Why I am Leaving PC Gaming

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xuimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 xuimod
Member since 2003 • 841 Posts
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="Apillow"]Here is a perfect exampling coming from a console gamer that in the last week has officially switched to PC gaming. Take NHL 08 for console... In one year you have to buy a new one to get the new rosters. Pc gamers just download the new rosters for free without having to buy a whole new game if they don't want to. It's all about choices and that is why I have switched.Apillow

yeah right. that's why u switched? just so u can get nhl rosters for free? umm.... that's a little weird.

I said that was an example. I'm not getting into a pc vs console gaming. Enjoy what you enjoy.

haha, i think the RROD and/or xbox 360 failures have something to do with it. just a hunch. if that's the case, then good move.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#102 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You sound like Cliffy B... thinking PC gaming is all about The Sims.

Alright, you don't want to play fun games that are unique to the platform then that's your choice. I'm going to continue playing and enjoying a huge variety of PC, console and handheld games while you limit yourself to consoles. Enjoy.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
why do so many people always forget, pc still has so many quality exclusive games which are not there on any of the consoles
lionheart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 lionheart22
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
If worst comes to worst I've got a bunch of old dos games to keep me entertained...
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
why do so many people always forget, pc still has so many quality exclusive games which are not there on any of the consolesnaval
Its hard for them to digest imo
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

Because Developer's have left us

So many great games come from the console to the PC, but sadly many of these are shoddy ports. Granted, some are good like Gears of War but many are terrible, Halo 2 anyone? Guitar Hero 3 and countless others. The extreme lack of good games coming out for the PC have also pissed me off. Everytime I see new games, they are almost always sequels, console ports, or expansion packs. I miss original games, games that were epic not just sequels a la Battlefield or COD.

I crave a new experience, lag free gaming with no need for a huge system just to get the best out of the graphics. In 1-2 months I will buy a 360 and play GTA IV, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six (Shoddily Ported to PC), Mass Effect and many others. I will play it on Xbox live and play all these games maxed out. I will wait for new great games to come to the console and not wait for a crappy port.

When developer's learn how to treat the PC, I will come back to it

I am not mad at my PC, I am mad at developers. I'll still play on my PC but trust me, aren't you getting tired of it.

The Sims 2 with billions of expansion packs, Blizzard making sequels to a few games rather then new games, Battlefield god knows what, COD5??

No thank you
Toriko42

I agree, 100% with you. But, if you ask me, get ready to be disappointed even further. Consoles and their pathetic excuse for shooters will never satisfy you.

Have fun with **** consoles (this isn't an insult pointed towards you).

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

i was going to get a console, but looking at the games out this year, i decided on spending the cash on upgrading my PC. games like Rainbow six vegeas for me are better on the PC. tried the PS3 version and hated the controls.

Plus good luck with Far Cry 2 on a console. It doesn't look like a game that will play well on a console.

And this year sees, empire total war, spore, starcraft 2, assassins creed, mass effect and more.

Nah i am sticking with ma PC

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts

The pc gaming alliance is going to sort that out horay.

This sounds like sound like a gaming daily mail reader.

But these consoles are getting crysis and it will be looking the simular and running better by using tricks that was going to be an exclusive for the pc.

matt120282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 matt120282
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

ive never particularly cared for sports games on my PC, so play Pro Evo 2008 on 306 instead. but i dont care for RTS on console that much (360 is making a decent attempt but c&c 3 and lotr bfme are still both way better on PC) which is why i game for RTS on pc.

i think its beyond dispute that RTS is technically better on PC. for instance, the total war series is not even possible on a console and for me those are some of the best games of all time

i think it all depends on the individual. i like playing Pro Evo with friends on 360 in the lounge but for a session of oblivion or mtw2 i would use pc, just as an example.

i dont understand the whole concept of picking one system and alienating all others

larryc22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 larryc22
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
The PC has more high quality exclusives than ALL CONSOLES COMBINED THIS GEN. Im not saying that eveyone should buy a gaming pc, but to say that consoles have more exclsuives is just wrong.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p7pcq78sddbXfN0A-LjKWEA

Total AAA (# exclusive)

• PC: 15 (8 )
  • Xbox 360: 13 (4)
  • PS3: 8 (0)
  • Wii: 5 (4)

Total AA (# exclusive)

• PC: 75 (52)
  • Xbox 360: 57 (10)
  • PS3: 32 (4)
  • Wii: 15 (5)

anshul89

This is a nice list, but "# exclusive" is probably screwed to PC's favor, because many "console-only" games are actually both Xbox360 and PS3. Still then, PC still have a large share of quality games :)

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#111 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Meh........ a gaming PC is still my fav :)

I do have some consoles though for sports (NBA2k8 and skate), racing (Forza 2), fighting games (Virtual Fighter and DOA), along with an rpg here and there that doesnt come to pc (Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Paper Mario).

AAAAAAnonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AAAAAAnonymous
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts

So many great games come from the console to the PC, but sadly many of these are shoddy ports. Granted, some are good like Gears of War but many are terrible, Halo 2 anyone? Guitar Hero 3 and countless others. The extreme lack of good games coming out for the PC have also pissed me off. Everytime I see new games, they are almost always sequels, console ports, or expansion packs. I miss original games, games that were epic not just sequels a la Battlefield or COD.

I crave a new experience, lag free gaming with no need for a huge system just to get the best out of the graphics. In 1-2 months I will buy a 360 and play GTA IV, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six (Shoddily Ported to PC), Mass Effect and many others. I will play it on Xbox live and play all these games maxed out. I will wait for new great games to come to the console and not wait for a crappy port.

I am not mad at my PC, I am mad at developers. I'll still play on my PC but trust me, aren't you getting tired of it.

The Sims 2 with billions of expansion packs, Blizzard making sequels to a few games rather then new games, Battlefield god knows what, COD5??

No thank you
Toriko42

I used to think the same as you until well i bought an xbox, god that was a big mistake i got bored of it after a couple of weeks half of the games look and play the same they are boring and generic and surely the controller didint help it felt awkward and the games where to easy and dont think games will always be lag free after a couple of years as your xbox gets older the games will start to stutter especially during the fmvs

[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

wow, ur defense of pc gaming is getting pathetic.

face it. be honest, sports games on the pc aren't even comparable to the console side. both in terms of quality and quantity. infect999

k. my "defense" isnt pathetic because im clearly swarming you with more facts than you can handle. The whole "gameplay sucks" idea is your own opinion which means little when we are having a factual argument.

And the facts are: PC offers endless updates and customizibility, whereas consoles you're stuck waiting for a patch.

Baseball games I couldnt care less for, I dont even consider it a sport, so thats once again our difference in opinion, not facts. There is a reason they dont make PC version of baseball games, NOBODY BUYS IT! Only reason they do for consoles is profits from renting.

Yes we are stuck with EA, and it may seem like a problem. But why does it matter? We're still getting our games, are we not?

And to conclude, pc versions of sports games are very much comparable, and superior. Maybe not in quantity, but surely in quality and community.

my opinion? what's the metacritic scores for those ea pc games? compare them to the console versions. i can almost guarentee the metacritic scores are lower. check up on it.

oh yeah, the world doesn't revolve around u b/c a lot of people like baseball games. and even non-baseball fans love mlb08 the show.

being stuck with ea does matter b/c gamers don't have a choice.

gamers dont have a choice with NFL games because EA solely owns the license

metacritic scores dont mean everything, its helpful, but its an average of opinions...i've seen things on metacritic with scores ranging from the 80s to the 20s...like PC gamer said, its all based on your opinion

Seriously who gives a **** theyr sports games theyr all pretty much the same games and they suck ass

mon_bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mon_bus
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts

No thank you
Toriko42

Funny, I just did the exact opposite a couple of months back. I left console gaming for PC gaming. My thoughts so far? PC gaming is much, much, much better.

However, what works for me may not work for you. Wish you all the best. Have fun!

xuimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 xuimod

The pc gaming alliance is going to sort that out horay.

This sounds like sound like a gaming daily mail reader.

But these consoles are getting crysis and it will be looking the simular and running better by using tricks that was going to be an exclusive for the pc.

Poshkidney

the pc gaming alliance is a joke. is the pc gaming alliance going to stop bittorrent? no way they can stop BT.

and unfortunately for pc gaming, the use of BT is growing by the day (isohunt and piratebay are in the top 150 websites visited worldwide and they increasing in popularity contantly

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/thepiratebay.org?site0=thepiratebay.org&y=t&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=1y&size=Medium

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/isohunt.com?site0=isohunt.com&y=t&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=1y&size=Medium

)

Developers are leaving PC gaming b/c they are hemmorhaging money from piracy. and this loss of money is only getting worse not better. like i said, BT usage is increasing by the day.

IMO, what makes piracy of pc applications (not just PC games) so easy i the 'open nature' of pc's in general. it is so easy for pirates to make 'cracked' exe's to games and applications.

