What's your opinion on Christmas?

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Why? Christmas is an ancient festival having only recently corrupted by the christian church. The traditional pagan elements are still the best bits :)

tenaka2

I'd believe you if you said winter solstice....but Christmas...Christ's Mass....pagan....seriously.

Its well documented that the church moved jesus's birth date back to coincide with the pre-existing pagan festival, don't be disingenuous.

Wow just when I think OT can't get any more ignorant. Yes...they kept the day. But they are celebrating the birth of Jesus...not the winter solstice. I guess that is too hard a concept for you to grasp.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'd believe you if you said winter solstice....but Christmas...Christ's Mass....pagan....seriously.LJS9502_basic

Its well documented that the church moved jesus's birth date back to coincide with the pre-existing pagan festival, don't be disingenuous.

Wow just when I think OT can't get any more ignorant. Yes...they kept the day. But they are celebrating the birth of Jesus...not the winter solstice. I guess that is too hard a concept for you to grasp.

u ever buff a pickle?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] u ever buff a pickle?

I really don't want to know what you do in private with vegetables dude....
Philosopho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Philosopho
Member since 2012 • 86 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Wow just when I think OT can't get any more ignorant. Yes...they kept the day. But they are celebrating the birth of Jesus...not the winter solstice. I guess that is too hard a concept for you to grasp.

The bible was pretty explicit about not taking pagan holidays/customs and celebrating them as your own. If the biblical Jesus were here now,he'd be mad as hell about the whole thing. Christmas, as a whole, is a sin for Christians.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Philosopho"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Wow just when I think OT can't get any more ignorant. Yes...they kept the day. But they are celebrating the birth of Jesus...not the winter solstice. I guess that is too hard a concept for you to grasp.

The bible was pretty explicit about not taking pagan holidays/customs and celebrating them as your own. If the biblical Jesus were here now,he'd be mad as hell about the whole thing. Christmas, as a whole, is a sin for Christians.

Explain how celebrating the birth of Jesus is celebrating pagan ideas. You're up....
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 TonyDanzaFan
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] u ever buff a pickle?

don't project your anger about your burning desire to buff pickles onto me.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] u ever buff a pickle?

LOL such stupidity....you're the one projecting.
Philosopho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Philosopho
Explain how celebrating the birth of Jesus is celebrating pagan ideas. You're up....LJS9502_basic
The winter solstice was most well loved for drinking, merriment, and gift giving. The Church just took that and slapped the made up birthdate of Jesus on it. They took a pagan holiday, and made it their own. That's explicitly forbidden in the bible.
Philosopho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Philosopho
I like pickles. :)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Explain how celebrating the birth of Jesus is celebrating pagan ideas. You're up....Philosopho
The winter solstice was most well loved for drinking, merriment, and gift giving. The Church just took that and slapped the made up birthdate of Jesus on it. They took a pagan holiday, and made it their own. That's explicitly forbidden in the bible.

Wrong again junior. Do you know the religious aspect of Christmas? You go to Mass/service. Period.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 TonyDanzaFan
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I really don't want to know what you do in private with vegetables dude....

dude its cool if you buff pickles. nobody here is going to think any differently of you. what we dont tolerate is liars! you need to come to terms with yourself and how many times you have buffed a pickle.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] don't project your anger about your burning desire to buff pickles onto me. TonyDanzaFan

dude its cool if you buff pickles. nobody here is going to think any differently of you. what we dont tolerate is liars! you need to come to terms with yourself and how many times you have buffed a pickle.

You're the only one in thinking of pickles in a sexual nature and yet....you're too stupid to notice that.

It's also rather odd that you're concerned with my sexual habits. Fantasy much?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'd believe you if you said winter solstice....but Christmas...Christ's Mass....pagan....seriously.LJS9502_basic

I never suggested that christians are celebrating the winter solstice, all I said was that the church moved jesus's birth date to coincide with the old Pagan festival.

It doesn't matter, with christmas as with easter we have all the best pagan bits included and christians can go to church on that day to if they like.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I never suggested that christians are celebrating the winter solstice, all I said was that the church moved jesus's birth date to coincide with the old Pagan festival.

