USA VS England,which is better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Your country of choice.

Discuss.

#2 Posted by danjammer69 (4116 posts) -

Really man?

Better in what?

#3 Posted by cslayer211 (833 posts) -
USA kicked England's ass in 1775, so USA I guess?
#4 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

USA kicked England's ass in 1775, so USA I guess?cslayer211

Yep, we whupped them

tumblr_lntfjmSnnj1qkdn7eo1_500.jpg

SUCK IT ENGLAND

#5 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

Without English sperm, the US would not have been born. English land wins by default.

Suck on that, 'Muricans.

#6 Posted by wis3boi (31294 posts) -

well, brits cant cook, but they do a lot of other things better :P

#7 Posted by JwresB (212 posts) -

Really man?

Better in what?

danjammer69

Exactly....better in what? Every country is better than someone else in something.

I never understood why people create these idiotic threads. All it turns into is anti- posts.

#9 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5244 posts) -
I'll save you the trouble and answer this and any further threads similar. USA is the worst industrialized nation on the planet.
#10 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5244 posts) -

[QUOTE="danjammer69"]

Really man?

Better in what?

JwresB

Exactly....better in what? Every country is better than someone else in something.

I never understood why people create these idiotic threads. All it turns into is anti- posts.

Health Care? Science? Math? Culture? Economy? Technology? Education? Need I continue?
#11 Posted by johnd13 (8077 posts) -

Since nobody here knows what you mean I would choose England as it is more charming IMO.

#12 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
England,I have friends from there more than the US.
#13 Posted by JwresB (212 posts) -

[QUOTE="JwresB"]

[QUOTE="danjammer69"]

Really man?

Better in what?

TheWalkingGhost

Health Care? Science? Math? Culture? Economy? Technology? Education? Need I continue?

whoa wtf.....So are you referring to the UK or USA? I'm assuming the USA.

I kind of laughed when I saw that you typed technology, science and economy....I know you weren't being serious.

Once again all these stupid threads turn into is Anti-USA(mostly) posts.

#14 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -
Your country of choice.GreekGameManiac
The one I was born in by pot luck.
#15 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -
I would rather go to america than the UK
#16 Posted by seahorse123 (1228 posts) -
Both have good and bad... but in my experiences I will have to say the US
#17 Posted by themajormayor (25758 posts) -
USA by far. UK has really ugly women and bad food.
#18 Posted by Fear- (525 posts) -
USA by far. UK has really ugly women and bad food. themajormayor
You've never been to England or seen what it looks like if your making such dumb comments like that.
#19 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5244 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="JwresB"]

JwresB

I kind of laughed when I saw that you typed technology, science and economy....I know you weren't being serious.

Seriously? Danjammer69 asked better in what and then JwresB agreed. Since neither of them got it, I gave some examples without stating who was better in what. How in the hell did misunderstand this? And you assume the USA? If you saw my other post you would know I think this country is the worst country in the industrialized world. And IMO it is.
#20 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5244 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]USA by far. UK has really ugly women and bad food. Fear-
You've never been to England or seen what it looks like if your making such dumb comments like that.

I am not fond of the British, but really ugly women is a stupid comment. BTW, He is trolling.  This woman is not really ugly. And I can find more.
#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150727 posts) -

Without English sperm, the US would not have been born. English land wins by default.

Suck on that, 'Muricans.

The__Kraken
Hmm......well the two biggest ethnic groups are German and Irish. Suck on that.;)
#22 Posted by iwilson1296 (2214 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="JwresB"]

JwresB

thats the purpose of these threads, these smug foreigners love it

#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150727 posts) -

[QUOTE="JwresB"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]Health Care? Science? Math? Culture? Economy? Technology? Education? Need I continue?iwilson1296

I guess it makes their country better by comparison.....but from what I've read here....none of them have a clue on life in the US. They are wrong 99.99% of the time.:lol:
#24 Posted by iwilson1296 (2214 posts) -

[QUOTE="iwilson1296"]

[QUOTE="JwresB"]

LJS9502_basic

I guess it makes their country better by comparison.....but from what I've read here....none of them have a clue on life in the US. They are wrong 99.99% of the time.:lol:

you got that right

#25 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10157 posts) -

england,but i'd rather to live in the US since it was easier to blend in.

#26 Posted by toast_burner (21522 posts) -

England. The countries are very similar but England is better

#27 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -
One thing I will say is that as an Englishman, I'm ideally placed with regards to American politics. What I mean is, it's a bit like a Victorian freak show: entertaining to watch in morbid fascination from a distance (preferably from across an ocean, just to be safe), but you wouldn't want those f*ckers running the country, you know?
#28 Posted by ThePoliteArtist (240 posts) -

England is just the US with more chavs and less quirkiness.

