What is it with people hating on fast food?

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Saying it tastes like absolute crap and so.

i've been seeing a lot of hatred towards the fast food industry lately, it just sounds dumb to me.

I was watching a vid about how Mcdonalds burgers and fries take a long time to get bad, and the guy in the video wouldn't stop saying "I bought this hamburger at a real hamburger place, unlike mcdonald's, it actually tastes good" "you know, THIS is a real hamburger, instead of that crap". "This comes from folks who know how to make a tasty burger, unlike mcdonalds horrible crap"

Then reading on forums, some food threads, and I see a lot of guys trying to play Connoisseurs, saying how every fast food tastes horrible and blablabla.

OK, I get the, "it's not as tasty as some other places" and the "it's not very healthy", but really, eating like 3 or 4 mcdonald's burgers a month wont kill you, it wont make you gain 300 pounds either, and no, they dont taste bad, granted they dont taste as good as some other hamburger places, but they dont taste bad, it's regular food, not top notch but defnitely not crap.

I think these people should really be served with horrible food so that they actually realize that fast food aint that bad.

Avatar image for QuebecNationale
QuebecNationale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 QuebecNationale
Member since 2013 • 146 Posts

Fast food is horrible though. While I admit the initial taste is decent/good, the after taste is horrible and I always get sick after eating fast food so for that I hate fast food.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Did you hear that it's UNHEALTHY?!?!!?
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I think it has to do with how often you eat it quite honestly.  I eat it on a pretty regular basis and so I enjoy it and am pretty used to it.  Sometimes I might get tired of Mcdonald's and not want to eat it for a week, but then I'll be ok with Wendy's or something.  Occasionally I'll get really tired of fast food for a short time if I've eaten it several days in a row, but I usually have a fast food meal 2-3 times a week and enjoy it a lot actually.

Anyway, the point I am really trying to get to is that if you don't eat it for a long time and eat mostly fresh, healthy, envigorating foods I could see how fast food would become unappealing.  It would seem sluggish, gross, and maybe even disgusting.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I don't mind fast food.  I only get it when I'm in an absolute hurry to get somewhere and need to eat something while driving or in the parking lot.  Usually try to order their moderately healthy stuff like grilled chicken, salad, etc.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Try a freshly made version of the fast food equivalent. You'll taste the food that went into making it and not the salt/fat. I can't tell you how superior a homemade hamburger made with freshly ground side steak, worchestershire sauce, and various other spices and ingredients is to a lifeless fat-patty from the corner joint. Even sit down diner artery-cloggers are vastly superior.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Fast food is horrible though. While I admit the initial taste is decent/good, the after taste is horrible and I always get sick after eating fast food so for that I hate fast food.

QuebecNationale

Eat In and Out, you'll feel better. 

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lightleggy

QuebecNationale
What after taste? I have never heard about anyone who complained about an "after taste" in fast food, I've heard lots of people (and I think the same) who complain about the after taste of say, diet coke and coke zero, which IS horrible and actually increases your thirst, but "fast food after taste" is new to me. And if you always get sick after eating fast food, its either the specific restaurant you are visiting or you simply have an extremely week stomach, which is not fault of the fast food restaurant.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Maybe because McDonald's burgers actually do taste like crap?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I can't tell you how superior a homemade hamburger made with freshly ground side steak, worchestershire sauce, and various other spices and ingredients is to a lifeless fat-patty from the corner joint.Zeviander

I don't think anybody is disputing that. Nobody who goes to McDonald's actually thinks "omg best hamburger ever"

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lightleggy
Did you hear that it's UNHEALTHY?!?!!?JML897
Yes, I actually mentioned that in the thread, I also mentioned that eating 3 or 4 a month wont kill you or turn you into a fatso. I remember a friend of mine always says "Everytime I watch super size me, I seriously want to go and buy a ****load of big macs"
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

QuebecNationale
I agree, the first bite or two of a big mac is okay, but after that it's all downhill and it leaves your mouth caked in a layer of grease.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Maybe because McDonald's burgers actually do taste like crap?PernicioEnigma
Not posed to eat poo
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lightleggy
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Try a freshly made version of the fast food equivalent. You'll taste the food that went into making it and not the salt/fat. I can't tell you how superior a homemade hamburger made with freshly ground side steak, worchestershire sauce, and various other spices and ingredients is to a lifeless fat-patty from the corner joint. Even sit down diner artery-cloggers are vastly superior.

