What is it with people hating on fast food?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] As you are betting I'm guessing you know from a reliable source Link please :)chaoscougar1

Don't you mean a source that only you will accept as reliable?

Wikipedia

Of course.

#52 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Ace_of_Spades90"]

@TC I'm not going to lie, though. I don't even know you and I'm kind of worried about you. In my 'cuisine thread' you mentioned that you don't eat any veggies/fruits, and now you're defending fast food...

Ace_of_Spades90

Wow seriously why is it that when I say "I dont eat fruit and vegetables" people think im saying "I ONLY EAT COMPLETELY UNHEALTHY JUNK". I got shocking news for you: Fruits and vegetables are not the only healthy food in existance.

Sure, I get that. However, it's very well known that incorportating a lot of different foods into your diet is much more beneficial to your health, as opposed to only consuming meats and carbs. Where are you getting fiber? How about vitamin C? There are a plethora of essential nutrients you're missing out on.

Meat and fish, while not rich on fiber, have afair amount of it, however my "main source" of fiber would come from whole grain, which is like 70% of what I eat since the national cuisine literally revolves around whole grain. Also, the only vegetable, and I mean only one which I eat is potato, and only because I dont consider it a vegetable. aside from that I eat no other vegetable or fruit. no nutrient is exclusive to fruits and vegetable.
#53 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ace_of_Spades90"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Wow seriously why is it that when I say "I dont eat fruit and vegetables" people think im saying "I ONLY EAT COMPLETELY UNHEALTHY JUNK". I got shocking news for you: Fruits and vegetables are not the only healthy food in existance.lightleggy

Sure, I get that. However, it's very well known that incorportating a lot of different foods into your diet is much more beneficial to your health, as opposed to only consuming meats and carbs. Where are you getting fiber? How about vitamin C? There are a plethora of essential nutrients you're missing out on.

Meat and fish, while not rich on fiber, have afair amount of it, however my "main source" of fiber would come from whole grain, which is like 70% of what I eat since the national cuisine literally revolves around whole grain. Also, the only vegetable, and I mean only one which I eat is potato, and only because I dont consider it a vegetable. aside from that I eat no other vegetable or fruit. no nutrient is exclusive to fruits and vegetable.

I've seen this way too many times and I have to ask: What the @#$% is a fish?

#54 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Why are you still talking about Supersize Me? I hated the movie, too.

Goyoshi12

'cause we were talking about it, you said that despite the experiment was crazy the movie was still true, and I said it wasn't because of those reasons.

I meant it was true that people live like the way he did in eating nothing BUT fast food.

As for the YT girl, it's a girl on YT. That holds nothing against the countless amount of cardiovascualr surgeons and doctors about the negative effects of over eating on fast food. Besides, every single human functions differently, perhaps her body had a different reaction upon eating fast food which...did the things that it did. I guess.

Because 99% of the time (yes that statistic was made on the spot) the solution to those "bad diets" is just doing a bit of exercize, which is what she did. Recently in my country, they banned the school cafeterias from selling "unhealthy" food and sodas because they said a lot of kids were getting overweight, I do not support that measure because im pretty confident the solution would have been to improve the physical education program, which actually helps better than banning those foods.
#55 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Because 99% of the time (yes that statistic was made on the spot) the solution to those "bad diets" is just doing a bit of exercize, which is what she did. Recently in my country, they banned the school cafeterias from selling "unhealthy" food and sodas because they said a lot of kids were getting overweight, I do not support that measure because im pretty confident the solution would have been to improve the physical education program, which actually helps better than banning those foods.lightleggy

Now if only ppl started working out...

#56 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] 'cause we were talking about it, you said that despite the experiment was crazy the movie was still true, and I said it wasn't because of those reasons.lightleggy

I meant it was true that people live like the way he did in eating nothing BUT fast food.

As for the YT girl, it's a girl on YT. That holds nothing against the countless amount of cardiovascualr surgeons and doctors about the negative effects of over eating on fast food. Besides, every single human functions differently, perhaps her body had a different reaction upon eating fast food which...did the things that it did. I guess.

Because 99% of the time (yes that statistic was made on the spot) the solution to those "bad diets" is just doing a bit of exercize, which is what she did. Recently in my country, they banned the school cafeterias from selling "unhealthy" food and sodas because they said a lot of kids were getting overweight, I do not support that measure because im pretty confident the solution would have been to improve the physical education program, which actually helps better than banning those foods.