#29 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -
English Humor is S@i#. and you guys seem to have a costume wearing fetish. Only thing u guys are good at is making a decent curry other than that US all the way
#30 Posted by toast_burner (21522 posts) -

English Humor is S@i#. and you guys seem to have a costume wearing fetish. Only thing u guys are good at is making a decent curry other than that US all the wayAllthishate

British comedy is of much higher quality than the crap that comes from the US.

What do you mean by costume fetish? That's the first I've heard of that.

#31 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allthishate"]English Humor is S@i#. and you guys seem to have a costume wearing fetish. Only thing u guys are good at is making a decent curry other than that US all the waytoast_burner

British comedy is of much higher quality than the crap that comes from the US.

What do you mean by costume fetish? That's the first I've heard of that.

U guys where costumes 24/7 to any sporting event ( ive lived there for 2 years) cricket,Darts,football wearing women clothes bananas some really strange @%@ to say the least. and no sorry Red dwarf is not funny. inbatweeners is garbage, the only decent show u guys had was the office (British version) the rest was dross. and i think Ricky gervais and Russel brand are awful especially that cockny C##t Russel brand.
#32 Posted by tumbIew33d (398 posts) -
They're both equally worse than each other.
#33 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
i will say that hate the fact that everyone in america calls america the greatest country on earth it's pretty damn arrogant
#34 Posted by Allthishate (1876 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]i will say that hate the fact that everyone in america calls america the greatest country on earth it's pretty damn arrogant

We where and might be in the future if we can sort ourselves out. but atm we are not :)
#35 Posted by Storm_Marine (10863 posts) -

Britain's probably the one of the worst western nations....and certainly one of the poorer ones if GDP per capita PPP is anything to go by.

#36 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

The weather in England sucks, I'd rather be in Florida or California or any other of those warmer states. Plus in the U.S its your right to own a gun and guns are pretty fun to shoot. SOOO I pick the U.S.

#37 Posted by toast_burner (21522 posts) -

The weather in England sucks, I'd rather be in Florida or California or any other of those warmer states. Plus in the U.S its your right to own a gun and guns are pretty fun to shoot. SOOO I pick the U.S.

Vickman178

You have the right to own a gun in the UK

#38 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -
USA by far. UK has really ugly women and bad food. themajormayor
no need to rub it in:x
#39 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

USA easily

though our humour is better

#40 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vickman178"]

toast_burner

You have the right to own a gun in the UK

yeah but not like you can in America:P
#41 Posted by villa4europe (7081 posts) -

said it on here so many times, i really dont see where this bad food idea comes from, we have amazing food

as for which is better, its not really a fair comparison, the states is basically a continent and has far more to offer in terms of variance and things to see/do

but for our little island to have such a great standing in the world IMO is a great accomplishment

#42 Posted by villa4europe (7081 posts) -

ThePoliteArtist

and the US is basically england with more fat people, guns and religous nutters

#43 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

For me personally, the US by a large margin though both are great.

#44 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="ThePoliteArtist"]

villa4europe

The US has more everything than England. England has the population of one of our states so to say the US has more negative-xyz is stupid and pointless.

#45 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150727 posts) -

said it on here so many times, i really dont see where this bad food idea comes from, we have amazing food

as for which is better, its not really a fair comparison, the states is basically a continent and has far more to offer in terms of variance and things to see/do

but for our little island to have such a great standing in the world IMO is a great accomplishment

villa4europe
Ugh...sorry but looking at British cuisine makes me lose my appetite.
#46 Posted by Barbariser (6724 posts) -

England has the population of one of our statesPirate700

Wrong.

#47 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150727 posts) -

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]

[QUOTE="ThePoliteArtist"]

Pirate700

The US has more everything than England. England has the population of one of our states so to say the US has more negative-xyz is stupid and pointless.

And to be fair....England has an obesity problem as well.
#48 Posted by Iszdope (9884 posts) -

England. USA has him/her^.

#49 Posted by Chicken453 (2038 posts) -
England! 1: Because western Europe excluding Spain, is a lot less racist then the US, also being able to hop from England, to Belgium, to Denmark, to Italy is amazing. 2: More variety of people and languages, I have friends in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Lithuania just through being able to go to those places so much. 3: Family reasons (personal reason), A big chunk of my family are from Portugal so living in England makes it easy to visit, which can be said for anyone with family in europe.
#50 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150727 posts) -
England! 1: Because western Europe excluding Spain, is a lot less racist then the US, also being able to hop from England, to Belgium, to Denmark, to Italy is amazing. 2: More variety of people and languages, I have friends in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Lithuania just through being able to go to those places so much. 3: Family reasons (personal reason), A big chunk of my family are from Portugal so living in England makes it easy to visit, which can be said for anyone with family in europe. Chicken453
From what I've observed England is more racist than the US. US has more variety in the one country than England does. No travel necessary.