Why Do Brits Want To Be Americans?

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xmanfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 xmanfan91
Member since 2012 • 481 Posts

@liberalus Iraq is kinda understandable. But I disagree. Iraq under Saddam was invading and starting wars with other countries.

But Afghanistan was a hotspot for Al Qaeda and the Taliban are trying to control the country. So I think the USA invading Afghanistan was justified IMO, because Bin Laden was hiding there and had connections in that country.

liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 liberalus
Member since 2013 • 791 Posts
[QUOTE="EYE-OF-HORUS999"]@liberalus Iraq is kinda understandable. But Afghanistan was a hotspot for Al Qaeda and the Taliban are trying to control the country. So I think the USA invading Afghanistan was justified IMO, because Bin Laden was hiding there and had connections in that country.

[QUOTE="EYE-OF-HORUS999"]@liberalus Iraq is kinda understandable. But Afghanistan was a hotspot for Al Qaeda and the Taliban are trying to control the country. So I think the USA invading Afghanistan was justified IMO, because Bin Laden was hiding there and had connections in that country.

i agree with you on afghanistan then now that i look at it but why didn't we go after pakistan instead
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Because we have free refills and don't have to pay to use the bathroom.

KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 KingKinect
Member since 2012 • 548 Posts

iraq, afghanistan they are using economic imperialism tooliberalus

As if China or Russia wouldn't fill the void if America didn't do it. That said, the overextension of American forces and power should be a great concern to anyone who approves of the freedoms America stands for, even despite what the NSA is involved in it's still the best chance we have.

xmanfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 xmanfan91

@liberalus

You can't invade any countries you want. The invading Afghanistan and Iraq was justified. 

Yeah I agree Pakistan does pose a threat to world peace IMO. But there needs to be a reason to invade them. And I also think we have relations with them. Not only that, but they have nukes. And if the USA invades Pakistan then India will jump and then China then it'll get ugly and then WW3. Boom...Nuclear winter for everyone.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@liberalus

You can't invade any countries you want. The invading Afghanistan and Iraq was justified. 

Yeah I agree Pakistan does pose a threat to world peace IMO. But there needs to be a reason to invade them. And I also think we have relations with them. Not only that, but they have nukes. And if the USA invades Pakistan then India will jump and then China then it'll get ugly and then WW3. Boom...Nuclear winter for everyone.

EYE-OF-HORUS999
Nah....no country is stupid enough currently to use nukes.
xmanfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 xmanfan91

[QUOTE="EYE-OF-HORUS999"]

@liberalus

LJS9502_basic

Pakistan really hates India...And if the war wasn't going in their favor, I think they'll use nukes out of desperation. I know this may sound completely crazy, but I think Pakistan has connections to Al Qaeda. I mean don't you find it weird that the Pakistani goverment did not even know Osama was in their country?

But who knows? I'm just making theories. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="EYE-OF-HORUS999"]

@liberalus

EYE-OF-HORUS999

Pakistan really hates India...And if the war wasn't going in their favor, I think they'll use nukes out of desperation. I know this may sound completely crazy, but I think Pakistan has connections to Al Qaeda. I mean don't you find it weird that the Pakistani goverment did not even know Osama was in their country?

But who knows? I'm just making theories. 

Oh I believe Pakistan has ties to AQ...but I don't think they'd use nukes. Some people might be crazy enough to blow themselves up for a cause...but most people do want to survive.
xmanfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 xmanfan91
@LJS9502_basic True, true.
Avatar image for black_chamber99
black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 black_chamber99
Member since 2010 • 1696 Posts

when did this thread become about america invading pakistan and WW3? get this shit outta here. start your own damn thread

xmanfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xmanfan91

when did this thread become about america invading pakistan and WW3? get this shit outta here. start your own damn thread

black_chamber99

We wanted it to. :)

Anyways back on topic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic

black_chamber99
Calm down....no need to get your panties in a twist.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

of course we should try to emulate  each others cultures as long as it is the better parts.

i like the brits along with tons of other parts of various foreign cultures.

i just don't like trashy parts of foreign cultures just like i don't like the trashy parts of my own.

you emulate the good and ridicule the bad.

pretty simple really.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

of course we should try to emulate  each others cultures as long as it is the better parts.

i just don't like trashy parts of foreign cultures just like i don't like the trashy parts of my own.

pretty simple really.

