Why I am Leaving PC Gaming

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Because Developer's have left us

So many great games come from the console to the PC, but sadly many of these are shoddy ports. Granted, some are good like Gears of War but many are terrible, Halo 2 anyone? Guitar Hero 3 and countless others. The extreme lack of good games coming out for the PC have also pissed me off. Everytime I see new games, they are almost always sequels, console ports, or expansion packs. I miss original games, games that were epic not just sequels a la Battlefield or COD.

I crave a new experience, lag free gaming with no need for a huge system just to get the best out of the graphics. In 1-2 months I will buy a 360 and play GTA IV, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six (Shoddily Ported to PC), Mass Effect and many others. I will play it on Xbox live and play all these games maxed out. I will wait for new great games to come to the console and not wait for a crappy port.

When developer's learn how to treat the PC, I will come back to it

I am not mad at my PC, I am mad at developers. I'll still play on my PC but trust me, aren't you getting tired of it.

The Sims 2 with billions of expansion packs, Blizzard making sequels to a few games rather then new games, Battlefield god knows what, COD5??

No thank you
Begemott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Begemott
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts

I was going to list great games like Rage, and Mirrors Edge, that are original, unique, and fun but then decided to just tell you - have fun.

[Prolly someone else will list them] :P

death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
Games arn't maxed out on consoles btw, they play at half res, have 0 aa/af and most of the time are a mixture of medium to high PC settings.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

The developers that have left us are the ones that know that they can no longer continue producing quality PC titles. Console games are simply easier to make, have lower standards, and make more money. To balance this out PC games normally have much more replay value and are much more customizable.

By the way, I know what you're feeling. I bought a 360 about a year ago. I bought Dead Rising, Rainbow Six, Mass Effect, etc. and in the end it just wasn't worth it. 360 games look noticeably worse than PC games and all of them got boring in a few days. If I could, I'd take my money back that was spent on 360 and use it to buy a second 8800GT.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Because Developer's have left us

So many great games come from the console to the PC, but sadly many of these are shoddy ports. Granted, some are good like Gears of War but many are terrible, Halo 2 anyone? Guitar Hero 3 and countless others. The extreme lack of good games coming out for the PC have also pissed me off. Everytime I see new games, they are almost always sequels, console ports, or expansion packs. I miss original games, games that were epic not just sequels a la Battlefield or COD.

I crave a new experience, lag free gaming with no need for a huge system just to get the best out of the graphics. In 1-2 months I will buy a 360 and play GTA IV, Dead Rising, Rainbow Six (Shoddily Ported to PC), Mass Effect and many others. I will play it on Xbox live and play all these games maxed out. I will wait for new great games to come to the console and not wait for a crappy port.

When developer's learn how to treat the PC, I will come back to it

I am not mad at my PC, I am mad at developers. I'll still play on my PC but trust me, aren't you getting tired of it.

The Sims 2 with billions of expansion packs, Blizzard making sequels to a few games rather then new games, Battlefield god knows what, COD5??

No thank you
Toriko42
Out of all these threads posted on these boards about leaving/quiting PC games I give you kudos for at least having some logic behind it. The only solution I can give you is to support your ambition that is owning some consoles. There's a great deal of games releasing and it feels good to have no worries about compatibiity or problems ect. I don't however agree with the leaving PC ideal rather you should play on all platforms for a great gaming experience overall. This is my opinion though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts

you really think a console experience will be any better? if anything, the consoles limit you

there are always original titles in development for PC and this year is no exception, with games like Spore, Age of Conan, or Sins of a Solar empire, and sequels can be just as compelling as any original title. console ports are generally games you could care less about, and the ones that are of quality almost always transfer well (Gears of War, Halo, etc.). if there's nothing new available that catches your eye, there's an expansive list of great games dating back to the early 90s you can play.

also, none of the Rainbow Six games were ported...in fact, PC is usually the lead platform for that franchise. and as for the Blizzard comment, they've attempted to make original properties, but the ideas were scrapped because Blizzard cares about producing quality products. while the dev teams generally focus on their three big franchises, the games are always great, and always have some sort of original quality to them.

