Anyone else feel like they need to complete all their games?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3c81036be81
deactivated-5f3c81036be81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f3c81036be81
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

I was looking at my game collection and I realised I have completed every campaign/story I have except for GTA IV, so I spent the last few days finsihing GTA IV (good experience).

Anyone else feel like they have to finish all their games stories/campaigns?

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Same here :P, I don't feel a game is complete until I have the Plat.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Of course, I'm paying good money for each one of them so I feel the need to juice out every penny out of them haha. But yeah I like to finish every game (Genji and Bioshock are the exception), and for most single player games I feel the need to finish it 100% or get the platinum, sometimes even finish it multiple times.

headninjadog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 headninjadog
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts
Oh man I know the feeling. I have 17 games stacked nicely in my DVD shelf and only 5 are finished. I bought too many games in a short period of time to play and finish up on top of my other responsibilities which gets tougher when you get older. Plus there are so many more games coming out that I have to get like Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Saint's Row 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Resistance 3, Battlefield 3 etc. etc...And I want to buy a VIta when that comes out.
pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
If you have paid for them, you should at least try of course. Unless you don't care about money, in which case there are much better forms of entertainment...
MrSolvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrSolvo
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

I feel that way all the time and it drives me nuts. I still haven't gotten around to playing like ten games, they're just stacked up. I just get into a good book or I have to work or I find another game to play, and some games just never get finished.

fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts
Can't really agree. I bought a really crappy game last week (Fallout: New Vegas) and I just can't see myself completing it.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
I like to finish all my games but some of them get to boring or hard because they aren't the best titles.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

StealthMonkey4

This! Glad I'm not the only one with this attitude. :P

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I understand that sometimes it's not possible to playor complete games for whatever reason (school, work, etc)and for me the reason I buy a video game is to experience the beginning, middle, and end (not obsessed with achievements/trophies-it's cool when I get them though) and to be entertained with great gameplay, graphics, music, characters, story, and when I'm not busy that's what I set out to do.:)Also, for me there is a sense of urgency to complete sequels (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, God of War III, Resident Evil 5, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, etc) because I need to know what happens next!;)

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Not at all for me, too many games out now are just not worth finishing (or even starting)...such as Star Ocean 4. I've quit playing a good quarter of the games I own for various reasons, all before I completed the game and I have earned a total of zero platinums. I don't give a damn how many plats anyone has, it's like a hermit trophy if anything.

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

Yea, but thinking and doing are worlds apart in my case :P

I rarely ever finish a game before moving on to a new purchase anymore. Lack of time and all that junk.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I typically complete the ones I choose to keep. The ones I dont' enjoy enough to finish often end up on ebay.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I definitely want to complete all my games, but I don't need platinum trophies to tell me I'm finished. I'm done when I say I'm done.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I have that feeling all the time, it drives me crazy sometimes. Except for me it's trophies: every games has to have a 100% by it otherwise I feel I haven't completed it yet. It's not really a good feeling to have.

Avatar image for kylethiggins777
kylethiggins777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kylethiggins777
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I feel like I have to get the platinum trophy to say I completely beat the game and I really wish I didnt't feel this way because by the time I actually get the platinum I'm not really enjoying the game as I should. Damn my OCD :( , In saying that though I have alot of games I haven;t platinumed and techinically "beat" but havent's mastered "platinumed" hopefully someday I'll master them all.

yomanjdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 yomanjdf
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts

if its a good game so yes

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Yes and no. Some games I really just can't bring myself to beat because I just don't like them, but at the same time know I should since I spent the money to buy it. A game that comes to mind is GTA IV. I got it because the last 2 in the series were great, but I feel like this one is just boring compared to the others. Other than that I seem to have gotten too many games at the same time, with six for the ps3 alone I still have to beat (and a few ps2, psp, and original xbox games I recently picked up). Some games I don't mind if I don't beat them, like Oblivion I won't beat because when you do it closes the gates, so I've spent 60 hours going through knights of the nine expansion, some of the shivering isles, a lot of sidequests in the original game, and every main quest except the last one that shuts the oblivion gates. I do eventually plan on beating the last mission, but have gotten really caught up in the side missions and shivering isles expansion.

