Little Big Planet Worldwide Recall - ALL DISCUSSION HERE

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

macfaelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 macfaelan
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

well, its dumb that we need to lump all LBP discussion to this thread because most ppl dont read this threads.

Anyways,,, you can still get LBP on release if you preorder the game (or already have). Unfortunately GS admins are anal about 'thread congestion' and most ppl wont know this and will miss out. My thread on the subject was already locked

PRE-ORDER THE GAME AND GET IT ON RELEASE!

signore

yes i feel ur pain lol. i made a poll asking who was offended by the content and that got locked, well how are we supposed to find out the percentage of people offended from this single thread? ridiculous

hm360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 hm360
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts

This is a bit bizarre in my opinion. A song is a song. It's a licensed song at that, so isn't the artist responsible for whatever offense it is committing?

I believe this is similar to an article I read in the Official Playstation Magazine here, that RE5 was accused of being racist since the African villagers turn into zombies or something similar to that (not an RE fan, only briefly read the article)

I live in the UK so we wouldn't get the game until the 24th anyway, but I'll definitely be checking up with my local GAME to see whether they received their shipment and if they are sending their stock back.

Avatar image for SuperChargerboy
SuperChargerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 SuperChargerboy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

No one really cares about this game anyway. Who cares about 'making your own level'??? Whats so cool about that???? Nothing. This gamewont even sell 100,000 copies. I had the Wii so i've played this game in some form or other already. I'm sick of games like this thats why i sold my Wii.

This game is a cute gimmick.

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
Offically in from Sony: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/17/littlebigplanet-release-update/
macfaelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 macfaelan
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

This is a bit bizarre in my opinion. A song is a song. It's a licensed song at that, so isn't the artist responsible for whatever offense it is committing?

I believe this is similar to an article I read in the Official Playstation Magazine here, that RE5 was accused of being racist since the African villagers turn into zombies or something similar to that (not an RE fan, only briefly read the article)

I live in the UK so we wouldn't get the game until the 24th anyway, but I'll definitely be checking up with my local GAME to see whether they received their shipment and if they are sending their stock back.

hm360

it makes me sick, resident evil 5 is set in africa ffs, there are black people in africa! how is it racist? none of this fuss was brought up when it was set in spain and there was crap loads of spanish zombies. the real racists are the people who accuse things like this of being racist because they would have no problem if it was a village full of white people, so obviously these people who cry "racist" all the time are the real racists as they are the ones who do not see every1 as equal!

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

o right, but these lines still came from the Qu'ran? i havnt read it so i dont know. i am guessing these lines have been taken out of context, maybe they make more sense when taken in context... we can only hope so any way macfaelan

The content in question was in 2 songs used for background music that were licensed from a record label for use in the game. Imo, the lines are more philosphical than religious, but then again religion is arguably devotion to living one's life according to a particular philosophy.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

About the MGS4 "thing"..... I don't see that any of you mods made an official discussion stickied... - _-

spazzx625

Right...We didn't but probably should have.

No reason not to...right?

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

So the gamespot news said you can still get the game here http://www.ncsx.com/2008/101308/ncs1013f.htm if you order by 4pm.

I want the original...do you think it could have any compatibility issues? with patches they may change? Also this site throws around the word import enough to make me worry. Anybody think it's legit? And that it would work on any console in America?

[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

About the MGS4 "thing"..... I don't see that any of you mods made an official discussion stickied... - _-

WR_Platinum

Go to Ask the mods. Quit hijacking the thread to try and give the mods crap.

ozmatic77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ozmatic77
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
kind of ironic, ppl in the middle east like me already have the game since the release date was broken, and as a muslim i really took no offense as well as the other ppl who have this game already...this is nothing compared to the whole danish cartoon fiasco which actually was offensive...i see nothing in the words offending or attacking islam...
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 emitsu97

So the gamespot news said you can still get the game here http://www.ncsx.com/2008/101308/ncs1013f.htm if you order by 4pm.

I want the original...do you think it could have any compatibility issues? with patches they may change? Also this site throws around the word import enough to make me worry. Anybody think it's legit? And that it would work on any console in America?

