USA VS England,which is better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Chicken453
Member since 2011 • 2038 Posts
[QUOTE="Chicken453"]England! 1: Because western Europe excluding Spain, is a lot less racist then the US, also being able to hop from England, to Belgium, to Denmark, to Italy is amazing. 2: More variety of people and languages, I have friends in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Lithuania just through being able to go to those places so much. 3: Family reasons (personal reason), A big chunk of my family are from Portugal so living in England makes it easy to visit, which can be said for anyone with family in europe. LJS9502_basic
From what I've observed England is more racist than the US. US has more variety in the one country than England does. No travel necessary.

Well you're wrong, by a big big margin. Don't think because you've read a few articles on racism in England that it's a common thing that happens all the time because it's not at all. The reason I said US was more racist because the first time i ever encountered racism was when i was 14 and in America, I honestly never had experience my skin colour as a problem to people in England or any where in the EU.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Chicken453"]England! 1: Because western Europe excluding Spain, is a lot less racist then the US, also being able to hop from England, to Belgium, to Denmark, to Italy is amazing. 2: More variety of people and languages, I have friends in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Lithuania just through being able to go to those places so much. 3: Family reasons (personal reason), A big chunk of my family are from Portugal so living in England makes it easy to visit, which can be said for anyone with family in europe. Chicken453
From what I've observed England is more racist than the US. US has more variety in the one country than England does. No travel necessary.

Well you're wrong, by a big big margin. Don't think because you've read a few articles on racism in England that it's a common thing that happens all the time because it's not at all. The reason I said US was more racist because the first time i ever encountered racism was when i was 14 and in America, I honestly never had experience my skin colour as a problem to people in England or any where in the EU.

BNP I believe it's called....
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]England has the population of one of our statesBarbariser

Wrong.

Sorry, guess my numbers were a bit off. The population of two of our states. CA and Texas combined have as many people than the entire UK.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]

[QUOTE="ThePoliteArtist"]

England is just the US with more chavs and less quirkiness.

Pirate700

and the US is basically england with more fat people, guns and religous nutters

The US has more everything than England. England has the population of one of our states so to say the US has more negative-xyz is stupid and pointless.

pretty much,were literally just the size of a small state
Avatar image for ThePoliteArtist
ThePoliteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ThePoliteArtist
Member since 2012 • 231 Posts

[QUOTE="Chicken453"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] From what I've observed England is more racist than the US. US has more variety in the one country than England does. No travel necessary.LJS9502_basic

No seats in parliament. 1.9% of the votes in the last general election.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]England has the population of one of our statesPirate700

Wrong.

Sorry, guess my numbers were a bit off. The population of two of our states. CA and Texas combined have as many people than the entire UK.

If you wanted to make your point, all you'd have to do is say "There are five Americans for every Brit". "Two U.S. states have the same population as the U.K." sounds very impressive until you remember that these are by far the most populous states in the U.S.A. and so the statement becomes utterly meaningless.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts
USA kicked England's ass in 1775, so USA I guess?cslayer211
But back then you weren't the USA, you were a part of Britain.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]

said it on here so many times, i really dont see where this bad food idea comes from, we have amazing food

as for which is better, its not really a fair comparison, the states is basically a continent and has far more to offer in terms of variance and things to see/do

but for our little island to have such a great standing in the world IMO is a great accomplishment

LJS9502_basic

Ugh...sorry but looking at British cuisine makes me lose my appetite.

So you wouldnt want to eat this?:P

lg-cottage-pie.jpg

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mozelleple112

The only real war between The British Empire (GB back then) and the United States, the Brits ending up burning down your capital city and the white house

whitehouse-1-784.jpeg

Thus, we came to your country, burnt your rulers house and tore your military to pieces.

Britain: 1

USA: 0

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sexyweapons
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Chicken453"]England! 1: Because western Europe excluding Spain, is a lot less racist then the US, also being able to hop from England, to Belgium, to Denmark, to Italy is amazing. 2: More variety of people and languages, I have friends in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Portugal, Lithuania just through being able to go to those places so much. 3: Family reasons (personal reason), A big chunk of my family are from Portugal so living in England makes it easy to visit, which can be said for anyone with family in europe. Chicken453

it depends on your skin colour and where you live. Also,ever heard of the EDL and BNP?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Pirate700

Classic British country food is pretty good. The rest looks disgusting.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Honestly it depends what you like. For scenery america is by far the better place, when I went on a travel/holiday, some of the sites you guys have are just crazy good. However the poverty (specially in san fransico) was horrible, like literally its depressing that you have such a wealthy powerful country and there are people dead on the streets (most extreme case I saw).

However I think if you are succesful, then America is the place to be, there seems to be a more welcoming persona from americans. Everyone likes to help out, the weather (again I guess for the californian area) is vastly better, there are more things to do and see.

