Would you welcome back new or even old ww2 FPS

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

I know every now and then a new WW2 games does come out, and everyone complains a lot about the era being over done, but I would love to see older, and new ww2 games on todays engines. The first call of duty and the expansion united offensive are still the best shooters I have played. Now that we have much better hardware and the engines these games are built on are getting to be pretty amazing I think it would be worth it.

WW2 shooters are my favorite by far. The idea of a futureistic shooter like crysis is just too.. far fetched? for me.. I would love to see developers go back to the ww2 theme.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
I for one want a lot more quality games in that period (WW2), because 99.9% games of this "overdone" period are crap and even with all that crap, there aren't many WW2 games, but personally I've gotten over CoD 1 and expansion, Stalingrad was amazing at that time, but it's just not as fun as quite a few shooters from today and it isn't number 1 for that period for me. RO 2 would be the absolute best on my list for both shooters and WWII, we need more games like this, ambitious and detailed, cared for.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I would like someone to tackle World War 1....
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i am welcoming one back. enemy front looks like a great successor to day of defeat source

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46308 Posts

I would love to see a BF1942 remake on the frostbite engine. Instead we will most likely have Bad Company 3 being the next BF, I like Battlefield much more when it constantly switched settings. Now it has been modern setting, then modern setting and most likely a modern setting now...

I would also love to see WW2 shooters that focus on aspects of the war we haven't see yet like offering us a Japanese or German campaign. There are so many battles we haven't see in games yet while we have seen the normandy beach landing a dozen times. Yeah I know it was important but a lot of battles were.

But do I miss WW2 shooters ? Not at all, I play Red Orchestra 2 almost daily and thats a great FPS set in WW2. Only shame is that it doesn't have a singleplayer campaign.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I would love to see a BF1942 remake on the frostbite engine. Instead we will most likely have Bad Company 3 being the next BF, I like Battlefield much more when it constantly switched settings. Now it has been modern setting, then modern setting and most likely a modern setting now...

I would also love to see WW2 shooters that focus on aspects of the war we haven't see yet like offering us a Japanese or German campaign. There are so many battles we haven't see in games yet while we have seen the normandy beach landing a dozen times. Yeah I know it was important but a lot of battles were.

But do I miss WW2 shooters ? Not at all, I play Red Orchestra 2 almost daily and thats a great FPS set in WW2. Only shame is that it doesn't have a singleplayer campaign.

R4gn4r0k

Totally agree. BF1942 on the Frostbite engine will look sick. I've really missed the WW2 FPS era. At least they had quality to them compared to these modern warfare games (in general).

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ionusX

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

mhofever

Totally agree. BF1942 on the Frostbite engine will look sick. I've really missed the WW2 FPS era. At least they had quality to them compared to these modern warfare games (in general).

it was a different age then. the problem was that CoD posoned that era too much. cod2 was found to be a good game so what does a buisness run by an (at the time) batsh!t crazy kotick do? they order their development teams to churn out them bi-annually sometimes mroe frequently. MoH and the like.. not to be left behind simply started to release more regularly till we achieved market saturation of a setting, genre and story that wasnt any fun to play and wasnt worth buying into completely.

for all the hell yeahs xbox/ps2/pc/GC era ww2 fps's got there sure was alot of lemons in the bunch..

big red one, airbourne, spearhead, and the list goes on

crazytank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazytank
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

mhofever

check out heroes and generals. its currently in CB and i really think it has potential.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

Yup would make a nice change, getting so bored of Moden warfair clone after clone.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
no i want future warfare
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Yep. I never actually got tired of them, to be honest. I think it's an interesting era, and I'm sad to see that it was pretty much replaced with modern combat.

Still have RO2, but not too many people play that now and it's pretty rough around the edges.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
Never cared about setting. I just want good gameplay.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I would kill for a WWII game with modern graphics. Something like Brothers in Arms with the Frostbite 2.0 engine.

Something a bit more realistic and tactical with the dynamic environments of BF3.

RO2 just doesn't fit the bill. The world feels constrained compared to BF3.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I had no problem with the WW2 setting, but I would have liked to see other theatres of that war explored, including the Burma campaign.

But at the same time, I'd like to see other conflicts from the late nineteenth and early twentieth century explored in games, such as the Crimean war and World War 1. The Korean war might also be a good setting, as many of the weapons were similar to WW2.

I'm just not too fond of modern weapons, and I'm tired of all the modern warfare games that have flooded the market. There are far more 'modern' combat FPS than WW2 shooters anyway.

sloakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 sloakz
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

Bring back the WW2 shooter! I love the era and setting and its even got the ultimate badguys!

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Play Red Orchestra 2.

sloakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sloakz

Play Red Orchestra 2.

Cloud567kar

I do all the time :D I love it

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I would like someone to tackle World War 1.... FelipeInside

The game would be very boring.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

I'd love to see a new quality WW2 shooter, still love CoD 1&2. just please make it European Theatre, I am utterly done with anything pacific related...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I would like someone to tackle World War 1.... HyperWarlock

Depending on what region of the world it was fought in. There wasn't just the trenches.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I would like someone to tackle World War 1.... Wasdie

Depending on what region of the world it was fought in. There wasn't just the trenches.

yeah there was the getting gassed as well
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I would like someone to tackle World War 1.... Wasdie

In genral the weapons were boring, i'm not trying to sound disrespectful but it just wouldn't suit a video game in my opinion.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#24 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

JigglyWiggly_

I think a good Total War WW I game could be made. FPS would be tricky.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

with_teeth26

agree, but thers plenty of other time periods I'd like to see the Totar War team do first (Westeros and Middle Earth being the top two :) )

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#26 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] yeah there was the getting gassed as wellBlackDevil99

agree, but thers plenty of other time periods I'd like to see the Totar War team do first (Westeros and Middle Earth being the top two :) )

Those would be sick but it seems Creative Assembly is hell bent on historical accuracy so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

I want another single player shooter like Return to Castle Wolfenstein.... I might just go play that now.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I would like someone to tackle World War 1.... HyperWarlock

Not sure why people say that every time WW1 is brought up. It'd be the equivalent of making the middle east conflicts interesting, despite in reality them being utterly boring as well.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Nah

I'm sick of WW1 WW2 Vietnam Cold War etc

Spent my whole childhood watching Dirty Dozen, Tour of Duty and bad Chuck Norris movies.

