USA VS England,which is better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

Yes and they defeated the British in the war of 1812, this is why Canada always wins in Canada vs US.

CHOASXIII

that was not the revolutionary war, bro

They were connected in a way, Canada always comes out on top though.

No, they really weren't. Fair point that Canada beat us down, though.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

that was not the revolutionary war, bro

coolbeans90

Exactly, Canada is the best.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

I love the UK, it gave birth to Charles Darwin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#204 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

In soccer, England has us beat.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

USA. We may be pretty bad, but at least we have freedom of speech.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

scoots9
I believe the british have that as well.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]WTF happened to this thread...oh wait...funky is in here. That explains it.MannyDelgado
Oh, look..... another fan, looking for attention....... meh..........

I don't want your attention and I'm no fan. :roll:
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="scoots9"]

sonicare

I believe the british have that as well.

there is a hate law in the u.k. hate speech is illegal the WB church people would be arrested in the uk, its a good law.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

Also Canada beat the US in the Revolutionary war.

CHOASXIII

wat

iirc canada wasn't even part of it

Yes and they defeated the British in the war of 1812, this is why Canada always wins in Canada vs US.

What?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

USA by far. UK has really ugly women and bad food. themajormayor

Grew up in England, and currently live in Canada, about 15 minutes away from the state of New York. I can honestly say, "Wut?"

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

I have never been to England, but I would like to go there someday. However I believe their health system is better than ours, but I think England has sh!tty gun laws, no right to bear arms at all = an automatic fail in my book. People can't even conceal carry in England, what the hell guys? How do you defend yourself?

Also America has more diversity, there are far more immigrants and ethnicitys from all over the world in America than there is England.

ShadowMoses900

We do have the right to bear arms in the uk. It's a very old law that was written back when guns were greatly different to modern guns.

This should help

In the US, I can own a hand gun, carry it concealed, go the shooting range and fire it off, and purchase rounds for it. I can also modify it if I so choose, with having single action trigger instead of double action. I can fully own the gun and no one can take it from me as long as I am a law abiding citizen.

You cannot do this in the UK. Your right to bear arms is a joke compared to ours.

you also have 4 times the homicide rate, much likely to be killed, this difference is even more apparent in large cities.

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts

Man this thread got ugly. From Canadian douchebags, to Gun haters and lovers, to Crooked teeth, to hypocrisy, to uhm I forgot what else.

Both countries have there ups and down. I prefer the USA personally. Only place I call home

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="Chicken453"]England! 1: Because western Europe excluding Spain, is a lot less racist then the US, also being able to hop from England, to Belgium, to Denmark, to Italy is amazing. 2: More variety of people and languages, I have friends in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Lithuania just through being able to go to those places so much. 3: Family reasons (personal reason), A big chunk of my family are from Portugal so living in England makes it easy to visit, which can be said for anyone with family in europe. LJS9502_basic
From what I've observed England is more racist than the US. US has more variety in the one country than England does. No travel necessary.

That's because the US is HUGE. Every single European country has more variety per square Km than the US, by a HUGE margin.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Chicken453"]England! 1: Because western Europe excluding Spain, is a lot less racist then the US, also being able to hop from England, to Belgium, to Denmark, to Italy is amazing. 2: More variety of people and languages, I have friends in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Lithuania just through being able to go to those places so much. 3: Family reasons (personal reason), A big chunk of my family are from Portugal so living in England makes it easy to visit, which can be said for anyone with family in europe. nunovlopes

From what I've observed England is more racist than the US. US has more variety in the one country than England does. No travel necessary.

That's because the US is HUGE. Every single European country has more variety per square Km than the US, by a HUGE margin.

Not really. The people are much more homogeneous than in the US.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] From what I've observed England is more racist than the US. US has more variety in the one country than England does. No travel necessary.LJS9502_basic

Again, that's because the US is huge. In Europe you get much more diversity per square Km, and that goes for people, scenery, pretty much everything.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

LOL @ England

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

nunovlopes

Again, that's because the US is huge. In Europe you get much more diversity per square Km, and that goes for people, scenery, pretty much everything.

