Will the drug wars ever stop?

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"] A temporary lack of ambition - not a full time, I smoked a joint so I'm going to throw my life away lack of ambition. And thus we're back to the issue of free time, because some people could argue that posting on Gamespot indicates a lack of ambition. We're beings of luxury, and we shouldn't be expected to give all of our time not spent sleeping to the better of society.Joshywaa

Some people don't stop at one. While it's not physically addicting...it is psychologically addicting.

This is true. Constant use of marijuana will (most likely) turn you into a dreadfully lazy couch potato. The more you smoke marijuana, the more you'll want to when you are sober. I can attest to this.

I used to smoke marijuana before i had like, big boy responsibilites. I hated moving. I hated effort. But hey, at least i graduated from college. I know of plenty of people who were baked 24/7 and dropped right out of college.

Woo hoo! Sounds Totally cool.

Yeah. I too was a heavy pot smoker for a while in college. I don't want to go into huge details for fear of moderation, but I was smoking at least six times a week. But guess what - I got up every morning, went to college, did my crap, pulled my load, and kept on the Dean's List. :shock:

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 jalexbrown

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Some people don't stop at one. While it's not physically addicting...it is psychologically addicting.Joshywaa

I've never met anyone that couldn't quit smoking pot the day they decided they wished to do so. Smoking pot, as a recreational thing, isn't inherently wrong. And I don't believe that if I were to smoke weed even two or three times a week that I would end up as a burn-out living in my mom's basement at thirty eating potato chips and doing nothing with my life. That is a gross generalization. The truth is that there are quite a few recreational pot smokers out there that live productive lives.

2-3 times per week isn't all that much, really...

I know people who smoke 2-3 joints...every 2-3 hours...every day..

Keep in mind, i live in BC :|

sigh

I wasn't trying to give an example of a lot; I was trying to give an example of what I would consider recreational. Granted I smoked more than that in a week, every week for a while, and I still feel that it was recreational - but I'm not even necessarily trying to advocate something as extreme as what I was doing, even if it wasn't impacting my life performance.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

[QUOTE="Strider_91"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"] So cigarettes and alcohol should be illegal as well then?pis3rch

No because particular substances of those two can't kill you within a use.. And they are sold legally.. drugs have god knows what in them..

C'mon, you seriously aren't aware of the fact that it's really easy to drink yourse;f to death in one sitting? Of course alcohol can kill you within a use.

And if illegal drugs were sold in a regulated legal market, they wouldn't have "god knows what" in them. They'd just have the drug. I've posted this thousands of times, but i guess once more couldn't hurt....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37319358/

Ok, let's look at this article.

"Originally associated with rock stars, hippies and inner-city junkies, heroin in the 1970s was usually smuggled from Asia and the Middle East and was around 5 percent pure. The rest was "filler" such as sugar, starch, powdered milk, even brick dust. The low potency meant that many users injected the drug to maximize the effect."

"Federal agents now commonly find heroin that is 50 percent pure and sometimes as much as 80 percent pure."

Let's say you go to the liquor store and buy whatever you usually get. You go home and drink your normal doe, and everything is fine and dandy because when you go to a store and get alcohol that claims to be 40 proof, it's 40 proof.

Now let's say you're going to pick up a stamp or two of heroin. You get it from a sketchy dealer in an alley, who like all others says his is "the good ****" and all that. You shrug this off as typical dealer BS, and proceed to go home and shoot up your normal dose. Unfortunately, you're used to weak heroin, and this guy actually had "the good ****." His was twice as pure as you expected, and you OD and die.

Do you see how, in a way, making the drug illegal is actually causing harm? Some form of regulation could reduce overdoses caused in such a way. It won't stop people from simply doing too much at once, but there really isn't a way to prevent that.. you'd have to make stupidity illegal :P

Not in a sitting.. I mean one drink, compared to the use of one drug (pill)..

You have completely misunderstood my point there..

And my point on drugs is.. it can have whatever in it, but people buy it.. it would have no affect if it was made legal, its being bought now..

Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#154 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

[QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Some people don't stop at one. While it's not physically addicting...it is psychologically addicting.jalexbrown

This is true. Constant use of marijuana will (most likely) turn you into a dreadfully lazy couch potato. The more you smoke marijuana, the more you'll want to when you are sober. I can attest to this.

I used to smoke marijuana before i had like, big boy responsibilites. I hated moving. I hated effort. But hey, at least i graduated from college. I know of plenty of people who were baked 24/7 and dropped right out of college.