Sure, improve the health programs, that'll get the fat @$$ idiots to work out more.

Programs mean d!ck if no one uses them.

#57 Posted by Ace_of_Spades90 (772 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ace_of_Spades90"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Wow seriously why is it that when I say "I dont eat fruit and vegetables" people think im saying "I ONLY EAT COMPLETELY UNHEALTHY JUNK". I got shocking news for you: Fruits and vegetables are not the only healthy food in existance.lightleggy

You can do what you want, but I'm just stating the truth - that veggies and fruits are vital to good health. You say you're healthy now, but what about when you get older? Do you know that antioxidants (found in fruits and veggies; not the same kind found in whole grains btw) fight and eradicate free radicals and other toxins? You can actually slash the risk of various cancers by consuming the right foods; you're completely missing out by choosing to not eat any fruits/veggies. Grains (whole wheat or not) and meat will only get you so far.

#58 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

Goyoshi12

Sure, improve the health programs, that'll get the fat @$$ idiots to work out more.

If you force them to do it, by you know, making them fail the subject if they dont (which is what happens already) then they will do it, they are kids. the idea is to get them used to working out.
#59 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Fast food hamburgers are about the same nutrition wise as any other restaurant burger. Only reason people get fat off of fast food is because its more affordable and faster to get, so they can afford to eat more and get fat more. 

Fast food hamburgers taste better too imo.

slipknot0129

Yeah there is definitely this perception that fast food is tons worse than regular restaurant food.  My family owns a restaurant, and I can tell you that there's a lot of fat and calories in those dishes.  Not just at our restaurant, but pretty much all of them.  In fact places like Chili's, Friday's, etc. have meals with higher calorie counts than Mcdonald's often and load their dishes up with fat, butter and the like.  

The one thing that fast foods are bad on is the preservatives and additives, but seriously all of these people who talk about going to a "real good burger joint" yeah I know the type you're talking about and they're awesome, but certainly not out and out better for your health.  I mean at those places instead of a 600 cal burger you're probably getting an 1100 cal one that's got tons of trans fat.

#60 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8391 posts) -
They're just salty. I eat fast food all the time. I'm skinny and in good shape.
#61 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Because 99% of the time (yes that statistic was made on the spot) the solution to those "bad diets" is just doing a bit of exercize, which is what she did. Recently in my country, they banned the school cafeterias from selling "unhealthy" food and sodas because they said a lot of kids were getting overweight, I do not support that measure because im pretty confident the solution would have been to improve the physical education program, which actually helps better than banning those foods.lightleggy

If you force them to do it, by you know, making them fail the subject if they dont (which is what happens already) then they will do it, they are kids. the idea is to get them used to working out.

So...you don't like taking away people's rights to eat fast food but you encourage the idea of forcing them to exercise?

#62 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Ace_of_Spades90"]

Ace_of_Spades90

You can do what you want, but I'm just stating the truth - that veggies and fruits are vital to good health. You say you're healthy now, but what about when you get older? Do you know that antioxidants (found in fruits and veggies; not the same kind found in whole grains btw) fight and eradicate free radicals and other toxins? You can actually slash the risk of various cancers by consuming the right foods; you're completely missing out by choosing to not eat any fruits/veggies. Grains (whole wheat or not) and meat will only get you so far.

My nutritionist say otherwise, as well as the plethora of people I know who have the same dietary habits, some of them are 30 years old, the oldest one is 50 and he is in great shape, not saying he is because he doesnt eat fruits, but he just is as healthy as any other man from his age. and then, my nutritinist said that in the unlikely case that things go bad, I can always take the nutrient directly from a pill like once a week, its something called "the american diet" and the jar of pills is actually extremely cheap, contains all the nutrients you need. The importance of fruits and veggies are exaggerated by society.
#63 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

Goyoshi12

So...you don't like taking away people's rights to eat fast food but you encourage the idea of forcing them to exercise?

