Why I am Leaving PC Gaming

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="JP_Russell"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. infect999

and how would u know? i know there are cheaters. i played a bf2142 game with battlerecorder on. when i watched the movie, there was some dude inside of a crate killing ppl (something u normally shouldn't be allowed to do). cheating like that isn't apparent in the heat of battle.

unfortantely, most bf games have battlerecorder turned off.

if bf2 or bf2142 had a 'killcam' like the call of duty games, i can almost guarentee u you'd spot much, much more cheating. i think that's probably why ea doesn't have a killcam bc people would complain about cheaters and ea would have to get off their lazy butts to fix it. which would be too much work for them.

That's not a hack. Just a minor glitch. You can do similar things in console shooters such as Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 where you appear out of the level and can shoot back in on the people still inside the level.

Yeah, it's an exploit. You'll find them in pretty much any multiplayer game.

who cares. that wasn't even my point. my point is that on the pc side a gamer can download programs to cheat. do they have aimbots for warhawk? no. can u download a program for warhawk that lets u see other players through walls? no.

and don't even mention punkbuster b/c i'm sure there's plenty of cheats punkbuster can't pick up on (i dont know of any b/c i don't cheat but i'm sure there are).

with consoles sporting fancy new hard drives, dont be surprised when people upload hacks to them

I am curious how the open network for UT3 for the PS3 is going to turn out.

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 killax3563
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="JP_Russell"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. GodLovesDead

and how would u know? i know there are cheaters. i played a bf2142 game with battlerecorder on. when i watched the movie, there was some dude inside of a crate killing ppl (something u normally shouldn't be allowed to do). cheating like that isn't apparent in the heat of battle.

if bf2 or bf2142 had a 'killcam' like the call of duty games, i can almost guarentee u you'd spot much, much more cheating. i think that's probably why ea doesn't have a killcam bc people would complain about cheaters and ea would have to get off their lazy butts to fix it. which would be too much work for them.

That's not a hack. Just a minor glitch. You can do similar things in console shooters such as Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 where you appear out of the level and can shoot back in on the people still inside the level.

who cares. that wasn't even my point. my point is that on the pc side a gamer can download programs to cheat. do they have aimbots for warhawk? no. can u download a program for warhawk that lets u see other players through walls? no.

and don't even mention punkbuster b/c i'm sure there's plenty of cheats punkbuster can't pick up on (i dont know of any b/c i don't cheat but i'm sure there are).

That may be your point - but who cares? You couldn't even pull out a proper hacking example from past experience. So how are all these hackers affecting anyone decisions if they are nowhere to be found? Sure, you can download a program. But guess what - you'll get caught in under a week and your game will be disabled. And then you wasted all of your money.

um....i was saying warhawk was a cleaner game than bf or probably any other popular multiplayer pc game. that will probably always be true. that's due to the nature of pc games vs console games.

so what if my example wasn't a hack? is my statement correct or not? its correct.

and there's tons of ppl who complain about cheaters on bf or bf2142. so much so that they stop playing the game. and from what i've read, ppl who complain about warhawk (the few) don't really complain about cheating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="JP_Russell"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. killax3563

That may be your point - but who cares? You couldn't even pull out a proper hacking example from past experience. So how are all these hackers affecting anyone decisions if they are nowhere to be found? Sure, you can download a program. But guess what - you'll get caught in under a week and your game will be disabled. And then you wasted all of your money.

um....i was saying warhawk was a cleaner game than bf or probably any other popular multiplayer pc game. that will probably always be true. that's due to the nature of pc games vs console games.

so what if my example wasn't a hack? is my statement correct or not? its correct.

and there's tons of ppl who complain about cheaters on bf or bf2142. so much so that they stop playing the game. and from what i've read, ppl who complain about warhawk (the few) don't really complain about cheating.

is it possible the game is "cleaner" because it is much more limited? i'm not saying Warhawk is a bad game, i'm just saying with a console game, you dont get as many freedoms online as with a PC game

more freedoms means more of negative, but even more of positive

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="JP_Russell"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. infect999

is it possible the game is "cleaner" because it is much more limited? i'm not saying Warhawk is a bad game, i'm just saying with a console game, you dont get as many freedoms online as with a PC game

more freedoms means more of negative, but even more of positive

i agree.

consoles- closed system, 'less freedom', less room for cheating programs.

pc- open system, 'more freedom' for mods but also more freedom for cheating programs.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#55 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
No more posts that just say "Adios". You're useless if you say that
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

of course, i agree.

but what 'pc gamer', what ever his SN is, was saying pretty much every game on the consoles has a good equivalent or port is on the pc side. his statement is false when u look at sports games.

killax3563

How so?? Every Year EA puts out the FIFA, NHL, and other sports games, and they all get a PC port with no delay.

