The Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

You guys do realized that TWICE during the episode they referenced the fact that the group believes Carol to be dead.

-When Carl goes on rambling potential baby names, he keeps mentioning all the women who have died and says Carol's name during this, showing they assumed she had died.

-There were 3, not 2 graves dug. One for Lori, one for T-Dog, and one for Carol. It was Carol's grave that Daryl put the flower on. That flower was a Cherokee Rose which he had given to Carol back in season 2.

Don't forget that in episode 4 after the chaos, when they found T-Dog's body they found Carols headwrap thing which has brought they group to believe she died.

I suppose the group could act like they cared more about her "death" but they did at least acknowlege her.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is I am pretty sure Carol actually ISN'T dead, but I have no idea why the hell she hasn't returened yet....

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#452 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

You guys do realized that TWICE during the episode they referenced the fact that the group believes Carol to be dead.

-When Carl goes on rambling potential baby names, he keeps mentioning all the women who have died and says Carol's name during this, showing they assumed she had died.

-There were 3, not 2 graves dug. One for Lori, one for T-Dog, and one for Carol. It was Carol's grave that Daryl put the flower on. That flower was a Cherokee Rose which he had given to Carol back in season 2.

Don't forget that in episode 4 after the chaos, when they found T-Dog's body they found Carols headwrap thing which has brought they group to believe she died.

I suppose the group could act like they cared more about her "death" but they did at least acknowlege her.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is I am pretty sure Carol actually ISN'T dead, but I have no idea why the hell she hasn't returened yet....

LostProphetFLCL

Yeah it's annoying. There was no body yet they just assumed she was dead. I guess the creators of the show didn't want another "Lets look for this unimportant and uninteresting character" episode.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

leviathan91

Yeah it's annoying. There was no body yet they just assumed she was dead. I guess the creators of the show didn't want another "Lets look for this unimportant and uninteresting character" episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were afraid to go that route again with all the hate surrounding the whole "Sophia is missing" fiasco...

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 leviathan91

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

LostProphetFLCL

I wouldn't be surprised if they were afraid to go that route again with all the hate surrounding the whole "Sophia is missing" fiasco...

I don't think it would be a huge issue as long as the next episode resolves what happens to Carol, as well as being action-packed and full of surprises. Question is, will it follow the comic book route or keep her alive?

She has lost a lot but I don't see her going the comic book route. It would have made sense in Season 2 but now, it just wouldn't.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

leviathan91

I don't think it would be a huge issue as long as the next episode resolves what happens to Carol, as well as being action-packed and full of surprises. Question is, will it follow the comic book route or keep her alive?

She has lost a lot but I don't see her going the comic book route. It would have made sense in Season 2 but now, it just wouldn't.

IDK, the whole T-Dog situation could have pushed her over the edge. He died right in front of her FOR her. That is alot for someone to take.

This whole weird disappearance thing makes me think that she will go her comic book route a bit actually, granted there will be a difference with how different the story between the comic and show are at this point....

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
Im thinking Carol found Lori and dragged her away to a safe place, stitched her up, and are laying low until the chaos is under control or it's safe to venture around again. In the previous episodes Carol is seen practicing cutting and sewing on a corpse, there are no signs of either women being dead or alive, and Rick didnt find Loris body. Carl also never confirmed that he shot Lori; I doubt he really shot his mother. I suspect they are hiding somewhere healing their mental and physical wounds.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"][spoiler] Carol's actor already confirmed she was killed off. [/spoiler]

The reason her body was gone was because the zombie ate her...the one with the big gut that Rick cut into.

edgewalker16

You sure you're not confusing Carol and Lori? The fat zombie ate the remains of Lori. Carol is still missing.

I don't think that's right... The fat zombie didn't eat Lori--Rick would've seen Lori's half-consumed body on the floor. The fat zombie isn't Lori, either, because zombie Lori would have a giant gash in her stomach. In any case, I thought the latest episode was only so-so...I do have high hopes for the one next weekend, though. My prediction is that Mishone will come back to the town right as everything is going to hell and eventually, somehow, become part of Andrea and Merle's group. It's just a guess though, I haven't read any of the graphic novels. (obviously)

On the Talking Dead. The producers said the zombie was bloated because it had consumed Lori. They also said if you pay attention you can see Lori's hair on his hands and mouth.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Loved when Rick went on the axe rampage.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#462 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

What the hell was with that fighting arena scene at the end? Some odd kind of comic relief? It felt so out of place.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#463 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts

What the hell was with that fighting arena scene at the end? Some odd kind of comic relief? It felt so out of place.

