Whats with hatred towards mormons, muslims, and other non-christian religions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

I know alot of people have negative stereotypes towards them.

Examples

Muslims being terrorists

Mormons having 10000 wives

Budhists being hipsters

etc.

I think it is pretty absurd that religions pretty similar to christianity such as Judiasm, Islam, or Mormonism create such unrelenting hate.

This came to my attention because 1. Donald Trump called Huntsman a liar because he was a mormon.

2. Newt Gingrinch (epitome of corruption) destroys Romney in the polls... Infact its seems as if all the republicans hate Mitt Romney because he is mormon because Gingrinch flopped just as much.

3. President Obama is hated by some for being a secret muslim (which is untrue and even by the slight chance he attended a christian church for decades while secretly practicing Islam because he knew he would be president someday) would it matter?

Our country is a secular country and not a theocracy no matter how hard some try to make it one.

Legacy-of-Todd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legacy-of-Todd
Member since 2011 • 539 Posts

Um. Not everyone lives in "wherever you are talking about country"

EDIT: SNEAKY TITLE CHANGE, DISMISS THIS POST.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

So, say thay actually did invent marijuana.

Why is this a bad thing?

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

Legacy-of-Todd
Since he mentioned Trump, Huntman, Gingrich, and Obama, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that he's talking about Switzerland.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Legacy-of-Todd
Indeed. Where I live, almost 20% of the population claims "no religion", but our parliament says the Lord's Prayer before it starts. Crazy huh.
Legacy-of-Todd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Legacy-of-Todd
Member since 2011 • 539 Posts

[QUOTE="Legacy-of-Todd"]

Engrish_Major

Since he mentioned Trump, Huntman, Gingrich, and Obama, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that he's talking about Switzerland.

Thats what I was thin- WHOA SNEAKY TITLE CHANGE. BAD TC, BAD TC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Perhaps instead of implying that everyone feels this way when you make certain threads, why don't you just give specific examples and speak to those kinds of people?

I guarantee you will have a much more pleasant experience on these forums.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Perhaps instead of implying that everyone feels this way when you make certain threads, why don't you just give specific examples and speak to those kinds of people?

I guarantee you will have a much more pleasant experience on these forums.

airshocker

You should writea user guide for this forum.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#9 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I was always under the impression that mormonism was a sect of christianity.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

You should writea user guide for this forum.

Necrifer

Only if the mods will sticky it. Otherwise, I'm not going through the effort. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts
Religion doesn't create hate....people do. And do we have to have another thread basis being massive generalizations?
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Its a way of life for us.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
Religion doesn't create hateLJS9502_basic
Have you read the bible?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Religion doesn't create hateJust-Breathe
Have you read the bible?

Yes...and my point stands. The OT is more a history of the Jewish people inherent with all the disputes and conflicts of the day going on in the area. The NT is the teaching of Jesus.
ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Religion doesn't create hateJust-Breathe
Have you read the bible?

and apparently he hasn't read the Quran and how it describes Jews and how to treat infidels .
Avatar image for deactivated-597bb01c846a2
deactivated-597bb01c846a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#16 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
Member since 2011 • 1495 Posts

[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Religion doesn't create hateultrapc
Have you read the bible?

and apparently he hasn't read the Quran and how it describes Jews and how to treat infidels .

He's right, though. People create hate. Still, I believe religious texts can aid people in creating that said hate.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Religion doesn't create hateultrapc
Have you read the bible?

That too...
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

People dislike things they are not familiar with. Happens everywhere. But I really dont see a ton of hatred other than some people's fear of islam because they automatically associate it with terrorism.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="ultrapc"][QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] Have you read the bible?Just-Breathe

That too...

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you two have not read nor understood any of the above. But you preach the intolerance...or hate. So my point has been underscored quite well here. Thanks for playing....

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"][QUOTE="ultrapc"] and apparently he hasn't read the Quran and how it describes Jews and how to treat infidels .LJS9502_basic

That too...

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you two have not read nor understood any of the above. But you preach the intolerance...or hate. So my point has been underscored quite well here. Thanks for playing....

Ummm he just asked a question.

It is a fact that the Bible talks about stoning childeren and other radical things (its funnyt that Christians do not get discriminated against though)... I hope one day those who judge others find the errors of their ways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"][QUOTE="ultrapc"] and apparently he hasn't read the Quran and how it describes Jews and how to treat infidels .LJS9502_basic

That too...

Honestly, the NT preaches incredible tolerance. At least my understanding of it. "Love they neighbor as thy self, turn the other cheek, let he who is without sin cast the first stone, etc." I'm not actively religous, but my understanding of it when I was in school, was the NT was more about peace and forgiveness. You cant put the blame on hate on that. Certainly the followers can have their faults, but the words ring true.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] That too...Banjo_Kongfooie

Ummm he just asked a question.