Mau-Justice

Too much up in the air, I'm gonna play it safe and wait. What will I ever do with only 5 other games to play? :cry:

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 emitsu97

kind of ironic, ppl in the middle east like me already have the game since the release date was broken, and as a muslim i really took no offense as well as the other ppl who have this game already...this is nothing compared to the whole danish cartoon fiasco which actually was offensive...i see nothing in the words offending or attacking islam...ozmatic77

I believe most are of the same mind set. However, it's always those few that are looking to find something that cause all the trouble. It sucks it's always a few that ruin it for the many.

ozmatic77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ozmatic77
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

Mau-Justice

bro i came back to the middle east for a few months with my ntsc ps3...and i got lbp early...nothing wrong with it looks and works fine...and sony only has to cut out one song, if there is a problem in the future i'm sure sony will allow ppl to return their original copy for a newer one.

DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
It's only getting delayed till the 27th. No biggie.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

emitsu97

Too much up in the air, I'm gonna play it safe and wait. What will I ever do with only 5 other games to play? :cry:

True, it's not me being the impatient one. It's my girlfriend. She never cares about games, but she's obsessed with this one. Harrassing me to get it now, because they say they would have it to you by tomorrow.

I don't want to spend 60$ on an import...

Edit: Ok it's not an import. It has an American flag next to it. The imports have Japan's.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 emitsu97

True, it's not me being the impatient one. It's my girlfriend. She never cares about games, but she's obsessed with this one. Harrassing me to get it now, because they say they would have it to you by tomorrow.

Mau-Justice

Tell her it's delayed but Sony is sending out Chia Sacks as an apology. Buy a hacky sack and tell her to water it every day. That should keep her interested long enough for LBP to roll around without her having a fit about it...:| Or buy her jewelry.

ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts

It's only getting delayed till the 27th. No biggie.DJCUEBALL

It will be later in Europe:cry:

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WR_Platinum

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"][QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

Mau-Justice

Go to Ask the mods. Quit hijacking the thread to try and give the mods crap.

Read the first post again.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

I called my local game stop and they didnt even knw about the recall and theyre still having a midnight release

so im a getting an ultra super collectors edition haha

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

emitsu97

Tell her it's delayed but Sony is sending out Chia Sacks as an apology. Buy a hacky sack and tell her to water it every day. That should keep her interested long enough for LBP to roll around without her having a fit about it...:| Or buy her jewelry.

The logic approach wont work, you know how women are. You may be onto something with the jewelry :)

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

No one really cares about this game anyway. Who cares about 'making your own level'??? Whats so cool about that???? Nothing. This gamewont even sell 100,000 copies. I had the Wii so i've played this game in some form or other already. I'm sick of games like this thats why i sold my Wii.

This game is a cute gimmick.

SuperChargerboy

Yea... nobody wants to play this stupid game. I mean look it took like a whole few minutes for 10-15 sites to run outa thousands of beta invites. Seriously isn't that proof that no one wants to play this game? I mean who wants to make levels? There was only like 10+ pages full the the brim with user created levels. Look at the gamespot score, only a friggin 9! Who wants to play a crappy 9 game when they can play a 10 game?

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 emitsu97

The logic approach wont work, you know how women are. You may be onto something with the jewelry :)Mau-Justice

I find most anything that's shiny tends to work. Value just determines how long it works. :lol:

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

w00t LBP was made by Al Qaeda!!! Terrorists!!

BTW, that was sarcasm... who cares if it contains that?? I certainly don't give a rat's ass.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
I don't understand stand how the game gets called back because of the Qur an and it gets called back world wide. I don't understand why they can't just change things about LBP when they release it in that neck of the woods but every where else gets the original copy. I'm surprised the devs are even willing to change things when that part of the world has not brought about any positive contributions to the rest of the world in quite some time. It just amazes me how far we will go to inconvenience ourselves but if they were in our shoes I doubt they would do the same for us.
infidexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 infidexus
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
I'm glad I have Deep Space, Saint's Row 2, and Socom to keep me busy.
RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
wow, alot of immature jokers on this thread. It hasnt even been delayed that long. Religion shouldnt be put in games, its contraversial, its that simple.
enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

load of bull really.. >_> What's the next thing, that you can't use any religious associated words in songs/movies/ etc?

