Farewell Steam Winter Sale!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#551 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I assume the overpowered one is Darkness 2. And how is Spec Ops a deconstruction?
yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#552 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts
i just bought civ 5 and it required 4.8 gb at first but later when donwloading it just says ??mb/2.8gb updated... PLZ HELP why is it suddenly 2.8gb is this normal?
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
i just bought civ 5 and it required 4.8 gb at first but later when donwloading it just says ??mb/2.8gb updated... PLZ HELP why is it suddenly 2.8gb is this normal?yodude1026
2.8GB download, 4.8GB install I guess.
yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts
....... oh yeh....... its about 8 gb........ damn.........
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#555 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Does anyody know if "Endless space" is good? Is it turn based or real time? I am a huge fan of civilization type of games so it is a deal if it is similiar.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Does anyody know if "Endless space" is good? Is it turn based or real time? I am a huge fan of civilization type of games so it is a deal if it is similiar.

tanerb

Turn based and yes it is good.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#557 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

I'll tell you what i saw Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 going for a couple of bucks each the other day and as much as i'd love to go through them again i had to hold myself back.

I hear they're a mess when it comes to running them on Windows 7 and they tend to crash every 40 minutes. Not sure if the people who are saying this are part of the unlucky crowd but it'd be nice to know if the Steam version was somewhat patched.

I have some of the best memories in gaming when i was younger playing through Kotor and i'd love to do it again! But can anyone confirm if they run ok on Windows 7 it'd mean the world to me. Cheers

BattleSpectre

Yup. They both run on Windows 7. :)

Elann! you've come to my rescue again haha i should call you superman from here on now.

Thanks man that's great news, i hope they are still going for so cheap and even if they do encounter problems a long the way i'm sure there's a workaround to fix em'

Not sure about KOTOR2, but with KOTOR1, you need to look for a widescreen patch thing online, otherwise playing at high resloutions suck.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Depends what you want. An over the top crazy first person shooter - where you play an overpowered badass, or a game that is a deconstruction about that very kind of game - minus the sentient tentacles?

skrat_01

OBJECTION

The Darkness 2 has a very intelligent plot and great characters. And it has a lot of heart. I gladly went with the bad ending.

The ultraviolence is there to release the pressure created by Jackie's emotional journey.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

What is better? Darkness 2 or Specs Ops The Line? I have my $5.00 2K Credit but can't decide which one of those 2 should I buy. Miroku32

I personally would go with spec ops. Both are run of the mill games in the end but at least spec ops has an interesting story and location to go with it. The darkness 2 was a major disappointment to me especially after how good the first one was. Everything about is worse than the first in every possible way. Still an alright game in the end but id take spec ops over it.

I have both by the way.

Musilitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560 Musilitar
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

The Thief Bundle is on flash sale. Does anybody know if these are adjusted for newer systems? Because I havem them on disc and remember spending hours to get them working but never succeeding...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#561 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

The Witcher 2 for $7.49. A deal you don't want to miss.

Total War SHOGUN 2 for $7.49. Activates on Steam.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 Elann2008

The Thief Bundle is on flash sale. Does anybody know if these are adjusted for newer systems? Because I havem them on disc and remember spending hours to get them working but never succeeding...

Musilitar

Yup, they play fine on newer systems. Although, you will have to find the widescreen fixer for it. And there's also a texture mod that helps quite a bit. Both easy to get working and they will both enhance your gameplay experience (Thief Deadly Shadows).

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 EliteM0nk3y
Thinking of picking up The Sims 3. Are there any expansions I should pick up as well, or would the base game be good enough?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

Depends what you want. An over the top crazy first person shooter - where you play an overpowered badass, or a game that is a deconstruction about that very kind of game - minus the sentient tentacles?

Baranga

OBJECTION

The Darkness 2 has a very intelligent plot and great characters. And it has a lot of heart. I gladly went with the bad ending.

The ultraviolence is there to release the pressure created by Jackie's emotional journey.

Sustained! That's fair enough actually - I haven't played it proper, but the first was pretty damn good in that respect, even if Starbreeze developed it. But yeah, I don't think it'll stand up next to Spec Ops in this category, despite them really converging at times. Just finished the game a moment ago, ooph. The Darkness was a nasty game, and it doesn't have anything on Spec Ops. Even the Jackie business and the violent ugliness. It's more gory for sure, but the was it contextualises things is completely different. Still, really have to get around the playing the second proper, did look good.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Musilitar
They should work fine, and there's a fan-patch thing that came out this year which revamps a whole bunch of how the Dark Engine renders things - I do believe. If I could remember what it was I'd post a link, but it's worth a google search - if I do I'll drop it.
PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

Ugh, Borderlands 2 has been on sale 3 times now. Hoping Dishonored will go on sale again at some point and Xcom will be 50% off.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 Baranga

Why is this sale so boring and repetitive and why are the games cheaper elsewhere?

