Little Big Planet Worldwide Recall - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="gryphonfeather"]Plus, I regularly make a habit of translating background chanting in all of the songs I hear... just in case there something back there I can find to be offended about. emitsu97

I'm still working on Locoroco. I can't seem to figure out the true meaning behind the "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

It means "you'll die a painful and slow death, lololololol".. I don't play that game anymore :?

jtemplegarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 jtemplegarage
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

I'll admit, I'm seriously upset that I'll have to wait even LONGER to play LBP again (bring back the beta!), I do think Sony made the right decision here. Yes, this should have been caught earlier - but you can say that about pretty much every mistake; that's kind of what MAKES it a MISTAKE. Sony's giving up a good week (or more) worth of sales just to avoid offending a large religious group - that had to be a rough decision to make, and I applaud them for it.

But I'll applaud them more if they get the lead out and get LBP in my hands faster, whether it's beta or just a quick turnaround on the new discs!

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
Anyone else get the automated call from Gamestop about the delay?
gryphonfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 gryphonfeather
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts
Unfortunately.... ... .... .... yes.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
no big deal, its only a week.
Mr_KMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 Mr_KMG
Member since 2003 • 2971 Posts
wow looks like sony has gone full out to support muslims I just got a 180 bann from the forum
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I'm going to go to my local BestBuy who is really slow at these things, get the original copy, and keep it - knowing that what I have is completely uncensored ;)
chrisp003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 chrisp003
Member since 2008 • 358 Posts
recall? wtf:? any ways maybe they might make it better? bring the 9/10 to 10/10?
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

recall? wtf:? any ways maybe they might make it better? bring the 9/10 to 10/10? chrisp003

The game is done and they just need to remove something which some people find it offencive.

chrisp003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 chrisp003
Member since 2008 • 358 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisp003"]recall? wtf:? any ways maybe they might make it better? bring the 9/10 to 10/10? Star650

The game is done and they just need to remove something which some people find it offencive.

2day is the 17th and some pplz have the game... when its suppose to come out on the 21st but now its recall and comming out on the 28th im so cunfused and what do people find so offencive?

squozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 squozen
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I hope the (lone?) complainer about this is happy. I also hope the devout Muslim musician that is going to lose out on royalties for millions of copies of his song being licensed is equally delighted.
wgzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 wgzs
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

man bad news, I would sugest going to a small game store I picked up my copy at the local game force today.

to people who already have it, if you wanna play add me. my psn is dontbackspace

brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I'm going to go to my local BestBuy who is really slow at these things, get the original copy, and keep it - knowing that what I have is completely uncensored ;)hazelnutman

No, it's called limited edition. :lol: I'm going to try the same thing because I pre-ordered it there and I called this morning and they said it would be released on the 21st...

AnthonyLuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 AnthonyLuu
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts
Now I want it even more.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

this is crap for two reasons: 1. who gives a ^$*% if theres lines from the quaran in there? who CARES? ik the translations a little heavy but would anyone know any better if we heard it? NO. im sry but my ancient arabics a little rusty. and second of all, itsa sad world we live in if a GLOBAL RECALL hasta happen onna game bc it quotes some mean lines from a religious text. i mean, there was apolcalyptic norse mythology in max payne.....and it was just like rockstar or whoever developed that game thought; no one cares.

adam_53

Best QFT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-58319077a6477

The man behind the complaint apologizes for delaying the game a week.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/17/rumour-man-behind-littlebigplanet-quran-content-complaint-apologises-for-delay/

brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 brandojones
I wonder if they will have an open beta/demo since it's delayed... probably not I suppose...
Volvagia224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Volvagia224
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hey some guy already recorded everything the game has to offer O_O:

http://www.gameanyone.com/game/PS3/1392.html

looks like he got it from somewhere as i don't think it's possible to burn ps3 games? :s

anyway thought i'd tell you guys incase you were interested in it. :)

LordSunday12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LordSunday12
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts

Fine with me thats when I could buy it .

