What's your opinion on Christmas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by invisibletearsx (997 posts) -

I didn't celebrate Christmas until last year.

Then I started to buy presents. I realised how irritating it was.

#152 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152137 posts) -
it was invented for commercial use only. If the people use it for family gatherings and getting closer, thats fine. But just like Halloween or Thanksgiving...it exists solely for the purpose of selling stuff. I buy into it, just like everyone else, but don't think for a second I don't see the real purpose. It helps with job creation so I'm not sour about any of it.GrindingAxe
Commercial use came later.....you seem to be confused on holidays.
#153 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4791 posts) -

I don't care about Christmas or holidays anymore since I don't get holidays off, so it's good if you get to enjoy it, but don't expect me to be in any sort of holidaay spirit because I'm going to be working.

#154 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10712 posts) -

It's the most wonderful time of the year

#155 Posted by DeadlyRavenKing (41 posts) -
I think we should rename Christmas to Giftmas. People these days are greedy.
#156 Posted by GrindingAxe (1641 posts) -
[QUOTE="GrindingAxe"]it was invented for commercial use only. If the people use it for family gatherings and getting closer, thats fine. But just like Halloween or Thanksgiving...it exists solely for the purpose of selling stuff. I buy into it, just like everyone else, but don't think for a second I don't see the real purpose. It helps with job creation so I'm not sour about any of it.LJS9502_basic
Commercial use came later.....you seem to be confused on holidays.

I don't think so. I think when they came up with "Santa gives kids presents" which is the Christmas we know...it was all commercial from that point on. Prove me wrong if you want.
#157 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -
It is the best time of year because my birthday is near Christmas
#158 Posted by gameboy343 (1024 posts) -

christmas? bah hum bug

#159 Posted by CycleOfViolence (2813 posts) -

As I got older the holiday became less about presents and more about the meals, desserts, and spending time with family.