Amazon, GMG and past Steam sales destroy this one.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

skrat_01

OBJECTION

Sustained! That's fair enough actually - I haven't played it proper, but the first was pretty damn good in that respect, even if Starbreeze developed it. But yeah, I don't think it'll stand up next to Spec Ops in this category, despite them really converging at times. Just finished the game a moment ago, ooph. The Darkness was a nasty game, and it doesn't have anything on Spec Ops. Even the Jackie business and the violent ugliness. It's more gory for sure, but the was it contextualises things is completely different. Still, really have to get around the playing the second proper, did look good.

I wish Starbreeze developed The Darkness 2. But they went and made Syndicate instead. Digital Extremes did an okay job with Darkness 2, but I'm sure most would have preferred Starbreeze. The original Darkness was one of the most underrated games around. The Darkness 2 pales in comparison to the original.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 Elann2008

Why is this sale so boring and repetitive and why are the games cheaper elsewhere?

Amazon, GMG and past Steam sales destroy this one.

Baranga

Agreed.

Torchlight 2 for $10. Steamworks game.

Hitman Absolution for $29.99

Some fresh hot deals at GMG Make sure you check all the pages at the bottom.

Dishonored $40.Steamworks game.

I highly recommend Deadlight and Hotline Miami. Check them out.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#570 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
And another day of lackluster deals, IMO. Thankfully, GMG has the 30% code and with it I got the Borderlands 2 Season Pass and Mechromancer DLC.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 Baranga

I wish Starbreeze developed The Darkness 2. But they went and made Syndicate instead. Digital Extremes did an okay job with Darkness 2, but I'm sure most would have preferred Starbreeze. The original Darkness was one of the most underrated games around. The Darkness 2 pales in comparison to the original. Elann2008

The original Darkness and Riddick team left Starbreeze. They're at MachineGames, working on an id Tech 5 shooter rumoured to be a new Wolfenstein.

The people still at Starbreeze had to contract their former technical director to help ship Syndicate and now they switched to UE3. I think being unable to figure out how their own engine worked doesn't inspire confidence in whoever is still there. But I liked Syndicate, it was a great power trip.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] I wish Starbreeze developed The Darkness 2. But they went and made Syndicate instead. Digital Extremes did an okay job with Darkness 2, but I'm sure most would have preferred Starbreeze. The original Darkness was one of the most underrated games around. The Darkness 2 pales in comparison to the original. Baranga

The original Darkness and Riddick team left Starbreeze. They're at MachineGames, working on an id Tech 5 shooter rumoured to be a new Wolfenstein.

The people still at Starbreeze had to contract their former technical director to help ship Syndicate and now they switched to UE3. I think being unable to figure out how their own engine worked doesn't inspire confidence in whoever is still there. But I liked Syndicate, it was a great power trip.

A proper new Wolfenstein would be awesome. Yup, Syndicate was a solid shooter, just hated all the bloom. As for Spec Ops The Line, it's also another solid shooter but its the story that really shines.
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 tanerb

just got kings' bounty :warriors of the north from gmg for 10 bucks . thanks elan. only 2 games left in my wishlist and no steam purchases so far,

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 Elann2008

just got kings' bounty :warriors of the north from gmg for 10 bucks . thanks elan. only 2 games left in my wishlist and no steam purchases so far,

tanerb

You're welcome mate. :) Thank you for helping out as well!

Here's a very nice deal. Spec Ops: The Line with Bioshock 1 + 2 for $9.99. This deal has been around for a good week but you must have noticed Spec Ops: The Line on steam daily deal for $10. You might as well grab the Desert to Sea Bundle and get the Bioshock series too! All are steam keys.

Please vote for Dead Space 2! :)

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Steam is doing absolutely terrible this sale. Everywhere else has stepped it way up by comparison.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
Hah, I was just going to post on the Desert to Sea Bundle on Amazon. Not impressed either with Steam though..
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 Elann2008
[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]Hah, I was just going to post on the Desert to Sea Bundle on Amazon. Not impressed either with Steam though..

:D It's an awesome three-pack. Less than $4 per game.. and the "legendary" Bioshock is in it. I must emphasize how great Spec Ops: The Line is. Very rock solid third-person shooter, amazing set-pieces, and a gripping story.
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579 tanerb

someone was asking resident evil 5 it is 6. 69 at steam flash sales right now

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 EliteM0nk3y
Decided to just get The Sims 3 without any expansions, the base game should be good enough for me. Now I'm just waiting for the BIT.TRIP games to go on sale so I can get VOID and CORE.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Decided to just get The Sims 3 without any expansions, the base game should be good enough for me. Now I'm just waiting for the BIT.TRIP games to go on sale so I can get VOID and CORE.EliteM0nk3y
Remember to check the Indie games tab each day, as while the main page daily sales sometimes include Indie games, the Indie tabs gets featured games of its own
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 EliteM0nk3y
[QUOTE="EliteM0nk3y"]Decided to just get The Sims 3 without any expansions, the base game should be good enough for me. Now I'm just waiting for the BIT.TRIP games to go on sale so I can get VOID and CORE.Avenger1324
Remember to check the Indie games tab each day, as while the main page daily sales sometimes include Indie games, the Indie tabs gets featured games of its own