Woo hoo! Sounds Totally cool.

Yeah. I too was a heavy pot smoker for a while in college. I don't want to go into huge details for fear of moderation, but I was smoking at least six times a week. But guess what - I got up every morning, went to college, did my crap, pulled my load, and kept on the Dean's List. :shock:

Bu..Bu...:shock:

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#155 links136
Member since 2004 • 2400 Posts

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

It does appear to have detrimental side effects..whilst eating mcdonalds once in awhile..has none..

Strider_91

ever seen super size me?

and please tell me all these fatal side effects that comes from smoking pot once in a while

Problems with memory and learning; Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch) Trouble with thinking and problem-solving; Loss of coordination; and Increased heart rate, anxiety.

F A T A L

I don't think we should be throwing people in jail because their heart rate might go up.

Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Joshywaa

[QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"] I've never met anyone that couldn't quit smoking pot the day they decided they wished to do so. Smoking pot, as a recreational thing, isn't inherently wrong. And I don't believe that if I were to smoke weed even two or three times a week that I would end up as a burn-out living in my mom's basement at thirty eating potato chips and doing nothing with my life. That is a gross generalization. The truth is that there are quite a few recreational pot smokers out there that live productive lives.

jalexbrown

sigh

I wasn't trying to give an example of a lot; I was trying to give an example of what I would consider recreational. Granted I smoked more than that in a week, every week for a while, and I still feel that it was recreational - but I'm not even necessarily trying to advocate something as extreme as what I was doing, even if it wasn't impacting my life performance.

True enough, true enough.

I guess what i was trying to say(poorly worded, as it was) is that i know people who smoke it just to feel normal.

When it gets to that point...ugh.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

[QUOTE="Strider_91"][QUOTE="links136"]

ever seen super size me?

and please tell me all these fatal side effects that comes from smoking pot once in a while

links136

Problems with memory and learning; Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch) Trouble with thinking and problem-solving; Loss of coordination; and Increased heart rate, anxiety.

F A T A L

I don't think we should be throwing people in jail because their heart rate might go up.

I posted side effects because you asked, not because i was condemning anyone.. chill out.. :roll: And these side effects can lead to a lot more dangerous things..
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 jalexbrown

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

sigh

Joshywaa

I guess what i was trying to say(poorly worded, as it was) is that i know people who smoke it just to feel normal.

Of course that is a horrible point, and I don't deny that it can happen to some people - but it doesn't happen to everyone. I quit smoking, but it had nothing to do with my life; I just got caught. There is a point where people need to say enough is enough, but if they pass that point then they should be to blame - not the substance that they used to get to that point. People are blaming marijuana for what the users do, and I think that's unfair.
links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 links136

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Strider_91"] Problems with memory and learning; Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch) Trouble with thinking and problem-solving; Loss of coordination; and Increased heart rate, anxiety.Strider_91

F A T A L

I posted side effects because you asked, not because i was condemning anyone.. chill out.. :roll: And these side effects can lead to a lot more dangerous things..

please enlighten us on these dangerous things that are equal to killing another human being

Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Joshywaa

[QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"] I wasn't trying to give an example of a lot; I was trying to give an example of what I would consider recreational. Granted I smoked more than that in a week, every week for a while, and I still feel that it was recreational - but I'm not even necessarily trying to advocate something as extreme as what I was doing, even if it wasn't impacting my life performance.jalexbrown

Of course that is a horrible point, and I don't deny that it can happen to some people - but it doesn't happen to everyone. I quit smoking, but it had nothing to do with my life; I just got caught. There is a point where people need to say enough is enough, but if they pass that point then they should be to blame - not the substance that they used to get to that point. People are blaming marijuana for what the users do, and I think that's unfair.

Oh, i agree with you on that one.

Marijuana is kindof a tricky one to argue... but there are plenty of people who just take that "stoner" lifestyle to sickening heights, and really need a reality check.

I see nothing wrong with having an "off" night, sitting in ones room and smoking a joint...lay in bed, listen to music..forget about life and it's troubles for a few hours...

What i DO see wrong with it, however, is the way certain people abuse it. So...people are the problem. hee hee.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 jalexbrown

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

Joshywaa

Marijuana is kindof a tricky one to argue... but there are plenty of people who just take that "stoner" lifestyle to sickening heights, and really need a reality check.

I see nothing wrong with having an "off" night, sitting in ones room and smoking a joint...lay in bed, listen to music..forget about life and it's troubles for a few hours...