They are at school... that's like saying that I respect a kid's decision about hating math so I will allow him to receive no math at high school.
#64 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
Because it's pretty gross. I never ate fast food growing up and whenever I try it now it looks unapealing, taste bad, and gives me stomach issues.
#65 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Because it's pretty gross. I never ate fast food growing up and whenever I try it now it looks unapealing, taste bad, and gives me stomach issues.dagreenfish

>_>

#66 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I don't think anybody is disputing that. Nobody who goes to McDonald's actually thinks "omg best hamburger ever"JML897
I've had people eat my homemade burgers and say they'd prefer McDonald's or BK or whatever. Some people have become addicted to the "flavour" of fast food. I know some people who prefer McDonald's fries to any other kind, including homemade.
#67 Posted by wis3boi (31830 posts) -

not really into eating sloppy messes that taste like nothing but salt and grease

#68 Posted by hummer700 (10236 posts) -

It tastes good, no doubt, but it has a ton of saturated fats, artificial flavoring, preservatives, sodium and its processed. Its really unhealthy but eating it once in a while won't kill you or make you fat. 

#69 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

They're just salty. I eat fast food all the time. I'm skinny and in good shape.monkeytoes61

This...Love me some fast food and I stay healthy.

#70 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -
What is it with people hating on fast food?lightleggy
because it's the cool thing to do these days. The first couple of pages in this thread prove that.
#71 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -

[QUOTE="dagreenfish"]Because it's pretty gross. I never ate fast food growing up and whenever I try it now it looks unapealing, taste bad, and gives me stomach issues.GreekGameManiac

>_>

:roll:

#72 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Because it's cheap, fast, and receives tons of bad publicity.

Personally I don't eat it as much but it's simply convenience. If I'm hungry and need something fast and cheap and nothing else is open, I'm heading to McDonalds and ordering a Big Mac with fries and I will enjoy it just as I enjoy Cheeburger Cheeburger because I'm not a goddamn food nazi.

#73 Posted by sukraj (23680 posts) -

its not very often i eat fast food.

#74 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

Fast food is fine with a little moderation. 

#75 Posted by Diablo-B (4053 posts) -
What exactly does fast food taste better then? Dry cardboard bread, cheese that tastes like plastic. Meat that is either too salty or tasteless. Almost every diner, restaurant makes better and healthier food. I guess home cooking from a person that can't cook would be worse.
#76 Posted by HyperWarlock (3295 posts) -

Does chinese takeout count as fast food? If so then, I LOVE FAST FOOD.

#77 Posted by wis3boi (31830 posts) -

Does chinese takeout count as fast food? If so then, I LOVE FAST FOOD.

HyperWarlock

It could I guess, but where I get my chinese takeout is a family owned place and the same food I take home is the same as if you got waited on.  I don't mind paying the extra over the other hole-in-the-wall places to get real stuff :P

#78 Posted by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -

most of it tastes bad (fair enough its cheap , but its still mostly crap), , oh and it makes you fat

well , too much of anything will make you fat, but at least that food occasionally tastes good.

#79 Posted by zenogandia (861 posts) -

FAT FOODS. The only reason why someone would defend them is because they're obese.

#80 Posted by Ricardomz (2715 posts) -

It's unhealthy but on the other side it's super tasty so who cares.

#81 Posted by Dogswithguns (10880 posts) -

Oh, foods are foods... have a heart.

#82 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -
I think McDonalds makes the best burger/fries. Better than any home made stuff. To bad I can never eat it.
#83 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11348 posts) -
I honestly love fast food but refrain from eating it too often. I had Chik-Fil-a (don't get your panties in a bunch) two days ago and that was the first fast food I've had in about a month.
#84 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

I don't get how anybody can not like fries. And honestly the burgers at McDonald's are good. I haven't eaten at another fast food restaurant in years though. Only reason I ate McDonald's was because I worked there. Fast food's just overpriced.

Also ever notice how sometimes at McDonald's you'll get a sh*t ton of salt and pepper on your burger and other times practically none? Yeah that's because of lazy a**es like me who don't bother doing it evenly before taking the burgers off the grill.

#85 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

I don't get how anybody can not like fries. And honestly the burgers at McDonald's are good. I haven't eaten at another fast food restaurant in years though. Only reason I ate McDonald's was because I worked there. Fast food's just overpriced.

