Little Big Planet Worldwide Recall - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

I just find it a little disappointing, that Sony has a clear double standard, they didn't show the Church of England any respect, when they where offended by Resistance 1.

Personally I don't care how sensitive Sony wants to be, but double standards always bother me.

Nene33

No no no. The church SUE Sony immediately. With LBP a beta tester asked Sony to remove it because it would offend people. What Sony did was simple : covering their asses and MM's.

Besides removing the church from the game would be messing with a key element of the level and the story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#152 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
[QUOTE="Nene33"]

I just find it a little disappointing, that Sony has a clear double standard, they didn't show the Church of England any respect, when they where offended by Resistance 1.

Personally I don't care how sensitive Sony wants to be, but double standards always bother me.

rogerjak

No no no. The church SUE Sony immediately. With LBP a beta tester asked Sony to remove it because it would offend people. What Sony did was simple : covering their asses and MM's.

Besides removing the church from the game would be messing with a key element of the level and the story.

That was a very fun part of the game
lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

here's the news :

Muslims thanks sony and media molecule by sending them an appreciation letter ..

Dear Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule…

After the petition Muslims wrote to you about the offending song which contained some of the Holy Quran verses included in the lyrics in the game you developed and produced Little Big Planet™, you respectfully and immediately replied and reacted to those petitions .

We would like to thank you gratefully for this move, which shows and reflects the GREAT respect you have toward other religions .

Thank you Sony and thank you Media Molecule.

btw i'm a Muslim myself and i hated all this bs ,some of them saw it offending whle others don't...

Choisi

everyone have their own 2cents and we need to find the maximum common divisor

eshploded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 eshploded
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hey, can anybody give me a guess of how many good playerlevels will be made a week/day?

Your opinion matters. Thanks.

hxa155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 hxa155

I am Muslim myself. The reason why some Muslims find it offensive is because some kinds of music are unlawful to us. It's not offensive in nature that it includes quotes from the Holy Qur'an, it's inappropriate, that's all. We try to seperate these things from relegious things, and the idiot who wrote the song obviously didn't. I'm amazed how did these guys find out about this. It's not even in freakin' Arabic. I think it's in some kind of West African language or something. I tried listening to it, but I couldn't understand a freakin' word.

Anyway, I'm disappointed about the delay. I wish they could have just released a patch. *sigh*

SneakySnake151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 SneakySnake151
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts

Photobucket

by the way i live i dubai which is islamic country and i just bought the game

coold_steam
umm Dubai is not a country. its a city in the United Arab Emirates. And i believe it isn't entirely an Islamic "city." Some people there are Hindus and quite a few people who live there are Americans. And if you bought the game, then go play it. this thread is for people who don't have it because of the recall. you don't need to throw it in our face and brag about how you live in a great city with a game that very few people in the world have right now! gtfo mf-er!
Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts
im a muslim living in HK and now i am completely unsure of when i can get my hands on this game... i am very dissapointed about the delay... i wasnt offended by them putting the verses in the song... they put christian stuff in everything... so yah idk it sux argh ill still go to the store in 2 days maybe they'll be selling it as i dont think the recall covers HK
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Sony obviously did this on purpose to create some heat for the game. Now everybody is talking about it. Those evil masterminds!
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
[QUOTE="Nene33"]

rogerjak

They didn't sue Sony, they considered it, they wanted Sony to pull the game, which they didn't, and Sony clearly stated, they had no plan of changing, or pulling the game.

And a double-standard is a double-standard, no matter how hard it would be, to change the element that offended people.

Alex_grist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#161 Alex_grist
Member since 2007 • 631 Posts
Sure they can! A 0 Day patch would work 100% but they are worried for the people who don't have the internet.... What gets me if they don't have the internet how to they plan on complaining?
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Sure they can! A 0 Day patch would work 100% but they are worried for the people who don't have the internet.... What gets me if they don't have the internet how to they plan on complaining?Alex_grist
Phones...letters.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
i wonder what would have happened if they put a burning cross or such hating on christians i bet they wouldnt have recalled it then i hate double standards. But i have the game and its amazing no online yet but i got fable 2 and R2 beta to hold me till the 27th. Plus persona 3 (gosh i need to beat this game already)
blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 blazndragon0
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
Boo recall =[
slyr114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 slyr114
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
ive called all stores so far and all still say 21 trtger bestbuy blocksuster microcenter etc all still sayt 21
Nathan-Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#166 Nathan-Hale
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts
[QUOTE="coold_steam"]

Photobucket

by the way i live i dubai which is islamic country and i just bought the game

SneakySnake151

umm Dubai is not a country. its a city in the United Arab Emirates. And i believe it isn't entirely an Islamic "city." Some people there are Hindus and quite a few people who live there are Americans. And if you bought the game, then go play it. this thread is for people who don't have it because of the recall. you don't need to throw it in our face and brag about how you live in a great city with a game that very few people in the world have right now! gtfo mf-er!

dude calm down...

Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

Having listened to a clip of this awesome track on the internet, I think that it will be a true shame if they give it any significant changes. An even greater shame, though, is the fact that anyone even decided to use these specific quotes in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the use of quotes from exotic, non-English holy texts is certainly an excellent way to add flavor to this game's vibrant soundtrack, but using those that discuss how "every soul shall have the taste of death" or "all that is on earth will perish" is entirely inappropriate for the context of this family-friendly platformer – even if the vast majority of the fanbase will be clueless as to what these Arabic quotations mean.

I'm unsure of whether or now every spoken line in this track has to do with apocalyptic prophecies, but even so, if they truly had to quote the Qur'an, then why couldn't they have chosen more cheerful lines about peace, God's love, or whatever else to complement the upbeat nature of the game? Not only is some person's thoughtlessness causing us to wait another week to get our hands on the Playstation's next killer app, but one of the most interesting-sounding components of this game's soundtrack might end up being removed entirely.

I can only pray that this sweet track doesn't suffer from any drastic alterations.

Avatar image for stevesurdaddy12
stevesurdaddy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#168 stevesurdaddy12
Member since 2006 • 373 Posts
this is the worst news of the past few months for me ( Video game wise) i just bought Brother in Arms, Dead Space, and Socom so now i can work on playin those, but still, i was planning on playing Fable 2 and LBP for the next week all day :( but now i cant
lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
Sure they can! A 0 Day patch would work 100% but they are worried for the people who don't have the internet.... What gets me if they don't have the internet how to they plan on complaining?Alex_grist
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="Nene33"]

Nene33

They didn't sue Sony, they considered it, they wanted Sony to pull the game, which they didn't, and Sony clearly stated, they had no plan of changing, or pulling the game.

And a double-standard is a double-standard, no matter how hard it would be, to change the element that offended people.

guess you don't quite understand the word "standard" , eit? If one is tough to achieve and the other one is NOT, then different treatments ain't no DOUBLE-standards.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts

i wonder what would have happened if they put a burning cross or such hating on christians i bet they wouldnt have recalled it then i hate double standards. But i have the game and its amazing no online yet but i got fable 2 and R2 beta to hold me till the 27th. Plus persona 3 (gosh i need to beat this game already)njean777

That would take like, 10 seconds to make in the actual game.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

[QUOTE="njean777"]i wonder what would have happened if they put a burning cross or such hating on christians i bet they wouldnt have recalled it then i hate double standards. But i have the game and its amazing no online yet but i got fable 2 and R2 beta to hold me till the 27th. Plus persona 3 (gosh i need to beat this game already)rockguy92

That would take like, 10 seconds to make in the actual game.

I know

KingFrostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#172 KingFrostman
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
This is perfect, now i cn pick up LBP and Fallout 3 in one trip.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Nene33
[QUOTE="Alex_grist"]Sure they can! A 0 Day patch would work 100% but they are worried for the people who don't have the internet.... What gets me if they don't have the internet how to they plan on complaining?lhbchen
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="Nene33"]

Nene33

guess you don't quite understand the word "standard" , eit? If one is tough to achieve and the other one is NOT, then different treatments ain't no DOUBLE-standards.

You don't know what you're talking about, respecting one religion's sensitivities, and disregarding another religion's sensitivities IS A DOUBLE-STANDARD!!!

Definition of Double-standard: The situation of two or more groups, one of whom is excused from following a standard generally regarded as applying to all groups.

Which means, if you're telling one religion to get over, what they perceive as abuse of something holy to them, you should tell all religions to get over it, any exception is a double-standard.

mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#175 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

oh.. im dissapointed now, i was looking forward to playing this.

stupid... sillly rel....

rayjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 rayjapan
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

Religious discussions aside, is anyone surprised that Sony think they can recall all the discs that are waiting to be distributed, write new discs, swap the discs, re-wrap them all and send them back to the distributors...all in 2 weeks? I didn't think any company could accomplished this...sounds optimistic?Clearly this was no accident. At least someone had to speak the lines and must knew where they came from. Someone should be fired for this as it sounds like the management might not have known (too ignorant to know another language besides English :) ), but someone down the chain knew what they were doing... I'd like to hear why they did it...
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Nene33

Religious discussions aside, is anyone surprised that Sony think they can recall all the discs that are waiting to be distributed, write new discs, swap the discs, re-wrap them all and send them back to the distributors...all in 2 weeks? I didn't think any company could accomplished this...sounds optimistic?Clearly this was no accident. At least someone had to speak the lines and must knew where they came from. Someone should be fired for this as it sounds like the management might not have known (too ignorant to know another language besides English :) ), but someone down the chain knew what they were doing... I'd like to hear why they did it...rayjapan

Here's a GS update on when LBP will release

[UPDATE 3]: Quotations from the Qur'an in soundtrack prompt sudden delay of Sony's platformer; US getting revised version next week, EMEA from November 3.

But yeah, that does sound a little over-optimistic.

Everyone in Europe/Australia won't be able to get the game until Nov. 3rd. :?, and the advised retail of €80 :shock: :cry: is disgraceful, since the US version will be $59.99

HolmesSPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 HolmesSPH
http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/blog/2008/10/little-big-planet-recall/
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points