Schoolgirl is 'trolled to death' at ask.fm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

people take things waayy too seriously.

i kinda dont really feel any sadness with stories like these anymore.

oh noes, an anonomous person was mean to me on the internet! i have nothing left to live for now!

ChelGirl86

14-year-old girls can be really insecure and sensitive. I agree people need to get a thicker skin as our world becomes more social, but shrugging it off isn't the answer.

there really is no answer.

if the parents arent there to talk to their child or monitor what she is doing on the web, then there really isnt anything that can be done.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts
- sticks and stones may break your bones but words can really kill you -
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

I don't know if this is real or not given that it's the daily mail we discussing, but it's sad to me that there are so many here that couldn't care less about death of a young girl.......I'm not sure I like this place as much as I used too.

Nibroc420
It's a terrible thing. But that doesn't mean we should be blaming people for being mean on the internet. This girl wanted to kill herself, she had tried before, her parents weren't doing much, they weren't watching her. If they were, would they really have let her drink bleach and kill herself?

I do blame them for being pieces of $hit. They were acting like pieces of $hit, and that's nobody's fault but their own. They're obviously not at fault for the girl's death, of course. But they WERE acting like pieces of $hit, and I don't like how people are so dismissive of that just because they didn't outright kill the girl.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
i dont know what ask.fm is
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="Jimn_tonic"]

This is why parents need to moniter their kids on the internet.

Backtrace dat shit! (<--how NOT to do it)

Gaming-Planet
Father of the decade.

he will for ever be legendary for creating the memes: "You dun goof'd" "Call the cyber police" and "The consequences will never be the same!"
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts
i had one of those and the only thing people asked me is if i sold weed wtfVanHelsingBoA64
:lol:
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

This one time, I was on a website, and like, this guy said "Hey BPoole, ur a fckin idoit! Go kill ursefl!!!"

So you know what I did?

I didn't kill myself.

TomsMindBlown.gif

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

I don't know if this is real or not given that it's the daily mail we discussing, but it's sad to me that there are so many here that couldn't care less about death of a young girl.......I'm not sure I like this place as much as I used too.

MrGeezer
It's a terrible thing. But that doesn't mean we should be blaming people for being mean on the internet. This girl wanted to kill herself, she had tried before, her parents weren't doing much, they weren't watching her. If they were, would they really have let her drink bleach and kill herself?

I do blame them for being pieces of $hit. They were acting like pieces of $hit, and that's nobody's fault but their own. They're obviously not at fault for the girl's death, of course. But they WERE acting like pieces of $hit, and I don't like how people are so dismissive of that just because they didn't outright kill the girl.

While yes, they were less than ideal citizens, i'm simply saying that SHE chose to go back to that site. There are certain sites on the internet i know of, yet choose avoid, because i know what is there. If you're going to a website, and you see/hear things you dont like, or the site is full of little ****s harassing you, you're not obligated in any way to return to that website.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Wolfetan

This one time, I was on a website, and like, this guy said "Hey BPoole, ur a fckin idoit! Go kill ursefl!!!"

So you know what I did?

I didn't kill myself.

TomsMindBlown.gif

BPoole96
Dude, how did you do that? You just blocked that out of your head? How did you not care??
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

So you know what I did?

I didn't kill myself.

TomsMindBlown.gif

BPoole96
This one time, a friend sent me a link to a website. I clicked it, didn't really enjoy the contents of the site. Never planning on going there again. Did this girl like being bullied?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BPoole96
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

So you know what I did?

I didn't kill myself.

TomsMindBlown.gif

Nengo_Flow
you should get on that tho...

You're suggesting that I kill myself?
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

So you know what I did?

I didn't kill myself.

TomsMindBlown.gif

BPoole96

im just joking, i dont have any problems with you. I know there are people here that dont like you, but IDK
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Wolfetan
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

So you know what I did?

I didn't kill myself.