And of course... add to that all the custom user content (jerseys, roster updates, game tweaks etc etc), all free and updated almost daily, and I'd say the PC Sports community dominates anything the consoles have.

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#57 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

No more posts that just say "Adios". You're useless if you say thatToriko42

Adios Amigo?

TheDuffman26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheDuffman26
Member since 2006 • 1346 Posts

Honestly its kind of sad to say this... but I have more fun putting together a kickass PC than actually playing games on it. Video games for me are fun for like 10 minutes and then I get bored of them. The last really good game that held me over for awhile before I got sick of it was Oblivion. I mean even HL2 series is even boring for me now. Whats wrong with me?

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
you'll come back when u meet the xbl community:lol:
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 The_PC_Gamer

Honestly its kind of sad to say this... but I have more fun putting together a kickass PC than actually playing games on it. Video games for me are fun for like 10 minutes and then I get bored of them. The last really good game that held me over for awhile before I got sick of it was Oblivion. I mean even HL2 series is even boring for me now. Whats wrong with me?

TheDuffman26

you're a tech junkie rather than a gamer :)

its ok, we still

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5

you'll come back when u meet the xbl community:lol:inyourface_12

no kidding

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

of course, i agree.

but what 'pc gamer', what ever his SN is, was saying pretty much every game on the consoles has a good equivalent or port is on the pc side. his statement is false when u look at sports games.

The_PC_Gamer

How so?? Every Year EA puts out the FIFA, NHL, and other sports games, and they all get a PC port with no delay.

And of course... add to that all the custom user content (jerseys, roster updates, game tweaks etc etc), all free and updated almost daily, and I'd say the PC Sports community dominates anything the consoles have.

wow, ur defense of pc gaming is getting pathetic.

yeah EA releases sports games on the pc side. and they usually suck. bad. (compared to the console versions). 'custom uniforms' mean little if the gameplay sucks (for ea sports games on the pc, the gameplay is usually pretty poor).

and EA's the only company that makes basketball or hockey games so ur pretty much stuck with EA suckage with those two sports on the pc side. vs on the console where other companies also make sports games.

also, there's no baseball games for the pc. EA doesn't make baseball games (take2 has the exclusive contract for that).

face it. be honest, sports games on the pc aren't even comparable to the console side. both in terms of quality and quantity.

Mediocre_man90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mediocre_man90
Member since 2006 • 968 Posts
How about this: We all accept that there are good games for both the PC and consoles, and accept that both have strengths and weaknesses. That sound like it might work? The endless argument back and forth over whether there is cheating on PC's or not, the argument over which platform is better for which genre, etc... all it is is posturing in hopes of feeling better about exclusivity.
The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 The_PC_Gamer

face it. be honest, sports games on the pc aren't even comparable to the console side. both in terms of quality and quantity. killax3563

k. my "defense" isnt pathetic because im clearly swarming you with more facts than you can handle. The whole "gameplay sucks" idea is your own opinion which means little when we are having a factual argument.

And the facts are: PC offers endless updates and customizibility, whereas consoles you're stuck waiting for a patch.

Baseball games I couldnt care less for, I dont even consider it a sport, so thats once again our difference in opinion, not facts. There is a reason they dont make PC version of baseball games, NOBODY BUYS IT! Only reason they do for consoles is profits from renting.

Yes we are stuck with EA, and it may seem like a problem. But why does it matter? We're still getting our games, are we not?

