Why I am Leaving PC Gaming

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#151 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?killax3563

nintendogs, pokemon, super mario galaxy, wario smooth moves.

oh you said good games. i thought you said GREAT games.

Nintendo make kids games :\

knut-am

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#152 knut-am
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Because Developer's have left us

So many great games come from the console to the PC, but sadly many of these are shoddy ports. Granted, some are good like Gears of War but many are terrible, Halo 2 anyone? Guitar Hero 3 and countless others. The extreme lack of good games coming out for the PC have also pissed me off. Everytime I see new games, they are almost always sequels, console ports, or expansion packs. I miss original games, games that were epic not just sequels a la Battlefield or COD.

I crave a new experience, lag free gaming with no need for a huge system just to get the best out of the graphics. In 1-2 months I will buy a 360 and play GTA IV, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six (Shoddily Ported to PC), Mass Effect and many others. I will play it on Xbox live and play all these games maxed out. I will wait for new great games to come to the console and not wait for a crappy port.

When developer's learn how to treat the PC, I will come back to it

I am not mad at my PC, I am mad at developers. I'll still play on my PC but trust me, aren't you getting tired of it.

The Sims 2 with billions of expansion packs, Blizzard making sequels to a few games rather then new games, Battlefield god knows what, COD5??

No thank you
OoSuperMarioO
Out of all these threads posted on these boards about leaving/quiting PC games I give you kudos for at least having some logic behind it. The only solution I can give you is to support your ambition that is owning some consoles. There's a great deal of games releasing and it feels good to have no worries about compatibiity or problems ect. I don't however agree with the leaving PC ideal rather you should play on all platforms for a great gaming experience overall. This is my opinion though.

ditto, i share your opinion :D
xuimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 xuimod
Member since 2003 • 841 Posts
[QUOTE="xuimod"]

make up statements? no, i'm just more on top of the industry than u are. its called informational advantage.

'....In December of 2005, Microsoft famously reported that the failure rate for XBox's was no more than 3%. But that's since crept up to a "4-5%" failure rate. This left one obvious question.'

http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/05/31/microsofts-xbox-secret-failure-rates/

'.....but is substantially higher than the 3-5 percent failure rate claimed by Microsoft, '

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/story/15761/xbox_360_failure_rate_164_pct

naval

see that was dec 2005 and the 360 was just released 1 month ago, so at that time a failure rate of 3-5% would have been understandable and not a lie. Do you realize why ?

anyways i already know about much higher failure rates but i just wanted to see of MS actually said that the number is so low because I have always heard them say no comment on topic of RROD

Anyways on topic, npd themselves admitted they don't count DD and counting this could make PC the dominant game platform. The figures Ms provided was by an external agency also that tried to analyze digital sales also. so guess who was using proper data ?

digital downloads, digital downloads.

the xbox 360 and p3 both have digital downloads as well. and those sales also aren't counted in the NPD numbers. so what was ur point again.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#154 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Ohh noes! Hes leaving pc gaming! :P
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#155 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
no no no no no no no, piracy IS killing pc gaming, NOT the video game industry. pc game revenues are declining but video game revenues as a whole are rising..annually speaking.... yaddayaddayadda...xuimod

*sigh*

Nintendo just recently reported a loss of nearly $1 billion due to piracy. The total revenue of the gaming industry last year was around something like $18 billion. Piracy is an industry-wide problem and developers like Stardock know how to deal with it.

Piracy is killing gaming more than it is solely PC gaming... and it probably has a lot to do with all the recycled games a lot of developers are releasing and hoping to sell millions of copies to the entire market instead of designing a game targeted as a specific niche of gamers and making profit with less copies sold.
OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts

I use a PC...

1.) I can afford to have a decent rig .(.3D O6 13,478)

2,) I have no problems geting games to run...usually maxed..FFoW, GoW, BioShock etc adn( Crysis looks amazing...not maxed but amazing...)

3.) Patchs /Updates are no problem for me find and D/L..phhfff

4.) Which leads to number four...Mods!!! ( Lifetimes of mods..can you imagine what they are going to do to Fallout 3..???!!! Sweet...!!! I'm getting some of that..I've got a story laid out already)

5.) Number 5 is the mmost important...controls...Mouse and Speedpad..kicked back in a custom recliner...moniter mounted on swivel arm..play more laid back then any consoler on a couch ever did. I could play flat on my back with the moniter right above me...

6.) The games I like to play are for the PC...and PC games are usually more mature...

Those 6 reasons look good to me....

OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts
And I can't emphazise controls enough...the pin point accuracy of the mouse rules over stupid controllers...yuk...
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Ohh noes! Hes leaving pc gaming! :Pkozzy1234
Lets cry about it!
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="xuimod"]

make up statements? no, i'm just more on top of the industry than u are. its called informational advantage.

'....In December of 2005, Microsoft famously reported that the failure rate for XBox's was no more than 3%. But that's since crept up to a "4-5%" failure rate. This left one obvious question.'

http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/05/31/microsofts-xbox-secret-failure-rates/

'.....but is substantially higher than the 3-5 percent failure rate claimed by Microsoft, '

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/story/15761/xbox_360_failure_rate_164_pct

xuimod

see that was dec 2005 and the 360 was just released 1 month ago, so at that time a failure rate of 3-5% would have been understandable and not a lie. Do you realize why ?

anyways i already know about much higher failure rates but i just wanted to see of MS actually said that the number is so low because I have always heard them say no comment on topic of RROD

Anyways on topic, npd themselves admitted they don't count DD and counting this could make PC the dominant game platform. The figures Ms provided was by an external agency also that tried to analyze digital sales also. so guess who was using proper data ?

digital downloads, digital downloads.

the xbox 360 and p3 both have digital downloads as well. and those sales also aren't counted in the NPD numbers. so what was ur point again.

do you really think DD on 360 and ps 3 are in the same amount as the pc ?

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#160 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Lack of good games? God I have so many games to play on my PC but I don't have the time. I don't know what you are talking about, but enjoy console land for a while, you will be back soon :) Note: The more the big developers go to consoles(and I don't recall any leaving, they are just trying to expand their market), the more that small developers enter the market. Almost every new game developer is a new PC developer, if anything , we have more developers but they get less media coverage.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#161 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

MMORPGs are generating the most revenue for pc gaming right now. They, unlike stand alone pc games, are not pirated to even the closest degree. Yes you do have the illegal private servers, but that requires someone to WORK and MAINTAIN it. Sure some people shell out the cash to keep them running, but people never stay long and always go back to the real thing. A big reason is that while everyone wants to be able to buy their way to the top, the entire mood is killed when everyone else is too. So the baseline becomes whomever has the most money, which isnt the same case on official servers. Content has been designed so money only has so much worth, and mostly has a staying power for ALT-hood.

To be honest if it wasnt for mmorpgs being so potent on pc, and pretty much zero variety on consoles, I might not be a pc gamer. The only reason I am a pc gamer, and have been since 1998, is because of Ultima Online, Everquest, and the like.

MMORPGs are attracting developers for pc gaming. If there wasnt mmorpgs on the pc right now, I might be worried. However the future is very bright, and so is pc gaming.