Has nothing to do with the size and more to do with the mix dude.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 kingkong0124

hilarious

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#220 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]We do have the right to bear arms in the uk. It's a very old law that was written back when guns were greatly different to modern guns.

This should help

Ncsoftlover

In the US, I can own a hand gun, carry it concealed, go the shooting range and fire it off, and purchase rounds for it. I can also modify it if I so choose, with having single action trigger instead of double action. I can fully own the gun and no one can take it from me as long as I am a law abiding citizen.

You cannot do this in the UK. Your right to bear arms is a joke compared to ours.

you also have 4 times the homicide rate, much likely to be killed, this difference is even more apparent in large cities.

The larger cities have much stricter gun laws, it is very hard to own a gun legally in places like New York or Los Angeles, Chicago has the most harmufl Gun Right laws in the US. In all these places crimes are the highest.

Conversely look at some of the big cities in Texas like Dallas, they have lower gun crimes than those other cities and far less gun laws. Then look at countires like Switzerland, most gun relaxed place in the western world probably, and they have virtually no crimes at all.

Watch this and get informed: For The Record : Guns Are Good

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 kingkong0124

get informed

ShadowMoses900

I think you're expecting too much out of him :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 LJS9502_basic
That's cold kk. In other news...I need to check out some Scandinavians....
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

The larger cities have much stricter gun laws, it is very hard to own a gun legally in places like New York or Los Angeles, Chicago has the most harmufl Gun Right laws in the US. In all these places crimes are the highest.

Conversely look at some of the big cities in Texas like Dallas, they have lower gun crimes than those other cities and far less gun laws. Then look at countires like Switzerland, most gun relaxed place in the western world probably, and they have virtually no crimes at all.

If guns laws are strict in densely populated areas in America, why are you singling out England? England's population density is over 10 times higher than the US.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

CHOASXIII

Exactly, Canada is the best.

LOL

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

wat

iirc canada wasn't even part of it

LJS9502_basic

What?

Yep, you Americans have no knowledge of what Canada did for you.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

you are expecting too much out of American citizens, they're not up to the standard of model society that is Switzerland. The gap between the rich and poor is a major indicator of the crime rate, the USA is not anywhere close to comparable to Switzerland. With that said, Switzerland may have a lowhomicide rate, and it does, but Norway, Slovenia, Iceland, Japan, Austria,Spain are just some of the examples of countries that have lower (or similar) homicide rate with much stricter gun control laws.

The truth remains that USA has the most relaxed gun laws in the developed world, happen to have a high violent crime rate, the highest homicide rate, a much much greater percentage of those killing are gun related compared to other nations, how are all these not related??

Apparently USA has the highest gun related death/homicide rate in the western world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Oh and before you drag Switzerland in all of this, remember that the gun ownership in Switzerland is nowhere near that of USA, much closer to the rest of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

And lastly, who told you New York and LA has the highest crime rate? that is incorrect

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-rates-nationally-and-state#MRord

Homocide rate: NY: 4.5/100000 California: California: 4.9/100000 Compare this to

Louisiana: 11.2/100000 Missoui: 7.0/100000 Mississippi: 7.0/100000 Arizona: 6.4/100000 etc you get the idea.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="Ncsoftlover"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

Wait, I didn't even realize this, you have another wrong claim.

Dallas has a higher murder rate than New York, Los Angeles, overall, Dallas isn't doing too good like you claimed at all:lol:

Homicide rate: New York City: 6.4/100000 Los Angeles : 7.6/100000

Dallas: 11.3/100000 New Orleans: 49.1/100000 St.Louis: 40.5/100000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

and I thought NYC and Los Angeles are supposed to have the highest crime rate? How many wrong claims are you going to make in one thread anyway? And before you claim that homicide rate does not equal gun death, true, but then you know such a great proportion of US homcides are gun related. A significantly higher homicide rate in Dallas is indicative of a higher gun crime rate ( or at least, it's certainly not lower than NYC and LA)

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

Mega lulz, this thread is srs biz!