Blasphemy!

loominator

hmm in canada, businesses aren't allowed to put "merry christmas" up in their windows. its has to be "happy holidays" otherwise legal action can be taken. because merry christmas doesn't cater to all religions who celebrate the holiday season. even though its prominently a christian population. they even took down a christmas tree in ontario last year cause some muslim was offended, or to avoid the possability of offending someone.

or in the states when the french wouldn't help them(i believe after the 9/11 attack)they changed the name "french fries" to "freedom fries". all this crap is completely childish and utter rubbish. especially in canada where we promote religious equality, but seem to condemn anyone of christian faith. speaking of equality in canada, any other canadians find it wierd that if you're a single, white, male born in canada, you have less rights then ANY immigrant.

more on topic, i better still be able to get the space suit. i guess ill just dl and not install it. ugh some people these days. i wish i could reach through the interwebz and just slap em.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#78 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
aww man.. it gunna get pushed back like a month probably >,>
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 emitsu97

aww man.. it gunna get pushed back like a month probably >,>polishkid99

Shipping to retailers the week of Oct. 27th.

hm360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 hm360
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts

wow, alot of immature jokers on this thread. It hasnt even been delayed that long. Religion shouldnt be put in games, its contraversial, its that simple. RazMaTaz-1

It was really not MM's idea to put a religious 'comment' in a game. They didn't have a developer meeting and think "Hmmm, let's put something really controversial into a game that will cause mass outrage". They simply thought that this song sounded like it matched the level they were creating and went and got permission to put it in the game. When the artist of this song (whoever he may be) released this song (which I believe was about 2 years ago) I don't remember there being any huge problems.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

wow, alot of immature jokers on this thread. It hasnt even been delayed that long. Religion shouldnt be put in games, its contraversial, its that simple. RazMaTaz-1

it shouldn't matter is all that everyone is saying. all that stuff like this does is help to promote rascism. we want equalitity between all peoples and yet do things like this. i say put it out anyways and tell people to suck it up. its like the blacks, sorry african americans, being offended by RE5. they're saying that you kill a bunch of black people...OF COURSE YOU DO, THE GAME IS SET IN AFRIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nobody cared when the zombies were white. ugh what is this world coming to

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
I'm upset :( thats ruining my plans for the 22ndol
Rocky3636Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Rocky3636Q
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I dont think they will go ahead and waste time on a song. The game will be shipped close to the original release date im sure.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

hmm in canada, businesses aren't allowed to put "merry christmas" up in their windows. its has to be "happy holidays" otherwise legal action can be taken. because merry christmas doesn't cater to all religions who celebrate the holiday season. even though its prominently a christian population. they even took down a christmas tree in ontario last year cause some muslim was offended, or to avoid the possability of offending someone.

enygma500

Well I don't see why he would get offended by it he leaves in a christian community so he shouldn't get offended by that also if he knows his religion well he'll know that to each his own religion and should show repect not get angry.

I'm muslim and staying in the UK until the end if the year and when I went to the office a college sayed to me happy Eeiad ( which is a special occasion that happens after Ramadan), now that shows respect but the problem is there are people how find everything offending.

It reminds of when Assassin Credd came out this guy created a topic bashing the game saying it is making my religion look bad which is idiotic. please we have people who make our religion look bad each day passes.

You will always find peole complaining over these thing the same happened to RE5.

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts

I am a muslim myself and honestly I wasn't offended by those two lines, at all. But you know, some people might get offended. Compared to that Danish cartoons, this being offensive is more like a joke.

Anyway, you should look at this from Sony's point of view. One way or another, there may be a stupid person who gets terribly offended. That person can sue Sony for this (yeah, people/companies sue each other for stuff like this). Sony simply doesn't want to take the risk.