It doesn't matter, with christmas as with easter we have all the best pagan bits included and christians can go to church on that day to if they like.

Does it matter what the date is if the reason is different? After all we don't celebrate a date but an event. Except for New Year's of course.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

I love the spirits... Dogswithguns

Meh loves Shpiritzz too... !!!
http://menel.blox.pl/resource/menel_strzegom.jpg
(SPIRITUS means Alcohol in my language XD)

Overall... yea christmas is fine... untill I'm bombarded with commercials and stuff... BUY BUY BUY!
I say Fk off Fk Off FK OFF!! XD

Philosopho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Philosopho
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Wrong again junior. Do you know the religious aspect of Christmas? You go to Mass/service. Period.

My favorite Star Trek captain is Captain Picard.
TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TonyDanzaFan

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] LOL such stupidity....you're the one projecting. LJS9502_basic

You're the only one in thinking of pickles in a sexual nature and yet....you're too stupid to notice that.

whatever dude. do whatever the fudge u want. just remember that u have a family who loves you and doesnt want to see you go down that path where youre addicted to heroin and need to buff a pickle to score your next balloon.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Wow just when I think OT can't get any more ignorant. Yes...they kept the day. But they are celebrating the birth of Jesus...not the winter solstice. I guess that is too hard a concept for you to grasp.LJS9502_basic

Does it matter what the date is if the reason is different? After all we don't celebrate a date but an event. Except for New Year's of course.

I never said it mattered, infact I said that the churches corruption of the festival has resulted in the best of both.

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

My favorite holiday and it truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I never said it mattered, infact I said that the churches corruption of the festival has resulted in the best of both.

I don't think churches are interested in the secular activities. They know they happen.....but that isn't what they're pushing.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"] dude its cool if you buff pickles. nobody here is going to think any differently of you. what we dont tolerate is liars! you need to come to terms with yourself and how many times you have buffed a pickle.TonyDanzaFan

whatever dude. do whatever the fudge u want. just remember that u have a family who loves you and doesnt want to see you go down that path where youre addicted to heroin and need to buff a pickle to score your next balloon.

Stop fantasizing that I'm anything like you dude. Get a new hobby. I'm not you're hobby. Damn the internet introduces us to weirdos and freaks. Yuck. Whatever you're ideas are about me....I'd rather not know about them. It can be your little secret that you have sexual thoughts about me.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I think it makes a heck of a lot more sense to buy people a bunch of junk for Thanksgiving than for Christmas.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 TonyDanzaFan
[QUOTE="TonyDanzaFan"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] You're the only one in thinking of pickles in a sexual nature and yet....you're too stupid to notice that.

LJS9502_basic

Stop fantasizing that I'm anything like you dude. Get a new hobby. I'm not you're hobby. Damn the internet introduces us to weirdos and freaks. Yuck. Whatever you're ideas are about me....I'd rather not know about them. It can be your little secret that you have sexual thoughts about me.

Even the bootiful Kendall Jenner knows how to buff a pickle. Don't you want to be mentioned in the same breath as her? Hey dude, I heard LJS is an assman. You know why? Because that guys an ass, man!
MannyDelgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MannyDelgado
Member since 2011 • 1187 Posts
Obligatory gift-giving is not a very meaningful act
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Christmas lunch and dinner.....so lots of awesome food (also another excuse to get drunk). And of course presents and gift giving. That's always summed up christmas for me. And yeah, it may be a pretty materialistic holiday, but it's always a good chance for family and relatives to get together. I just wish people would drop the whole war on christmas BS. The holiday means different things for different people, and nothing's going to change that.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TonyDanzaFan
I hate the family side of christmas. I just want to spend it with those closest to me. I don't want to fake being jolly to people i want to murder. There is a reason why I don't see you 364 other days out of the year. Eat dirt, BITTTTCH!!!!!! PILEDRIVER INTO A PUMPKIN PIE!!!!!!!
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#128 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Does it matter what the date is if the reason is different?LJS9502_basic

Doesn't bother me what they're celebrating, but it does bother me when they go off that their reason is the only reason for the season, when in truth Christmas is a clusterfvck of various Christian and non-Christian traditions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Does it matter what the date is if the reason is different?br0kenrabbit

Doesn't bother me what they're celebrating, but it does bother me when they go off that their reason is the only reason for the season, when in truth Christmas is a clusterfvck of various Christian and non-Christian traditions.

