What is it with people hating on fast food?

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

lol@people saying they like it because its tasty. i wonder if some new food chain specialized in selling well seasoned feces will people still eat it...

i'm sure we all know why there's a backlash on fastfood. lol

bnarmz

Because it's unhealthy. It still tastes good.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I love a Big Mac every once in a while and Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich and Double Cheesburger are amazing. Also love me some Arby's. I don't give a **** if it's bad for me. I only eat it 1-2xs a month and I work out 5x a week.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

lol@people saying they like it because its tasty. i wonder if some new food chain specialized in selling well seasoned feces will people still eat it...

i'm sure we all know why there's a backlash on fastfood. lol

bnarmz

Because it's easy to obtain, and makes you fat when eaten in excess... like heaps of other foods. The only difference with fast food is you don't have to make it yourself.

Other than that, it's really no worse than other unhealthy stuff when had in moderation (the quality of taste is debatable, that that really comes down to each person).

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm surprised at how popular McDonald's is in Japan which is supposed to have a people with a penchant for a healthy diet.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

McDonalds is mediocre at best.

If it werent for the sauces they put in the burgers they would be really bad.

But yeah I'm not against fast food. In my country we have a very popular fast food chain that used to be quite good actually (its going downhill lately imo).

But its kind of expected that people glorify the, um, lets call it authentic or healthy alternatives. Partly to boast that they are making a better choice (whether they make that stuff at home or just choose to eat at non-fast food places) and partly because fast food is still very popular (and probably will be for a long time; I dont see that changing), so the condemnation of it has to kinda counter- balance its popularity.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Because it's unhealthy. It still tastes good.

WiiCubeM1
Not even because it's unhealthy. Plenty of restaurants serve food that's as bad as or worse than anything you'll get from McDonalds or Wendys.
XDeSuEhTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 XDeSuEhTX
Member since 2004 • 11191 Posts

It is pretty bad for you, all the crap they put into it just to make it taste good, and the preservatives, etc... There's a reason why if you go OFF of fast-food for a few months, you'll start to feel like a new person. But I'm not anti-fast food, just sayin.

And McDonalds is the worst as far as quality goes. Seriously, their brugers are lousy compaired to their competition, but they're cheap. So McDonalds wins by default I guess, because everyone loves a bargain. For real, Wendys, Hardees, and Burger King are FAR superior in taste. My favorite FF joints are Subway, Arbys, and Taco Bell.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Food is food.  People overthink this kind of stuff.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#109 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

CAUSE FAST FOOD IS BAD FOR YOU! GO LIFT AND JUICE INSTEAD NERD.

People don't like you eating tasty things. Simple as that. Oh, and apparently everyone has a nearby local joint that is infinitely superior to large chain places because of subjectivity.

WiiCubeM1

Normally the local chains do taste better, but they're expensive as all hell. When I'm out and about and need to eat, I don't like stopping at a local shop and paying 9 bucks for a sandwich (that's the price for the best local shop in my area).

Wow that's awful. You can get a sandwich, chips, and drink for like $5 or less at a local store here in Cincinnati.

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

CAUSE FAST FOOD IS BAD FOR YOU! GO LIFT AND JUICE INSTEAD NERD.

People don't like you eating tasty things. Simple as that. Oh, and apparently everyone has a nearby local joint that is infinitely superior to large chain places because of subjectivity.

cain006

Normally the local chains do taste better, but they're expensive as all hell. When I'm out and about and need to eat, I don't like stopping at a local shop and paying 9 bucks for a sandwich (that's the price for the best local shop in my area).

Wow that's awful. You can get a sandwich, chips, and drink for like $5 or less at a local store here in Cincinnati.

We have a local joint over here in Florida that makes an awesome foot long Philly Cheese steak with homemade chips and a drink for around 7 bucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
In my town we have every single fast food chain and barely any local food joints. I work a city away and I make sure i eat something good in a local food joint before i head back home to fast food paradise. I get stomach aches just leaving my house, you gotta have an iron stomach to live off a fast food diet like chipotle for lunch, mcd for dinner, subway for supper, taco bell next day, kfc for next day dinner, ewww!
Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

Because there's basically nothing else to whine about.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I'm surprised at how popular McDonald's is in Japan which is supposed to have a people with a penchant for a healthy diet.

jun_aka_pekto

To be fair they don't sell the same menu items as they do in the US/Europe

JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 JasonGriffee
Member since 2011 • 194 Posts

Because fast food is garbage. Also:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038442_mcdonalds_mcrib_sandwich_restructured_meat_technology.html

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#115 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
It pisses me off that people say that it's so unhealthy. Of fvcking course it's going to be unhealthy; you don't go there when you're on a diet. If you don't like it, don't eat it and shut the hell up.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Fast food is good in moderation.  If you eat it to often it gets gross but once in a while can really hit the spot.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Fast food in here is dirty because people don't clean, and from all the RARE times I eat fast food, i have to feel all the weird stuff in my stomach x___x
junglist101
hmmmm....
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
Fast food is extremely unhealthy and needs to be banned.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
McDonalds has some damn good fries. Some of the best around
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Because hating fast food is the new Reefer Madness. People like to pretend that they're healthier than others by using fast food as a scapegoat. I know people that "hate" fast food but get wasted every weekend.....

Moderation is key. Having fast food once in a while won't hurt you.Â