I'm all about the post-apocalyptic. Fallout, Cyberpunk kind of stuff.

Or maybe modern.

I'm sick of war games in general. They just glorify war and the old order.

"The president has been captured! C'mon men let's save the President!"

Yeah no, f*ck the president.

I'm with the people. Deus Ex style.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

no i want future warfareJigglyWiggly_

I want that too, but I would like some WWII shooters as well.

check out heroes and generals. its currently in CB and i really think it has potential.

crazytank

I did, and it looks great.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

In genral the weapons were boring, i'm not trying to sound disrespectful but it just wouldn't suit a video game in my opinion.

HyperWarlock

Red Dead Redemption takes place in the early 1900s and the weapons aren't boring.

BlackDevil99

Check out Third Age: Total War. It's a mod for Medieval 2

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k

"The president has been captured! C'mon men let's save the President!"

Yeah no, f*ck the president.

ZombieKiller7

Are you not a bad enough dude to rescue the president ?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I really want a new WW2 MMOFPS. Like, WW2 online but with the detail of Red Orchestra 2.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
Maybe, I'm getting pretty sick of the innumerable modern shooters that have very little to set them apart from each other.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

R4gn4r0k

Red Dead Redemption takes place in the early 1900s and the weapons aren't boring.

[QUOTE="BlackDevil99"]

You're not serious with that comparsion are you?

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
I would like to see a good WWII based game that doesn't follow history. Germans invade England and or America with the Japanese helping or even after the war and the Allies turn on Russia with everyone else picking sides. Stay with weapons for that era, but just change history. You can't count the game Turning Point cause it absolutely sucked! I would love to play something like that cause you could have so many setting possibilities.
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

Not for me. I think WW2 is the most overused setting in games. Its like fighting the same fight over and over. D-day, Battle of Normandy, etc. I just got tired of M1 garands and nazi soldiers. I'm actually thankful that Battlefield, CoD, and Medal of Honor moved on to modern day war.

trodeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 trodeback
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

I really miss all the good WW2 shooting games I grew up playing on my POS PC in HS.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ionusX

i want a retun to fps's tbhat make 0 sense. no ligc to em. f story in-game. f cutscenes. give me a gun a map and some enemies and im set.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JigglyWiggly_

i want a retun to fps's tbhat make 0 sense. no ligc to em. f story in-game. f cutscenes. give me a gun a map and some enemies and im set.

ionusX
storyies are okay if they are not forced... very few games do that
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

JigglyWiggly_

true.. but i still would prefer an fps that makes 0 sense and is strictly made of rthe purpose of you know.. shooting stuff. less talking more shooting. if i wanted your life story.. i wouldnt shoot you

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="ionusX"]

ionusX

true.. but i still would prefer an fps that makes 0 sense and is strictly made of rthe purpose of you know.. shooting stuff. less talking more shooting. if i wanted your life story.. i wouldnt shoot you

go play quake 1 then it had teh stories but presented in a badass way
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Heroes & Generals is World War 2 FPS.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Anyone else with me on the Golden age of WW2 FPS Gaming? Medal of Honor Allied Assault and expansion packs, the first Call of Duty and BF1942. Those were amazing online games. Especially the first COD. Probably my favorite online shooter ever.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JigglyWiggly_

Anyone else with me on the Golden age of WW2 FPS Gaming? Medal of Honor Allied Assault and expansion packs, the first Call of Duty and BF1942. Those were amazing online games. Especially the first COD. Probably my favorite online shooter ever.

AdamPA1006

agreed

so much fun with cod1

RO2 is nice though

but ww2 is so overdone now

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k

HyperWarlock

Of course I am. I'm not saying a WW1 game should have lassos mind you. I'm saying that that time period did have interesting weapons.

It wasn't all Mausers and Lee Enfields you know. Check out WW1: Source. A mod for HL2 that focuses on WW1: it has some interesting weapons too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 R4gn4r0k

AdamPA1006

Yes so many amazing games. Plus there was RTCW and Enemy Territory.

sloakz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sloakz

Heroes & Generals is World War 2 FPS.Zubinen

Oh yes been keeping a close eye on this for a while now, hope its gonna be great

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

R4gn4r0k

Of course I am. I'm not saying a WW1 game should have lassos mind you. I'm saying that that time period did have interesting weapons.

It wasn't all Mausers and Lee Enfields you know. Check out WW1: Source. A mod for HL2 that focuses on WW1: it has some interesting weapons too.

As a single WW1 soldier amongst millions of others the weapons were as cheap as possible and very standard. Red Dead Redemptiion focuses on you as the single hero with all of the best stuff. Also RDR is set in quite a glamorous time period whereas there is nothing glamorous about WW1

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k

As a single WW1 soldier amongst millions of others the weapons were as cheap as possible and very standard. Red Dead Redemptiion focuses on you as the single hero with all of the best stuff. Also RDR is set in quite a glamorous time period whereas there is nothing glamorous about WW1

HyperWarlock

And most soldiers in WW2 had K98s and M1 garands ... doesn't mean those are the only weapons we see in WW2 games either.