switching to pure console gaming is a huge mistake

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts
Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?
--Rampage--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 --Rampage--
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts
See ya... you won't be missed!!
killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killax3563
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?The_PC_Gamer

nintendogs, pokemon, super mario galaxy, wario smooth moves.

oh you said good games. i thought you said GREAT games.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toriko42
See ya... you won't be missed!!--Rampage--
You're a good poster

Well I'm just tired of being shafted by PC games, I can't afford a great computer, I just got a 7900 GS and for a 900 dollar computer I can play most of today's games at low if I'm luckt so a console is much better choise for me. I don't have disposable income only being 15 so a ontime fee of 350 dollars to play all the games I want for another 4-6 years if very very appealing to me.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toriko42

[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?killax3563

Super Smash Bros, Dead Rising, All Resident Evil games, GTA IV is looking that way right now, Bully...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5

[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?killax3563

all the pokemon games after Gold + Silver were meh, Warioware isn't that outstanding, nintendogs (and pokemon now that i think about it) were handheld games and had no place on PC, and it's not even possible for super mario galaxy to get ported to anything.

besides, nintendo won't allow any of it's core franchises to get ported

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_PC_Gamer

K, those are games for Wii and DS. There are plenty alternatives on PC for Nintendogs (see My Horse and I). The rest are Wii party games. And D'oh, no other console other than the Wii has it. Because they were made for it. There would be no point in porting those games to the PC.

So try again plz. With real games this time.

elitegeek13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elitegeek13
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

Consoles suck man...they're proprietary, you can't mod your games, and your selection is miniscule compared to the pc. Secondly you have to deal with the hell of controllers...gah...try playing BF2 with an Xbox controller against pc players and you're screwed. And you lose RTS and decent MMORPGS....and instead of free online play you have to play for Xbox Live. On top of that you don't get any open source software like Sauerbraten.

All i can say is that going purely console is gonna wreck you big time.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_PC_Gamer
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?Toriko42

Super Smash Bros, Dead Rising, All Resident Evil games, GTA IV is looking that way right now, Bully...

See my Wii argument for SSB, deadrising = see Left 4 Dead. RE games HAVE been on the PC (in case you didn't bother to check and just dropped that in there). GTA4 will be on the PC like the rest of them. Bully [maybe] is alright, but that's what, 1 game?

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?Toriko42

lolwut, just about every single significant RE game has been on the PC. GTA 4 is going to come to the PC. And there are ways to play SSB online on the PC as well.

Regardless, none of these games stack up to PC Games.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OoSuperMarioO
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

Gears of War 2 is going to rock 2008. Metal Gear Solid 4 will also be a marvelous experience. Just played some Super Smash Bros Brawl and boy I felt that glory and adrenaline from the good ol NES days(Best Soundtack I ever heard in a game).
killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?The_PC_Gamer

K, those are games for Wii and DS. There are plenty alternatives on PC for Nintendogs (see My Horse and I). The rest are Wii party games. And D'oh, no other console other than the Wii has it. Because they were made for it. There would be no point in porting those games to the PC.

So try again plz. With real games this time.

lol. i know, that post what partially trolling in spirit anyways. i think those games suck.

um.... Shadow of the Collusus, MLB 08: the Show (if ur in to sports games),

Warhawk.....i know its similar to the battlefield games but IMO much, much cleaner (less cheaters). the very nature of PC's (open platform) makes it ripe for cheating. really, the only cheaters u'll see on Warhawk are glitchers and the developers, forgot their name, they fix the glitches with each update. on the other hand, games like battlefield have programs u can download that enable cheating. that's type of cheating doesn't occure on console multi games.

Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4, Persona 3,

and that's just a few. there's a ton of good/great games that will NEVER be ported to the PC.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"]Dude, please name some GOOD games that didn't get a PC port?GodLovesDead

lolwut, just about every single significant RE game has been on the PC.

I was thinking the same thing. The TC needs to check his claims before he spews them.

GTA 4 is going to come to the PC.