It is a fact that the Bible talks about stoning childeren and other radical things (its funnyt that Christians do not get discriminated against though)... I hope one day those who judge others find the errors of their ways.

Christians were discriminated against in the past....and still are in some countries. Read a little history/current events. And again.....religion doesn't create hate....PEOPLE do. People hate for many reasons....they even hate fans of opposing teams. Should we say sports creates hate? Look at SW...should we say gaming creates hate? Look beyond the surface....don't be so shallow.
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
Uh, Mormonism sees itself as a branch of Christianity. I also never heard anyone stereotype Buddhists as hipsters, though I must say that's pretty funny.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] That too...sonicare

Honestly, the NT preaches incredible tolerance. At least my understanding of it. "Love they neighbor as thy self, turn the other cheek, let he who is without sin cast the first stone, etc." I'm not actively religous, but my understanding of it when I was in school, was the NT was more about peace and forgiveness. You cant put the blame on hate on that. Certainly the followers can have their faults, but the words ring true.

Yes. The NT is about loving even your enemies...and I can't fathom how anyone that's read that book can call it hate based.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] That too...sonicare

Well, except for the antisemitic teaching in the Book of John and all of Paul's homophobic rants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'm going out on a limb and guessing you two have not read nor understood any of the above. But you preach the intolerance...or hate. So my point has been underscored quite well here. Thanks for playing....

LJS9502_basic

Yes. The NT is about loving even your enemies...and I can't fathom how anyone that's read that book can call it hate based.

People may confuse the NT with the OT. The rule of law in the OT was "an eye for an eye". But even that wasn't exactly about revenge and hate. I believe they enacted that to cut down on excessive retaliation. The punishment had to fit the crime - so you didnt go out executing someone for stealing a piece of bread, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'm going out on a limb and guessing you two have not read nor understood any of the above. But you preach the intolerance...or hate. So my point has been underscored quite well here. Thanks for playing....

-Sun_Tzu-

Well, except for the antisemitic teaching in the Book of John and all of Paul's homophobic rants

I thought the early christians were jews. But my understanding of the bible is probably limited. I dont practice and am not religous. I just went to catholic high school. And Paul's rants were exclusively directed at xaos. lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

-Sun_Tzu-

Examples......
Mephers3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mephers3
Member since 2011 • 164 Posts
People hate and fear what they dont understand
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="sonicare"] Honestly, the NT preaches incredible tolerance. At least my understanding of it. "Love they neighbor as thy self, turn the other cheek, let he who is without sin cast the first stone, etc." I'm not actively religous, but my understanding of it when I was in school, was the NT was more about peace and forgiveness. You cant put the blame on hate on that. Certainly the followers can have their faults, but the words ring true.

sonicare

People may confuse the NT with the OT. The rule of law in the OT was "an eye for an eye". But even that wasn't exactly about revenge and hate. I believe they enacted that to cut down on excessive retaliation. The punishment had to fit the crime - so you didnt go out executing someone for stealing a piece of bread, etc.

True. Most people snapping out against religion have a very cursory, if that, education on the subject and believe what peers tell them. I don't believe we should force anyone to believe what we believe but I do think it should be studied at the very least before it's discussed. Learning about the Bible isn't going to infect them...it's almost like they are afraid to learn but want to hang on to misinformation. I don't know how many times users here have accused Christians of following OT law rather than NT law/teachings.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I've never encountered the Buddhist hipster one. And the Beats weren't Buddhist, they just cherry-picked some ideas from Buddhism because it was vogue.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="sonicare"] Honestly, the NT preaches incredible tolerance. At least my understanding of it. "Love they neighbor as thy self, turn the other cheek, let he who is without sin cast the first stone, etc." I'm not actively religous, but my understanding of it when I was in school, was the NT was more about peace and forgiveness. You cant put the blame on hate on that. Certainly the followers can have their faults, but the words ring true.

sonicare

I thought the early christians were jews. But my understanding of the bible is probably limited. I dont practice and am not religous. I just went to catholic high school. And Paul's rants were exclusively directed at xaos. lol

They were Jews, especially before Paul. But Paul really changed the Jewish/Christian dichotomy. And even in most of the gospels - Jesus, while he debates with the pharisees (who were the forerunners of rabbinical Judaism), remains pretty respectful. At least until the Book of John, where there's a clear change in rhetoric. Jesus all of a sudden becomes much more confrontational and inflammatory, and begins to refer to those who don't believe that he is the messiah with the blanket term "the Jews."
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Well, except for the antisemitic teaching in the Book of John and all of Paul's homophobic rants-Sun_Tzu-

They were Jews, especially before Paul. But Paul really changed the Jewish/Christian dichotomy. And even in most of the gospels - Jesus, while he debates with the pharisees (who were the forerunners of rabbinical Judaism), remains pretty respectful. At least until the Book of John, where there's a clear change in rhetoric. Jesus all of a sudden becomes much more confrontational and inflammatory, and begins to refer to those who don't believe that he is the messiah with the blanket term "the Jews."

