Crysis 3 beta keys, and new Nvidia drivers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Some benchmarks:

LL

LL

crysis_3-beta%20vhq%20vram.jpg

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

Some benchmarks: *pics*>

Very informative.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#203 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

I think the slider for the FOV is for the vertical wide, not for the horizontal field of vision (which must be at least 90º even if games as Skyrim keep using lesser wide due performnce in consoles).

Some people told me that maybe the low performance can be due the beta isn't running my 690 as an SLI card but as a single GPU, which could be solved through the latest Nvidia drivers. I must try that.

seanmcloughlin

Yeah SLI didn't work at first but Mitu123 posted a link to where you can fix it

Now here's another one.=O

Will try if I get the 2nd 670 this Saturday or Monday.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Some benchmarks:

ferret-gamer

I feel proud that my GPU is in the top 5, but why not i5 3570k? :? I think that would be in the top 5 processors too. So my system is pretty beast it would seem :)

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Downloaded it last night. Looks great, but for some reason I can't aim for sh*t in this game. It kinda feels like the sensitivity is inconsistent.

Also, the beta drivers seems to have no impact on my frame-rate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Downloaded it last night. Looks great, but for some reason I can't aim for sh*t in this game. It kinda feels like the sensitivity is inconsistent.

C_Rule

It has forced mouse acceleration which in turn makes movement inconsistent. Crysis 2 had it also and it's a fvckin awful idea for MP. That and the hit reg is terrible anyway. But I can't hit crap sometimes in it either, I feel like the game is pulling control away from me constantly. Which is a shame because if it was a more 1:1 movement it would be a lot more fun

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 mitu123

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

seanmcloughlin

It has forced mouse acceleration which in turn makes movement inconsistent. Crysis 2 had it also and it's a fvckin awful idea for MP. That and the hit reg is terrible anyway. But I can't hit crap sometimes in it either, I feel like the game is pulling control away from me constantly. Which is a shame because if it was a more 1:1 movement it would be a lot more fun

Oddly enough I'm doing very well in the beta and racking up those kills...and I have external v-sync and triple buffering on.XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

mitu123

Oddly enough I'm doing very well in the beta and racking up those kills...and I have external v-sync and triple buffering on.XD

I can still get a lot of kills. Doesn't mean the mouse control isn't ass. It's incredibly unresponsive. Really makes you appreciate the controls of soemthing like BF3 more.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

I can still get a lot of kills. Doesn't mean the mouse control isn't ass. It's incredibly unresponsive. Really makes you appreciate the controls of soemthing like BF3 more.

I know it's ass, but the game is still playable, just not as smooth as we would hope(at least from this beta).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Oddly enough I'm doing very well in the beta and racking up those kills...and I have external v-sync and triple buffering on.XD

mitu123

I know it's ass, but the game is still playable, just not as smooth as we would hope(at least from this beta).

It would be fine if it wasn't terribly inconsistent. It means you can never get used to it or adjust. Also it's far to easy to run around blasting guys with shotguns bunny hopping everywhere and doing melee attacks constantly. 

I could never play it seriously. Everytime I've played a round I knew some sort of BS would happen in it. The killcams reveal how bad it really is when it shows you doing something you weren't

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

It would be fine if it wasn't terribly inconsistent. It means you can never get used to it or adjust. Also it's far to easy to run around blasting guys with shotguns bunny hopping everywhere and doing melee attacks constantly. 

I could never play it seriously. Everytime I've played a round I knew some sort of BS would happen in it. The killcams reveal how bad it really is when it shows you doing something you weren't

I don't use guns much at all. I like throwing lampposts and shields at people. I think most of my kills were from that. I've also found that you can turn on the helicopter roters in the crashed helis and kill people that way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] I know it's ass, but the game is still playable, just not as smooth as we would hope(at least from this beta).

ferret-gamer

I don't use guns much at all. I like throwing lampposts and shields at people. I think most of my kills were from that. I've also found that you can turn on the helicopter roters in the crashed helis and kill people that way.