CavalAnts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 CavalAnts
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts

[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?killax3563

nintendogs, pokemon, super mario galaxy, wario smooth moves.

oh you said good games. i thought you said GREAT games.

I thought you said GREAT games, too bad i can't see any : |

Pokemon and Super Mario - Let me laugh, i liked this when i was 10 or something around it. Does Wii have anything serious?

Toriko42 what the **** on earth made you post this? No one gives a ****. Make a blog or something that no one is going to read anyway and be b**** there. And you said you are not going to post here anymore. So stop posting. Go back to your cave.

Consoles are like b*****s, fun to bang sometimes. But PC is true love.

Can't think of anything that console is better. If you need to have that console controller you can have it and still play pc games. Dunno what is it good for, only for some sports games. (or playing some poor ports) Can't play shooters or rts games with that. Some say that playing console games is more relaxing. Sitting on sofa and playing games from TV screen. NEWS, you can do the same with pc too. Connect your computer with tv and you can play from sofa too. And games still look better then console ones. That's not hard. And you can have multiple controllers too : OOO

As with everything in life, weak die first.

PC is best true, hardcore gaming platform. (that's a fact)
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Poshkidney

Well i was reading pc zone and they said that the reason about the pc being less favourble is not piracy as piracy happened one every platform. even the gamecube did But the reason pc is becoming out of favour is the hardware people don't want to folk out or want to understand people want a gaming toaster.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
What about playing PC exclusives rather than sucky ports?
Merkaba-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Merkaba-
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

No thank you
Toriko42

This is why Xbox is the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.

People who have ever contributed anything to Xbox should be ashamed for contributing to the downfall of PC gaming.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#120 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

If you want to play great games on PC, from any genre, there is a massive library of past games to tap into. You don't have to only look at new games in development.

Why do so many PC gamers only ever look forward to what NEW games are coming out, when they probably haven't even played 10% of all the great PC games released over the past 20 years? Hell, I've been playing PC games for 25 years, and I still haven't played some of the great classics (which I am trying to rectify). If you are only interested in games with the best graphics, then fine, go and play on a so-called 'next-gen' console if you can't afford to upgrade your PC. However, if you are really interested in playing great games, learn to look past out-dated graphics, and you will find the PC still has a great deal to offer.

People need to remember that the PC used to have strong contenders across every genre, including sports games, and you can still play those games today. You can still have a great time playing past games on a PC.

Having said that, I agree that too many developers are turning to console development and often leaving the PC as a last consideration, which results in crappy ports. There are still good PC game developers out there producing games, and I don't just mean high profile commercial developers. There are a lot of indie developers coming up with interesting games that you can play on PC.

If all you do is look at big-budget over-hyped high profile 'AAA' titles in development for PC, then I think many gamers are going to be disappointed with what is on offer. The bigger the budget, the less the devs/publishers are willing to take risks, which is why we are seeing so many clones, sequels, and multi-platform developments in fewer genres, that will undoubtedly disappoint many PC gamers.

If you broaden your horizons, though, and look at playing older titles you missed, or freeware titles, shareware titles, Flash games, and even mods, there is a wealth of gaming goodness across a broad range of genres out there that you can enjoy on PC. The industry is changing, and in some respects I think we're getting back to indie developers pushing the boundaries in terms of creative concepts and gameplay (which is what we had back in the 80s/early 90s).

At the end of the day, though, you should play on the gaming platforms that suit you best. If you get more enjoyment from console games, then by all means play them. You don't have to completely abandon the PC, if you are willing to look beyond the biggest commercial games in development.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#121 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Poshkidney

Um what? Consoles aren't getting Crysis, they will be getting Crysis: Instincts. And it won't look anything like Crysis because Crysis far surpasses anything the "next-gen" consoles are capable of. I don't know where you get your news from.

Developers are leaving PC gaming b/c they are hemmorhaging money from piracy. and this loss of money is only getting worse not better. like i said, BT usage is increasing by the day.

IMO, what makes piracy of pc applications (not just PC games) so easy i the 'open nature' of pc's in general. it is so easy for pirates to make 'cracked' exe's to games and applications.xuimod

Piracy on consoles is as bad if not worse than it is on PC. Nintendo has cited nearly $1 billion in losses for last year. Piracy isn't killing PC gaming, its killing the industry. Developers are leaving PC gaming because they don't realize that piracy on consoles is as bad as it is on PC and that they can make a ****ty game and still sell a million copies.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Poshkidney

Know what meybe the pc should move away from mouse and keyboard and more of a fun controller not like the wii but not like a gamepad some thing to make devs to come back to the pc.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58494 Posts

So many great games come from the console to the PC, but sadly many of these are shoddy ports. Granted, some are good like Gears of War but many are terrible, Halo 2 anyone? Guitar Hero 3 and countless others. (1.) The extreme lack of good games coming out for the PC have also pissed me off. (2.) Everytime I see new games, they are almost always sequels, console ports, or expansion packs. I miss original games, games that were epic not just sequels a la Battlefield or COD.