That aside, personally I think taking religous content out of games can't be a bad idea, after all. Some subjects would better remain untouched. And removing something like this from LBP is not gonna damage the game and keeping it there is not gonna make the game better either, so why bother?

The only mistake Sony made here was that they could've noticed this much sooner.

-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts
Honestly why would the developers even try to get away with it, they should know how much power religion has in this world.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 emitsu97

Honestly why would the developers even try to get away with it, they should know how much power religion has in this world.-theCHUD-

Try to get away with what? The didn't knowingly put it in.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Mau-Justice

Yet our president can be outspoken about it, and In God We Trust is forced on you being printed on the money. Religion isn't as free choice and untouchable as you think...That is if you live in the US.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Does anybody know or can anybody explain what do they need to do to fix this? I mean they recall the game, re-write the code, then repackage it? It looks like they'll be losing more money since this increase production costs.

Also what if you already have the game, will there be problems down the line since you don't have the fixed version of LBP?

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
WOW this is some BS, i pre-order my copy along time ago at Eb, if i dont get it on the 21 ill be ****ing pissed
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 emitsu97

Yet our president can be outspoken about it, and In God We Trust is forced on you being printed on the money. Religion isn't as free choice and untouchable as you think...That is if you live in the US.Mau-Justice

I think the bigger problem is in today's world everyone feels something is owed to them. If someone takes that much offense to what's printed on currency, use a check or debit card. Instead we get 3 people complaining about it and an entire nation needs to alter it's internal systems to appease them. My boss is Jewish and gets Jewish and Catholic holidays off whereas I only get Catholic. How fair is that? I don't smoke so I don't get 37 fifteen minute breaks. How fair is that? I need to join a minority with fanatical tendencies.

Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts

[QUOTE="RazMaTaz-1"]wow, alot of immature jokers on this thread. It hasnt even been delayed that long. Religion shouldnt be put in games, its contraversial, its that simple. Mau-Justice

Yet our president can be outspoken about it, and In God We Trust is forced on you being printed on the money. Religion isn't as free choice and untouchable as you think...That is if you live in the US.

Well probibly because the US was founded by people with christian faith. Thats been on our $ for a very very long time. Not sure about it not being free choice I mean I live in the US and there are plenty of religious faiths to choose or not choose, heck I think Tom Cruise is a perfect example of this. The majority of people here are christian so its only natural you here more about it.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 emitsu97

Does anybody know or can anybody explain what do they need to do to fix this? I mean they recall the game, re-write the code, then repackage it? It looks like they'll be losing more money since this increase production costs.

Also what if you already have the game, will there be problems down the line since you don't have the fixed version of LBP?

ReverseCycology

MM created a patch for Day 0 to fix it. The issue was related to those who aren't connected to the internet not getting the patch. The solution was sending an already finished edited disc image to production. Reship to retail is scheduled for Oct. 27th in the US.

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

Same thing also happend to Zack and Wiki for the Wii.

Whats next?

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 WR_Platinum
Sorry, but those defending MM for their error is pathetic. Even if they didn't know what was said in that track they should of researched before making any agreement in puttin the track into the game, then declare that the game is GOLD. This is ridiculous.
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
I caved in and got a Copy. Oh well, between the single player, resistance beta and Dead Space I should be ok til the servers go live.
gryphonfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 gryphonfeather
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

Sorry, but those defending MM for their error is pathetic. Even if they didn't know what was said in that track they should of researched before making any agreement in puttin the track into the game, then declare that the game is GOLD. This is ridiculous.WR_Platinum

Yes, you are oh, so right! I mean... who would not think that including a song WRITTEN BY A DEVOUT MUSLIM that WON A GRAMMY and GOT PRAISE FROM THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY would offend SAME SAID COMMUNITY? What were they thinking? How could they not make the logical leap that seems oh, so clear now.

Plus, I regularly make a habit of translating background chanting in all of the songs I hear... just in case there something back there I can find to be offended about.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 emitsu97

Plus, I regularly make a habit of translating background chanting in all of the songs I hear... just in case there something back there I can find to be offended about. gryphonfeather

I'm still working on Locoroco. I can't seem to figure out the true meaning behind the "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".