And to conclude, pc versions of sports games are very much comparable, and superior. Maybe not in quantity, but surely in quality and community.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
[QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

of course, i agree.

killax3563

yeah EA releases sports games on the pc side. and they usually suck. bad. (compared to the console versions). 'custom uniforms' mean little if the gameplay sucks (for ea sports games on the pc, the gameplay is usually pretty poor).

and EA's the only company that makes basketball or hockey games so ur pretty much stuck with EA suckage with those two sports on the pc side. vs on the console where other companies also make sports games.

also, there's no baseball games for the pc. EA doesn't make baseball games (take2 has the exclusive contract for that).

face it. be honest, sports games on the pc aren't even comparable to the console side. both in terms of quality and quantity.

can i restate something?

it's best as a gamer to be open to everything and play games on EVERY PLATFORM...consoles may have great sports games, but the PC has great games in other genres to balance it out

as teh_masterer once said, "If one is to truly pwn, one must pwn at all games."

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 The_PC_Gamer

as teh_masterer once said, "If one is to truly pwn, one must pwn at all games."

infect999

Pure pwnage rocks dude :D

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

face it. be honest, sports games on the pc aren't even comparable to the console side. both in terms of quality and quantity. The_PC_Gamer

k. my "defense" isnt pathetic because im clearly swarming you with more facts than you can handle. The whole "gameplay sucks" idea is your own opinion which means little when we are having a factual argument.

And the facts are: PC offers endless updates and customizibility, whereas consoles you're stuck waiting for a patch.

Baseball games I couldnt care less for, I dont even consider it a sport, so thats once again our difference in opinion, not facts. There is a reason they dont make PC version of baseball games, NOBODY BUYS IT! Only reason they do for consoles is profits from renting.

Yes we are stuck with EA, and it may seem like a problem. But why does it matter? We're still getting our games, are we not?

And to conclude, pc versions of sports games are very much comparable, and superior. Maybe not in quantity, but surely in quality and community.

my opinion? what's the metacritic scores for those ea pc games? compare them to the console versions. i can almost guarentee the metacritic scores are lower. check up on it.

oh yeah, the world doesn't revolve around u b/c a lot of people like baseball games. and even non-baseball fans love mlb08 the show.

being stuck with ea does matter b/c gamers don't have a choice.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
The PC has more high quality exclusives than ALL CONSOLES COMBINED THIS GEN. Im not saying that eveyone should buy a gaming pc, but to say that consoles have more exclsuives is just wrong.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p7pcq78sddbXfN0A-LjKWEA

Total AAA (# exclusive)

• PC: 15 (8 )
  • Xbox 360: 13 (4)
  • PS3: 8 (0)
  • Wii: 5 (4)

Total AA (# exclusive)

• PC: 75 (52)
  • Xbox 360: 57 (10)
  • PS3: 32 (4)
  • Wii: 15 (5)
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]Have you even seen a cheater in BF2? I've put atleast 200 hours into that game and the only cheating was mass vehicle drops (and who cares about that?). The BF series is way superior to Warhawk. I played both. killax3563

Stick in a death cam and you basically kill the sniper class as people now know where you are. As for cheating, it isn't as common as you think in the BF series. I put in many hours into BF2142 and only had to deal with cheaters/exploiters at the initial launch. Now it is pretty much clean servers all around that use punkbuster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5

face it. be honest, sports games on the pc aren't even comparable to the console side. both in terms of quality and quantity. killax3563

my opinion? what's the metacritic scores for those ea pc games? compare them to the console versions. i can almost guarentee the metacritic scores are lower. check up on it.

oh yeah, the world doesn't revolve around u b/c a lot of people like baseball games. and even non-baseball fans love mlb08 the show.

gamers dont have a choice with NFL games because EA solely owns the license

metacritic scores dont mean everything, its helpful, but its an average of opinions...i've seen things on metacritic with scores ranging from the 80s to the 20s...like PC gamer said, its all based on your opinion

Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

I think it comes down to this, I hate all the PC games coming out, I hate most of the games you guys like on PC
And I don't have a killer rig to play CrysisToriko42

Well not everyone will enjoy PC gaming. Just like a person who loves computer based RPGs can hate Tabletop games. What you should do is go out and find exactly what you like. No need to go around stating stuff that will either A) Get the people who do enjoy the platform annoyed or B) Make you look like a fanboy (Not saying you are)

Also, if you ever wanted to you could get a console and still enjoy the PC for what ever game catches you attention. Hell, I have a 360 but my primary system in the PC. I use the 360 for games like Rock band and GH but 99% of the time all it ends up being is an expensive paperweight.