Tigerman950
Straight from the comics.
edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#464 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"][QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]You sure you're not confusing Carol and Lori? The fat zombie ate the remains of Lori. Carol is still missing.

CommanderShiro

I don't think that's right... The fat zombie didn't eat Lori--Rick would've seen Lori's half-consumed body on the floor. The fat zombie isn't Lori, either, because zombie Lori would have a giant gash in her stomach. In any case, I thought the latest episode was only so-so...I do have high hopes for the one next weekend, though. My prediction is that Mishone will come back to the town right as everything is going to hell and eventually, somehow, become part of Andrea and Merle's group. It's just a guess though, I haven't read any of the graphic novels. (obviously)

On the Talking Dead. The producers said the zombie was bloated because it had consumed Lori. They also said if you pay attention you can see Lori's hair on his hands and mouth.

I've always wanted to watch that after each episode. Meh, I watch TWD with my girlfriend and she finds the talk-show to be boring so we skip it.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]

[QUOTE="edgewalker16"] I don't think that's right... The fat zombie didn't eat Lori--Rick would've seen Lori's half-consumed body on the floor. The fat zombie isn't Lori, either, because zombie Lori would have a giant gash in her stomach. In any case, I thought the latest episode was only so-so...I do have high hopes for the one next weekend, though. My prediction is that Mishone will come back to the town right as everything is going to hell and eventually, somehow, become part of Andrea and Merle's group. It's just a guess though, I haven't read any of the graphic novels. (obviously)edgewalker16

I've always wanted to watch that after each episode. Meh, I watch TWD with my girlfriend and she finds the talk-show to be boring so we skip it.

I can see how she sees it as boring. Its generally hit or miss.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#466 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
I cant believe people still think Lori is alive...
jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#467 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts

This Governor character is quite interesting. What are his motives?!

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#468 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

This Governor character is quite interesting. What are his motives?!

jus2nyce
The same ones seen throughout history with rulers. The desire for power, fame, and wealth topped off with a bit of insanity.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

LostProphetFLCL

I believe there also was a scene where they were all talking, and Glen (IIRC) said something like, "Damn, we've lost 3 of our party in one day". I'm not caring for how they're killing off some of the characters. Lori I'm OK with. I don't understand the dislike for her....she wasn't THAT bad. Not the wife of my choosing, but hey, there was an reasonable explanation for her departure and some closure with Carl that helped develop his character further.

T-dog was irrelevant up until this point. I honestly don't even know why he was on the show. The only thing I really remember of him was him hurting his hand and it getting infected in one of the early episodes. Then he sacrifices himself on two slow moving walkers that could've easily been killed (I assume at least ONE of the three had a knife or weapon). He seemed to be killed off just to get rid of him.

Carol. Ugh. That they'd not show her death (maybe she's still alive, but as you said all indications lean towards the opposite) is stupid. There was something starting to develop between her and Daryl and it sucks to have that plotline eliminated. It seems like a lot of these characters are getting eaten for the sake of walker breakfast just when the history from all the past shows is starting to show more potential. All these plot lines that start are cut short before they have time to fully develop.

Love the show, but the way mostly all of the characters have gone sucks.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 LostProphetFLCL

MirkoS77

I believe there also was a scene where they were all talking, and Glen (IIRC) said something like, "Damn, we've lost 3 of our party in one day". I'm not caring for how they're killing off some of the characters. Lori I'm OK with. I don't understand the dislike for her....she wasn't THAT bad. Not the wife of my choosing, but hey, there was an reasonable explanation for her departure and some closure with Carl that helped develop his character further.

T-dog was irrelevant up until this point. I honestly don't even know why he was on the show. The only thing I really remember of him was him hurting his hand and it getting infected in one of the early episodes. Then he sacrifices himself on two slow moving walkers that could've easily been killed (I assume at least ONE of the three had a knife or weapon). He seemed to be killed off just to get rid of him.

Carol. Ugh. That they'd not show her death (maybe she's still alive, but as you said all indications lean towards the opposite) is stupid. There was something starting to develop between her and Daryl and it sucks to have that plotline eliminated. It seems like a lot of these characters are getting eaten for the sake of walker breakfast just when the history from all the past shows is starting to show more potential. All these plot lines that start are cut short before they have time to fully develop.