Not citing anything specific here....
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#34 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
the mormons had this pretty racist thing going on for awhile about the existence of black people.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="sonicare"] I thought the early christians were jews. But my understanding of the bible is probably limited. I dont practice and am not religous. I just went to catholic high school. And Paul's rants were exclusively directed at xaos. lol

LJS9502_basic

If I posted examples (which in this case would be John 8 ) will anything fruitful come out of it? No, what will happen is that after I posted my examples you....would.....go.....on......some.....pedantic....tangent that would completely derail the thread where we would end up debating some inane bullsh!t for pages on end. I'm not going to be complicit in that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] They were Jews, especially before Paul. But Paul really changed the Jewish/Christian dichotomy. And even in most of the gospels - Jesus, while he debates with the pharisees (who were the forerunners of rabbinical Judaism), remains pretty respectful. At least until the Book of John, where there's a clear change in rhetoric. Jesus all of a sudden becomes much more confrontational and inflammatory, and begins to refer to those who don't believe that he is the messiah with the blanket term "the Jews."-Sun_Tzu-

If I posted examples (which in this case would be John 8 ) will anything fruitful come out of it? No, what will happen is that after I posted my examples you....would.....go.....on......some.....pedantic....tangent that would completely derail the thread where we would end up debating some inane bullsh!t for pages on end. I'm not going to be complicit in that.

Ah I see. So rather than discuss actual facts you'd rather make inflammatory comments and use an excuse not to have back up your statements. Rather gutless of you.
Spitfirer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spitfirer
Member since 2007 • 2088 Posts

If people did more research into the Muslim faith they'd realise that Muhammed wanted his followers to fight like hippies.

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
There's also hatred towards Christianity, especially Catholicism.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

because people are hypocrites.

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
Islam is a horrible, evil 'religion' based upon hate.
MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts
Have you read the bible?

I am CHALLENGING you to quote anything from the Quran to justify what you are saying , I'm CHALLENGING YOU RIGHT NOW
MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MAZ85
[QUOTE="MAZ85"][QUOTE="ultrapc"][QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] Have you read the bible?

I am CHALLENGING you to quote anything from the Quran to justify what you are saying , I'm CHALLENGING YOU RIGHT NOW

people should stop spreading hated by ignorance and false propaganda
MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MAZ85
Islam is a horrible, evil 'religion' based upon hate.Weenski
link to the source please ?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="MAZ85"][QUOTE="ultrapc"][QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] Have you read the bible?

Dude relax....haters can't quote anything in any of the books because they don't understand context, history, or meaning.
MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MAZ85
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MAZ85"][QUOTE="ultrapc"] and apparently he hasn't read the Quran and how it describes Jews and how to treat infidels .

Dude relax....haters can't quote anything in any of the books because they don't understand context, history, or meaning.

Haters can hate as much as they like , but I cannot tolerate them spreading their unnecessary hate
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="MAZ85"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MAZ85"] I am CHALLENGING you to quote anything from the Quran to justify what you are saying , I'm CHALLENGING YOU RIGHT NOW

Haters can hate as much as they like , but I cannot tolerate them spreading their unnecessary hate

I understand that. I called someone out for that but they hid behind the don't want to debate argument. Says more about them than their statements do about the religion(s)in question.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

Meh, I hate all religions equally, I don't discriminate. I don't hate the believer, though, just the organization he/she belongs to.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="ultrapc"][QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] Have you read the bible?MAZ85

The Quran is an interesting book. Early on Muhammad spoke very favorably of the Jewish people (he really had a thing for Moses in particular) as a means to convert them, but as time went on and as Jews weren't converting Muhammad's opinion of them changed (a similar thing happened with Martin Luther). This evolution of views is reflected in the Quran itself.

As for your quote challenge:

Surah 4:161 -That they [the Jews] took usury, though they were forbidden; and that they devoured men's substance wrongfully;- we have prepared for those among them who reject faith a grievous punishment.

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

Whether it is directed at Christians, Jews, Muslims, blacks, asians, latinos, gays..... the one thing there is no shortage of in this world is hate-filled people.

I found it kinda funny though that towards the end of OP, TC seems pretty angry (dare I say hateful) towards religious folk in general.

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
the mormons had this pretty racist thing going on for awhile about the existence of black people. Diviniuz
As far as I know, many people still subscribe to the belief.