Riverwolf007
Many Brits emulate the U.S.'s hip hop culture and gang culture.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#65 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

black_chamber99
No
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
the usa is the laughing stock of the rest of the western world they made their fortunes off cheap slave labour yet still somehow found a way to fail how incredible is it that not that long ago there were people living in the usa that owned other people their whole 'democratic' election process revolves around which sky wizard the person talks to the best part is they think they are special while the rest of the world laughs at the joke they are
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Because Americans are cool

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

pretty simple really.

BMD004

Many Brits emulate the U.S.'s hip hop culture and gang culture.

i can't do anything about that so i don't care.

what i can do is emulate things like this should it ever come to it.

th?id=H.4670228271333722&pid=15.1

th?id=H.4885900045126320&pid=15.1

hey, it's the apocalypse and all but you know what? people need  milk and these are the guys  that will get it to them come hell or high water.

it may be just a small thing but it is amazing to me.

in the end there will always be scumbags that emulate the lowest common denominator, all i can do is choose to ignore them and concentrate on the ones that stand above the crowd and inspire and are inspired by the better elements of human nature.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#69 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

What the hell did I just read?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]the usa is the laughing stock of the rest of the western world they made their fortunes off cheap slave labour yet still somehow found a way to fail how incredible is it that not that long ago there were people living in the usa that owned other people their whole 'democratic' election process revolves around which sky wizard the person talks to the best part is they think they are special while the rest of the world laughs at the joke they are

Wherever you are from...their education level is poor.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]the usa is the laughing stock of the rest of the western world they made their fortunes off cheap slave labour yet still somehow found a way to fail how incredible is it that not that long ago there were people living in the usa that owned other people their whole 'democratic' election process revolves around which sky wizard the person talks to the best part is they think they are special while the rest of the world laughs at the joke they are

Whatever makes you feel better.
black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 black_chamber99

and yet the rest of the world cannibalizes its culture. what does that say about them?
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

UK is old tired brother, who lived a long life of adventures and asskicking and now wants to relax.

USA is young brother, who is in his prime and doing adventures and asskicking.

Canada is pvssy brother who like to stay home and get bullied by his frigid wife.

Australia is reclusive estranged brother who lives on some godawful schithole island.

KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 KingKinect

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Australia is reclusive estranged brother who lives on some godawful schithole island.

LazySloth718

Just because almost everything that moves is capable of killing does not mean it's awful. The chance of death at every turn builds character. Drop bears are the biggest threat but there is nothing more invigorating than a spirited battle with one of them.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Australia is reclusive estranged brother who lives on some godawful schithole island.

KingKinect

Just because almost everything that moves is capable of killing does not mean it's awful. The chance of death at every turn builds character. Drop bears are the biggest threat but there is nothing more invigorating than a spirited battle with one of them.

Do you prefer fighting them with lightsabers, katanas, or suede shoes?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Canada is kind brother who visits relatives and saves their a**es from the bad guys.

LazySloth718

Fixed.

KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 KingKinect

[QUOTE="KingKinect"]

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

turtlethetaffer

We don't tell outsiders how to defeat them. In the event of an invasion they are our last line of defence.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="KingKinect"]

KingKinect

We don't tell outsiders how to defeat them. In the event of an invasion they are our last line of defence.

That's why it was all a decoy ;)  I didn't give away their true weakness.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

American circle jerk? American circle jerk.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

USA >>> UK UK lost it after WW2...They get stunned by babies...Hiddai

It's those daft English down south that care about that baby. Roll on 18th September 2014 :)

black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 black_chamber99

UK is old tired brother, who lived a long life of adventures and asskicking and now wants to relax.