Love the show, but the way mostly all of the characters have gone sucks.

Ah you mis-understood me. I was referring in my post to how the characters had all recognized that they thought Carol was dead, as someone had complained that none of them were even mentioning Carol at all and that she was just gone.

Truthfully, I am thinking Carol is still alive. They showed her running out that door and in the preview of next weeks episode they showed Daryl saying "that's Carols knife. How'd it get there?" or something of that nature.

I really cannot fathom WHY she hasn't returend to the group, but I think she is still alive.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#471 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I cant believe people still think Lori is alive...bobcheeseball
People love her. :cry:
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 MirkoS77

Ah you mis-understood me. I was referring in my post to how the characters had all recognized that they thought Carol was dead, as someone had complained that none of them were even mentioning Carol at all and that she was just gone.

Truthfully, I am thinking Carol is still alive. They showed her running out that door and in the preview of next weeks episode they showed Daryl saying "that's Carols knife. How'd it get there?" or something of that nature.

I really cannot fathom WHY she hasn't returend to the group, but I think she is still alive.

LostProphetFLCL

I hope so, I really want to see if she and Daryl hookup. Probably not, but it'd be interesting to see where that'd lead.

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 bnarmz
Carol and Daryl? idk about that.^^ She seems a bit too old for him. meh, I'll probably wont be suprise if he does tap that. On the other hand, It looks like the governor and sugartats will be bumping and grinding real soon.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#474 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Carol and Daryl? idk about that.^^ She seems a bit too old for him. meh, I'll probably wont be suprise if he does tap that. On the other hand, It looks like the governor and sugartats will be bumping and grinding real soon. bnarmz
lol I sure hope not.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Why's everybody so sad in this show? dang it
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 MirkoS77

Carol and Daryl? idk about that.^^ She seems a bit too old for him. meh, I'll probably wont be suprise if he does tap that. On the other hand, It looks like the governor and sugartats will be bumping and grinding real soon. bnarmz

Nothing like a little MILF action to spice things up a bit.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

I;m not sure how I feel about this episode. Though that last part with Daryl and Carol was sweet.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

amazing episode.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 leviathan91

I;m not sure how I feel about this episode. Though that last part with Daryl and Carol was sweet.

TrapJak

Andrea/Governor relationship made me cringe. Other than that, good episode.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

TrapJak

The michonne parts were cool, but other than that, yeah. I thought the asian guy on the govs side would last a bit longer than that. He got a pretty hefty amount of screen time, but got cut down just like that.

As for andrea, after I saw the preview of andrea giving gov some of them lips, I threw my hands up & said to hell with her. I kinda hope she goes a different route & gets killed by michonne now.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Was the guy on the phone Shane?

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

PhazonBlazer

it sounded like T-Dog to me.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Cheleman

It would have been cool if it was Shane like insulting him over what happened to Lori.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
So I'm a little confused on the whole phone thing, I walked in halfway through the episode. [spoiler] is it just a representation of Rick breaking down mentally, or is someone actually on the phone. I didn't get to hear the whole conversation. and is this something from the comics? [/spoiler]
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 mccoyca112

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

It would have been cool if it was Shane like insulting him over what happened to Lori.

Don't rule it out. From what talking dead said, Sarah callies just made a call. If bernthal chips in, that'd be awesome. Personally to me, the guy sounded like morgan.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
[QUOTE="LZ71"]So I'm a little confused on the whole phone thing, I walked in halfway through the episode. [spoiler] is it just a representation of Rick breaking down mentally, or is someone actually on the phone. I didn't get to hear the whole conversation. and is this something from the comics? [/spoiler]

[spoiler] rick breaking down mentally and yes it was in the comics [/spoiler]
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="LZ71"]So I'm a little confused on the whole phone thing, I walked in halfway through the episode. [spoiler] is it just a representation of Rick breaking down mentally, or is someone actually on the phone. I didn't get to hear the whole conversation. and is this something from the comics? [/spoiler]

Thanks, that's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

The clash seems to be becoming more and more imminent. Michonne will inform the group about what happened to Glen and Maggie. We'll see if Rick trusts her and welcomes here in. Not sure how Andrea's story is going to play out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#489 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="LZ71"]So I'm a little confused on the whole phone thing, I walked in halfway through the episode. [spoiler] is it just a representation of Rick breaking down mentally, or is someone actually on the phone. I didn't get to hear the whole conversation. and is this something from the comics? [/spoiler]

YOu are both wrong. It was Verizon messing with Rick because he was late on a bill.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 LostProphetFLCL

So who called it that Carol was alive! :P

Anyways, another fantastic episode! I seriously cannot believe how much better this show has gotten this season! I have never seen such a HUGE jump in quality between seasons in a show before, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed season 2.