I crave a new experience, (3.)lag free gaming with no need for a huge system just to get the best out of the graphics. In 1-2 months I will buy a 360 and play GTA IV, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six (Shoddily Ported to PC), Mass Effect and many others. I will play it on Xbox live and play (4.)all these games maxed out. I will wait for new great games to come to the console and not wait for a crappy port.

I am not mad at my PC, I am mad at developers. I'll still play on my PC but trust me, (5.)aren't you getting tired of it.

(6.) The Sims 2 with billions of expansion packs, Blizzard making sequels to a few games rather then new games, Battlefield god knows what, COD5??

No thank you
Toriko42

1. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25632718&page=0

2. This is true for both console and PC, but there also a bunch of new games. Hell, the PC just gave birth to a new genre last month (Sins of a Solar Empire)!

3. Lag? On PC? Not really. You want lag go play Halo 3 and TF2 on 360 with only 10 people.

4. Maxed out does really apply for console games as they are meant to run at one setting. The fact is a modestly priced PC (under 1000) will beat every console game in the visuals department.

5. Nope, not for the past 20 years and likely not for the next 20.

6. Sounds like Mr. Cliffy B got ahold of you! Dont let him warp your mind!

In conclusion, however, I must agree with you to an extent. The problem is the developers, and the problem is that they try to cater to both platforms at the same time. It just doesnt work, and while many developers are willing to make PC-only titles, there often arent enough of them. However, PC gaming might be at its low point which frankly is great because I cant imagine how great it will be when its at its high point.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Developers have left us? Are you high on something? Ever heard of modding?

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
see ya
maden2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 maden2004
Member since 2004 • 688 Posts
lets hope The pc Gaming alliance shows people who are losing faith the bright light to the pc again. But yeah i have posted many problems with the pc gaming and how i hate developers etc. So i feel ya man.
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
lets hope The pc Gaming alliance shows people who are losing faith the bright light to the pc again. But yeah i have posted many problems with the pc gaming and how i hate developers etc. So i feel ya man. maden2004
concle games the next best junk lol. sorry but the best games are on pc. If a game dev jumps ship it says alot about that game dev and how he cares about his or her fans. lol So it's better off if console games get those dead beats as pc get qauilty games lol. I mean you only find junk on console lol
BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts
I think all the good devs were bought out a while ago
blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts

I think all the good devs were bought out a while agoBLaZe462
not really there is alot games out there concoles will never get because console are just not good enough for the best games ever.

the game game going that route will always get sub par game any way and can't compete with the best of the bc game devs lol just like how that falbe 2 game devs was crying lol

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Poshkidney

I think all the good devs were bought out a while agoBLaZe462

Well saying devs are being bought out is quite childish

ohh mircosoft bought you out

sony bought you out

nintendo bought you out

EA bought you out

iron lore bought you out

Bugger badgersbought you out

its just perfetic they go where the money is if they can make money on console they go for consoles a shame not much is being made on the pc but its proberly just that they don't want to work with specs too high and that the 360 coding is simular to the coding on making pc games.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#135 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

The console experience isn't all it's cracked up to be. here's one for ya. 360's SUCK. They break ALL THE TIME. Once you warranty through Microsoft you end in some refurb loop where they keep sending you consoles that are like ticking time bombs. Some people are on their 5th or 6th Xbox. The DVD drive in my 360 has been happily destroying itself and my 360 discs for a while, but I am no longer covered under warranty unless I RROD.

And the games library is not all its cracked up to be. Sure there are some great console games that I am looking forward to, but my best experiences have always been on PC. And TBH, multiplayer on consoles is a complete joke compared to PC. You can't even get a server list in any of the games.

The console experience is very glorified to the outsider, here is the reality of it all:

-your console WILL fail. This is a DEFECT and has not actually been resolved.

-you have to pay for basic online services

-there are NO dedicated servers

-EVERYTHING COSTS MONEY. Want gamerpics? Microsoft points. Backgrounds? Microsoft points. Map packs that should be free? Gamerpoints.