TomsMindBlown.gif

BPoole96

You better do it, man. An anonymous person said it to you, you should care about his opinion.
firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

when signing up to askfm it's pretty obvious there's the opportunity for people to send anonymous messages and if you're already being bullied/depressed it makes absolutely no sense to open another door to making you feel worse. These aren't random people that she doesn't know, it is most likely facebook 'friends' that have gone on her ask account (it links/shares with facebook) and posted stuff, this means she knew there was much potential for abuse. I don't know why someone who clearly already has problems would sign up to something like that - approval seeking maybe? Sure it's not her fault but she didn't exactly help herself. I have no idea how people take stuff like this so seriously either, it wasn't even messages that personally attacked her looks or personality, just generic 'kill yourself' bs... not to mention she had a boyfriend so I assume this means she wasn't a social outcast either. us teens overall seem to be pretty dumb on the internet. (sort of felt bad writing this, but i see too many stupid vulnurable and sometimes attention seeking girls getting ask fm and sharing it all over facebook for the people that don't like them to see and abuse them on - not to say it justifies the abuse)

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 BPoole96
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] you should get on that tho...

im just joking, i dont have any problems with you. I know there are people here that dont like you, but IDK

I'm not aware of anyone on this site that doesn't like me.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] you should get on that tho...Wolfetan

You better do it, man. An anonymous person said it to you, you should care about his opinion.

About to rush to the hardware store to buy rope and razer blades. It's been real man, but I can't go on living with strangers on the internet wanting me dead.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#68 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

But bleach is good for you.

Besides bleach is mostly water and we're mostly water, therefore we're bleach.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

wow, it takes a whole 2 seconds to block somebody on facebook or other social media. i have no pity for these people that cant take life and kill themselves

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Wolfetan

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] You're suggesting that I kill myself?BPoole96

About to rush to the hardware store to buy rope and razer blades. It's been real man, but I can't go on living with strangers on the internet wanting me dead.

I don't blame you. I don't know how I would deal with it if I were you. Probably kill myself also.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Honestly the Internet can be a dangerous place for mentally or emotionally unstable people, a category that most people under the age of 18 strongly fall into. Its just how it is, its impossible to make all these sites troll and abuse free.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] You're suggesting that I kill myself?

hmmm... a couple days ago I remember seeing someone mentioning your name with something negative to say about you and another guy agreeing with him. IDK bro...
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] im just joking, i dont have any problems with you. I know there are people here that dont like you, but IDK Nengo_Flow

hmmm... a couple days ago I remember seeing someone mentioning your name with something negative to say about you and another guy agreeing with him. IDK bro...

was probably a buttmad lem/sheep

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Nengo_Flow

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] I'm not aware of anyone on this site that doesn't like me.heeweesRus

no i think it was here in OT
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

LEAVE BPoole96 ALONE!!!:cry:

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BPoole96
[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] hmmm... a couple days ago I remember seeing someone mentioning your name with something negative to say about you and another guy agreeing with him. IDK bro...Nengo_Flow

no i think it was here in OT

I rarely post in OT. Maybe it was someone else?
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
Online bullying is still bullying. Dailymail or no, it still occurs.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

OP seriously, stop reading the Daily Mail. It's a rag. And if you insist on doing it, stop sharing every story you read on here. Please. Srs.

EDIT: Damn, **** you OP for making me click that god damned link and read that god damned crap and inevitably succumb to rage. Every time I read that god damned publication. Every. Damned. Time.

"She just wanted the abuse to stop, but they wouldn't leave her alone."

LOG OFF OF THE DAMNED WEBSITE

"She stood up to the bullies but they kept coming back."

LOG OFF OF THE DAMNED WEBSITE.

That and she seemed to use the site exclusively to post emo signs and pictures of her self-harming and threatening to kill herself and calling herself ugly. Yes people are jerks on the internet but when you provoke the ire of random idiots on the internet, you're going to get the worst they have to offer. Hell, her attention-seeking personality went right through to the end - 'wouldn't you feel bad if I really did commit suicide?' she says to her 'tormentors'. Yes, even in death she's doing it just to make someone else feel bad.

And what do her parents do immediately after her tragic death? Why, TAKE TO FACEBOOK TO PUBLICISE IT OF COURSE!

**** this sh11ty earth.  

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I still wonder why people take things so seriously on the internet, and why parents give their children a computer with internet access and fvck off.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Why is ask.fm a thing?
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

So what?

