I cqc is still a bit hard, but im getting it

the_new_neo

cqc is the only attack I cannot master, I was wondering is it glitchy or is that hard to use

I don't know man because I'd say 9 out of ten of my kills are linked to a cqc attack in some way.

I don't like the auto-aim or the over-the-shoulder, they're just so not mgs. If I wanted lock-ons and stuff, I would play a different game, but in mgs I expected realistic look-through-the-sights kills, and what do I get? a crosshair, a big stupid unrealistic cross-hair. I think you should be able to swap the controls back to the originals, like square button fire and O button cqc and stuff.

To get first person aim : L1 and Triangle. Thats how i go around killing stuff with mid - long range weapons.

I mostly use Auto-aim for close range weapons as it seems like the auto aim needs to be skilled up to be better with mid - long range weapons.

CQC is awesome aswell, going behind people and choking them or using them as cover is pure gold.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1557 Krigon

I believe there is a Forum option in the game, where people can post their impressions and stuff.

Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1558 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts

i cant login to the serverGoku87

where are you ? i can't login either, and i'm in latin amerca

gestah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1559 gestah
Member since 2005 • 523 Posts
the beta does not work, konami made an hell of a cofusion on this one
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#1560 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

Makeing my post shorter=P If you dont like MGO its either because: (A) youre playing it wrong, like its cod4 or some other fps, but its not! this is no FPS! This is MGS!! (B) You dont like stealthey games where tactics and teamwork is at the heart of the game.

It is not because the game is bad like many ppl are saying. Its not perfect, but imo, as a fan of mgs since 1998 and of tactical online play since the first socom came out, I can honestly say that this is the best online game on a consloe imo. The only thing i truly think is somewhat bad is the cover system. The system itself is awsome, alot more real then the "push you back up to the wall" which r6 uses, but it needs to be more responsive, it takes forever to lean out and fire a few shots...

nc_soldier

Agreed!! I love the beta and am having a blast!!!

laterdayfilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1562 laterdayfilms
Member since 2006 • 249 Posts

Makeing my post shorter=P If you dont like MGO its either because: (A) youre playing it wrong, like its cod4 or some other fps, but its not! this is no FPS! This is MGS!! (B) You dont like stealthey games where tactics and teamwork is at the heart of the game.

It is not because the game is bad like many ppl are saying. Its not perfect, but imo, as a fan of mgs since 1998 and of tactical online play since the first socom came out, I can honestly say that this is the best online game on a consloe imo. The only thing i truly think is somewhat bad is the cover system. The system itself is awsome, alot more real then the "push you back up to the wall" which r6 uses, but it needs to be more responsive, it takes forever to lean out and fire a few shots...

nc_soldier

Hell ya!

FOX1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1563 FOX1970
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Goku87"]i cant login to the serverFitipali

I am in Puerto Rico i can't login either Dammit
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1564 Krigon
If you wanna leave any feedback to konami, try their forum http://www.konami-data.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=17&page=1
CloudSwift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1565 CloudSwift
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts
[QUOTE="Fitipali"]

[QUOTE="Goku87"]i cant login to the serverFOX1970

I still can't login either and I'm in the U.s.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1566 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Can we get into the same game as our friends on our list? Isthere a way to do it or no? Also, can we make our own games?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1567 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I still say the aiming system is absolute ****. Its so bad that I have started to use Auto-aim which is useless if you arent at least 2 feet away from the enemy. I cant take it anymore. Im going back to COD4 and then GTA4
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1568 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts

What rank do you guys have in mgo?? Im as of right now the 61 best in TDM:D and my server is rated to be the 16 best!! not bad i got to say;) Ofc it might change fast=( since im not playing right now.....so ye, what rank are you guys?

Btw my name is Bumblebee.06 in mgo if you want to take a look;) (and remember im in europe, and i dont think the rankings are worldwide)

edit: my server (when up, which it isnt right now) is also called bumblebee.06. TDM game...4vs4, 4 tickets and 8min time limit and 8 rounds per map (to keep it tactical and stop ppl from the praying and spraying!) I normaly host it in lobby meryl or vamp;) ill have it up again later/tomorrow, maybe ill see some of you online?:)

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1569 nc_soldier
[QUOTE="nc_soldier"]

laterdayfilms

Hell ya!

Nice to see that other ppl agree, im getting sick of comments about how bad this and that is=| ITS awsome ppl! learn to play mgs!=P

Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1570 Fitipali
[QUOTE="FOX1970"][QUOTE="Fitipali"]

[QUOTE="Goku87"]i cant login to the serverCloudSwift

any of you guys did the Tutorial for the Japanesse beta code?

mffmiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1571 mffmiguel
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts
how in the world do I invite friends???
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1572 MusashiSensi

how in the world do I invite friends???mffmiguel

GOOD QUESTION!