You dont have to tell me because I know it, it's obviously not as good as a fresh homemade burger, but it's still not at "OH NOES THIS TASTES LIKE **** I'LL NEVER COME HERE AGAIN" level. A friend of mine owns a restaurant and he makes some ridiculously tasty burgers, but even those extremely tasty burgers wont make mcdonalds, wendy's, bk or carl's jr burgers taste bad.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lightleggy
Maybe because McDonald's burgers actually do taste like crap?PernicioEnigma
it doesn't, not the best burgers in the world but they dont taste crap, have you eaten crap before? really, you are the guy I mentioned who tries to play connoisseur on burgers.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

It's the "cool" thing to say. Seriously, online everyone will say how much they hate fast food, yet I have never met a person in real life who doesn't like McDonalds (excluding vegatarians). It always makes me laugh when I hear "McDonalds makes me sick". Really? Then you are a wimp. Sack up princess.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Short version:

It sucks.

Long version:

Look at the countless documentaries/novels/health journals discussing fast food.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

I honestly get/feel sick after eating from a lot of fast food places. 

Combine that with the unhealthiness and poor quality I tend it avoid it when at all possible. 

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

It's unhealthy,but some of it is DELICIOUS.

Even if it makes you fat.

So,you see,ppl just like to overeact.

That doesn't mean that it's cool to eat junk food everyday.

It just means that ppl know how to exaggerate.

That's all.

Oh,and they don't have the right to tell you what to do.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]Maybe because McDonald's burgers actually do taste like crap?KiIIyou
Not posed to eat poo

Knowing McDonald it is $#!+.

Quite literally.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lightleggy

Short version:

It sucks.

Long version:

Look at the countless documentaries/novels/health journals discussing fast food.

Goyoshi12
You mean documentaries like supersize me which involves a man eating that stuff everyday for more than a month? Dude, you can literally die if you only eat salad for a month...your diet needs to be varied enough, eating the exact same stuff on a month will kill you unless you are eating a completely balanced meal like astronaut food. A teacher in high school was an adventist preacher, and he once visited an adventist town in the mountains, 3 girls from town, the 3 of them adventist, almost died and got a horrible anemia because they didn't eat meat (for being adventists) and weren't balancing their diet.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

*shrug*

I know it won't do us any good if we have it literally every day. But frankly, there's plenty of other sh*t out out there that isn't fast food, and just as bad you (perhaps fast food gets more attention because of how easy it is to obtain?). But on the odd occasion when you've got the hungries, a quick burger goes down pretty well.

[spoiler] I regret nothing. [/spoiler]

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreekGameManiac

You mean documentaries like supersize me which involves a man eating that stuff everyday for more than a month? Dude, you can literally die if you only eat salad for a month...your diet needs to be varied enough, eating the exact same stuff on a month will kill you unless you are eating a completely balanced meal like astronaut food. A teacher in high school was an adventist preacher, and he once visited an adventist town in the mountains, 3 girls from town, the 3 of them adventist, almost died and got a horrible anemia because they didn't eat meat (for being adventists) and weren't balancing their diet.lightleggy

Wow.

o_O

Better improve my diet!

Lol.

Avatar image for QuebecNationale
QuebecNationale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 QuebecNationale
Member since 2013 • 146 Posts

[QUOTE="QuebecNationale"]

lightleggy

What after taste? I have never heard about anyone who complained about an "after taste" in fast food, I've heard lots of people (and I think the same) who complain about the after taste of say, diet coke and coke zero, which IS horrible and actually increases your thirst, but "fast food after taste" is new to me. And if you always get sick after eating fast food, its either the specific restaurant you are visiting or you simply have an extremely week stomach, which is not fault of the fast food restaurant.

It's not as severe as say coke or Pepsi but basically, the first few bites of fast food taste decent, but then it gets worse and unbearable. That's what I meant when I said after taste.

And I have no doubt It's my stomach that makes me feel sick and throw up everytime I eat fast food, but it still doesn't change the fact that fast food makes me sick while home cooked meals don't, and that I generally don't feel good/clean after eating fast food. You Americans might be use to fast food, but healthy people such as myself can't stand it.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]Maybe because McDonald's burgers actually do taste like crap?KiIIyou
Not posed to eat poo

:lol: I don't get it, how are you always so funny!:)
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Goes straight to your thighs.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Probably the lack of quality calories. You can get 440 calories from a McDonald's double cheese burger, but about 40% of those calories is from trans fats.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Short version:

It sucks.