GodLovesDead

Yep, considering every single GTA game ever made other than the handheld versions has been on the PC (and the latest ones were all on console first then ported, meaning the fact that it hasn't been announced for PC yet has no significance), it's highly unlikely that it won't be on the PC.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_PC_Gamer

and that's just a few. there's a ton of games that will NEVER be ported to the PC.

killax3563

which is fine, 99% of them are not worth it, and better alternatives are easily found on the PC (see Halo).

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GodLovesDead
Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JP_Russell

lol. i know, that post what partially trolling in spirit anyways. i think those games suck.

um.... Shadow of the Collusus, MLB 08: the Show (if ur in to sports games),

Warhawk.....i know its similar to the battlefield games but IMO much, much cleaner (less cheaters). the very nature of PC's (open platform) makes it ripe for cheating. really, the only cheaters u'll see on Warhawk are glitchers and the developers, forgot their name, they fix the glitches with each update. on the other hand, games like battlefield have programs u can download that enable cheating. that's type of cheating doesn't occure on console multi games.

Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid 4, Persona 3,

and that's just a few. there's a ton of good/great games that will NEVER be ported to the PC.

killax3563

You're right (except for the comment about cheaters in Battlefield; they're nearly non-existent on Punkbuster servers), but the same can be said the other way around.

elitegeek13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elitegeek13

Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. GodLovesDead

oh i know. But imagine playing it cross-platform like they have with the Xbox...i shudder at the thought of not being able to aim with my trusty logitech.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Toriko42

Consoles suck man...they're proprietary, you can't mod your games, and your selection is miniscule compared to the pc. Secondly you have to deal with the hell of controllers...gah...try playing BF2 with an Xbox controller against pc players and you're screwed. And you lose RTS and decent MMORPGS....and instead of free online play you have to play for Xbox Live. On top of that you don't get any open source software like Sauerbraten.

elitegeek13
I don't mod my games anyway, selection is pretty good, better then picking from expansion packs, sequels, and console ports. Controllers are fine since you're playing against others with controllers.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#25 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

PC had lots of exclusives last year, will have a few this year too. We still have enough good games coming to make it worth it. Sure we get bad ports, has happened for quite a while.

There are really hardly any games on console I want to play, across all systems I could name maybe 5, the rest are on PC or are coming shortly.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Well good for you, eventually when the PC pulls ahead of the Xbox360 and more devs step up instead of Epic who are cry babies, we hope you are having fun on your 360. Also enjoy playing shooters on your console. Plus the Ps3 will get more unique games anyway, 360 and PC are the same thing.
elitegeek13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 elitegeek13
[QUOTE="elitegeek13"]

Toriko42

I don't mod my games anyway, selection is pretty good, better then picking from expansion packs, sequels, and console ports. Controllers are fine since you're playing against others with controllers.

Yeah, but with all the cross platforming its getting harder to beat some guy who maxes the sensitivity on his mouse with a controller.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OoSuperMarioO
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="elitegeek13"]

elitegeek13

Yeah, but with all the cross platforming its getting harder to beat some guy who maxes the sensitivity on his mouse with a controller.

I tell guys this all the time. If your playing against a player who adjust to a 2000DPI scan mouse you in for a World of trouble.
killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killax3563

Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. GodLovesDead

and how would u know? i know there are cheaters. i played a bf2142 game with battlerecorder on. when i watched the movie, there was some dude inside of a crate killing ppl (something u normally shouldn't be allowed to do). cheating like that isn't apparent in the heat of battle.

unfortantely, most bf games have battlerecorder turned off.

if bf2 or bf2142 had a 'killcam' like the call of duty games, i can almost guarentee u you'd spot much, much more cheating. i think that's probably why ea doesn't have a killcam bc people would complain about cheaters and ea would have to get off their lazy butts to fix it. which would be too much work for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

and that's just a few. there's a ton of games that will NEVER be ported to the PC.

killax3563

which is fine, 99% of them are not worth it, and better alternatives are easily found on the PC (see Halo).

stop being such a damn pc fanboy. just because u probably spent $1000+ on a gaming pc doesn't u have to be ignorant.

name me a pc alternative to shadow of the collosus.

mlb08 the show.

rachet and clank.

nba 2k8.

persona 3.