Which is the part about Microsoft's Live service that makes me the angriest. They nickel and dime everyone at every turn, practically force developers to use microtransactions when they want their content to be free, and the worst part is, people are wholly supporting this business model. Damn them all. I think after paying $60 for a game, a couple of small updates should be free, hey maybe even free backgrounds for the game that you already paid for... nope, more Microsoft points for that too.

Maybe I should just end my rant because I don't know where i'm going with this anymore, but the main point I'm trying to draw here is that nothing is perfect, and you will probably be disappointed by a console-centric experience.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Hehe, not on Ps3 and Wii :P
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

:lol:

Where to start:

1) PC gets the most exclusive high rated games every year... since well forever.

2) Console games are NOT max settings, they are medium/high usually struggeling to get 720P , with no anti aliasing ... and it shows, especially in the bigger games like Halo 3/CoD4/Mass Effect.

3) NO LAGGY ONLINE? I wouldnt get consoles then, they use Pier 2 Pier hosting, with lag and play drop outs, no favourite servers.

4) No mods ( well PS3 in ONE game ... UT3 ).

5) Ironically you mention sequals spam, which is even bigger on consoles with the obsessive franchise rehashes, ironically enough you mention Call of Duty while that is the Xbox360's most played game which doesnt even have as many players as Warcraft III a 5 year old game.

6) Console games online take a massive hit when the "Next big thing comes out"... so if you really love a game, dont expect the community to stick around with you.... CoD 4 will be ditched for CoD5 and so forth.

7) The consoles get as many PC ports as PC gets coonsole ports, only bar some slight exceptions, most ports are better quality on the PC and come with extra features, cost LESS than the console version , and comes with Downloadable content free ala Mass Effect & Assassin's Creed.

Case of the grass is greener and you have it bad .... thats not to say consoles dont have thier merits, some of the exclusive franchises are amazing ...

But buyinga 360 is THE WORST CHOICE :lol: most of its higher quality games are on the PC... geta Wii or a PS3 at least.

If you care about graphics and gameplay PC & Wii is the best option. If you care about top exclusive franchises, PS3...

360 if you want the PC's ugly step child that will probably have support droped for it nearing its 5th year due to being the slowest selling. ... poorest hardware of the 3. ( stable wise, not performance. )

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Poshkidney"]But these consoles are getting crysis and it will be looking the simular and running better by using tricks that was going to be an exclusive for the pc.

xuimod

Um what? Consoles aren't getting Crysis, they will be getting Crysis: Instincts. And it won't look anything like Crysis because Crysis far surpasses anything the "next-gen" consoles are capable of. I don't know where you get your news from.

IMO, what makes piracy of pc applications (not just PC games) so easy i the 'open nature' of pc's in general. it is so easy for pirates to make 'cracked' exe's to games and applications.xuimod

Piracy on consoles is as bad if not worse than it is on PC. Nintendo has cited nearly $1 billion in losses for last year. Piracy isn't killing PC gaming, its killing the industry. Developers are leaving PC gaming because they don't realize that piracy on consoles is as bad as it is on PC and that they can make a ****ty game and still sell a million copies.

no no no no no no no, piracy IS killing pc gaming, NOT the video game industry. pc game revenues are declining but video game revenues as a whole are rising..annually speaking.

piracy for the xbox 360 or ps3 is nowhere near as bad as on the pc. ps3 hasn't even been cracked yet. for the xbox 360, its very specific, u need a certain model of dvd drive. even after that a person has to burn the game on a dvd, for the xbox 360 u can't even play games off of iso files or off of a hard drive.

for the pc, piracy is soooooooooooooo much easier. if u don't think this u are in denial, no doubt about it. no dvd burner needed. just download the file, mount the iso and ur off. and maybe a crack or two.

i'll admit, piracy is killing psp game sales b/c piracy for the psp is about as easy as piracy for the pc.

piracy for the nintendo ds is also very easy but its not having as much of an effect b/c the demographic (kid, women, old peps)for the ds, most of those peps probabby have never even heard of BT.

u can argue it all u want, it just shows ur denial. pc game sales are DECLINING while the video game industry as a whole is growing. and don't give me that sh!t about valve and digital downloads. that's more sh!t the denial fvcks love to use (ohhh what about digital downloads; yeah digital downloads from BT).

pc gaming is a niche market as far as the video game business goes.

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9875099-1.html

'pc gaming alliance'.....that is such bullsh!t. its sad and funny at the same time.

