The game you most regret paying for?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thelmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Thelmen
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts

Far Cry 2 on the 360 i played until i got 69% only to get the save game bug so i had to start all over and it just feels like a chore, the

game design breaks what could had been a really great game.

1.Always being chased by jeeps that doesn't give up until you or them are dead.

2.Always having the feeling of being rushed because of the malaria.

3.Never ending respawn camps and guards that jump in to their jeep as soon as you fire 1 bullet.

i really really wanted to like this game and i looked passed it flaws the first time i played it but now i just dont think its fun playing it

it feels like a chore just going thru the game and i want i to be over or atleast get to where i was before the savegame destroyed it

i can live pass the gun caravans going in circles and stuff like that butt when i have better games to play instead of this **** it

just isnt fun anymore, the graphics are great and its high budget but the design just makes the game annoying to play

and i dont have patience for it anymore.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#302 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Company of Heroes apposing fronts, locks you in multiplayer mode straight out of the box and forces you to patch, LAME. And by patch I mean about 3GB worth.....
Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Mr__Peanut
Member since 2008 • 828 Posts

I agree with Thelmen, the jeeps are monotonous as hell and that game really feels lifeless without any kind of civilians.

Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Mr__Peanut

Empire total war since it's STILL broken and crashes once your 3 or 4 hours into a campaign and corrupts your file

sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#305 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
I don't regret getting any game, i search before i get any game
Anthony01355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Anthony01355
Member since 2006 • 1486 Posts

Battlefield 2 for Xbox then buying it for 360 a few weeks later when that console came out, only to find out they're the same game.

Farcry 2.

Morrow66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Morrow66
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Spore here
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
hmmm uhh Assassin's Creed. It was worth a rent.
soupa_mario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 soupa_mario
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

I don't really regret buying any games.

However I really wish i didnt buy the dammed special edition of spore it is still sitting on store shelves nearly 10 months after realease

Flakvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#310 Flakvin
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Age of Conan & Splinter Cell: Double Agent Both were bought at full price... *shudders* I would stick Far Cry 2 on there too, but at least that game worked.
Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Mr__Peanut

EEK! the cat for super Nintendo

KFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 KFear
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts

Crysis. I have no clue how the hell people thought that game was good. It was horrible. Everything. Multiplayer was plagued with hackers, but could be fun when a good admin was there. Single-player was the biggest disappointment. Gameplay consisted of cloak, move, uncloak, repeat and despite everything the reviewers say, it is pretty goddamn linear. The enemy could take more shots than you, and had no-recoil hacks. Yet, they seem to be too stupid to effectively beat the cloak or find out where you are, despite the fact that you are running towards them at full speed. And the graphics? If you didn't have a top-of-the-line computer then you either played a slide-show or a game with below average graphics. It was obviously not meant to be played on anything other than top of the line. The vanilla settings are complete crap, and the beauty of the game is only revealed in custom configurations or levels with custom time of day. Even then, to see graphics as good as the developers originally advertised, you'd have to play a slideshow on even the best computers. Everything about that game sucked for me and I gladly lent that game to my friend for an indefinite period so that it would stop stealing the dust that it is not worth in my house.HOMIE_G64

I agree 100%. So many graphical and frame rate issues, even on my quad core and Gforce 260x. The story was terrible. The aliens looked terrible and it was obvious that they didn't know where to go with the story. Sometimes the bigger war zones were fun to play through, but i just couldn't get past the fact that the story was completely horrid.

BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

Daikatana. Bought it when it first came out for my brother for his birthday. Yeah....not really sure what I was thinking....

badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

[QUOTE="HOMIE_G64"]Crysis. I have no clue how the hell people thought that game was good. It was horrible. Everything. Multiplayer was plagued with hackers, but could be fun when a good admin was there. Single-player was the biggest disappointment. Gameplay consisted of cloak, move, uncloak, repeat and despite everything the reviewers say, it is pretty goddamn linear. The enemy could take more shots than you, and had no-recoil hacks. Yet, they seem to be too stupid to effectively beat the cloak or find out where you are, despite the fact that you are running towards them at full speed. And the graphics? If you didn't have a top-of-the-line computer then you either played a slide-show or a game with below average graphics. It was obviously not meant to be played on anything other than top of the line. The vanilla settings are complete crap, and the beauty of the game is only revealed in custom configurations or levels with custom time of day. Even then, to see graphics as good as the developers originally advertised, you'd have to play a slideshow on even the best computers. Everything about that game sucked for me and I gladly lent that game to my friend for an indefinite period so that it would stop stealing the dust that it is not worth in my house.KFear