What i DO see wrong with it, however, is the way certain people abuse it. So...people are the problem. hee hee.

Yes, people are the problem - not the substance. That seems like a logical argument in my book, and I don't understand why people don't understand it. But you're right, I agree 100% that the "stoner lifestyle" can be taken to extremes. But I don't really believe in a "stoner lifestyle" to begin with; once people have hit the point that weed has become a way of life, they've taken it too far.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178879 Posts

Yes, people are the problem - not the substance. That seems like a logical argument in my book, and I don't understand why people don't understand it. But you're right, I agree 100% that the "stoner lifestyle" can be taken to extremes. But I don't really believe in a "stoner lifestyle" to begin with; once people have hit the point that weed has become a way of life, they've taken it too far.jalexbrown
Before heading to bed I have to say just this....the people would not have the problem, however, if the drug did not affect them as such. So while it's easy to say it's individuals....it's not quite accurate. It's more complex than that.

Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Joshywaa

[QUOTE="Joshywaa"]

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"] Of course that is a horrible point, and I don't deny that it can happen to some people - but it doesn't happen to everyone. I quit smoking, but it had nothing to do with my life; I just got caught. There is a point where people need to say enough is enough, but if they pass that point then they should be to blame - not the substance that they used to get to that point. People are blaming marijuana for what the users do, and I think that's unfair.jalexbrown

Yes, people are the problem - not the substance. That seems like a logical argument in my book, and I don't understand why people don't understand it. But you're right, I agree 100% that the "stoner lifestyle" can be taken to extremes. But I don't really believe in a "stoner lifestyle" to begin with; once people have hit the point that weed has become a way of life, they've taken it too far.

When presented with that argument, i think most people refuse to admit that they are, in fact, the problem :P

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 jalexbrown

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"] Yes, people are the problem - not the substance. That seems like a logical argument in my book, and I don't understand why people don't understand it. But you're right, I agree 100% that the "stoner lifestyle" can be taken to extremes. But I don't really believe in a "stoner lifestyle" to begin with; once people have hit the point that weed has become a way of life, they've taken it too far.LJS9502_basic

Before heading to bed I have to say just this....the people would not have the problem, however, if the drug did not affect them as such. So while it's easy to say it's individuals....it's not quite accurate. It's more complex than that.

If it's the substance (in this case marijuana) and not the user, then how would we explain away discrepancies between those that live productive lives and those that don't?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178879 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"] Yes, people are the problem - not the substance. That seems like a logical argument in my book, and I don't understand why people don't understand it. But you're right, I agree 100% that the "stoner lifestyle" can be taken to extremes. But I don't really believe in a "stoner lifestyle" to begin with; once people have hit the point that weed has become a way of life, they've taken it too far.jalexbrown

If it's the substance (in this case marijuana) and not the user, then how would we explain away discrepancies between those that live productive lives and those that don't?

Habits are not the same and not all people are going to be affected exactly the same.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

kinda like smoking pot automatically makes you a junkie

links136

It does appear to have detrimental side effects..whilst eating mcdonalds once in awhile..has none..

ever seen super size me?

Momentary lack of ambition...as stated before..that is not beneficial in regards to ones obligations to others..

Neither are these..

Problems with memory and learning;
Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)
Trouble with thinking and problem-solving;
Loss of coordination; and
Increased heart rate, anxiety.

Super-size me...about a man eating McDonald's everyday for every meal for a month...yeah...well if you consider that "eating in moderation" or "eating it once and awhile" then i suppose there's no point in furthering this debate..

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 links136

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

ever seen super size me?

Momentary lack of ambition...as stated before..that is not beneficial in regards to ones obligations to others..

Neither are these..

Super-size me...about a man eating McDonald's everyday for every meal for a month...yeah...well if you consider that "eating in moderation" or "eating it once and awhile" then i suppose there's no point in furthering this debate..

so losing ambition, trouble thinking, increased heart rates are all the same as murder and rape. Gotch ya.

I suppose that you cannot ever smoke pot in moderation either. Its either junkie or nothing.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

ever seen super size me?

links136

Neither are these..

so losing ambition, trouble thinking, increased heart rates are all the same as murder and rape. Gotch ya.

I suppose that you cannot ever smoke pot in moderation either. Its either junkie or nothing.

Woah...when did i ever even mention smoking pot is like murder or rape..?

Nor did i mention anything in regards to being a junkie...

I stated why it would be detrimental..

Trouble thinking, seems to be something you're suffering from..

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 links136

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Neither are these..