Also ever notice how sometimes at McDonald's you'll get a sh*t ton of salt and pepper on your burger and other times practically none? Yeah that's because of lazy a**es like me who don't bother doing it evenly before taking the burgers off the grill.

cain006
Fries are horrible, not only mcdonalds "fries" but any fries. BTW you worked there, you know that "fries" are literally made out of the leftover grease.
#86 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

FAT FOODS. The only reason why someone would defend them is because they're obese.

zenogandia
im not obese. Seriously dude, eating 3 cheeseburgers wont make you a ball of grease.
#87 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4729 posts) -

Until you've been served black soup, you have NO IDEA what bad food truly tastes like.

I mean, fast food doesn't taste bad by any stretch of the imagination. Hate on it for being unhealthy, but it doesn't taste bad.

#88 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

Until you've been served black soup, you have NO IDEA what bad food truly tastes like.

I mean, fast food doesn't taste bad by any stretch of the imagination. Hate on it for being unhealthy, but it doesn't taste bad.

WiiCubeM1
Thats funny, black soup is considered to be one of the most delicious dishes in my country, I personally hate it but as far as I know most people love it, same with aztek soup.
#89 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4729 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

lightleggy

Thats funny, black soup is considered to be one of the most delicious dishes in my country, I personally hate it but as far as I know most people love it, same with aztek soup.

The greek blood soup? I always thought it tasted like what burning hair smells like, and that is a comparison I do not enjoy making.

#90 Posted by lightleggy (16075 posts) -

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

WiiCubeM1

The greek blood soup? I always thought it tasted like what burning hair smells like, and that is a comparison I do not enjoy making.

oh well, I dont know if we are talking about the same black soup. The one im talking about has uhm...black bean juice (its obviously not actual juice, I just dont know the english word for it) and fried eggs. it tastes horrible but people seem to love it.
#91 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4729 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiCubeM1"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] Thats funny, black soup is considered to be one of the most delicious dishes in my country, I personally hate it but as far as I know most people love it, same with aztek soup.lightleggy

oh well, I dont know if we are talking about the same black soup. The one im talking about has uhm...black bean juice (its obviously not actual juice, I just dont know the english word for it) and fried eggs. it tastes horrible but people seem to love it.

I don't think I've ever had that.

#92 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="cain006"]

lightleggy

Fries are horrible, not only mcdonalds "fries" but any fries. BTW you worked there, you know that "fries" are literally made out of the leftover grease.

Fries are cooked in oil. And if the fries are light, hardly any oil got into them.

And what makes mcdonald's fries "fries"? They're just potatoes that you stick in hot oil.

#93 Posted by ReviewerDrake (805 posts) -

"McDonalds makes me sick". Really? Then you are a wimp. Sack up princess.

redstorm72

Lol

#94 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -
Did you hear that it's UNHEALTHY?!?!!?JML897
Yeah, and all healthy things taste wonderful right? :D
#95 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5987 posts) -
I only go for fast food a few times a month. McDonalds is alright, Taco Bell is pretty good, and Wendy's has amazing sandwiches, probably my favorite place to get fast food.
#96 Posted by TAMKFan (32860 posts) -

Yeah, I never understood the bad reputation for fast food either. It's not that bad for you, as long as you don't eat it everyday or something. With that said, I do quite like some fast food, but only eat it like once or twice a month.

#97 Posted by LLYNCES (378 posts) -

Because it's a large reason why there are so many obese people. That being said I fvcking love fastfood, luckily I can eat it and not turn into a complete fat ass.

#98 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26233 posts) -

CAUSE FAST FOOD IS BAD FOR YOU! GO LIFT AND JUICE INSTEAD NERD.

People don't like you eating tasty things. Simple as that. Oh, and apparently everyone has a nearby local joint that is infinitely superior to large chain places because of subjectivity.

#99 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4729 posts) -

CAUSE FAST FOOD IS BAD FOR YOU! GO LIFT AND JUICE INSTEAD NERD.

People don't like you eating tasty things. Simple as that. Oh, and apparently everyone has a nearby local joint that is infinitely superior to large chain places because of subjectivity.

ChubbyGuy40

Normally the local chains do taste better, but they're expensive as all hell. When I'm out and about and need to eat, I don't like stopping at a local shop and paying 9 bucks for a sandwich (that's the price for the best local shop in my area).

#100 Posted by bnarmz (1370 posts) -

lol@people saying they like it because its tasty. i wonder if some new food chain specialized in selling well seasoned feces will people still eat it...

i'm sure we all know why there's a backlash on fastfood. lol