I agree 100%. So many graphical and frame rate issues, even on my quad core and Gforce 260x. The story was terrible. The aliens looked terrible and it was obvious that they didn't know where to go with the story. Sometimes the bigger war zones were fun to play through, but i just couldn't get past the fact that the story was completely horrid.

Put me on this list too...GAWD! A Truly Bad Game Period.

If theres anything "good" that came from purchasing that POS is that I upgraded my VCard and Power Supply to run it and but my other games have benefited instead :)

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#315 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

rainbow 6 vegas 2 $9.99 that game is awful did'nt even finsh first lv in single player but played multi a few times
prince of persia and farcry 2 $20 for both boring,repeditive, prince of persia was way to easy and you can't lose

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
I don't have too many, but I guess the one I most regret is STALKER:SoC, even though I got it for $5 in a Steam deal, I probably played the game for an hour before I decided I wasn't getting in to it.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Total War Medieval 2.. Paid $50.. I think I have a full 2 hours of play time on it total after a year of having it.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
CoD4, Age of Conan, Kane's wrath C&C3, thats about it,
crazyfist36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 crazyfist36
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

i regret paying attention to Duke Nukem Forever

Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts

i regret paying attention to Duke Nukem Forever

crazyfist36

I thought you said pre-order :P .

Skillzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Skillzero
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts
Battlefield 1942... I hate to say it... I was really, really excited to get into this game seeing as I totally ignored it and went for BF2 when it came out.. I got it, installed it... Quite a few servers.. I get in game and it looks like something that you could find on the DS, it feels very very basic... meh
RabbitSDMF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 RabbitSDMF
Probably Total Immersion Racing. I payed quite a lot for it cause I thought it was a great racing game but it turned out to be really mediocre.
Diskdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Diskdrive
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

Age of Conan

Dawn of War 2

World In Conflict

Traglock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 Traglock
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Spore

_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 _rpg_FAN
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts

psychonauts, dunno why but i didnt really like it

Norwegicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#326 Norwegicus
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts

The most recent one, 7.62 - high calibre.

It is rubbish! Cant play it because it crash all the time during battle.

bdop4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 bdop4
Member since 2002 • 79 Posts

Mount&Blade

555SSOO

I personally disagree. Instead, I submit the game Medal of Honor: Airborne.

For Christ's sakes, I shot at one guy, like, SEVEN TIMES with a sniper rifle- RIGHT AT HIS EXPOSED SPINE!!!!- and the damn game said, "Nope, you tosser, you hit the rocks! Ha ha ha, suck one!"

d-rtyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 d-rtyboy
Member since 2006 • 3178 Posts
Half Life 2 and Quake 4 Just two run of the mill FPS' with not much interesting or unique. There seems to be too many of them these days and the reason I avoided Far Cry 2 and reading this thread it seems I judged correctly.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#329 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
World In Conflict Diskdrive
Same here I cant believe I blew my money on this.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
[QUOTE="Skillzero"]Battlefield 1942... I hate to say it... I was really, really excited to get into this game seeing as I totally ignored it and went for BF2 when it came out.. I got it, installed it... Quite a few servers.. I get in game and it looks like something that you could find on the DS, it feels very very basic... meh

Well you don't play old games for the graphics. And 1942 is only rated because it was revolutionary when it came out. BF2, even with outdated garphics, is just a better game than most Modern Warfare shooters (lookin' at you CoD!)
pweyot-xbox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 pweyot-xbox360
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
definetly GRAW 1 in recent years. yes, it looks good and fun but I feel it's too difficult to play. I got it at the first day, wasting my money,,,,,
grenadexjumpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 grenadexjumpr
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts

Half Life 2 and Quake 4 Just two run of the mill FPS' with not much interesting or unique. There seems to be too many of them these days and the reason I avoided Far Cry 2 and reading this thread it seems I judged correctly.d-rtyboy

I thought I was alone in this world for thinking Half Life 2 was rather boring. Hell, I even agree about World In Conflict, once you beat it its...over. There's not much replayability.

jaflounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 jaflounder

[QUOTE="555SSOO"]

Mount&Blade

bdop4

I personally disagree. Instead, I submit the game Medal of Honor: Airborne.