Yea well currently VOID is 10% off, and CORE 25%, so I'm hoping they become a daily deal like they did last Winter Sale.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#583 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
Got AC3 and Far Cry 3 for 25$ off of Uplay so I'm kinda happy right now with that!
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

the only thing i got was tomb raider collection for 14.99

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Got AC3 and Far Cry 3 for 25$ off of Uplay so I'm kinda happy right now with that!Sweetbackhair
How did you pull that off?
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586 Sweetbackhair
[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]Got AC3 and Far Cry 3 for 25$ off of Uplay so I'm kinda happy right now with that!lockjaw333
I got a coupon for uplay in an email and it was for 75% off maybe more but I applied to both games and got them at that price. How did you pull that off?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 Elann2008

[QUOTE="lockjaw333"][QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]Got AC3 and Far Cry 3 for 25$ off of Uplay so I'm kinda happy right now with that!Sweetbackhair
How did you pull that off?

I got a coupon for uplay in an email and it was for 75% off maybe more but I applied to both games and got them at that price.

Fixed. And wow what a great deal. 75% off coupon from Ubisoft store? Have you purchased a lot of titles from their store? Was that why? Anyways, congrats on the great deal. Both great games.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 Sweetbackhair

[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="lockjaw333"] How did you pull that off?Elann2008

I got a coupon for uplay in an email and it was for 75% off maybe more but I applied to both games and got them at that price.

Fixed. And wow what a great deal. 75% off coupon from Ubisoft store? Have you purchased a lot of titles from their store? Was that why? Anyways, congrats on the great deal. Both great games.

No I haven't purchased a game from there, I mean I played some steam games that require me to get uplay but other than that I haven't bought a game from there. They sent me an email giving me a random coupon, where its a random computer generated some which I could get either 15%-100% off which I lucked out with 75%.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]I got a coupon for uplay in an email and it was for 75% off maybe more but I applied to both games and got them at that price.Sweetbackhair

No I haven't purchased a game from there, I mean I played some steam games that require me to get uplay but other than that I haven't bought a game from there. They sent me an email giving me a random coupon, where its a random computer generated some which I could get either 15%-100% off which I lucked out with 75%.

Hmmmm *checks Trash/Junk box*... damn, I got no coupon from them. Looks like they did reply to my email to them a few days ago about my missing game on Uplay though. lol

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]I got a coupon for uplay in an email and it was for 75% off maybe more but I applied to both games and got them at that price.Sweetbackhair

Ahh nice. Looks like Santa came by, ate your cookies, drank your milk, and slipped in a $50 bill in your stocking. Good stuff. :]
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#591 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

someone was asking resident evil 5 it is 6. 69 at steam flash sales right now

tanerb
Think its worth it? Im pretty sure its never been cheaper
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 Sweetbackhair
[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Elann2008

Ahh nice. Looks like Santa came by, ate your cookies, drank your milk, and slipped in a $50 bill in your stocking. Good stuff. :]

Haha yeah it was a great deal indeed :)
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
So far I've only picked up Mass Effect 2 for $7.50.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Got a few games, thinking about The Walking Dead. Is it any good? Another important factor for me aswell is it based on the comic books? I don't wanna get spoiled or anything.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#595 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

Got a few games, thinking about The Walking Dead. Is it any good? Another important factor for me aswell is it based on the comic books? I don't wanna get spoiled or anything.

Prexxus
It's an entirely different story, the majority of the characters are not in the comics/tv show. And yes, it is AMAZING, at least, story-wise. Gameplay is your standard point and click affair, but the story is worth it. Hell, it won GOTY for the VGA's...if that's worth anything
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596 tanerb

still waiting for might and magic heroes 6 and testament of sherlock holmes. no good discounts on these two games in any website right now

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597 Sweetbackhair
I'm deciding if in should buy Borderlands or not
Lonelystrokez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#598 Lonelystrokez
Member since 2011 • 277 Posts

my Uplay discount code if anyone wants it o3v6hu8ro. Not sure the amount of the discount is thou.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#599 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

my Uplay discount code if anyone wants it o3v6hu8ro. Not sure the amount of the discount is thou.

Lonelystrokez
Nice. I tried it on Anno 2070 and it went from $50 to $13. lol. I didn't submit though... I'm just that damn cheap.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Lonelystrokez

Dude you are awesome! I just got Far Cry 3 for $12.50! Thank you soooo much!!!