YOU are in denial, laughing at the PC Gaming Alliance for what reason? actually giving a broader picture of the situation than silly little devs like Cliffy B whos job is not even to discuss this?

http://www.developmag.com/news/29331/The-PC-market-is-not-dying-says-newly-formed-PC-Gaming-Alliance

"He offered up stats on the US and worldwide PC games market, saying the former (not including casual games) in 2007 generated $2.76bn revenue, a year-on-year rise of 12 per cent, accounted for 30 per cent of gaming revenues in the territory, and was set to make $9.6bn - a rise of 16 per cent - in 2008."

"For the global games market the figures were $8.3bn in 2007, up 14 per cent, with 2008 revenues set to be $9.6bn, up for 16 per cent."

Yes PC revanue is on the decline? :roll: when the only consoel games that actual do well are the mass marketed casual ones like Halo 3 and CoD4 .... and sports games.

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#139 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts

I 100% support PC gaming but yeah, it seems that some developers have definitely moved away from the PC. On the other hand, we have Crytek who brought us an awesome game and many consoles' games have been ported to PC so...

P.S. WTF, Epic?

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

:lol:

Where to start:

1) PC gets the most exclusive high rated games every year... since well forever.

2) Console games are NOT max settings, they are medium/high usually struggeling to get 720P , with no anti aliasing ... and it shows, especially in the bigger games like Halo 3/CoD4/Mass Effect.

3) NO LAGGY ONLINE? I wouldnt get consoles then, they use Pier 2 Pier hosting, with lag and play drop outs, no favourite servers.

4) No mods ( well PS3 in ONE game ... UT3 ).

5) Ironically you mention sequals spam, which is even bigger on consoles with the obsessive franchise rehashes, ironically enough you mention Call of Duty while that is the Xbox360's most played game which doesnt even have as many players as Warcraft III a 5 year old game.

6) Console games online take a massive hit when the "Next big thing comes out"... so if you really love a game, dont expect the community to stick around with you.... CoD 4 will be ditched for CoD5 and so forth.

7) The consoles get as many PC ports as PC gets coonsole ports, only bar some slight exceptions, most ports are better quality on the PC and come with extra features, cost LESS than the console version , and comes with Downloadable content free ala Mass Effect & Assassin's Creed.

Case of the grass is greener and you have it bad .... thats not to say consoles dont have thier merits, some of the exclusive franchises are amazing ...

But buyinga 360 is THE WORST CHOICE :lol: most of its higher quality games are on the PC... geta Wii or a PS3 at least.

If you care about graphics and gameplay PC & Wii is the best option. If you care about top exclusive franchises, PS3...

360 if you want the PC's ugly step child that will probably have support droped for it nearing its 5th year due to being the slowest selling. ... poorest hardware of the 3. ( stable wise, not performance. )

Meu2k7

You do know know Xbox 360 does 4xmsaa with slight impact on performance right?

360 also has a unique scaling chip to meet the demand for 1080p. It's not true 1080p but it serves it's purposes for consumers wants.

I hardly notice lag when playing online on the 360. I do notice host advantages however which can be pretty awful.

Well mods and user created content has already been giving birth to consoles. Give consoles more time and they wont be far from the PC market. Infact i think both will connect for a neutral zone for user satisfaction.

People are still playing Counter Strike which release for the first Xbox.

Honestly didn't knew max settings exist in console games. If that's the case I'm sure alot of PC games are being scaled quite a bit as well bud. You may think your maxing the game but I'm sure in some games the developers can easily release the full code to destroy your PC. At the end of the day both platforms produce astonishing looking games.

Sequels are ok for me.

Consoles also is alot less hassle to game on by far. I do love my PC but there are room for improvements. At the end of the day it's a bright sunny day when you can experience great games across all platforms rather than just isolating either.

xuimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 xuimod
[QUOTE="xuimod"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Poshkidney"]But these consoles are getting crysis and it will be looking the simular and running better by using tricks that was going to be an exclusive for the pc.

Meu2k7

no no no no no no no, piracy IS killing pc gaming, NOT the video game industry. pc game revenues are declining but video game revenues as a whole are rising..annually speaking.

piracy for the xbox 360 or ps3 is nowhere near as bad as on the pc. ps3 hasn't even been cracked yet. for the xbox 360, its very specific, u need a certain model of dvd drive. even after that a person has to burn the game on a dvd, for the xbox 360 u can't even play games off of iso files or off of a hard drive.

for the pc, piracy is soooooooooooooo much easier. if u don't think this u are in denial, no doubt about it. no dvd burner needed. just download the file, mount the iso and ur off. and maybe a crack or two.

i'll admit, piracy is killing psp game sales b/c piracy for the psp is about as easy as piracy for the pc.

piracy for the nintendo ds is also very easy but its not having as much of an effect b/c the demographic (kid, women, old peps)for the ds, most of those peps probabby have never even heard of BT.

u can argue it all u want, it just shows ur denial. pc game sales are DECLINING while the video game industry as a whole is growing. and don't give me that sh!t about valve and digital downloads. that's more sh!t the denial fvcks love to use (ohhh what about digital downloads; yeah digital downloads from BT).