I live in the US and it suits my personality and tendencies the best. I'm sure England is a dandy country, it would just be like living on a different planet with an inhospitable atmosphere for me.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

hilarious

kingkong0124

I admit we do have our fair share of munters. They tend to found in provincial England, although on the odd occassion they stray into large cities they tend to be culled fairly quickly.

As for which is better, well of course it's the US because you can own a gun. How can a person truly enjoy life if they don't own a gun? Our quailty of life is severley affected to the point of mass depression, as evidenced by our dimished will to brush our teeth.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Not really. The people are much more homogeneous than in the US.LJS9502_basic

Has nothing to do with the size and more to do with the mix dude.

Think about it this way. If you're in a random place in Europe, and you drive a few hundred Kms in any direction, chances are you'll enter a different country where people speak a different language, eat different food, have different habits, etc. How's that for diversity?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#231 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
in general, england = bad teeth usa = empty can galore
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

in general, england = bad teeth usa = empty can galorehippiesanta

England on average has the healthiest teeth in the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Good thread.

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts

As a politcal entity I would go with America because there are still vestiges of freedom left in the country. Culturally, I would go with England because they have produced so much great literature and philosophy and art and are also close to the European continent which has also created so much great culture.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 tenaka2

The U.S. has great geographical diversity and great food service and freedom of speech, but it also has jerry Springer.

England has a long history, less religious nutjobs and gun control, but it also has awful weather.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#236 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]in general, england = bad teeth usa = empty can galoretoast_burner

England maybe, I don't know. But Scottish teeth are rather orcish in my experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#237 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]in general, england = bad teeth usa = empty can galoreStorm_Marine

England maybe, I don't know. But Scottish teeth are rather orcish in my experience.

Or maybe looks are deceiving.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 tenaka2

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]in general, england = bad teeth usa = empty can galoreStorm_Marine

That is from crunching on Buckfast bottles they are not born like that.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#239 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

hilarious

kingkong0124
lol
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Strange question, bearing in mind England fits into USA many, many times.

Andorra vs Russia anybody?

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 kingkong0124

I admit we do have our fair share of munters. They tend to found in provincial England, although on the odd occassion they stray into large cities they tend to be culled fairly quickly.

poptart

if ellie goulding/emma watson are the hottest girls from your country, then it's smh, like it or not bro.

Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts
Canada because Canada
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
As a neutral. England no question.
Reed_Bowie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Reed_Bowie
Member since 2011 • 506 Posts
I mean, as ignorant as Americans tend to be, America has a way more diverse and exciting landscape than the UK does. So I'm gonna go with the US.
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

[QUOTE="poptart"]

kingkong0124

if ellie goulding/emma watson are the hottest girls from your country, then it's smh, like it or not bro.

I don't really care. I don't live there. That being said although we may well be perhaps the worlds ugliest race we can be proud of the gifts we bestowed upon this world, such as the concept of conentration camps and heroin. What did you yanks come up with - a light bulb/globe? Big deal - they're a right useless load of sh!t. I prefer sunlight - it's better and it's cheaper.

les_dawson_150.jpg

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#246 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
So this is a thread about US vs England...But Canadians are making it about them?
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#247 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
So this is a thread about US vs England...But Canadians are making it about them?TheWalkingGhost
canada are basically americans without guns .... and yes, they bow to the queen
MrMr-x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 MrMr-x2
Member since 2012 • 89 Posts
I like meadows and mountains. Everything else is just plastic.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#249 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]So this is a thread about US vs England...But Canadians are making it about them?hippiesanta
canada are basically americans without guns .... and yes, they bow to the queen

That's insulting to Canada.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

There's a thread here today that pretty much clears up the debate.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29302554/british-man-jailed-for-wearing-offensive-t-shirt

So yeah...