The only problem is that I think in america you can become quite detached to the outside world. Maybe thats because I am used to england and its so much smaller in everything, but like when I went on a trip to yosemeite national park (sorry if I spelt that wrong), there were just random houses in the middle of nowhere. There are isolateed towns where it would appear impossible to escape from.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Pirate700
Sorry I had some "american" food and it literally looked like someone had threw up on the plate. Also america has famously horrible chocolate.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mozelleple112

Britain's probably the one of the worst western nations....and certainly one of the poorer ones if GDP per capita PPP is anything to go by.

Storm_Marine
UK is one of the richest western nations and GDP per capita PPP is nothing to go by.
Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Chicken453
[QUOTE="sexyweapons"][QUOTE="Chicken453"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] From what I've observed England is more racist than the US. US has more variety in the one country than England does. No travel necessary.

it depends on your skin colour and where you live. Also,ever heard of the EDL and BNP?

Yea, I've got some friend who support the BNP but not all of them are as racist as some may think. Never heard of EDL tho.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pirate700

Honestly it depends what you like. For scenery america is by far the better place, when I went on a travel/holiday, some of the sites you guys have are just crazy good. However the poverty (specially in san fransico) was horrible, like literally its depressing that you have such a wealthy powerful country and there are people dead on the streets (most extreme case I saw).

However I think if you are succesful, then America is the place to be, there seems to be a more welcoming persona from americans. Everyone likes to help out, the weather (again I guess for the californian area) is vastly better, there are more things to do and see.

The only problem is that I think in america you can become quite detached to the outside world. Maybe thats because I am used to england and its so much smaller in everything, but like when I went on a trip to yosemeite national park (sorry if I spelt that wrong), there were just random houses in the middle of nowhere. There are isolateed towns where it would appear impossible to escape from.

o0squishy0o

I highly doubt you saw someone dead on the streets...

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

o0squishy0o

Sorry I had some "american" food and it literally looked like someone had threw up on the plate. Also america has famously horrible chocolate.

You thought you saw someone dead on the streets so I take what you see with a grain of salt.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

USA or England eh... Mmmm... Neither!

SCOTLAND ALL THE WAY! :cool:

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 sexyweapons
[QUOTE="Chicken453"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"][QUOTE="Chicken453"] Well you're wrong, by a big big margin. Don't think because you've read a few articles on racism in England that it's a common thing that happens all the time because it's not at all. The reason I said US was more racist because the first time i ever encountered racism was when i was 14 and in America, I honestly never had experience my skin colour as a problem to people in England or any where in the EU.

Yea, I've got some friend who support the BNP but not all of them are as racist as some may think. Never heard of EDL tho.

The EDL stands for the English Defence League,they are basically a bunch of old white men with no teeth.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mozelleple112

To answer TC's question completely unbiased, I would say both the US and UK make a great argument, here's the comparison:

In terms of sports performance, military power, science & technology, business, Forbes 2000 companies, amount of billionaires, amount of millionaires, air force, GDP, finance, standard of living, purchasing power, exports, imports, and pretty much every other factor.

in the "modern era" say the 90s until 2012 the USA wins and is the greatest country in the world right now, with the UK in second, and Japan / Germany behind them.

If we look at it from histrorical terms, especially the century dedicated to Britain; the 1800s post-Napoleon and pre- German revolution the British Empire stood once behind around 50% of the world's production and their naval fleet was so vast and powerful their military force was estimated to be equal to up to 70% of the rest of the worlds, or around 2 USA's today.

I'd say the greatest civilizations of all time are:

1. the British (modern day Britain; peak = victorian era British Empire)

2. the Romans (modern day Italy; peak = Roman Empire during first few centuries post A.D.)

3. the French (modern day France; peak = Second French Empire)

Nominees: The Chinese civilization that's been great for thousands of years, the ancient greeks who dominated before the Romans came, The Spanish who once had a vast empire almost as big as Britain's, and the Germans and Americans.

So historically, due to hundreds of years of military dominance, economic dominance, the world's largest empire, putting down large empires (like netherlands) the most succesful military history, a role model in politics, the greatest literature of all time, the greatest revolution in human history, the industrial revolution thanks partly to two different British inventions; Spinny Jenny and the steam engine. Before that Britain was equal to around 2% of the world's production, 100 years later they were behind 50% of it!, a single "tiny nation". That also led to one of the reasons why Britain could have a military so powerful it could take on the rest of the world and win.

TL;DR:

now = USA

all time = Britain

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Why must one be better than the other?

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

USA is a dumbed down version of England.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pirate700

cfstar

How is that?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Chicken453"] Well you're wrong, by a big big margin. Don't think because you've read a few articles on racism in England that it's a common thing that happens all the time because it's not at all. The reason I said US was more racist because the first time i ever encountered racism was when i was 14 and in America, I honestly never had experience my skin colour as a problem to people in England or any where in the EU.ThePoliteArtist

And? It exists and there is some support for it......
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

[QUOTE="cfstar"]

Pirate700

How is that?