However, let's be honest. Paganism died out. Sure some people today might revive it....but society in general isn't celebrating paganism.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 br0kenrabbit

However, let's be honest. Paganism died out. Sure some people today might revive it....but society in general isn't celebrating paganism.LJS9502_basic

Traditions can live beyond their originating cultures. Just look at Easter (Celebrating the fertility goddess Eostre, you know: eggs, rabbits and other stuff that have to do with fertility and nothing about Resurrection) or even Halloween.

Many protestant Christians even once banned Christmas in the US.

What most people think of Christmas, as we celebrate it today, is a 20th century thing. Hell, Coca-Cola gave us our image of Santa.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]However, let's be honest. Paganism died out. Sure some people today might revive it....but society in general isn't celebrating paganism.br0kenrabbit

Traditions can live beyond their originating cultures. Just look at Easter (Celebrating the fertility goddess Eostre, you know: eggs, rabbits and other stuff that have to do with fertility and nothing about Resurrection) or even Halloween.

Many protestant Christians even once banned Christmas in the US.

What most people think of Christmas, as we celebrate it today, is a 20th century thing. Hell, Coca-Cola gave us our image of Santa.

Christmas is kind of like two different holidays in one.....same with Easter though I don't think it's technically a holiday.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Traditions can live beyond their originating cultures.

br0kenrabbit

I, for one, am a fan of stealing cool traditions.

Like putting a tree in my house.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 br0kenrabbit

Christmas is kind of like two different holidays in one.....same with Easter though I don't think it's technically a holiday.LJS9502_basic

And I wouldn't disagree, but tell that to some of the Southern Baptists in these parts and cover your ears.:?

These are the type of people who would shout, while holding a Bible aloft: "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good enough for America!"

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
I like it just fine, except when overly sensitive idiots get pissed about "merry Christmas" or "happy holidays." I don't care which you prefer or why, it's childish to get bent out of shape about how people wish you well.
Rickettsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Rickettsia
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
Well in the adult point of view, i dont care about presents i can get everything i want by myself. I dont like christmast too much because i hate cold weather and i live in tropical country and for me its still cold. Iam allergic and my nose get stuffed by the cold Awwwww :/. Oh and buy clothes in christmas is diack the trend is so not pretty all is red, gold white, black and plumb with shining fabrics. The only thing good is for buying make up :/
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

Well in the adult point of view, i dont care about presents i can get everything i want by myself. I dont like christmast too much because i hate cold weather and i live in tropical country and for me its still cold. Iam allergic and my nose get stuffed by the cold Awwwww :/. Oh and buy clothes in christmas is diack the trend is so not pretty all is red, gold white, black and plumb with shining fabrics. The only thing good is for buying make up :/Rickettsia

You wouldn't survive in my climate. ^^ I love when its real cold here... like -30'C :D
It's good for health either way... and I don't wear any hats... just a hood when its windy :P
I don't put anywood in my fireplace untill it gets below 0'C ... I feel no need... since I don't like 20'C temp. in my house.
10-15 is aight...

I'm a cold bastard. XD

Rickettsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Rickettsia
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

[QUOTE="Rickettsia"]Well in the adult point of view, i dont care about presents i can get everything i want by myself. I dont like christmast too much because i hate cold weather and i live in tropical country and for me its still cold. Iam allergic and my nose get stuffed by the cold Awwwww :/. Oh and buy clothes in christmas is diack the trend is so not pretty all is red, gold white, black and plumb with shining fabrics. The only thing good is for buying make up :/Matthew-first

You wouldn't survive in my climate. ^^ I love when its real cold here... like -30'C :D
It's good for health either way... and I don't wear any hats... just a hood when its windy :P
I don't put anywood in my fireplace untill it gets below 0'C ... I feel no need... since I don't like 20'C temp. in my house.
10-15 is aight...

