Obama named 15th best president by 238 Presidential Scholars

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

If less people drove, that would reduce the cost of many things. I never said "get rid of driving", did I? I am an advocate for reducing it. Anecdotal evidence such as video games and people you know don't count. It's a fact that preventable heart disease and obesity are great problems in this country. And our commuting practices are a large cause of that.Engrish_Major

So FedEx doesn't use trucks to deliver goods? Trucks don't bring goods cross-country for sale in other cities?

The fact that you apparently can't grasp the need to transporation of goods astounds me. I was using a video game as a joke, thinking it was common sense that we need vehicles for every day.

Show me some studies that prove your last statement. I thought over-eating and lack of exercise(lack of will to exercise) were the main factors.

yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 yabbicoke
Member since 2007 • 4069 Posts

Well clearly they know best, they can even predict the future and judge Obama after just one year in office, amazing. And also, FDR? Seriously?

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#153 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Studies have found that living closer to your job can actually offset the immense cost of commuting from living dozens of miles away from it. So you can't necessarily bring affordability into it. And, why do you need to drive to and from the grocery store each time? I don't remember the last time I drove to a grocery store.airshocker

There are cases where you just can't move to go to a new job. It's impossible. There are also some jobs that require you to live in wide open expanses, like farming. Can't farm in a city.

And you do not represent every single person in America. There are families that need vehicles to pick groceries and other things up.

I agree with you on this. I live in rural America, and there aren't enough jobs to keep everyone employed locally. So Major would suggest that everyone that can't work locally moves out of the rural area. That, in turn, hurts the rural area's business - leaving more people unemployed and having to work farther away, which means they move... It creates a never-ending cycle until eventually rural America doesn't exist anymore.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

FDR at number one? How the hell can you put a President that signed off on internment camps for American citizens at the top of the list?Theokhoth

The fact that he ended the depression, WWI, and WWII negates that imo

and honestly can you blame him? After the pearl harbor attack the people were angry/teriffied of the japanese (while i agree it was absolutley wrong) the whole mass hysteria thing kinda forced him into it.

It is questionable on the obama part (i think he is a good president but still hasnt proven himself that well to be that high yet)

but i like the list. also hell yes on Teddy R. at #2

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#155 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

You know, on these lists, I've always wondered how they go about ranking William Henry Harrison. I mean, on account of barely having any actions as president at all before he died.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
The fact that he ended the depression, WWI, and WWII negates that imolegend26
Wilson ended WWI, and Truman ended WWII.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"] This right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU&feature=relatedSnipes_2

That doesn't mean anything - him losing his train of thought while speaking at a town hall event doesn't prove that he doesn't play an active role in the crafting of his own speeches. As I've already posted, there is hard evidence that says to the contrary.

Town hall speech = No Teleprompter. Pictures of an edited speech? How does that prove he memorized anything without the prompter?

You are the one who keeps on bringing up memorization. All I'm saying is that he takes an active role in crafting his speeches. That's how this debate started, and that's the point that you contested by bringing up the fact that he has sometimes made verbal blunders while giving a speech. What I've been saying is that's irrelevant, and that the fact that he sometimes makes these blunders doesn't mean he doesn't have some portions of his speeches memorized. We don't know the portions of his speech's that he has memorized because he obviously isn't going to fudge up his speech at the points he has memorized, thus we have no way of telling what is memorized, we can only know what isn't memorized, so it's a meaningless thing to debate, especially when we have evidence that he has heavily edited and even written his own speeches.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#158 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

And...Without a Teleprompter...He isn't a Great Orator. Which is my point.

Ninja-Hippo

No it wasn't. :| Your point was that he cannot remember portions of his own speeches, which you were saying is proof that he must not be heavily involved in writing them.

Uh...Yeah and...? He can't talk without it :/ http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/27/video-totus-betrays-potus-again/

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
Obama is trash I really can't see him getting elected to a 2nd term but you just never know anymore.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Snipes_2
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] That doesn't mean anything - him losing his train of thought while speaking at a town hall event doesn't prove that he doesn't play an active role in the crafting of his own speeches. As I've already posted, there is hard evidence that says to the contrary.

-Sun_Tzu-

Town hall speech = No Teleprompter. Pictures of an edited speech? How does that prove he memorized anything without the prompter?

You are the one who keeps on bringing up memorization. All I'm saying is that he takes an active role in crafting his speeches. That's how this debate started, and that's the point that you contested by bringing up the fact that he has sometimes made verbal blunders while giving a speech. What I've been saying is that's irrelevant, and that the fact that he sometimes makes these blunders doesn't mean he doesn't have some portions of his speeches memorized. We don't know the portions of his speech's that he has memorized because he obviously isn't going to fudge up his speech at the points he has memorized, thus we have no way of telling what is memorized, we can only know what isn't memorized, so it's a meaningless thing to debate, especially when we have evidence that he has heavily edited and even written his own speeches.