Yeah someone killed me like that earlier lol

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
I can confirm that the in game FXAA is broken. It flat out doesn't work. Flick between FXAA and disabled in game and you will notice no difference. Then I forced FXAA on in Nvidia control panel and could immediately tell that FXAA was being applied. I actually quite like it too, you guys should try it out.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 mitu123
I can confirm that the in game FXAA is broken. It flat out doesn't work. Flick between FXAA and disabled in game and you will notice no difference. Then I forced FXAA on in Nvidia control panel and could immediately tell that FXAA was being applied. I actually quite like it too, you guys should try it out.lockjaw333
Thanks for teh tip!
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I'm realyl thinking about pre-ordering the game now. I liked Crysis 2 and the visuals and setting of Crysis 3 looks amazing. I'm a sucker for those run down and overgrown city settings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

I'm realyl thinking about pre-ordering the game now. I liked Crysis 2 and the visuals and setting of Crysis 3 looks amazing. I'm a sucker for those run down and overgrown city settings.

Toxic-Seahorse
Amazon is currently running a deal where if you preorder through them you get a $20 credit
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

ferret-gamer
Amazon is currently running a deal where if you preorder through them you get a $20 credit

That's great, especially since I just got Amazon Prime and free guaranteed release day delivery. Thanks for the tip.
I can confirm that the in game FXAA is broken. It flat out doesn't work. Flick between FXAA and disabled in game and you will notice no difference. Then I forced FXAA on in Nvidia control panel and could immediately tell that FXAA was being applied. I actually quite like it too, you guys should try it out.lockjaw333
Do you possibly know if you can force FXAA on AMD cards? I can only seem to force MSAA, adaptive MSAA, and supersampling...
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

Some benchmarks: *pics*

Wait..........Are those maxed settings?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Amazon is currently running a deal where if you preorder through them you get a $20 credit

That's great, especially since I just got Amazon Prime and free guaranteed release day delivery. Thanks for the tip.
Do you possibly know if you can force FXAA on AMD cards? I can only seem to force MSAA, adaptive MSAA, and supersampling...

Well AMD drivers have MLAA which is a similar method, and you could probably use an injector as well. But Crysis 3 supports SMAA directly which is better than FXAA or MLAA
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#220 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I tried it again with no AA, and post proc to medium. Rest are very high. I get about 40-45fps. Hot damn this game is demanding. So much input lag though!

Yeah, I'm going to wait until I upgrade my GPU lol..

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Elann2008

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

seanmcloughlin

The hit reg is far from perfect but I find with careful aim, I usually take down my opponent. I went 12-7 last round and placed 3rd, but the gawd awful input lag is destroying the fun. Just jumping to do a 180 turn makes me dizzy lol. It's like I'm doing it in slow motion haha. I didn't see mouse sensitivity option in there either. We need something like BF3 where you could turn off mouse acceleration (raw mouse input).
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

Some benchmarks: *pics*

Wait..........Are those maxed settings?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

Elann2008

The hit reg is far from perfect but I find with careful aim, I usually take down my opponent. I went 12-7 last round and placed 3rd, but the gawd awful input lag is destroying the fun. Just jumping to do a 180 turn makes me dizzy lol. It's like I'm doing it in slow motion haha. I didn't see mouse sensitivity option in there either. We need something like BF3 where you could turn off mouse acceleration (raw mouse input).

Hopefully they will have it in the full game. It wasn't all that annoying to me but it was definitely noticeable.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Hopefully they will have it in the full game. It wasn't all that annoying to me but it was definitely noticeable.