Moon__Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Moon__Light
Member since 2011 • 125 Posts
No, Gaming is a hobby and I won't force myself to enjoy or complete a game, if I really dislike a game I will leave it in my collection and come back to it at a later date to give it a secind chance or sell the game and move on.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#20 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I need to start finishing some games because my backlog is getting even bigger now. I don't care about earning a platinum trophy as it doesn't mean anything to me.

jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jubeio
Member since 2006 • 1578 Posts

you don't buy a book to read half the story
you don't buy a film to watch half of it
you don't buy a cd to hear part of it

so why buy a game and not finish it? you pay for it, so you play it to get the full experience :D

MoNsTeR_zAcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MoNsTeR_zAcH
Member since 2011 • 523 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

DrRockso87

Same here

jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jubeio

[QUOTE="DrRockso87"]

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

MoNsTeR_zAcH

Same here

unless a platinum is impossible to get (needing to play online but either people don't play it or the game's servers are closed down) like mercenaries 2
Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts
Lol don't know why but i also need to finish my game, and to have all the throphies about them, i don't know why lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f3c81036be81
deactivated-5f3c81036be81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5f3c81036be81
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

so why buy a game and not finish it? you pay for it, so you play it to get the full experience :D

jubeio

haha, I dont think a film or CD takes as long to complete as a video game does, especially a long game like a RPG :P

But I know what you mean.

-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

No, I'm pretty lazy about completing games. I mainly play multiplayer modes/games for its competitiveness. Only a few games got me interested enough to beat the whole thing, one example being Demons Souls

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

No, if I don't especially care for a game, I have no ambition whatsoever to finish it. I'd never force myself to endure hours of drudgery just for the sake of completing some crap game.

On the other hand if I really like a game, I like to keep playing it until I platinum it.

eleven1181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 eleven1181
Member since 2010 • 339 Posts

I was looking at my game collection and I realised I have completed every campaign/story I have except for GTA IV, so I spent the last few days finsihing GTA IV (good experience).

Anyone else feel like they have to finish all their games stories/campaigns?

mammojo

I'm the same only game ive not beat is GTAIV think im almost there

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I always complete my games. If I really like the game, I try to get the platinum.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

jubeio

Those are bad analogies since they don't take anywhere near the amount of time to complete as most games. To the OP - I don't feel like I "need" to complete my games, I try and finish whatever I can because I want to.

Inmate_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Inmate_69
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts
I buy my games one at a time. I won't buy new game until I beat the one I am playing now. I do this because I really dont have time to play a bunch of games. As of right now I am working on AC Brootherhood.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I'd like to finish them all. Problem is, I find it hard to focus on one game for extended periods of time. I tend to play little bits of lots of games. This makes me feel like I'm not accomplishing anything with the limited gaming time that I have, because my progression through most games is so slow. My PS3 completion rate is quite good though. I've only got a few PS3 retail games that I haven't finished.
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Can't really agree. I bought a really crappy game last week (Fallout: New Vegas) and I just can't see myself completing it. fighter91

It is subjective, but the point here is - f you feel like and it's fun doing it - then complete the game 100%.

WHY would you play something if it aint any fun???????? What you wanna feel all ----> :x

Really? Cos you paid for it? Really?

REALLY?

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

Out of my 14 recent games... 3 is not completed.

UNACCEPTABLE!

Must go play FFXIII, Ninja Gaiden and Demon Souls!

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

UNACCEPTABLE!

aGOODdude

Demon Souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game needs a good whhhipin.....

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aGOODdude

[QUOTE="aGOODdude"]

UNACCEPTABLE!

sturshel

Demon Souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game needs a good whhhipin.....