I do have to say, I find Michonne's randomly showing up at the prison a bit ridiculous though....

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
[QUOTE="LZ71"]So I'm a little confused on the whole phone thing, I walked in halfway through the episode. [spoiler] is it just a representation of Rick breaking down mentally, or is someone actually on the phone. I didn't get to hear the whole conversation. and is this something from the comics? [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Most definitely a breaking down of his mind and at the very least a contemplation of suicide With him wanting to go where the dead people were because they were 'safe' and the questions about how many people he killed and how his wife died and feeling how he was probably to blame all point to how his conscience felt and was probably an introspective on wondering if he would go to hell if he died. I really do think he knew who he was talking to though, even if he was confused. [/spoiler]
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 MirkoS77

Daryl and Carol, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, then comes marriage......

Yea, I'm glad she's back. Hopefully something will develop between her and Daryl. Andrea and Patrick getting together was predictable from the first time they met so it's no surprise. I'm curious about something: was Merle set out to kill Michonne on orders from the Governer? If Andrea left would they both have been hunted? Kind of dumb question but I want to make sure...

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 mccoyca112

Daryl and Carol, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, then comes marriage......

Yea, I'm glad she's back. Hopefully something will develop between her and Daryl. Andrea and Patrick getting together was predictable from the first time they met so it's no surprise. I'm curious about something: was Merle set out to kill Michonne on orders from the Governer? If Andrea left would they both have been hunted? Kind of dumb question but I want to make sure...

MirkoS77

Well yeah. When merle came back, the gov wanted to know the status on if he had michonnes head. Not to mention, people only go out of the city on the govs orders/permission. About andrea, and if she would be hunted as well...I'd assume so since the gov's charm is skin deep, but it didn't happen that way so who knows.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

mccoyca112

Well yeah. When merle came back, the gov wanted to know the status on if he had michonnes head. Not to mention, people only go out of the city on the govs orders/permission. About andrea, and if she would be hunted as well...I'd assume so since the gov's charm is skin deep, but it didn't happen that way so who knows.

Well that's the thing: both Michonne and Andrea had the Gov's permission to leave from the very moment they arrived. Unless he was lying, which I don't see a point why he would. If he wanted to keep the location of his community secret, he could've not given them the option to leave at all instead of tricking them into going and then sending out Merle to eliminate them.

I have a feeling the Gov. put a hit on Michonne as she suspected what was going on, had held a blade to his throat, and rejected his offer of employment. She was a liability. Andrea probably would've been left alone, unless he wanted to keep his location a secret....which as I mentioned, he could've detained them with force if he so desired.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Great episode. This season is top notch on all levels. Hopefully Merle get's what's coming to him and Andrea as well. I can't stand her.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 leviathan91

Anyways, another fantastic episode! I seriously cannot believe how much better this show has gotten this season! I have never seen such a HUGE jump in quality between seasons in a show before, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed season 2.

I do have to say, I find Michonne's randomly showing up at the prison a bit ridiculous though....

LostProphetFLCL

High five on the Carol part!

I wonder how Michonne figured where they were.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Great episode...but is anyone else starting to grow weary of crazy-Rick? He's gone from awesome to annoying.

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 bnarmz
[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

High five on the Carol part!

I wonder how Michonne figured where they were.

Michonne overheard Glen and Maggie talking about the prison before Meryle kidnapped them.
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 bnarmz

Great episode...but is anyone else starting to grow weary of crazy-Rick? He's gone from awesome to annoying.

Pirate700
true, but tbh, I just want the show to get back to the survival horror feel it had in the last 2 seasons. I don't find Woodbury and it's fake Elvis Presley(the gov) interesting at all. Its starting to turn into a soap opera, a bit too much human drama and not enough zombie/walking dead drama.
Fable_w8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 Fable_w8ter
Member since 2004 • 685 Posts
pRick has been annoying the last few episodes but he seems to have finally snapped out of it now after rejoining the group and holding his daughter. As for michonne, she could have followed the walkers to the prison since they seem to be drawn to it. It's a long shot but that's my guess right now, she doesn't have too many options with the shape she's in at the end of the episode.