For Christ's sakes, I shot at one guy, like, SEVEN TIMES with a sniper rifle- RIGHT AT HIS EXPOSED SPINE!!!!- and the damn game said, "Nope, you tosser, you hit the rocks! Ha ha ha, suck one!"

Who else is totally done with WWII being Way OVER produced these days? Move ON.
topgunbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 topgunbk
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

RE3 After playing RE2 and Yuri's revenge I was so excited for the new one! But it sucked : (

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

[QUOTE="Alex41790"]

[QUOTE="JackBurton"]

BioShock. :x

$50 (plus 12 hours of my life) wasted on a game I'd played b4 and, graphics aside, it was much better the first time: System Shock 2.

JackBurton

How can you say you regret buying Bioshock. It was given a 9.0 by gamespot, selected as editors choice, and was a very popular game. If you regret buying bioshock, what dont you regret buying?

Graphics, popularity and universally high review scores do not make a game great.BioShock was nothing more than a dumbed-down and shallow re-imagining of an all-time cIassic, plain and simple (I'd like to know how BS received a 9 from GS when the clearly superior SS2 only scored an 8.5). I expected greatness but all I got in return was pretty water fx in an art deco city beneath the sea.:(

I'm sorry if the fact that I didn't agree with all the praise bestowed upon it and totally regret paying full-price offends you.

Okay, I'll go all the way back to the first (pc) game on my list of regrets so as to not offend anyone else: SimEarth - The Living Planet (1990), my first true videogame paper-weight. What a total waste of coding! (and money :evil: )

You're not alone in regretting your Bioshock purchase. It took me a year after my purchase to play through the game for more than two hours. :( However, in retrospect, I don't think the game was as bad as I made it out to be, but it was still a rather mediocre experience, and ultimately disappointing.

In addition to Bioshock, I regret buying...

GTA IV

Hellgate London

World in Conflict

and some others, which I don't want to think about right now.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#336 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

spiderman 2, spore, dawn of war 2, damnation, halo 2

BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

spore

OkuLaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 OkuLaris
Member since 2003 • 803 Posts

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (PC) :evil:

HaloEleven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 HaloEleven
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

Bioshock.

One of the most overrated games is recent history imo.

d3c3b4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 d3c3b4l
Member since 2005 • 119 Posts

Tabula Rasa .. by far.

Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Mr__Peanut

DREAMFALL The longest Journey

If ever there was a game made for Girls that was it

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
I don't have too many, but I guess the one I most regret is STALKER:SoC, even though I got it for $5 in a Steam deal, I probably played the game for an hour before I decided I wasn't getting in to it.General_X
I'm going to change this vote, after downloading the STALKER Complete 2009 mod the updated visuals have allowed me to get into the game much easier and I really enjoy it now. I guess I'll have to go all the way back to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, probably my last impulse buy of a game I hadn't researched (loved 3 but 4 was way different)
roadwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 roadwish
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts

GTAIV, Far Cry 2 and Turning Point:Fall of Liberty

Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Jodan77
Member since 2005 • 2567 Posts

SPORE

More like...Waste of Money.

Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Mr__Peanut

SPORE

More like...Waste of Money.

Jodan77
lol, nice pun
Kolossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Kolossi
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

Army Men: RTS, Hidden & Dangerous, City Life(okay game, but too different/difficult from/than other city simulations)

napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#347 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

Pre-ordering the special edition of spore

guiesseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 guiesseppe

erm, world of warcraft :P after a 2 years of paying monthly and having spent close to £230 your left feeling a little empty inside. i think thats probably one game i regret paying for, afte considering what i could have spent that money on!

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

Clive Barker's Jericho.