Alright so he edits his speeches. Doesn't mean he can speak without a prompter.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 jalexbrown

You know, on these lists, I've always wondered how they go about ranking William Henry Harrison. I mean, on account of barely having any actions as president at all before he died.

MetroidPrimePwn
I think they throw the names in a hat and use the order in which they get pulled out.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

When the American people spend money, that's a good thing. When they have no money to spend because of higher taxes and ridiculous legislation like cap and trade(hopefully that will never pass), that's a bad thing.

When the people don't invest because everything Obama does scares the **** out of them, that's a bad thing too. I wish I could set my IRA to a more aggressive level, but I'm not willing to take 10 - 20% losses everytime Obama makes businesses **** themselves, which seems to be the norm.

Engrish_Major

I don't know about you, but my taxes are lower. As far as cap and trade goes, that has worked quite well in the past. I don't see why we can't use it to solve emissions problems in the future. And last time I checked, the stock market has been quite stable the past year-and-a-half.

Cap and trade has been nothing short of an utter failure in Europe.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="Osaka-06"] Those aren't speeches...Osaka-06

I said the Second one wasn't....Why isn't the first one a speech?

He's answering questions about his policies and politics on the go. It has got nothing to do with him being a great orator or not...but it's not as if that matters anyways...something which the republicans have been trying to argue for years.

Okay, He's answering questions that he obviously doesn't know the answers to.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

[QUOTE="legend26"]The fact that he ended the depression, WWI, and WWII negates that imoscorch-62
Wilson ended WWI, and Truman ended WWII.

truman came around the end oh ww2 after he died...FDR pretty much did everything including beating the germans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Of course there are cases, and some people that need vehicles. But not the 90% of people in most cities that currently drive to their jobs. When gas went above $4 per gallon, commuting share in public transit in most cities in this country rose immensely. Which shows that people do in fact have a choice. It is cheap gas that keeps them in their cars. And I have to breathe it.Engrish_Major

I would suggest moving out of the city, then, if you don't want to breathe that air.

I'm sure if you stuck your mouth around an exhaust pipe for awhile you might have something bad happen to you. But walking down the street when all cars in New York have to go through an emissions inspection? I think not.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

So FedEx doesn't use trucks to deliver goods? Trucks don't bring goods cross-country for sale in other cities?

The fact that you apparently can't grasp the need to transporation of goods astounds me. I was using a video game as a joke, thinking it was common sense that we need vehicles for every day.

Show me some studies that prove your last statement. I thought over-eating and lack of exercise(lack of will to exercise) were the main factors.

airshocker

When did I ever mention trucks? I don't see how you think I can't grasp the need of transportation of goods. I never even mentioned that :?

Here is one article, but it's not rocket science:

"Researchers have found that hours spent behind the wheel raise blood pressure and cause workers to get sick and stay home more often. Commuters have lower thresholds for frustration at work, suffer more headaches and chest pains, and more often display negative moods at home in the evenings."

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Engrish_Major

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Of course there are cases, and some people that need vehicles. But not the 90% of people in most cities that currently drive to their jobs. When gas went above $4 per gallon, commuting share in public transit in most cities in this country rose immensely. Which shows that people do in fact have a choice. It is cheap gas that keeps them in their cars. And I have to breathe it.airshocker

I would suggest moving out of the city, then, if you don't want to breathe that air.

I'm sure if you stuck your mouth around an exhaust pipe for awhile you might have something bad happen to you. But walking down the street when all cars in New York have to go through an emissions inspection? I think not.

Air quality due to auto emissions is bad for your respiratory health. That's not even debatable. And, if I moved out of the city, then I would be contributing to the problem, which I refuse to do.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#168 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
[QUOTE="Osaka-06"]

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"] I said the Second one wasn't....Why isn't the first one a speech?Snipes_2

He's answering questions about his policies and politics on the go. It has got nothing to do with him being a great orator or not...but it's not as if that matters anyways...something which the republicans have been trying to argue for years.

He doesn't know the answer because he said breathalyzer and then corrected himself to inhaler? :| You're reaching with this.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

Cap and trade has been nothing short of an utter failure in Europe.