Long version:

lightleggy

You mean documentaries like supersize me which involves a man eating that stuff everyday for more than a month? Dude, you can literally die if you only eat salad for a month...your diet needs to be varied enough, eating the exact same stuff on a month will kill you unless you are eating a completely balanced meal like astronaut food. A teacher in high school was an adventist preacher, and he once visited an adventist town in the mountains, 3 girls from town, the 3 of them adventist, almost died and got a horrible anemia because they didn't eat meat (for being adventists) and weren't balancing their diet.

Eating only one thing can kill anyone, that's basic common knowledge that you need variety in your diet. Problem, though, NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THIS. As crazy as the experiment was, it is true, there are people out there who only eat McDonalds everyday more more than a month. It's like their way of living.

Also, just because three people nearly died from not eating meat proves nothing against the countless overweight nation of America and it's death totals of heart problems whether it be medical based or food based.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GreekGameManiac

Probably the lack of quality calories. You can get 440 calories from a McDonald's double cheese burger, but about 40% of those calories is from trans fats. Fightingfan

Yeah,this.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Fast food hamburgers are about the same nutrition wise as any other restaurant burger. Only reason people get fat off of fast food is because its more affordable and faster to get, so they can afford to eat more and get fat more. 

Fast food hamburgers taste better too imo.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#31 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

1: most tase like crap because it's all low quality garbage

2: some taste got but thats only because it's loaded with other crap that shouldn't be in it

3 fast food is loaded with preservatives and chemicals. Some of this stuff is designed to be addictive to make it come back for more.

4:  pre cooked garbage. It getting to the point where you can't go out chill at a restaurants and served pre cooked crap IMO that's pretty sad even outside of fast food

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If fast food is bad because of the calories, go work those calories off at the gym or something. I certainly don't have anything against fast food unless it's a sanitation thing. If it's the latter, then every establishment is suspect (not just fast food).     

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Some people have a superiority complex Anything to position themselves above others
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#34 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Fast food hamburgers are about the same nutrition wise as any other restaurant burger. Only reason people get fat off of fast food is because its more affordable and faster to get, so they can afford to eat more and get fat more. 

slipknot0129

lol don't make me laugh... Bet you there is AT LEAST 30 different ingredients in that stuff and bet you 90% of them is chemicals. go get a real burger....

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Short version:

It sucks.

Long version:

Goyoshi12

Eating only one thing can kill anyone, that's basic common knowledge that you need variety in your diet. Problem, though, NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THIS. As crazy as the experiment was, it is true, there are people out there who only eat McDonalds everyday more more than a month. It's like their way of living.

Also, just because three people nearly died from not eating meat proves nothing against the countless overweight nation of America and it's death totals of heart problems whether it be medical based or food based.

Supersize me was extremely critisized and is considered one of the less accurate and less reliable documentaries made in the previous decade. A girl from YT literally repeated the experiment but added a tiny bit of excersize after each meal and a single healthy meal A WEEK, and she lost over 30 pounds in a month.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

k2theswiss
lol don't make me laugh... Bet you there is AT LEAST 30 different ingredients in that stuff and bet your 90% of them is chemicals. go get a real burger....

As you are betting I'm guessing you know from a reliable source Link please :)
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] You mean documentaries like supersize me which involves a man eating that stuff everyday for more than a month? Dude, you can literally die if you only eat salad for a month...your diet needs to be varied enough, eating the exact same stuff on a month will kill you unless you are eating a completely balanced meal like astronaut food. A teacher in high school was an adventist preacher, and he once visited an adventist town in the mountains, 3 girls from town, the 3 of them adventist, almost died and got a horrible anemia because they didn't eat meat (for being adventists) and weren't balancing their diet.lightleggy

Supersize me was extremely critisized and is considered one of the less accurate and less reliable documentaries made in the previous decade. A girl from YT literally repeated the experiment but added a tiny bit of excersize after each meal and a single healthy meal A WEEK, and she lost over 30 pounds in a month.

Welp, you've convinced me. I mean, one person lost weight from eating a burger? My god, they MUST be healthy.

Give me a break.

Avatar image for Ace_of_Spades90
Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ace_of_Spades90
Member since 2012 • 815 Posts

I've come to appreciate fast food for it's convenience. For those days when you forget (or ran out of time) to prepare lunch prior to leaving for work/school, fast food is a godsend.

That being said, it is okay for you in moderation.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

chaoscougar1

lol don't make me laugh... Bet you there is AT LEAST 30 different ingredients in that stuff and bet your 90% of them is chemicals. go get a real burger....