Xx_Hopeless_xX

the whole frigin topic is if pot should be illegal or not. why the **** are you here then?

and if your gonna point out the wrost outcomes of smoking pot i'm gonna point out the worst outcomes of eating fastfood.

abctalkout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 abctalkout
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

i don't think it will ever stop.

btw, legalize it.

needled24-7
yeah, impossible to stop
Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Joshywaa

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Before heading to bed I have to say just this....the people would not have the problem, however, if the drug did not affect them as such. So while it's easy to say it's individuals....it's not quite accurate. It's more complex than that.

LJS9502_basic

Habits are not the same and not all people are going to be affected exactly the same.

That is true as well.

Marijuana affects many different people many different ways.

Some people get like...bonked; however, others may not :P

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

links136

the whole frigin topic is if pot should be illegal or not. why the **** are you here then?

and if your gonna point out the wrost outcomes of smoking pot i'm gonna point out the worst outcomes of eating fastfood.

So you're saying that murder and rape are the only actions that are illegal...?

The worst?...I never stated any definitive outcome..in fact, i'm fairly certain i never stated an outcome at all..I stated how smoking pot would be detrimental as a means of countering another users statement...and i'm also fairly certain that these side effects do not occur solely when pot is smoked excessively..

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 links136

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

The worst?...I never stated any definitive outcome..in fact, i'm fairly certain i never stated an outcome at all..I stated how smoking pot would be detrimental as a means of countering another users statement...and i'm also fairly certain that these side effects do not occur solely when pot is smoked excessively..

the reason I bring it up is because in the US pot smokers are treated the same as muderers and rapists. Thats why. there *obviously* has to be something about pot that causes this. Otherwise should it really be like that? Thats what i'm trying to get at. Losing ambition is nothing to worry about to throw someone in jail for the same thing as murder. You may not serve the same amount of time, but you both have a record.

And yes, stating memory loss and loss of ambition is the worst pot has to offer. Kind of like obesiety and heart failure are the worst mcdonalds has to offer. Just because something has a couple small negative qualities doen't mean you should go to jail for it.

of course when i mean negative qualities, I mean qualities that make pot illegal.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 jalexbrown

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Before heading to bed I have to say just this....the people would not have the problem, however, if the drug did not affect them as such. So while it's easy to say it's individuals....it's not quite accurate. It's more complex than that.

LJS9502_basic

But that's been my point the entire time: it affects people in different ways. So what would be wrong with letting people smoke pot as a recreational enjoyment if they can do so without becoming stupid or irresponsible about it?

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

links136

the reason I bring it up is because in the US pot smokers are treated the same as muderers and rapists. Thats why. there *obviously* has to be something about pot that causes this. Otherwise should it really be like that? Thats what i'm trying to get at. Losing ambition is nothing to worry about to throw someone in jail for the same thing as murder. You may not serve the same amount of time, but you both have a record.

And yes, stating memory loss and loss of ambition is the worst pot has to offer. Kind of like obesiety and heart failure are the worst mcdonalds has to offer. Just because something has a couple small negative qualities doen't mean you should go to jail for it.

of course when i mean negative qualities, I mean qualities that make pot illegal.

Small negative qualities...? Obesity and heart failure are small negative qualities?...

They aren't treated the same as murderers and rapists..sure they go to jail..for breaking the law...but they more likely then not aren't placed in a high security prison...

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 links136

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Small negative qualities...? Obesity and heart failure are small negative qualities?...

They aren't treated the same as murderers and rapists..sure they go to jail..for breaking the law...but they more likely then not aren't placed in a high security prison...

no, i mean loss of concentraiton and increased heart rate are small negative qualities, as opposed to actual death.

in some states over 30 grams or getting caught twice is a felony. Not to mention they now have a record.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
I hope so, or at least scaled back tremendously. Possession is pretty much a victimless crime and does not warrant punishment.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

links136

no, i mean loss of concentraiton and increased heart rate are small negative qualities, as opposed to actual death.

in some states over 30 grams or getting caught twice is a felony. Not to mention they now have a record.

Increased heart rate is not minor if one has a heart condition nor is loss of concentration if others are relying upon your performance..

They deserve to have a record if they are willingly breaking the law..

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 jalexbrown

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Increased heart rate is not minor if one has a heart condition nor is loss of concentration if others are relying upon your performance..