MLB08/NBA 2k8 - i could care less about sports games

Shadow of the Colossus - while there's no PC game exactly like it, there are tons of games that are stupefyingly gorgeous or incredible

Ratchet and Clank - there are tons of games out there with insane and fun weapons for the PC, although they do lack the platforming aspect...you have a point with this title, but it's merely a reason to open your horizons and play every platform

SMT anything - there are tons of fantastic RPGs on the PC

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JP_Russell
[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

killax3563

stop being such a damn pc fanboy. just because u probably spent $1000+ on a gaming pc doesn't u have to be ignorant.

mlb08 the show.

rachet and clank.

nba 2k8.

persona 3.

Alternatives as in games that are similar? Or alternatives as in just games in general that won't be ported to consoles?

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
We still have tons of great games that have come out recently; Audiosurf, Witcher, Soase, Stalker, etc. The PC still has the most annoucned exclusives and highly rated titles. -_-
killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

infect999

mlb08 the show.

rachet and clank.

nba 2k8.

persona 3.

Shadow of the Colossus - while there's no PC game exactly like it, there are tons of games that are stupefyingly gorgeous or incredible

Ratchet and Clank - there are tons of games out there with insane and fun weapons for the PC, although they do lack the platforming aspect...you have a point with this title, but it's merely a reason to open your horizons and play every platform

of course YOU don't care about sports games but there are plenty of gamers who do. and if they just own a pc for gaming, they're pretty much SOL.

a whole genre of game (sports) that's much, much better represented on consoles vs pc's.... that's a damn good reason to choose consoles over pc's for gaming.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GodLovesDead

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. killax3563

and how would u know? i know there are cheaters. i played a bf2142 game with battlerecorder on. when i watched the movie, there was some dude inside of a crate killing ppl (something u normally shouldn't be allowed to do). cheating like that isn't apparent in the heat of battle.

if bf2 or bf2142 had a 'killcam' like the call of duty games, i can almost guarentee u you'd spot much, much more cheating. i think that's probably why ea doesn't have a killcam bc people would complain about cheaters and ea would have to get off their lazy butts to fix it. which would be too much work for them.

That's not a hack. Just a minor glitch. You can do similar things in console shooters such as Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 where you appear out of the level and can shoot back in on the people still inside the level.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JP_Russell
[QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

killax3563

mlb08 the show.

rachet and clank.

nba 2k8.

persona 3.

of course YOU don't care about sports games but there are plenty of gamers who do. and if they just own a pc for gaming, they're pretty much SOL.

a whole genre of game (sports) that's much, much better represented on consoles vs pc's.... that's a damn good reason to choose consoles over pc's for gaming.

Again, you can take that the other way. RTS's, TBS's, RPG's ("real" RPG's), MMO's, simulations, they're all represented much more on the PC. I could bring FPS's up too, but I'll keep the examples at popularity and representation as opposed to my or popular opinion about what platforms genres are much better on.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JP_Russell
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. GodLovesDead

That's not a hack. Just a minor glitch. You can do similar things in console shooters such as Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 where you appear out of the level and can shoot back in on the people still inside the level.

Yeah, it's an exploit. You'll find them in pretty much any multiplayer game.

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

JP_Russell

mlb08 the show.

rachet and clank.

nba 2k8.

persona 3.

Again, you can take that the other way. RTS's, TBS's, RPG's ("real" RPG's), MMO's, simulations, they're all represented much more on the PC. I could bring FPS's up too, but I'll keep the examples at popularity and representation as opposed to my or popular opinion about what platforms genres are much better on.

of course, i agree.

but what 'pc gamer', what ever his SN is, was saying pretty much every game on the consoles has a good equivalent or port is on the pc side. his statement is false when u look at sports games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
[QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

killax3563

mlb08 the show.

rachet and clank.

nba 2k8.

persona 3.

did you not read my comment about Ratchet and Clank?