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

face it. be honest, sports games on the pc aren't even comparable to the console side. both in terms of quality and quantity. infect999

metacritic scores dont mean everything, its helpful, but its an average of opinions...i've seen things on metacritic with scores ranging from the 80s to the 20s...like PC gamer said, its all based on your opinion

.....and the opinion of most of the reviewers. besides, dig up the metacritic scores to prove i'm wrong. go ahead, prove i'm wrong with the metacritic scores. u can't do it, simple as that.

how about nhl or basketball games? no exclusives there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
[QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

.....and the opinion of most of the reviewers. besides, dig up the metacritic scores to prove i'm wrong. go ahead, prove i'm wrong with the metacritic scores. u can't do it, simple as that.

i did look up the scores, and each had good averages, but the point i'm trying to get across is IT DOESNT MATTER! its just opinions, and everyone has their own...look at the actual scores from the different reviewers on the metacritic pages and it'll be clearer

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

No more posts that just say "Adios". You're useless if you say thatToriko42

So, what exactly do you want from the gamers on this forum. People have given you game recommendations and their thoughts on PC and console gaming, both of which you do not agree with. Like people have said before, why say you are leaving pc gaming, when you can go out and buy whatever console you want. Then if a pc game comes around that you are interested in, you can pick that up aswell.

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

face it. be honest, sports games on the pc aren't even comparable to the console side. both in terms of quality and quantity. infect999

i did look up the scores, and each had good averages, but the point i'm trying to get across is IT DOESNT MATTER! its just opinions, and everyone has their own...look at the actual scores from the different reviewers on the metacritic pages and it'll be clearer

what are those scores anyways? how do they compare to the scores for the console version? prove i'm wrong, i just can't wait.

opinions do matter.....its called QUALITY. and in a debate about quality, professional review scores are valid items to use.

tell me those metacritic scores. are u afraid of being wrong? lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
[QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

what are those scores anyways? how do they compare to the scores for the console version? prove i'm wrong, i just can't wait.

opinions do matter.....its called QUALITY. and in a debate about quality, professional review scores are valid items to use.

the console versions scored slightly higher averages than the PC versions in some cases, the PC version scored higher in others

and a professional review is nothing less than the extensive opinion of someone who is being payed to tell you their opinion, not everyone's score will be the same...the magazine EGM, in which they post the scores of three different reviewers, is a great example of this. let me use Assassin's Creed as an example: two reviewers gave it a very high score (9+/10 i believe), while one gave it a mediocre 5.5. everyone has their own opinion, and one's opinion, or an average of opinions, can not be perceived as fact.

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

the console versions scored slightly higher averages than the PC versions in some cases, the PC version scored higher in others

and a professional review is nothing less than the extensive opinion of someone who is being payed to tell you their opinion, not everyone's score will be the same...the magazine EGM, in which they post the scores of three different reviewers, is a great example of this. let me use Assassin's Creed as an example: two reviewers gave it a very high score (9+/10 i believe), while one gave it a mediocre 5.5. everyone has their own opinion, and one's opinion, or an average of opinions, can not be perceived as fact.

lol. what are the actual metacritic scores? give me numbers. no spin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
[QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

madden 08: Xbox 360 - 85
PS3 - 81
PC - 75
Wii - 76
PS2 - 78

madden 07: Xbox 360 - 80
PS3 - 76
PC - 80
Wii - 81
PS2 - 84

madden 06: Xbox 360 - 74
PS3 - n/a
PC - 78
Wii - n/a
PS2 - 88

i'd say they're pretty evenly matched

and how much more do i have to drive the point that these are merely opinions into your head?