'pc gaming alliance'.....that is such bullsh!t. its sad and funny at the same time.

YOU are in denial, laughing at the PC Gaming Alliance for what reason? actually giving a broader picture of the situation than silly little devs like Cliffy B whos job is not even to discuss this?

http://www.developmag.com/news/29331/The-PC-market-is-not-dying-says-newly-formed-PC-Gaming-Alliance

"He offered up stats on the US and worldwide PC games market, saying the former (not including casual games) in 2007 generated $2.76bn revenue, a year-on-year rise of 12 per cent, accounted for 30 per cent of gaming revenues in the territory, and was set to make $9.6bn - a rise of 16 per cent - in 2008."

"For the global games market the figures were $8.3bn in 2007, up 14 per cent, with 2008 revenues set to be $9.6bn, up for 16 per cent."

Yes PC revanue is on the decline? :roll: when the only consoel games that actual do well are the mass marketed casual ones like Halo 3 and CoD4 .... and sports games.

wow, i guess u actually believe MS when they say the Xbox 360 only has a 3% failure rate b/c companies never lie or decieve (sarcarsm).

btw, the stats that the pc game industry is declining comes from the NPD, a fairly objective source. I would rather believe the NPD than some 'gaming alliance' PR shill.

pc gaming alliance.....LMAO. idiots.

Fr0st3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Fr0st3d
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
I dont think pc gaming is dying look at last year we got some great games. I dont think pc gaming needs to be flooded whit crappy games and remakes like the console.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Meu2k7

NPD is America only, we all know the US market for PC gaming hsa been on decline, Europe and Asia ( Not Japan ) on the other hand is not, it is the definitive platform in many many countries.

Im sorry but using NPD for PC sales, even when they admitted its innacurate and doesnt include Digital Downloads ... is alot more laughable than pretending you know more than the PCGA?

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 naval
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="xuimod"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Poshkidney"]But these consoles are getting crysis and it will be looking the simular and running better by using tricks that was going to be an exclusive for the pc.

xuimod

wow, i guess u actually believe MS when they say the Xbox 360 only has a 3% failure rate b/c companies never lie or decieve (sarcarsm).

btw, the stats that the pc game industry is declining comes from the NPD, a fairly objective source. I would rather believe the NPD than some 'gaming alliance' PR shill.

where did ms said 360 has 3% failure rate ? Do you have link or you are just making up things ?

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

I crave a new experience, lag free gaming with no need for a huge system just to get the best out of the graphics. In 1-2 months I will buy a 360 and play GTA IV, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six (Shoddily Ported to PC), Mass Effect and many others. Toriko42

You just said you crave a new experience, but then you list two sequels out of four games. GTA IV and Mass Effect are both coming to PC, I had no problems with the PC version of R6 Vegas and Dead Rising is fun for about half an hour.

I will play it on Xbox live and play all these games maxed out. Toriko42

Yeah, but a lot of the games look about as good as a mid range PC. Unless you have a low end machine, you could achieve the same visual standard and frame rates by just not playing your PC games maxed out.

but trust me, aren't you getting tired of it.Toriko42

I've been having PC issues recently (power shortages and problems with Windows) so I've been reduced to console gaming. And I cannot stand it. The only game I've been able to sit and play for longer than half an hour is Guitar Hero. I've actually spent more time with my PlayStation one collection than anything modern. I'm gonna steal my Sister's Gamecube and buy F-Zero GX because I can't find a single good racing game on the new consoles. I've been playing Abe's Odyssey and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night because I can't find any good platform/adventure games and I've been playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 because, well, there are no better fighting games on the planet.

But anyway, you talk about the decline of the PC - what about the decline of the console? I used to love consoles back in the days of the original PlayStation, but console gaming hit its peak when Guitar Hero came out. What else is left but serialised sports and drving franchises? Not much. Everything else worth playing is on PC, and better on PC.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"] I crave a new experience, lag free gaming with no need for a huge system just to get the best out of the graphics. In 1-2 months I will buy a 360 and play GTA IV, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six (Shoddily Ported to PC), Mass Effect and many others. mfsa

You just said you crave a new experience, but then you list twosequels out of four games. GTA IV and Mass Effect are both coming to PC, I had no problems with the PC version of R6 Vegas and Dead Rising is fun for about half an hour.