The girl obviously had problems. Thousands of people every day are "bullied" on the internet and never kill themselves. Kids are made fun of, pushed around, and treated like shit by other kids face to face everyday but they dont all run home after school and kill themselves.

The whole "internet bullying" thing is something I have no sympathy for, not even for kids. Its the girls fault she subjected herself to it, she could have simply ignored it, BECAUSE ITS THE INTERNET! But she chose not to, and chose to let strangers on the internet intimidate her, and she chose to kill herself. No sane person, even a child, does that.

It sounds like she would have done it anyway, this was just the last straw, and if it wasnt internet trolling it would have been something else.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
It's ok to mock the parents but can we be sad for the girl st least? She didn't pick crappy parents...
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#83 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] im just joking, i dont have any problems with you. I know there are people here that dont like you, but IDK

I've always kind of enjoyed the negative comments. Positive or negative thoughts, people out there care enough to have them
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

But bleach is good for you.

Besides bleach is mostly water and we're mostly water, therefore we're bleach.

cain006

You deserve one badass point for this reference.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

^^This. Cuberbullying is far different from real bullying.

turtlethetaffer

I don't agree with that. I think cyberbullying is real bullying when it gets to a point, especially if it's constant. The difference between regular/cyber bullying and this is that she opens herself up for it by giving her potential bullies a place to harass her. EG: You make a post here or perhaps on facebook saying you like oranges, I reply with "Haha, only f*gs like oranges you're ugly I bet you have no friends LOSER your mom should have aborted you", or you're standing at a bus stop and I walk past and say "You're disgusting I hope you die I hope the bus hits you and puts the rest of us out of the misery of having to look at your nasty face". Both of those are examples of what I'd consider bullying/cyberbullying. You didn't provoke it, you didn't give me an in, you didn't do anything to open a floodgate. This, however, is a girl setting up an account on a site where the basis is for anonymous people to ask or say whatever they'd like. That is the floodgate. You're basically saying "come at me brah" when giving people a place to essentially let loose on you with no repercussions because they are anonymous. You are giving people a pillar to stand on and berate you. That's the difference here. Regular bullying/cyberbullying is not preventable, not asked for, not given an opening. This is, that's all that site is used for and if you don't want anonymous hate, don't join a site like that. That's how I see it, anyway.

That makes sense, too.  I still think cyberbullying is different though... Most of the time it's from completely anonymous people, so I don't see why anyone should care what they think.  Plus it's much, much, much easier to avoid.  simply don't go on that website.  bullying IRL is a lot tougher to deal with.

Yep, online, you can stop a troll/bully (same thing really) with one or two clicks of your mouse.  In a face to face confrontation, you cannot just end it when you want.  'Cyberbullying' is a joke

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] While yes, they were less than ideal citizens, i'm simply saying that SHE chose to go back to that site. There are certain sites on the internet i know of, yet choose avoid, because i know what is there. If you're going to a website, and you see/hear things you dont like, or the site is full of little ****s harassing you, you're not obligated in any way to return to that website.

Obviously she could have just not gone back to that website. The problem is that people seem to be acting as if that somehow excuses the behavior of the bullies. Look over the replies in this thread, and it looks as if people really don't even give a $hit that this kind of behavior occurs. I'm not denying that the girl was stupid for killing herself. But her actions were stupid, the actions of the bullies were intentionally malicious. And I'm finding it a bit disturbing how easily people are managing to dismiss malicious intent. Whether the girl acted stupidly or not, it just isn't cool that we've apparently lowered our standards so much that this kind of treatment of human beings is considered acceptable.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#87 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

So why do people have an account on that site again?