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]wow, alot of immature jokers on this thread. It hasnt even been delayed that long. Religion shouldnt be put in games, its contraversial, its that simple. enygma500

it shouldn't matter is all that everyone is saying. all that stuff like this does is help to promote rascism. we want equalitity between all peoples and yet do things like this. i say put it out anyways and tell people to suck it up. its like the blacks, sorry african americans, being offended by RE5. they're saying that you kill a bunch of black people...OF COURSE YOU DO, THE GAME IS SET IN AFRIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nobody cared when the zombies were white. ugh what is this world coming to

Actually more white people complained than black us blacks don't really care or at lest the black people who will actually play the game most of my favorite movies ore a bunch of black people getting killed.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]Sorry, but those defending MM for their error is pathetic. Even if they didn't know what was said in that track they should of researched before making any agreement in puttin the track into the game, then declare that the game is GOLD. This is ridiculous.gryphonfeather

Yes, you are oh, so right! I mean... who would not think that including a song WRITTEN BY A DEVOUT MUSLIM that WON A GRAMMY and GOT PRAISE FROM THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY would offend SAME SAID COMMUNITY? What were they thinking? How could they not make the logical leap that seems oh, so clear now.

Plus, I regularly make a habit of translating background chanting in all of the songs I hear... just in case there something back there I can find to be offended about.

OK forget what I said last time THIS IS THE BEST QFT EVER!!!!

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
I bought it off of the website provided by gamespot earlier today when i first saw the article so i should hopefully be getting it tomorrow
tlc1145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 tlc1145
Member since 2004 • 305 Posts

Okay Sony, you're bad. Make it good by reducing the initial price.

This is BS.

SouL-AsyluM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 SouL-AsyluM
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
i already got the game... what happens then? will it work if i want to go online?
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
i already got the game... what happens then? will it work if i want to go online?SouL-AsyluM
Not until the servers go live, sometime between now and the 27th-ish.
SouL-AsyluM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SouL-AsyluM
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
ye i know the online isnt up yet, im only playin the single player... but there wont be any problems with the game rite? i mean im guessin i will be able to play like everyone else on the 27th?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-58319077a6477

ye i know the online isnt up yet, im only playin the single player... but there wont be any problems with the game rite? i mean im guessin i will be able to play like everyone else on the 27th?SouL-AsyluM

I don't think there will be a problem, they are removing a song so I don't think it will effect your game, but this is what I think.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Actually guys, you would happen to know that this was not offensive to Islam and I explain this in details in my blog. BTW I'm a Muslim and I know my religion enough to know when it's being offended. I think it's important to take 2 mins to read my blog post to understand enough about it from a Muslim's point of view before developing any hate.

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#132 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
It sucks that LittleBigPlanet had to get recalled. But honestly even as much as I want to play this game, I can wait for it to be released.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
You figure they would've known. Most middle eastern religions are so sacred that they even get mad if you say their god's name. Never mind doing anything else with it. Didn't they hear the news when Wikipedia had a page about Muhammad a few months back? If they don't like it, why can't people just leave it alone? This is the kind of attention LBP didn't need and now it's delayed...
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Actually guys, you would happen to know that this was not offensive to Islam and I explain this in details in my blog. BTW I'm a Muslim and I know my religion enough to know when it's being offended. I think it's important to take 2 mins to read my blog post to understand enough about it from a Muslim's point of view before developing any hate.

lebanese_boy

There shouldn't be any hate for one thing. But also, every religion in the world has it's group of extremists and those that make excuses and point fingers. The problem is, people judge it as "all of them are like that" despite looking at their own religion. It the same bigotry "I'm right, you're wrong because you're different". Mexican politicians groaned about Ghost Recon 2 for the fact that you were fighting Mexican rebels. There's always going some screw job out there that loves to mess things up.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#135 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
you can buy this game right now off newegg and get it to you within the week
brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 brandojones
Best Buy totally removed Littlebigplanet from their site and Amazon has the release date for November 4th... Maybe this is a sign for me to not buy this game.:(
Choisi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Choisi

here's the news :

Muslims thanks sony and media molecule by sending them an appreciation letter ..