I will play it on Xbox live and play all these games maxed out. Toriko42

Yeah, but a lot of the games look about as good as a mid range PC. Unless you have a low end machine, you could achieve the same visual standard and frame rates by just not playing your PC games maxed out.

but trust me, aren't you getting tired of it.Toriko42

I've been having PC issues recently (power shortages and problems with Windows) so I've been reduced to console gaming. And I cannot stand it. The only game I've been able to sit and play for longer than half an hour is Guitar Hero. I've actually spent more time with my PlayStation onecollection than anything modern. I'm gonna steal my Sister's Gamecube and buy F-Zero GX because I can't find a single good racing game on the new consoles. I've been playing Abe's Odyssey and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night because I can't find any good platform/adventure games and I've been playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 because, well, there are no better fighting games on the planet.

But anyway, you talk about the decline of the PC - what about the decline of the console? I used to loveconsoles back in the days of the original PlayStation, but console gaming hit its peak when Guitar Hero came out. What else is left but serialised sports and drving franchises? Not much. Everything else worth playing is on PC, and better on PC.

Oh man my machines are a beast in F-zero GX. I remember taking my machines from the Gamecube to Arcades and giving people the whooping. SNiff... the glory days.

Snk > Stfa 3

xuimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 xuimod
[QUOTE="xuimod"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="xuimod"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Poshkidney"]But these consoles are getting crysis and it will be looking the simular and running better by using tricks that was going to be an exclusive for the pc.

naval

where did ms said 360 has 3% failure rate ? Do you have link or you are just making up things ?

make up statements? no, i'm just more on top of the industry than u are. its called informational advantage.

'....In December of 2005, Microsoft famously reported that the failure rate for XBox's was no more than 3%. But that's since crept up to a "4-5%" failure rate. This left one obvious question.'

http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/05/31/microsofts-xbox-secret-failure-rates/

'.....but is substantially higher than the 3-5 percent failure rate claimed by Microsoft, '

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/story/15761/xbox_360_failure_rate_164_pct

Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

What have consoles done over the last several years? Become more "PC-like". Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I won't leave PC gaming til consoles are able to match it in terms of upgradeability (faster paced tech advances), tweaking, customization, and flexibility though. It's simple. PCs still win.

Not to knock consoles, I have a PS3 and a Wii, and have owned many other consoles. For people with "more" limited funds, have no interest in being the slightest bit tech saavy (although it's valuable knowledge to have IMO and find it disheartening so many choose the simplistic, less rewarding route), aren't interested in the latest and greatest hardware, and prefer "quantity" over "quality" for retail titles, consoles are the way to go.

The PC is easily my platform of choice though.

xuimod

"The PC games market is greatly impacted by digital downloads and subscriptions, so there is an undetermined amount of PC games industry revenue that isn't reflected in retail sales. As we've seen from a number of our studies, the PC continues to be a top platform in terms of total game playing time, so I don't think this slight decline in retail sales is anything more than a reflection of a shifting of distribution channels," Frazier explained.

That's also coming from the NPD. In other words, don't worry about it :D

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 naval

make up statements? no, i'm just more on top of the industry than u are. its called informational advantage.

'....In December of 2005, Microsoft famously reported that the failure rate for XBox's was no more than 3%. But that's since crept up to a "4-5%" failure rate. This left one obvious question.'

http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/05/31/microsofts-xbox-secret-failure-rates/

'.....but is substantially higher than the 3-5 percent failure rate claimed by Microsoft, '

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news/story/15761/xbox_360_failure_rate_164_pct

xuimod

see that was dec 2005 and the 360 was just released 1 month ago, so at that time a failure rate of 3-5% would have been understandable and not a lie. Do you realize why ?

anyways i already know about much higher failure rates but i just wanted to see of MS actually said that the number is so low because I have always heard them say no comment on topic of RROD

Anyways on topic, npd themselves admitted they don't count DD and counting this could make PC the dominant game platform. The figures Ms provided was by an external agency also that tried to analyze digital sales also. so guess who was using proper data ?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 mracoon
Member since 2008 • 967 Posts
Some great developers are still primarily for PC like Valve. I'll always choose PC over console because it looks better and plays better on most occasions.