The problem isn't that people want to break the law; it's that people want to change the laws.
MrEnvelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#180 MrEnvelope
Member since 2007 • 2424 Posts
I'm too lazy to read all of the replies of a thread I created. Still, thanks for posting :P
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

jalexbrown

The problem isn't that people want to break the law; it's that people want to change the laws.

How does one come to that conclusion from seeing people break the law....?

Are you saying that we should also change the laws on rape and murder..? Since people break the law that means they want it changed right?..

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 links136

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

jesus christ. If you have a heart condition, YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T BE SMOKING POT. And the whole point is that IT SHOULDN'T BE BREAKING THE LAW TO SMOKE A JOINT.

just because someone has a heart condition, it doesnt mean it should be a criminal offense to do it. Is that seriously why people should go to jail for smoking pot? Because someone might have a heart condition? where's the logic?

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Mafiree

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Are you saying that we should also change the laws on rape and murder..? Since people break the law that means they want it changed right?..

Slavery was just then because it was the law? Unjust laws are changed in a democracy to fit the will of the people.......
links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 links136

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

holy frikin christ. people want pot legal because its a victimless crime. can you understand that? or will your heart rate go up?

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

links136

jesus christ. If you have a heart condition, YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T BE SMOKING POT. And the whole point is that IT SHOULDN'T BE BREAKING THE LAW TO SMOKE A JOINT.

just because someone has a heart condition, it doesnt mean it should be a criminal offense to do it. Is that seriously why people should go to jail for smoking pot? Because someone might have a heart condition? where's the logic?

They shouldn't be smoking pot to begin with since it's against the law...and you're taking that statement out of context..it was in response to your claim that increased heart rate was a "small" side effect...

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"] The problem isn't that people want to break the law; it's that people want to change the laws.Mafiree

Slavery was just then because it was the law? Unjust laws are changed in a democracy to fit the will of the people.......

I never said anything about being just..all i stated was that they are willingly violating the law..therefore they deserve punishment....and you seem to forget that the south was not fighting the civil war to KEEP slavery...nor was the north..

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 links136

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

They shouldn't be smoking pot to begin with since it's against the law...and you're taking that statement out of context..it was in response to your claim that increased heart rate was a "small" side effect...

so why is pot illegal. Tell me why? What is so bad about it that you should lock them up hidden from the public because they're a danger to society.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"] The problem isn't that people want to break the law; it's that people want to change the laws.links136

holy frikin christ. people want pot legal because its a victimless crime. can you understand that? or will your heart rate go up?

Victimless in the sense it doesn't DIRECTLY injure others?...and i don't see what my heart rate has to do with anything...your blood pressure on the other hand...appears to be rising..

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

links136

so why is pot illegal. Tell me why? What is so bad about it that you should lock them up hidden from the public because they're a danger to society.

They may very well be...who knows their state of mental health...and they aren't "hidden" from the public...they have visitation rights and such...

links136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 links136

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Victimless in the sense it doesn't DIRECTLY injure others?...and i don't see what my heart rate has to do with anything...your blood pressure on the other hand...appears to be rising..

yes that is a victimless act. Also, DUI is illegal and always will be.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Mafiree

[QUOTE="Mafiree"][QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

I never said anything about being just..all i stated was that they are willingly violating the law..therefore they deserve punishment....and you seem to forget that the south was not fighting the civil war to KEEP slavery...nor was the north..

When did I make any reference to the civil war? My reference was to how the legality of slave ownership changed because a leader was elected who was anti-slavery was elected and made slave ownership illegal. You talked about changing laws in a negative light. I referenced a case where a law was pretty much irrefutably changed for the better .
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

links136

yes that is a victimless act. Also, DUI is illegal and always will be.

So basically as long as you indirectly injure others it's ok?..

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Mafiree

[QUOTE="links136"]

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Blood diamonds are cool though right?
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="Mafiree"] Slavery was just then because it was the law? Unjust laws are changed in a democracy to fit the will of the people.......Mafiree

When did I make any reference to the civil war? My reference was to how the legality of slave ownership changed because a leader was elected who was anti-slavery was elected and made slave ownership illegal. You talked about changing laws in a negative light. I referenced a case where a law was pretty much irrefutably changed for the better .

Lincoln was not an abolitionist to begin with...he was fine with slavery as long as it did not spread...and you referenced slavery...which i assumed was a reference to the civil war...

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="links136"]

links136

They may very well be...who knows their state of mental health...and they aren't "hidden" from the public...they have visitation rights and such...

alright, that it. Your a troll or just an idiot.

So i'm a troll because i'm pointing out holes in your argument?..