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
She clearly had awful parents, since they're totally passing the buck and blaming the guy who created a f*cking music website for her death. It is sad, and I do think people should be more empathetic to a degree, but stuff like this just shows how self-absorbed and out of touch with reality this generation is. If she felt the need to kill herself over trolls on last.fm she was just a suicide waiting to happen. There's no way she could've handled the demands of the real world.
nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

do people really feel no sympathy for this poor girl?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#90 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] While yes, they were less than ideal citizens, i'm simply saying that SHE chose to go back to that site. There are certain sites on the internet i know of, yet choose avoid, because i know what is there. If you're going to a website, and you see/hear things you dont like, or the site is full of little ****s harassing you, you're not obligated in any way to return to that website.MrGeezer
Obviously she could have just not gone back to that website. The problem is that people seem to be acting as if that somehow excuses the behavior of the bullies. Look over the replies in this thread, and it looks as if people really don't even give a $hit that this kind of behavior occurs. I'm not denying that the girl was stupid for killing herself. But her actions were stupid, the actions of the bullies were intentionally malicious. And I'm finding it a bit disturbing how easily people are managing to dismiss malicious intent. Whether the girl acted stupidly or not, it just isn't cool that we've apparently lowered our standards so much that this kind of treatment of human beings is considered acceptable.

OT is amazingly callous these days.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
The responses in this thread are fvcking depressing. wtf OT
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

people take things waayy too seriously.

i kinda dont really feel any sadness with stories like these anymore.

oh noes, an anonomous person was mean to me on the internet! i have nothing left to live for now!

hydralisk86
I think it could be more than that. Maybe that girl was already depressed, or had super low self esteem and was already thinking about suicide.

Ya I was thinking the same thing. There has to be more to this than meets the eye. Unfortunately, what was a matter with her will take a back seat and whatever was said to her by these people will be the scapegoat.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Why do people get so mad over online comments?
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

This is saddening.

Zuzuvela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zuzuvela
Member since 2013 • 1993 Posts
A lot of people have got to learn how to deal with the internet A lot of people on it are a$$holes for no reason so expect abuse sometimes or another When getting abuse, Remember Rule 1 and realise that they are just being a$$holes and move on Lessons for the Parents The Kid was already having some sort of issues, that website and troll wasnt solely responsible ask.fm isnt the only website where this happens,so stop putting all of these cases solely on it Learn about what your kids do on the internet And on a side note,make the father learn what manslaughter is See,its that easy,why cant people not learn this
ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

She clearly had awful parents, since they're totally passing the buck and blaming the guy who created a f*cking music website for her death. It is sad, and I do think people should be more empathetic to a degree, but stuff like this just shows how self-absorbed and out of touch with reality this generation is. If she felt the need to kill herself over trolls on last.fm she was just a suicide waiting to happen. There's no way she could've handled the demands of the real world.Rhazakna

ASK FM not LAST.FM

As a "teen" living in the UK though yes Ask fm has recently (especially this year) become more popular in the UK. Its become a place where kids generally don't do much harm just minor banter between each other but it of course has become a bully magnet.

With that being said, I feel no sympathy for anyone who gets bullied ONLINE because well its a joke. 

Here is the brilliant thing about Ask fm : The questions you receive are set to anon (the person who sends the question can make their profile public), the question comes up in your questions inbox thingy, IT IS OPTIONAL YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU CAN DELETE IT AND NOT PUBLISH THE ANSWER BUT KIDS STILL ANSWER IT AND SHOW IT TO THE WHOLE WORLD. 

Now obviously common sense would tell you that if you have an Ask fm account and you receive some hateful, bullying-like comments about you that you didn't like NATURALLY you would delete your account and therefore avoid having to see the questions that bullies send you, by staying on these websites you pretty much invite bullies to continue to flame you.

Well anyway, the weak die and the strong survive.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Victim blaming at full force here at GS.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Kids can be so cruel.

R.I.P.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#99 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I agree this isn't ask.fm fault and that parents should know what their kids do on the internet but a lot of you seem oblivious to the fact that 14 years old adolescents can be easily impressionable and sensitive. It is like you were never 14, yes, now I know to see everything on the internet with skepticism but that was after years of experience. And no, not everyone enters the internet knowing all the ins and out of internet etiquette and protocol without expending sometime in it.

JustBeYourself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 JustBeYourself
Member since 2012 • 686 Posts
Sad to see OT still mocks the death of kids and acts like they deserve itCapitan_Kid
Indeed, people have a hard time grasping how complicated the human mind is and how different each person is. So many people on here can only see things from their limited point of view and can't seem to comprehend things such as depression, addiction. It simply shows how *sheltered* a lot of people on these forums are and how limited their life experience has been so far, kind of pathetic in my opinion.