I'm a cold bastard. XD

Damn,on celcius, are you from europe or russia? do electrical devices work better on those climates? Dont your nose, ears and fingers fall by frost bites? Christmas is dangerous because of the winter.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#138 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

The only three things about Christmas I dislike are: 1. Christians claim it to be "their holiday" despite aside from the date being falsely attributed as Jesus' birth, it is entirely pagan in origin and features nothing about the Christian moral code in it's celebration. It celebrates excesses in harvest and wealth, worship of trees, and features gorging on food and liquor and reveling in hedonistic behavior. 2. The commercialization of a family holiday. Purchased gifts are advertised as mandatory, and we are engrained to believe that the more we give of a company's products, the better we should feel. I have no problems with gift giving... but it should be a thoughtful gift, not a bunch of gift cards. 3. Xmas music. :evil:Zeviander
This sums it up for me. Great holiday besides those things

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#139 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I like the presents and I like when my family gets together as well. The decorations, that warm feeling, and that smell... oh that smell of sweet potato pie! And the other food as well of course.:D
GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 GrindingAxe
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts
it was invented for commercial use only. If the people use it for family gatherings and getting closer, thats fine. But just like Halloween or Thanksgiving...it exists solely for the purpose of selling stuff. I buy into it, just like everyone else, but don't think for a second I don't see the real purpose. It helps with job creation so I'm not sour about any of it.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#141 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Great Food

Great Family

Great time of the year.

Plus free stuff.

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

I love it. It is indeed the most wonderful time of the year. Family, friends, food, gifts, and, most importantly, remembering the birth of Christ, the Savior. What's not to like?
God bless,
Crushmaster.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#143 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Presents.

That is all.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Fruit Cakes, Parties, Booze comes to mind

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#145 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I love xmas as much as i did when i we're a kid and i love watching my kids open up there presents at christmas it really makes my day and i also love spending time with my family and i've got some presents to open too and i love watching xmas movies with the wife and kids it gives me a warm feeling inside my tummy.

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts
I enjoy the fact that it helps me reunite with my family(I live away from them), and I like the gifts too, but I don't like it's commercialization.
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

I agree it's sad how people use the excuse of lets have this day be special to be nice and caring to people/family. That should be almost an everyday thing, not a ******* holiday once a year.

Also **** mom and dads who brain wash their kids about santa, that is just sick.

Ballroompirate

You got a lot of coal as a kid didn't you?

No, common sense kicked in at an early age. How does santa get in a house without a chimney???

:p

Angie7F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Angie7F
Member since 2011 • 1175 Posts

No one around me seems to enjoy Xmas.

My mom hates it because it reminds her of when she didnt have enough money and felt lonely and left out when seeing the rest of the world happy.

My bf hates it because that was when his dad passed away when he was a teenager.

I dislike it because it just creates crowds and you get dragged into parties and get together but I am an introvert and hate gatherings.

On the other hand though it is good for the business so I always spend Xmas working and raking in the sales.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 WiiCubeM1

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

I agree it's sad how people use the excuse of lets have this day be special to be nice and caring to people/family. That should be almost an everyday thing, not a ******* holiday once a year.

Also **** mom and dads who brain wash their kids about santa, that is just sick.

Ballroompirate

You got a lot of coal as a kid didn't you?

No, common sense kicked in at an early age. How does santa get in a house without a chimney???

I would hate to be your kid.l

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 WiiCubeM1

No one around me seems to enjoy Xmas.

My mom hates it because it reminds her of when she didnt have enough money and felt lonely and left out when seeing the rest of the world happy.

My bf hates it because that was when his dad passed away when he was a teenager.

I dislike it because it just creates crowds and you get dragged into parties and get together but I am an introvert and hate gatherings.

On the other hand though it is good for the business so I always spend Xmas working and raking in the sales.

Angie7F

Go to the store, buy a sh*t ton of Christmas Candy, and watch movies after work.

You get to be alone and still enjoy the holidays.