I hope so too. If they can put some more options for that the MP will be crazy fun. I hate C2's MP, but C3 has a lot of potential. I love the Museum map. :D
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] The hit reg is far from perfect but I find with careful aim, I usually take down my opponent. I went 12-7 last round and placed 3rd, but the gawd awful input lag is destroying the fun. Just jumping to do a 180 turn makes me dizzy lol. It's like I'm doing it in slow motion haha. I didn't see mouse sensitivity option in there either. We need something like BF3 where you could turn off mouse acceleration (raw mouse input).Elann2008

I hope so too. If they can put some more options for that the MP will be crazy fun. I hate C2's MP, but C3 has a lot of potential. I love the Museum map. :D

Yeah. the environments are incredible. I was highly impressed, much more so then when I played the Crysis 2 MP Beta. I just pre-ordered the game on Amazon. $20 Amazon credit + free Crysis game I can give away + free release date delivery (got a physical copy) = win.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Some benchmarks:

LL

ferret-gamer

Heh, nice to see my cpu still kicking decent ass (1100T).  Hell, it's even beating the newer amd models

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

Some benchmarks:

LL

wis3boi

Heh, nice to see my cpu still kicking decent ass (1100T).  Hell, it's even beating the newer amd models

Yeah I'm very surprised how well this CPU is still holding up. Hell of a deal for the $140 I paid for it.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#229 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Well here's a match I played earlier, here. The game runs smooth on my 69501GB, AMD FX6100, 8GB RAM, but one thing I noticed is that my performance plumets when there is a lot of action on the water. If there is an explosion and multiple people shooting on the water(which causes the water ripple effects) it stutters my frames a bit. Overall the game looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see how the singleplayer would look. 

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

Noticed a couple of people here being pretty disappointed cuz of the mouse accel. You can try this (instructions and download link there obviously), it disables mouse accel in all of Windows do you can say goodbye to mouse accel forever.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 faizan_faizan

Frankie recommends this game, Funny thing is he was playing it on lowest possible graphics settings and i didn't even notice, He mentioned it was because to disable the input lag and other small mouse lags.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 lockjaw333

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] That's great, especially since I just got Amazon Prime and free guaranteed release day delivery. Thanks for the tip. [QUOTE="lockjaw333"]I can confirm that the in game FXAA is broken. It flat out doesn't work. Flick between FXAA and disabled in game and you will notice no difference. Then I forced FXAA on in Nvidia control panel and could immediately tell that FXAA was being applied. I actually quite like it too, you guys should try it out.ferret-gamer

Well AMD drivers have MLAA which is a similar method, and you could probably use an injector as well. But Crysis 3 supports SMAA directly which is better than FXAA or MLAA

Yeah, just use in game SMAA, its cleaner than FXAA and does just as well at eliminating jaggies.  FXAA looks a bit softer.  If you want you can try an injector although I'm not sure if it will work.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 mitu123

Now that I ordered my 2nd 670, I want to know how well it'll run at high custom res.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 lockjaw333

Now that I ordered my 2nd 670, I want to know how well it'll run at high custom res.

mitu123
Remember: no screens, no vids. I can't afford it right now.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#236 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
After putting on the new drivers, I'm rocking 1920x1200, medium TXAA, and very high Settings (with shadows turned down to high)....probably getting about 50 FPS average with GTX 670. Now I'm just waiting to see how the singleplayer runs.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

lockjaw333

Remember: no screens, no vids. I can't afford it right now.

Lol you wish.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

The more I play the multiplayer the more I come to hate it. I'm not sure if it's hit detection or just how the mousing works, but I hate shooting. It feels like i'm constantly lagging and I can never line it up *just right* also haven't really found any weapon I enjoy using besides the bow, even the standard assault rifle has a ton of recoil with it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

The more I play the multiplayer the more I come to hate it. I'm not sure if it's hit detection or just how the mousing works, but I hate shooting. It feels like i'm constantly lagging and I can never line it up *just right* also haven't really found any weapon I enjoy using besides the bow, even the standard assault rifle has a ton of recoil with it.

TwistedShade

I've felt this way since crysis 2, even in singleplayer.  Crysis 1's aiming and hit detection feel far superior