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"][QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="The_PC_Gamer"][QUOTE="killax3563"]

PS3 - 81
PC - 75
Wii - 76
PS2 - 78

PS3 - 76
PC - 80
Wii - 81
PS2 - 84

PS3 - n/a
PC - 78
Wii - n/a
PS2 - 88

and how much more do i have to drive the point that these are merely opinions into your head?

no, not evenly matched.

madden 06 and 07 don't count. they're old. madden 08 is the only game that counts in this debate b/c a gamer who wants a football game would not buy madden 06 or 07.

how about nhl 08? i can't wait for this either.

and the wii and ps2 don't count either b/c they use relatively old tech. a modern pc is way more powerful than either the wii or the ps2. if ur going to include the ps2 and wii, why don't u include the nintendo ds and sony psp? and don't tell me they're portables b/c gaming laptops are also portable.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 The_PC_Gamer
The PC has more high quality exclusives than ALL CONSOLES COMBINED THIS GEN. Im not saying that eveyone should buy a gaming pc, but to say that consoles have more exclsuives is just wrong.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p7pcq78sddbXfN0A-LjKWEA

Total AAA (# exclusive)

• PC: 15 (8 )
  • Xbox 360: 13 (4)
  • PS3: 8 (0)
  • Wii: 5 (4)

Total AA (# exclusive)

• PC: 75 (52)
  • Xbox 360: 57 (10)
  • PS3: 32 (4)
  • Wii: 15 (5)

anshul89

thats an excellent list.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 The_PC_Gamer

no, not evenly matched.

madden 06 and 07 don't count. they're old. madden 08 is the only game that counts in this debate b/c a gamer who wants a football game would not buy madden 06 or 07.

and the wii and ps2 don't count either b/c they use relatively old tech. a modern pc is way more powerful than either the wii or the ps2. if ur going to include the ps2 and wii, why don't u include the nintendo ds and sony psp? and don't tell me they're portables b/c gaming laptops are also portable.

killax3563

ROFL dude, this is sad. We throw NUMBERS in your face like you requested, and you say they dont matter for one reason or another.

What happened to making us get the Metacritic scores? U wanted to see the scores just to go against them?

gg

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

no, not evenly matched.

The_PC_Gamer

ROFL dude, this is sad. We throw NUMBERS in your face like you requested, and you say they dont matter for one reason or another.

What happened to making us get the Metacritic scores? U wanted to see the scores just to go against them?

gg

okay, what about nhl 08?

what about nba 08?

i can't wait for this. prove i'm wrong. and just the numbers, no spinning things like u guys like to do. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5ff54ab0475a5
[QUOTE="infect999"]

PS3 - 81
PC - 75
Wii - 76
PS2 - 78

PS3 - 76
PC - 80
Wii - 81
PS2 - 84

PS3 - n/a
PC - 78
Wii - n/a
PS2 - 88

killax3563

no, not evenly matched.

how does the Wii not count? its current gen...and PS2 is still a top-selling console, so its in the game too...and a gaming laptop doesn't qualify as a portable...a better word for a portable system is "handheld"

also, do you not understand that its only opinions, and everyone forms their own opinion, and no opinion can be taken as fact? do you not understand that its good to play both consoles and PC? do you not understand that every platform has strengths and weaknesses to the others? do you not understand that this is a completely pointless argument?

i'm tired and i want to go to bed, so i'm done here

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 killax3563
[QUOTE="killax3563"][QUOTE="infect999"]

PS3 - 81
PC - 75
Wii - 76
PS2 - 78

PS3 - 76
PC - 80
Wii - 81
PS2 - 84

PS3 - n/a
PC - 78
Wii - n/a
PS2 - 88

infect999

no, not evenly matched.

how does the Wii not count? its current gen...and PS2 is still a top-selling console, so its in the game too...and a gaming laptop doesn't qualify as a portable...a better word for a portable system is "handheld"

also, do you not understand that its only opinions, and everyone forms their own opinion, and no opinion can be taken as fact? do you not understand that its good to play both consoles and PC? do you not understand that every platform has strengths and weaknesses to the others? do you not understand that this is a completely pointless argument?

i'm tired and i want to go to bed, so i'm done here

lol, wow. quitting already. how does it feel to be owned in a debate? i owned u and 'pc gamer. lol, very funny.

oh btw, i'm waiting for the metacitic scores for nhl08 and nba08. ps3, xbox 360 vs pc only. just the scores, no spin.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Goodbye.
ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts

I can't see why people can't enjoy console gaming and pc gaming at the same time and why people must stick to one platform or system. Is it really that hard?. I mean, I'm a console gamer and a pc gamer and get the best of both worlds.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

I can't see why people can't enjoy console gaming and pc gaming at the same time and why people must stick to one platform or system. Is it really that hard?. I mean, I'm a console gamer and a pc gamer and get the best of both worlds.

