What is it with people hating on fast food?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4729 posts) -

lol@people saying they like it because its tasty. i wonder if some new food chain specialized in selling well seasoned feces will people still eat it...

i'm sure we all know why there's a backlash on fastfood. lol

bnarmz

Because it's unhealthy. It still tastes good.

#102 Posted by drufeous (2535 posts) -

I love a Big Mac every once in a while and Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich and Double Cheesburger are amazing. Also love me some Arby's. I don't give a **** if it's bad for me. I only eat it 1-2xs a month and I work out 5x a week.

#103 Posted by Celldrax (14722 posts) -

lol@people saying they like it because its tasty. i wonder if some new food chain specialized in selling well seasoned feces will people still eat it...

i'm sure we all know why there's a backlash on fastfood. lol

bnarmz

Because it's easy to obtain, and makes you fat when eaten in excess... like heaps of other foods. The only difference with fast food is you don't have to make it yourself.

Other than that, it's really no worse than other unhealthy stuff when had in moderation (the quality of taste is debatable, that that really comes down to each person).

#104 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16836 posts) -

I'm surprised at how popular McDonald's is in Japan which is supposed to have a people with a penchant for a healthy diet.

#105 Posted by Teenaged (31747 posts) -

McDonalds is mediocre at best.

If it werent for the sauces they put in the burgers they would be really bad.

But yeah I'm not against fast food. In my country we have a very popular fast food chain that used to be quite good actually (its going downhill lately imo).

But its kind of expected that people glorify the, um, lets call it authentic or healthy alternatives. Partly to boast that they are making a better choice (whether they make that stuff at home or just choose to eat at non-fast food places) and partly because fast food is still very popular (and probably will be for a long time; I dont see that changing), so the condemnation of it has to kinda counter- balance its popularity.

#106 Posted by MrGeezer (56760 posts) -

Because it's unhealthy. It still tastes good.

WiiCubeM1
Not even because it's unhealthy. Plenty of restaurants serve food that's as bad as or worse than anything you'll get from McDonalds or Wendys.
#107 Posted by XDeSuEhTX (11191 posts) -

It is pretty bad for you, all the crap they put into it just to make it taste good, and the preservatives, etc... There's a reason why if you go OFF of fast-food for a few months, you'll start to feel like a new person. But I'm not anti-fast food, just sayin.

And McDonalds is the worst as far as quality goes. Seriously, their brugers are lousy compaired to their competition, but they're cheap. So McDonalds wins by default I guess, because everyone loves a bargain. For real, Wendys, Hardees, and Burger King are FAR superior in taste. My favorite FF joints are Subway, Arbys, and Taco Bell.

#108 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

Food is food.  People overthink this kind of stuff.

#109 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

CAUSE FAST FOOD IS BAD FOR YOU! GO LIFT AND JUICE INSTEAD NERD.

People don't like you eating tasty things. Simple as that. Oh, and apparently everyone has a nearby local joint that is infinitely superior to large chain places because of subjectivity.

WiiCubeM1

Normally the local chains do taste better, but they're expensive as all hell. When I'm out and about and need to eat, I don't like stopping at a local shop and paying 9 bucks for a sandwich (that's the price for the best local shop in my area).

Wow that's awful. You can get a sandwich, chips, and drink for like $5 or less at a local store here in Cincinnati.

#110 Posted by ReviewerDrake (766 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

CAUSE FAST FOOD IS BAD FOR YOU! GO LIFT AND JUICE INSTEAD NERD.

People don't like you eating tasty things. Simple as that. Oh, and apparently everyone has a nearby local joint that is infinitely superior to large chain places because of subjectivity.

cain006

Normally the local chains do taste better, but they're expensive as all hell. When I'm out and about and need to eat, I don't like stopping at a local shop and paying 9 bucks for a sandwich (that's the price for the best local shop in my area).

Wow that's awful. You can get a sandwich, chips, and drink for like $5 or less at a local store here in Cincinnati.

We have a local joint over here in Florida that makes an awesome foot long Philly Cheese steak with homemade chips and a drink for around 7 bucks.

#111 Posted by playmynutz (6235 posts) -
In my town we have every single fast food chain and barely any local food joints. I work a city away and I make sure i eat something good in a local food joint before i head back home to fast food paradise. I get stomach aches just leaving my house, you gotta have an iron stomach to live off a fast food diet like chipotle for lunch, mcd for dinner, subway for supper, taco bell next day, kfc for next day dinner, ewww!
#112 Posted by Wolf-Man2006 (4187 posts) -

Because there's basically nothing else to whine about.

#113 Posted by wis3boi (31719 posts) -

I'm surprised at how popular McDonald's is in Japan which is supposed to have a people with a penchant for a healthy diet.

jun_aka_pekto

To be fair they don't sell the same menu items as they do in the US/Europe

#114 Posted by JasonGriffee (194 posts) -

Because fast food is garbage. Also:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038442_mcdonalds_mcrib_sandwich_restructured_meat_technology.html

#115 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10172 posts) -
It pisses me off that people say that it's so unhealthy. Of fvcking course it's going to be unhealthy; you don't go there when you're on a diet. If you don't like it, don't eat it and shut the hell up.
#116 Posted by junglist101 (5462 posts) -

Fast food is good in moderation.  If you eat it to often it gets gross but once in a while can really hit the spot.

#117 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
Fast food in here is dirty because people don't clean, and from all the RARE times I eat fast food, i have to feel all the weird stuff in my stomach x___x
junglist101
hmmmm....
#118 Posted by BatCrazedJoker (1978 posts) -
Fast food is extremely unhealthy and needs to be banned.
#119 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6608 posts) -
McDonalds has some damn good fries. Some of the best around
#120 Posted by lonewolf604 (8532 posts) -

Because hating fast food is the new Reefer Madness. People like to pretend that they're healthier than others by using fast food as a scapegoat. I know people that "hate" fast food but get wasted every weekend.....

Moderation is key. Having fast food once in a while won't hurt you.