Don't you mean a source that only you will accept as reliable?

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GreekGameManiac

I've come to appreciate fast food for it's convenience. For those days when you forget (or ran out of time) to prepare lunch prior to leaving for work/school, fast food is a godsend.

That being said, it is okay for you in moderation.

Ace_of_Spades90

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lightleggy

Goyoshi12

Welp, you've convinced me. I mean, one person lost weight from eating a burger? My god, they MUST be healthy.

Give me a break.

The whole point of supersize me was to show that mcdonalds food was unhealthy as **** and that it had 0 nutritional value amd that you couldn't improve your health if you ate mcdonalds. then a whole army of nutriotionist proved him wrong and even a random youtube girl managed to make a better and more reliable experiment with opposite results from his.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Supersize me was extremely critisized and is considered one of the less accurate and less reliable documentaries made in the previous decade. A girl from YT literally repeated the experiment but added a tiny bit of excersize after each meal and a single healthy meal A WEEK, and she lost over 30 pounds in a month.lightleggy

Give me a break.

The whole point of supersize me was to show that mcdonalds food was unhealthy as **** and that it had 0 nutritional value amd that you couldn't improve your health if you ate mcdonalds. then a whole army of nutriotionist proved him wrong and even a random youtube girl managed to make a better and more reliable experiment with opposite results from his.

Why are you still talking about Supersize Me? I hated the movie, too.

Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ace_of_Spades90

@TC I'm not going to lie, though. I don't even know you and I'm kind of worried about you. In my 'cuisine thread' you mentioned that you don't eat any veggies/fruits, and now you're defending fast food...

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lightleggy

Give me a break.

Goyoshi12

'cause we were talking about it, you said that despite the experiment was crazy the movie was still true, and I said it wasn't because of those reasons.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lightleggy

@TC I'm not going to lie, though. I don't even know you and I'm kind of worried about you. In my 'cuisine thread' you mentioned that you don't eat any veggies/fruits, and now you're defending fast food...

Ace_of_Spades90
Wow seriously why is it that when I say "I dont eat fruit and vegetables" people think im saying "I ONLY EAT COMPLETELY UNHEALTHY JUNK". I got shocking news for you: Fruits and vegetables are not the only healthy food in existance.
Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ace_of_Spades90

[QUOTE="Ace_of_Spades90"]

lightleggy

Wow seriously why is it that when I say "I dont eat fruit and vegetables" people think im saying "I ONLY EAT COMPLETELY UNHEALTHY JUNK". I got shocking news for you: Fruits and vegetables are not the only healthy food in existance.

Sure, I get that. However, it's very well known that incorportating a lot of different foods into your diet is much more beneficial to your health, as opposed to only consuming meats and carbs. Where are you getting fiber? How about vitamin C? There are a plethora of essential nutrients you're missing out on.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Goyoshi12

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] The whole point of supersize me was to show that mcdonalds food was unhealthy as **** and that it had 0 nutritional value amd that you couldn't improve your health if you ate mcdonalds. then a whole army of nutriotionist proved him wrong and even a random youtube girl managed to make a better and more reliable experiment with opposite results from his.lightleggy

'cause we were talking about it, you said that despite the experiment was crazy the movie was still true, and I said it wasn't because of those reasons.

I meant it was true that people live like the way he did in eating nothing BUT fast food.

As for the YT girl, it's a girl on YT. That holds nothing against the countless amount of cardiovascualr surgeons and doctors about the negative effects of over eating on fast food. Besides, every single human functions differently, perhaps her body had a different reaction upon eating fast food which...did the things that it did. I guess.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

k2theswiss

lol don't make me laugh... Bet you there is AT LEAST 30 different ingredients in that stuff and bet you 90% of them is chemicals. go get a real burger....

Lol it might but thats not the point. I like fast food burgers better and they dont make you any fatter than a regular burger. 

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Admittedly not all fast food is bad. There are definitely some diamonds in the crap. Heck there are even a couple of fast food restaurants that would be hard to walk into, and get a bad meal regardless of what you order (Fazolies and Steak n Shake come to mind). That being said most fast food joints have a lot of bad food on the menu with only a couple of worthwhile options.

Plus TC the older you get the more you will come to want quality food over fast food. 

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"] lol don't make me laugh... Bet you there is AT LEAST 30 different ingredients in that stuff and bet your 90% of them is chemicals. go get a real burger....Goyoshi12

Don't you mean a source that only you will accept as reliable?

Wikipedia