Raijian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1573 Raijian
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

MGS should stay single player.

Never ever.. EVER again I hope do they improve or make another metal gear online system.

The single player will be good, end of story.

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1574 nc_soldier
come on share your rankings ppl! again, as of a while ago (havent played for an hour or so) im the 61 best in TDM and my server is ranked as the 16 best! whats your rank?
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1575 MusashiSensi

come on share your rankings ppl! again, as of a while ago (havent played for an hour or so) im the 61 best in TDM and my server is ranked as the 16 best! whats your rank?nc_soldier

Nobody cares about ranks. We're just playing to have fun.

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1576 nc_soldier

[QUOTE="nc_soldier"]come on share your rankings ppl! again, as of a while ago (havent played for an hour or so) im the 61 best in TDM and my server is ranked as the 16 best! whats your rank?MusashiSensi

Nobody cares about ranks. We're just playing to have fun.

Ofc ppl play to have fun, so do I. I normaly dont care at all because i normaly dont have a very good rank, but i have a rather good rank now, and that adds some fun to it...but just my opinion..

FOX1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1577 FOX1970
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="CloudSwift"][QUOTE="FOX1970"][QUOTE="Fitipali"]

[QUOTE="Goku87"]i cant login to the serverFitipali

what tutorial????
zspec562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1578 zspec562
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts
what the hell is the site for the MGO community, can you only access it in the game? i cant find it anywhere
Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1579 Fitipali
[QUOTE="Fitipali"][QUOTE="CloudSwift"][QUOTE="FOX1970"][QUOTE="Fitipali"]

[QUOTE="Goku87"]i cant login to the serverFOX1970

what tutorial????

haha that proves you are not one of the tutorials guy. it was a tutorial that was on the web, to get a free japanesse beta code, through a japanese Konami page, the tutorial told what to do because there wasn't anything understandable there. after some days Konami sent an email telling that the ID was deleted because of Illegal reason( i didn't know it was illegal).

Then i heard there was a Open Code signing stuff one day, i registered there and got a valid Legal code, wich is awesome, but now i can't play the beta, so i was worried about that, because i didn't putted the same e-mail, but i thought there was a way to Konami to find out. i guess i was being paranoid

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1580 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
for the moment i find it meh just because I know it's a very team based game and being a lone ranger (until i find a clan..) it's just like COD4 at a slower pace (everyone is running around trying to find something to shoot :roll: . But just a question... Is it just me or doing hand to hand is very annoying? i end up missing 80 % of the time. It's funny on reflection just cuz it turns into a flaling battle between two enemies :lol: . In any case If your interested to play this game the way it's supposed to be, PM me ;)
knowledge83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1581 knowledge83
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts
is there sneaking mode on the beta????? can we play as old snake in the beta?
knowledge83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1582 knowledge83
and how do we know our rank?
adam_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1583 adam_53
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts

IMO, they should fix

-the cqc mele combat. its awkward and clunky.

-certain animations need work. like how slowly u come to a stand after ascending a ladder

-get rid of the arc thing with grenades. id personally like it so much better if u could throw it like cod4. the llonger, the farther

a sprint button. PLEASE. ik eveyones gonna flame me n say its all team work but wen u cant finda man launcher n the fites on the other side of the map its dumb to hafta walk so slow to get there.

-make shooting from the hip. i feel like its hard to do, but the only time u shoot is wen its over the shoulder, which slows down ur pace, which makes u a sitting duck. u should b able to shoot without over the shoulder, and wen u do over the shoudler the recticle gets smaller or something idk. its annoying to hafta slow down and aim to shoot imo

thatsa bout it. i mean, ik itsa beta and id buy it as is, id just like if these could be fixed in the final version itd b much better off. i love the game, just those little things would make a world of difference in the long run, i think

SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1584 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
when u rank up cqc can u cut a guys throat?
superox12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1585 superox12000
Member since 2005 • 156 Posts

cant wait wish i was in the beta

knowledge83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1586 knowledge83

when u rank up cqc can u cut a guys throat?SuperMario254

no thats level 3 of knife mastery

SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1587 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
then what do i get with cqc? or is there a page i can go 2 that will tell me what rank does what?
mffmiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1588 mffmiguel
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts
does anyone know how I can invite a friend to a game ????
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1589 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

is there sneaking mode on the beta????? can we play as old snake in the beta?knowledge83

No Snake.

OatmealKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1590 OatmealKing
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts
ok ive been tryin to play the new cod4 maps but it never joins a new map....wtf is anyone out there playin them...????
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1591 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts
for online when it ask for a Game ID, is the same as my PSN ID right?
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1592 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts
how do you ground choke someone what level of CQC is that when you choke them while laying ontop of them as there on the ground.
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1593 nc_soldier

IMO, they should fix

-the cqc mele combat. its awkward and clunky.

-certain animations need work. like how slowly u come to a stand after ascending a ladder

-get rid of the arc thing with grenades. id personally like it so much better if u could throw it like cod4. the llonger, the farther

a sprint button. PLEASE. ik eveyones gonna flame me n say its all team work but wen u cant finda man launcher n the fites on the other side of the map its dumb to hafta walk so slow to get there.

-make shooting from the hip. i feel like its hard to do, but the only time u shoot is wen its over the shoulder, which slows down ur pace, which makes u a sitting duck. u should b able to shoot without over the shoulder, and wen u do over the shoudler the recticle gets smaller or something idk. its annoying to hafta slow down and aim to shoot imo

thatsa bout it. i mean, ik itsa beta and id buy it as is, id just like if these could be fixed in the final version itd b much better off. i love the game, just those little things would make a world of difference in the long run, i think

adam_53

I, as a huge mgs fan understand what you are saying here, and alot of ppl are saying more or less the same things. But what you and all those ppl dont understand is that this is what mgs is now, and what it has allways been. And as i've said before any1 who has played mgs1/2/3 knows that pretty much every abillity is easier to use in mgo then it has ever been before. Somethings like the animations i agree with, but all the gameplay stuff you and others want to change would change the game to much! It wouldnt be a metal gear game any more! Many of you guys are pretty much saying "this is my idea of the perfect online tps, why cant they make it like that?" But its not supposed to be your perfect online tps, its supposed to be mgs online, and mgo is exactly that! They've done a great job! And i and many other mgs fans love it the way it is! (but its not perfect, as you said, some animations and some other small stuff should get some minor fixes)

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1594 nc_soldier

how do you ground choke someone what level of CQC is that when you choke them while laying ontop of them as there on the ground.Nolan16

Im not sure, but i think you can do it from lvl 1. (i first figured out how to do it while i was lvl 2) You just grab a dude, sit down. then push the left analogstick in one direction and tap the r1 button...(do it at the same time)

Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1595 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

for online when it ask for a Game ID, is the same as my PSN ID right?TheShadowLord07

Nonononono, you would need to get a Konami id/ Game id, there should be a link of it on the Beta, also remember that in the game you would need yet ANOTHER id for your character.... yes it's a hassle, but it is a fun game.

knowledge83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1596 knowledge83
level 3 of cqc lets you disarm the other guy, level 3 knife lets you slit throat and to choke on the ground you hold, then push crouch, then real quick let go of r1 and then hold r1 and push right or left on the analog
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1597 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts

level 3 of cqc lets you disarm the other guy, level 3 knife lets you slit throat and to choke on the ground you hold, then push crouch, then real quick let go of r1 and then hold r1 and push right or left on the analogknowledge83

on level 3 CQC do you get any new flip moves or ground tosses?

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1598 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
Anyone know what ALL the medals mean?
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1599 metal_gear269
Member since 2005 • 590 Posts
I, as a huge mgs fan understand what you are saying here, and alot of ppl are saying more or less the same things. But what you and all those ppl dont understand is that this is what mgs is now, and what it has allways been. And as i've said before any1 who has played mgs1/2/3 knows that pretty much every abillity is easier to use in mgo then it has ever been before. Somethings like the animations i agree with, but all the gameplay stuff you and others want to change would change the game to much! It wouldnt be a metal gear game any more! Many of you guys are pretty much saying "this is my idea of the perfect online tps, why cant they make it like that?" But its not supposed to be your perfect online tps, its supposed to be mgs online, and mgo is exactly that! They've done a great job! And i and many other mgs fans love it the way it is! (but its not perfect, as you said, some animations and some other small stuff should get some minor fixes)nc_soldier
No, it wouldn't change the spirit of the game, it would make it better. Firing from the hip is something we've been able to do in other MGS games, why not this one? And I myself am a MASSIVE fan of MGS, but even I think you're bordering on obsessive fanboyism. And does anyone know if the final retail version of MGO will use the PSN ID? Or will it use the Konami ID?
Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1600 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts
what are the icons next to people's names?