I was being facetious.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

o0squishy0o

US is a mix of various cultures dude....try again.
Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Chicken453
[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

LJS9502_basic

you could say that about most countries, like Britian, Singapore, Malaysia.etc... he's just pointing to the most obvious one.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Chicken453"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="o0squishy0o"] Sorry I had some "american" food and it literally looked like someone had threw up on the plate. Also america has famously horrible chocolate.

you could say that about most countries, like Britian, Singapore, Malaysia.etc... he's just pointing to the most obvious one.

Very few countries are as mixed as the US.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="ThePoliteArtist"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] BNP I believe it's called....LJS9502_basic

I think you misunderstand what the word "common" means.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="ThePoliteArtist"]

toast_burner

The discussion was that England isn't racist. Apparently it is. And that you cannot deny.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Not UK, but anywhere near UK I'll take it..
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I guess the US by a bit. Only thing England has over it is history and culture. Would never want to live in either, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And? It exists and there is some support for it......LJS9502_basic

The discussion was that England isn't racist. Apparently it is. And that you cannot deny.

A very small minority represents the entire country?

If the question was "is there racism in England" then you would be correct.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

toast_burner

And in the US racism is a small minority. Definitely not being promoted by political parties.
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

music wise, england wins

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LJS9502_basic

music wise, england wins

TheFlush
Has to be a tie. Much of the music of England was influenced by the US for instance. See rock which sprang from blues.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

music wise, england wins

LJS9502_basic

Has to be a tie. Much of the music of England was influenced by the US for instance. See rock which sprang from blues.

Depend on what genre of music you like.

Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Chicken453
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] The discussion was that England isn't racist. Apparently it is. And that you cannot deny.LJS9502_basic

And in the US racism is a small minority. Definitely not being promoted by political parties.

LJS Why are you arguing when you are clearly wrong. Stop changing the debate around, I said the first place I experienced racism was in the US, i haven't said anything about UK not being racist because racism exists everywhere however small. You know nothing about the subject of racism in the UK other then what you have read on the internet. I was just putting out my experiences of living, let me emphasis on the word LIVING in both the US and UK.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]A very small minority represents the entire country?

Chicken453

LJS Why are you arguing when you are clearly wrong. Stop changing the debate around, I said the first place I experienced racism was in the US, i haven't said anything about UK not being racist because racism exists everywhere however small. You know nothing about the subject of racism in the UK other then what you have read on the internet. I was just putting out my experiences of living, let me emphasis on the word LIVING in both the US and UK.

And I responded to the point about England being less racist. Your anecdotal evidence is not proof of anything. At no time did I say the US was racism free....but we don't have political parties using racism as a platform. Period. And government having that for a political ideology should make you cringe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="Chicken453"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And in the US racism is a small minority. Definitely not being promoted by political parties.LJS9502_basic

And I responded to the point about England being less racist. Your anecdotal evidence is not proof of anything. At no time did I say the US was racism free....but we don't have political parties using racism as a platform. Period. And government having that for a political ideology should make you cringe.

The BNP are pretty much the Westboro baptist church of England. They are hated by everyone but their own members.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Chicken453"] LJS Why are you arguing when you are clearly wrong. Stop changing the debate around, I said the first place I experienced racism was in the US, i haven't said anything about UK not being racist because racism exists everywhere however small. You know nothing about the subject of racism in the UK other then what you have read on the internet. I was just putting out my experiences of living, let me emphasis on the word LIVING in both the US and UK.toast_burner

The BNP are pretty much the Westboro baptist church of England. They are hated by everyone but their own members.

The difference being the WBC have zero political credibility.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And I responded to the point about England being less racist. Your anecdotal evidence is not proof of anything. At no time did I say the US was racism free....but we don't have political parties using racism as a platform. Period. And government having that for a political ideology should make you cringe.LJS9502_basic

Neither do the BNP. They have no seats and no power.

Even the monster raving looney party have more credibility than them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]The BNP are pretty much the Westboro baptist church of England. They are hated by everyone but their own members.

toast_burner

Neither do the BNP. They have no seats and no power.

Even the monster raving looney party have more credibility than them.

Don't they have or did have two seats?
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

[QUOTE="cslayer211"]USA kicked England's ass in 1775, so USA I guess?SPYDER0416

Yep, we whupped them

tumblr_lntfjmSnnj1qkdn7eo1_500.jpg

SUCK IT ENGLAND

you mean United States of France, cuz France pretty much won the war for you guys. Even my history profesors have admitted that.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#96 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41560 Posts
Can't really decide as I lived in America for 19 years and 2 in the UK (still there).
DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DharmaMember77
Member since 2010 • 2377 Posts

music wise, england wins

TheFlush

British pop music is AlOT worse than American pop music

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

music wise, england wins

DharmaMember77

British pop music is AlOT worse than American pop music

There's more than just pop music.

champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts
@iszdope Hmm... This gives me an idea...