Anyone else feel like they need to complete all their games?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

[QUOTE="aGOODdude"]

How do you guys define completed?

For me it's when I see the credits rolling.

Danituga

For me it's when you have the platinum!

Not to be a **** or anything but if those are you're standards then your PSNgamercard sig says that you have completed precisely zero games for the PS3.

So um... Whats up with that?

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

i feel the same, but the first time i play the game, i dont care about the trophies because i dont want spoilers and i want to enjoy my first playtrough, after that i go for the platinum not because i like to have trophies, because its an added value to the game, i payed so much for the dam thing, so i want to get everything the game has to offer.

for example dead space 2, i finished it 2 times now. first one didnt care about trophies, enjoyed the game because everything was a surprise, second one went for the "easy" trophies. now im on my third playtrough and trying to get the hardcore mode trophy, and to be honest, its a total dofferent experience, because you only have 3 saves, enemy ai is mortal and less ammo and health, so ive feel more excited playing this time than when i played the first time on normal

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
[QUOTE="aGOODdude"]

How do you guys define 'completed'?

Danituga

You need to start completing your games then. :P
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#54 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I like to beat the campaign in every game. Out of my 26 games i only have Metal Gear Solid 4 unfinished (technically i havent beaten Sports Champions and GT5 either, but i dont consider them "beatable").

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts
Depends on how I feel about a game. Sometimes it's seeing the credits roll other times it's getting the platinum.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="Danituga"][QUOTE="aGOODdude"]

MushroomWig

You need to start completing your games then. :P

The only games this gen which have drawn me back in again after the ending are "InFAMOUS", "Resistance: Fall of Man", and the first "Uncharted". Those are really the games where I fell in love and wanted to go back. Most of the rest, I just move on once completed. I'm probably going to go back to "BioShock" (very close to finishing it)... I can sorta see myself as "not being done" with that game, but other than that... Feh. I don't trade my games in, so I'm not completely writing the lot off and if I happen to score a few trophies while doing it, super-duper. But I kind of feel like the devs have gotten complacent in their creativity due to the trophy system, like "Let's not add difficulty levels or unlockables - We can call that 'DLC' and charge for it instead". And that, to me, is sort of ****-poor when you take a look at certain games from the past which actually rewarded the player for getting through the game with stuff. You don't even see the king of lazy unlockables - Concept Art - Anymore, barely. I mean, how taxing is THAT to the devs? The Trophy Support is a brain-dead way of "lengthening" a game... Just like back-tracking used to be.

And some of us remember THAT chestnut, don't we kids?

:D

I mean no disrespect at all to trophy hunters with my sarcasm and damning humor on the subject, by the way. We all game differently and look for different things in this hobby we share. But I'm old-school. I fart dust. And for me, when the credits roll, that's a wrap.

;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3c81036be81
deactivated-5f3c81036be81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5f3c81036be81
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

aGOODdude

Yeah, Im the same. I think I should say that I dont play for Plats/trophies. Just complete the campaign really.

AJV91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AJV91
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts

If I'm interested in the game, of course I'll finish it. But if it's something I tried out and don't really like, I won't care. Platinums look cool and all, but I'm fine with the Trophies I collect on the way of playing the game.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

aGOODdude

That's exactly how I define it as well. As long as I have played the game from beginning to the end credits then I know I have completed it, and can go on to doing bonus missions, NG+ etc.

pac1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 pac1987
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
yea i ended up selling kingdom hearts for ps2 before i completed it lol then i brought it back and finished it *sigh*
The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts

Yes, absolutely. I always make sure I have completed the game at least once before I buy or move onto another.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

25 games played. 24 plats. 23 of which are at 100%.

The thought of buying something and not getting 100% never even registers for me. I don't even care if the game is bad or if i am not having fun. It's an affliction.

I don't buy or play stuff just for trophies buy i feel obligated to get everything in any game i do buy or play.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#63 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

As soon as I get a game I complete it before playing anything else. Leaving unfinished games for a long amount of time is just ridiculous imo.

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

I'd like to complete a couple of my games but I don't have the time to do so. I have a rule that I don't get to buy a game until I've finished one I already have, but that doesn't always work out.

sydstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sydstoner
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

to me a game is complete when i stop having fun, whether i finish it or not... i come from the era of coin up/nes/master system/snes/megadrive when you didnt expect to complete every game.... but as long as you were having fun thats all that mattered..

trophies are subjective, personally i never bother with them.. whats the point in grinding for hours or doing ridiculous mundane things when the game has probably ceased to be fun anymore...

as someone else said gaming is a hobby, ive turned off countless films in the middle because they are just not my cup of tea, ive heard cd's which i thought i might like but by the 3rd or 4th song, thats it for me...

when i hear people say things like 'im working on a trophy'. work doesnt equate to fun in my book, thats when you should stop..

gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
I like to finish all my games but some of them get to boring or hard because they aren't the best titles.LightR
This, and now I can't even remember if I have completed some games or not. They are hidden in piles of dust. =p
Rootbeer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Rootbeer95
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts
I agree 100%. I don't feel fulfilled at all if I don't beat all my games with at least 50% trophies.