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

There are plenty of great games on PC I don't know how you can say there aren't any. The console game you list are between three or more platforms, so there goes your price comparison. Last generation I made the mistake of buying an Xbox instead of upgrading my PC, and there were two games that I enjoyed on it, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Simpsons Hit & Run, I will not make the same mistake again. Anyways go play your console games while I will enjoy Stalker, Witcher, Mask of the Betrayer, Supreme Commander, World in Conflict, Sins of a Solar Empire, Europa Universalis 3 and all the old games like Nexus that I still have to play and all the upcoming games like StarCraft 2 and Storm of War that I am looking forward to.

xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
There's a gigantic, horrible flaw with so many people who enjoy video games that think they must migrate and remain faithful to one exclusive platform. You miss out by cutting yourself off from variety in gaming. The PC may very well be getting less and less attention by dev's and the like, but there's a handful of exlusives each year that deliver experiences unmatched by many console games. /rant
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Toriko42
I think it comes down to this, I hate all the PC games coming out, I hate most of the games you guys like on PC
And I don't have a killer rig to play Crysis
killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killax3563
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. JP_Russell

who cares. that wasn't even my point. my point is that on the pc side a gamer can download programs to cheat. do they have aimbots for warhawk? no. can u download a program for warhawk that lets u see other players through walls? no.

and don't even mention punkbuster b/c i'm sure there's plenty of cheats punkbuster can't pick up on (i dont know of any b/c i don't cheat but i'm sure there are).

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Granted, some are good like Gears of War
Toriko42

:|

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nikalai_88

There are plenty of great games on PC I don't know how you can say there aren't any. The console game you list are between three or more platforms, so there goes your price comparison. Last generation I made the mistake of buying an Xbox instead of upgrading my PC, and there were two games that I enjoyed on it, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Simpsons Hit & Run, I will not make the same mistake again. Anyways go play your console games while I will enjoy Stalker, Witcher, Mask of the Betrayer, Supreme Commander, World in Conflict, Sins of a Solar Empire, Europa Universalis 3 and all the old games like Nexus that I still have to play and all the upcoming games like StarCraft 2 and Storm of War that I am looking forward to. And yes I will buy a console (wii), so I will enjoy all the party games and all the quirky console games that get released, but I hope you enojoy paying more than $50 a year for online and games that are 35-45% more expensive.

P.S. What annoys me the most is that a few years down the road when there is a great PC exlusive coming up the TP will be part of the group that wines for it to come to his console because PC gaming was to expensive and there were no good games for it.

pdkkbarnes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pdkkbarnes1
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
adios
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GodLovesDead
[QUOTE="JP_Russell"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. killax3563

who cares. that wasn't even my point. my point is that on the pc side a gamer can download programs to cheat. do they have aimbots for warhawk? no. can u download a program for warhawk that lets u see other players through walls? no.

and don't even mention punkbuster b/c i'm sure there's plenty of cheats punkbuster can't pick up on (i dont know of any b/c i don't cheat but i'm sure there are).

That may be your point - but who cares? You couldn't even pull out a proper hacking example from past experience. So how are all these hackers affecting anyone decisions if they are nowhere to be found? Sure, you can download a program. But guess what - you'll get caught in under a week and your game will be disabled. And then you wasted all of your money.

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nikalai_88

I think it comes down to this, I hate all the PC games coming out, I hate most of the games you guys like on PC
And I don't have a killer rig to play CrysisToriko42

Then keep quiet and go away. Most of the games coming out now feel more oldschool anyways, like fps/rpg's, the resurgence of crpg's and complex strategy games, now all we need is more sim games and we are set. Since you were part of the group that disliked them then I am glad that you are leaving, maybe will get less of an onslaught of online shooters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
[QUOTE="JP_Russell"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

with consoles sporting fancy new hard drives, dont be surprised when people upload hacks to them

cmdrmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 cmdrmonkey
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts
You won't find what you're looking for on the consoles. If you think the games are shallow on PC, just wait til' you see some of the crap that passes for "good games" on the consoles. Halo 3 anyone? I guarantee that in a few months you will find yourself bored, and feeling like you wasted your money. But eh, whatever. We all have to make our own mistakes.