Just bought it yesterday though. Valley of Defilement is kinda mean to me... CURSE YOU PLAGUE RATS!

Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Danituga

No, if I don't especially care for a game, I have no ambition whatsoever to finish it. I'd never force myself to endure hours of drudgery just for the sake of completing some crap game.

On the other hand if I really like a game, I like to keep playing it until I platinum it.

Jackc8
I totally agree with you!! ;)
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"Complete", yes. "Plat", hell no. Trophies, don't get me started on the subject. If you like 'em, cool. But to me it's a Pavlovian reward. As Shakespeare once said -

"Trophies are a reward invented by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Big gamer, ol' William...

:lol:

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I do too. I always complete a game. Platinums are almost the same too. If it is a single player platinum, I'll do just about everything to get it. Case and point, Duke Nukem Forever. Playing it on Insane is stupid and way frustrating.
jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jubeio

[QUOTE="jubeio"]

haha, I dont think a film or CD takes as long to complete as a video game does, especially a long game like a RPG :P

But I know what you mean.

mammojo

doesn't take as long but even so its still same thing why buy a game if you aren't going to complete it plus with my films ive seen them all so many times ive put more hours into watching them then playing any game so far (apart from oblivion which ive played about 6 times each time taking over 100 hours to complete from how huge the world is :P)

[QUOTE="jubeio"]

MushroomWig

Those are bad analogies since they don't take anywhere near the amount of time to complete as most games. To the OP - I don't feel like I "need" to complete my games, I try and finish whatever I can because I want to.

books take longer usually :P (depending on the book I guess) but still why buy something if you aren't going to use it properly

JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

jubeio

Sure, I don't buy any of these things intending to not finish them, but I can't always predict whether I will like or dislike a book/film/cd/game, and if I buy it and discover I hate it, why take the time to finish it when there are many other books/films/cds/games I haven't gotten to yet that I may just love?

Like others have said, if I don't enjoy a game, I'm not going to make myself sit through the entire thing. But when I enjoy a game I try to complete it to the best of my ability, whether that means just completing the first player campaign, or going for the platinum. But I'm not as dead set on finishing games as other people on here seem to be.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

StealthMonkey4

i have the same pet peeve lol

nickz_fpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nickz_fpk
Member since 2010 • 1458 Posts

I try to complete every game I have but sometimes I just can't be arsed to complete them, so I leave it in my collection until i'm ready to play again or if it look very unlikely that i'll never play it i'll just trade it. I don't think I could play many games until I get platinums because I just don't have the patience to do stuff to a certain standard unless im in the mood.

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aGOODdude

How do you guys define 'completed'?

For me it's when I see the credits rolling.

jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jubeio

[QUOTE="jubeio"]

JadeNic

Sure, I don't buy any of these things intending to not finish them, but I can't always predict whether I will like or dislike a book/film/cd/game, and if I buy it and discover I hate it, why take the time to finish it when there are many other books/films/cds/games I haven't gotten to yet that I may just love?

Like others have said, if I don't enjoy a game, I'm not going to make myself sit through the entire thing. But when I enjoy a game I try to complete it to the best of my ability, whether that means just completing the first player campaign, or going for the platinum. But I'm not as dead set on finishing games as other people on here seem to be.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

No. I complete most of my games but since they download game thing started this gen and trophies that is not possible for me anymore. I used to like finishing games and getting every last thing from them. But now with trophies I can not do it. I have not platted or 100% beat any of my games on ps3. One play through is mostly I can do. The only game I felt like going through and beating its story multiple times is RE4. No trophies, no dlc, just me beating the game that had all its features and the only reason to do side stuff is because I wanted to do side stuff, not just to add more percent to my pointless gamer tag level.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
Yeah if i pay that much then im gonna complete it. No matter how bad it is.
Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Danituga

How do you guys define 'completed'?

For me it's when I see the credits rolling.

aGOODdude
For me it's when you have the platinum!
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I would be happy to have enough time to start them all and play them at least 5h to see how good they are