ForsbergFan21
QFT, it's silly really. Have a decent PC instead of a high-end and buy a PS3. Later on you can get a Wii for cheap.
killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 killax3563

ForsbergFan21

this argument (about consoles) is about my position that sports games are better represented on the console side both in terms of the quanitity and quality of sports games. the guy called 'pc gamer' said sports games on the pc are just as GOOD compared to their console counterparts. and i disagreed, that's how this mini-debate started.

me personally, i enjoy both console and pc gaming. each 'side' has their strengths and weaknesses.

Hector_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Hector_01
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts

of course, i agree.

killax3563

Same can be said about RTS games on consoles. They suck. There is no comparing RTS games on console to pc. The fact that you say sports games have no gameplay on pc is pointless. What you should be saying is without a controller, sports games on pc are not that great. Personally FPS games on PC are superior as well. Just like fighting games are superior on console although big whoop. Besides SSBB that is lol.

Apillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Apillow
Member since 2003 • 1062 Posts

Here is a perfect exampling coming from a console gamer that in the last week has officially switched to PC gaming. Take NHL 08 for console... In one year you have to buy a new one to get the new rosters. Pc gamers just download the new rosters for free without having to buy a whole new game if they don't want to. It's all about choices and that is why I have switched.

PC sports gaming would be just like the console all you have to do is buy a 360 wired controller or a wireless controller with the hub. End of debate.

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 killax3563

Here is a perfect exampling coming from a console gamer that in the last week has officially switched to PC gaming. Take NHL 08 for console... In one year you have to buy a new one to get the new rosters. Pc gamers just download the new rosters for free without having to buy a whole new game if they don't want to. It's all about choices and that is why I have switched.Apillow

yeah right. that's why u switched? just so u can get nhl rosters for free? umm.... that's a little weird.

killax3563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 killax3563

Here is a perfect exampling coming from a console gamer that in the last week has officially switched to PC gaming. Take NHL 08 for console... In one year you have to buy a new one to get the new rosters. Pc gamers just download the new rosters for free without having to buy a whole new game if they don't want to. It's all about choices and that is why I have switched.

PC sports gaming would be just like the console all you have to do is buy a 360 wired controller or a wireless controller with the hub. End of debate.

Apillow

correction. pc gaming would be like xbox 360 gaming.

there's ps3 games and wii games that don't have anything comparable on the pc or xbox 360 (mgs4, ff, mlb08 the show, etc).

Robertoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Robertoey
Member since 2005 • 1996 Posts
It's true that there are a lot more games being developed for the console right now, but the absolutely best games. The ones that I get really hyped about, are all on the pc.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#98 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Reasons Why You Should Get A Life

1. Consoles S-U-C-K

jordo08wii
With posts like that no wonder the thread died
xuimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 xuimod
Member since 2003 • 841 Posts
[QUOTE="killax3563"]

no, not evenly matched.

The_PC_Gamer

gg

are u serious?

dude, what the hell are u talking about? pc sports games suck. just look at the metacritic scores. i can't believe u honestly think pc spors games are as good as console sports games.

wow. just wow.

Apillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Apillow
Member since 2003 • 1062 Posts

[QUOTE="Apillow"]Here is a perfect exampling coming from a console gamer that in the last week has officially switched to PC gaming. Take NHL 08 for console... In one year you have to buy a new one to get the new rosters. Pc gamers just download the new rosters for free without having to buy a whole new game if they don't want to. It's all about choices and that is why I have switched.killax3563

yeah right. that's why u switched? just so u can get nhl rosters for free? umm.... that's a little weird.

I said that was an example. I'm not getting into a pc vs console gaming. Enjoy what you enjoy.