Dear Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule…

After the petition Muslims wrote to you about the offending song which contained some of the Holy Quran verses included in the lyrics in the game you developed and produced Little Big Planet™, you respectfully and immediately replied and reacted to those petitions .

We would like to thank you gratefully for this move, which shows and reflects the GREAT respect you have toward other religions .

Thank you Sony and thank you Media Molecule.

btw i'm a Muslim myself and i hated all this bs ,some of them saw it offending whle others don't...

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

here's the news :

Muslims thanks sony and media molecule by sending them an appreciation letter ..

After the petition Muslims wrote to you about the offending song which contained some of the Holy Quran verses included in the lyrics in the game you developed and produced Little Big Planet™, you respectfully and immediately replied and reacted to those petitions .

We would like to thank you gratefully for this move, which shows and reflects the GREAT respect you have toward other religions .

btw i'm a Muslim myself and i hated all this bs ,some of them saw it offending whle others don't...

Choisi
If this is true, then Sony just got itself an whole lot of good publicity.
saintpatrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 saintpatrice
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
[QUOTE="Choisi"]

here's the news :

rogerjak

If this is true, then Sony just got itself an whole lot of good publicity.

Would be awesome if it worked out that way.

My local Hasting's got their copies of the game in today, i wonder what Sony plans to do about the already shipped copies of the game?

I would love to have this game on time, but i think it's a good idea to postpone it.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 jeremiah06

[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]jeremiah06

Are you serious I got a mod for that STATING THE FACTS that's why this site sucks

Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts
in which level is the quran soundtrack?i have the game and im muslim i wanna see if its offencive or so(wont be a racist i promise :D)btw message it for me
Alchemist_X59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Alchemist_X59
Member since 2004 • 68 Posts

Stupid recall.

Makes the wait for LBP a liitle bit unbearable D:

Oh well

byrdcjb100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#143 byrdcjb100
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

Its a shame that it was recalled but we can all wait

PSN ID: drillinator :P

Nathan-Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#144 Nathan-Hale
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts
Im not offended by the lines but i understand some other muslims might be because it was backed by music but the reason they're taking them out is so that it doesn't put a bad image on their company. I wished they would just release a patch but unfortunately not everybody has internet. Oh well i can hold off for 1 week i guess... just keep playing warhawk.
blitzed7887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 blitzed7887
I understand why? i understand it all!!! but really americans learned to tolerate religous stuff like that why cant they? why are they special? i have the up most respect for other religons but that doesnt mean im going to change something just for that religon if they dont like it? yea it was a slip up on MM part but its sony overall over dramatizing it! (like always) i feel that there should be an OPEN DEMO for all! we at least deserve that much! waited to long for a minor thing like a song that will offend the hundreds of muslim gamers compared to dissappointing hundreds of thousands of the rest of the LBP community! sony needs to right us by what they did to the rest of us...yes im sure the muslims are happily waiting for the game to be fixed, but the rest of us need somthing to keep us from pulling are hair out at sony once again! Thanks MM for your great game i cant wait to play it!!!! not so much thanks to sony as to blowing this situation up!!!! im still a loyal LBP fan and cant wait but i cant help but feel that ive been wronged in this process(im sure im not the only one!!) just like the muslims feel wronged about that song...so i feel sony should make it up to me/us the rest of the community!! thanks for reading sorry i had to get that off my chest!!
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

I just find it a little disappointing, that Sony has a clear double standard, they didn't show the Church of England any respect, when they where offended by Resistance 1.

Personally I don't care how sensitive Sony wants to be, but double standards always bother me.

Josh645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Josh645
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
that sucks..
coold_steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#149 coold_steam
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

Photobucket

by the way i live i dubai which is islamic country and i just bought the game

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
Yeah, there are quite a few mom and pop shop in the US still selling the game as well. If you really try hard I'm sure you could find a copy.