Canada is pvssy brother who like to stay home and get bullied by his frigid wife.

Australia is reclusive estranged brother who lives on some godawful schithole island.

LazySloth718

UK is more of like the older brother who taught young USA as a child and now USA has grown up to be bigger, stronger, and more handsome than its older brother. now UK is jealous that USA is getting more girls than him so it tries to copy its style but realizes it can never be like USA so it sits in its corner all cynical and pessimistic saying to anyone who will listen 'so what if USA is bigger, stronger and cooler than me...I'm OLDER!' :(

spot on with canada and australia though (not that they matter)

black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 black_chamber99

deeliman
nah, just the truth
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Why does this dingus get pages of replies from making the same obvious bait over and over again?
EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts
Because you can find just about any kind of person or culture you could ever want to find. It is the culmination of all cultures and people mixed together on planet Earth. Pretty awesome. You can find almost everything and anything in America. It also has every climate on Earth.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#85 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

sweet sixteens, proms, cheerleading, child beauty peagents, halloween costume parties, the obsession with US television shows and films...etc. etc. etc.

hip hop, rock & roll, house & techno..on and on and on

for a place that thinks of itself as superior to americans they sure pick up on a lot of americanisms. it all just confirms what the rest of the world has always suspected - brits really want to be americans......just don't tell them that though; they're a little sensitive on the subject.

black_chamber99

I'm quite sure most of the things you mentioned didn't originate in the US.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#86 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

LazySloth718

:lol: Who's the wife and when can I meet her?  

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

sweet sixteens, proms, cheerleading, child beauty peagents, halloween costume parties, the obsession with US television shows and films...etc. etc. etc.

for a place that thinks of itself as superior to americans they sure pick up on a lot of americanisms. it all just confirms what the rest of the world has always suspected - brits really want to be americans......just don't tell them that though; they're a little sensitive on the subject.

black_chamber99

They also flood American websites.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#88 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
lol quite the opposite actually. I want to retain my distinct Britishness and oppose all forms Americanism - I type colour with pride! And British people are pretty accepting that the US is the world's dominant power... a former colony of the British Empire, of course. One of the best gifts actually, that our creation has done so very well for us! Any claims of imperialism can be squarely put on the USA - so at least we don't get the blame, much more anyway. :cool:
EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

[QUOTE="black_chamber99"]

GummiRaccoon

They also flood American websites.

Especially 9gag. Go to the comment sections there and almost every single post has some non-American hating on America.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I'd hate to live in the US. 

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="deeliman"]

black_chamber99
nah, just the truth

You sound hurt and bitter
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
wat
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

LazySloth718

Russia's the one looking outside and says: "What a dysfunctional family."

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

LazySloth718

Worlds biggest island, have you even been here to call it a sh*t hole?

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Love the american accent.

sukraj
Really? I find most variations of the American accent to be unbearable.
black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 black_chamber99

-Unreal-

like what? name it. all the things I mentioned are americanisms

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

black_chamber99

What does it matter that the are American inventions? If you wanna play it like that then get of your pc because that was invented by a Scot, or do you really secretly wish you were Scottish by your own logic?
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]I'm quite sure most of the things you mentioned didn't originate in the US.

deeliman

What does it matter that the are American inventions? If you wanna play it like that then get of your pc because that was invented by a Scot, or do you really secretly wish you were Scottish by your own logic?

/thread

black_chamber99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 black_chamber99

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]I'm quite sure most of the things you mentioned didn't originate in the US.

deeliman

first off, no one person can claim to have invented the computer. many inventors contributed to its history since the sumericans around 2500 BC. second, the first practical electronic machine that could be considered a computer was the atanasoff-berry computer invented in 1942 by john v. atanasoff and clifford berr--both americans

third, the things I mentioned in the OP are social contructs and have lifestyles attatched to them that were uniquely american when they were created. its not simply an inanimate object like a pc. they are things that were adopted and could be imitated within their society as a lifestyle choice.