It worked just fine under Bush Sr.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
obama wants to raise the price of gas to over the next 10 years wtf is that... http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3087-gas-prices-may-reach-7-per-gallon i feel bad for anyone that thinks this guy is a good president and i really feel afraid for my own future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

When did I ever mention trucks? I don't see how you think I can't grasp the need of transportation of goods. I never even mentioned that :?

Here is one article, but it's not rocket science:

"Researchers have found that hours spent behind the wheel raise blood pressure and cause workers to get sick and stay home more often. Commuters have lower thresholds for frustration at work, suffer more headaches and chest pains, and more often display negative moods at home in the evenings."

Engrish_Major

I thought we were talking about obesity?

I don't have any of these problems, considering I'm in the car all day.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Engrish_Major
obama wants to raise the price of gas to over the next 10 years wtf is that... http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3087-gas-prices-may-reach-7-per-gallon i feel bad for anyone that thinks this guy is a good president and i really feel afraid for my own future. xbox360isgr8t
Fine with me.
Osaka-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Osaka-06
Member since 2010 • 781 Posts
[QUOTE="Osaka-06"]

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"] I said the Second one wasn't....Why isn't the first one a speech?Snipes_2

Mods, I really don't want to resort to name calling..but I have a strange feeling that this chap is simply taking the piss on us here in a very trollery manner.
35th_shields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 35th_shields
Member since 2010 • 141 Posts

This list is a bunch of crap because Obama hasn't even been president for that long. Plus, these lists change drastically all the time because the way a president is viewed changes over time, especially after he is out of office. For example, look at GW Bush's ranking around the time of 9/11, where he had a very high approval rating and was towards the middle of a lot of these lists. Now, he's almost universally on the bottom. Also, take a look at one of these lists from 10-20 years ago and you'll see big differences between this one. I took a class in college about this exact topic, so I know a bit about the subject, and the truth is, Obama will probably be towards to middle or bottom third of the list once he's time in office is up (part of that is my opinion, the other part is influenced on research I've done on this subject in college).

Not to mention Teddy Roosevelt at #2 is just pure BS.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

And...Without a Teleprompter...He isn't a Great Orator. Which is my point.

Snipes_2

No it wasn't. :| Your point was that he cannot remember portions of his own speeches, which you were saying is proof that he must not be heavily involved in writing them.

Uh...Yeah and...? He can't talk without it :/ http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/27/video-totus-betrays-potus-again/

You're ignoring what you originally said and trying to morph this into a different point. You originally claimed that he is not involved in the writing of his speeches. Someone pointed out that he is, to which you claimed that you do not think he is because if he was, he would remember them. You then posted a video to prove that he cannot remember anything from his speeches, however your video was not of a speech, included no teleprompters and didn't really feature him failing to remember anything but simply correcting himself using the wrong word for something on the fly. Now if you would like to change the point into 'he cannot talk without a teleprompter' you can if you want, but at least acknowledge that your original point has gone completely unproven by the evidence you submitted.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="Osaka-06"] He's answering questions about his policies and politics on the go. It has got nothing to do with him being a great orator or not...but it's not as if that matters anyways...something which the republicans have been trying to argue for years.

Ninja-Hippo

He doesn't know the answer because he said breathalyzer and then corrected himself to inhaler? :| You're reaching with this.

He didn't even answer the question. Do you support Obama?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"] Alright so he edits his speeches. Doesn't mean he can speak without a prompter.

But he is able to speak without a prompter. For example, he did just fine without a prompter when he met with house republicans at their GOP retreat, and minus a few slightly humorous youtube videos that represent a minuscule portion of his public speaking, he does just fine articulating himself at town halls, press conferences, and one-on-one interviews.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

Lyndon B johnson at 16 :?...

And Martn Van buhren (sp?)?!

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Snipes_2
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] No it wasn't. :| Your point was that he cannot remember portions of his own speeches, which you were saying is proof that he must not be heavily involved in writing them. Ninja-Hippo

You're ignoring what you originally said and trying to morph this into a different point. You originally claimed that he is not involved in the writing of his speeches. Someone pointed out that he is, to which you claimed that you do not think he is because if he was, he would remember them. You then posted a video to prove that he cannot remember anything from his speeches, however your video was not of a speech, included no teleprompters and didn't really feature him failing to remember anything but simply correcting himself using the wrong word for something on the fly. Now if you would like to change the point into 'he cannot talk without a teleprompter' you can if you want, but at least acknowledge that your original point has gone completely unproven by the evidence you submitted.

No, Actually. This is my original post 'Why can't he remember anything from them without a Prompter though :o?"
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 jalexbrown
[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]obama wants to raise the price of gas to over the next 10 years wtf is that... http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3087-gas-prices-may-reach-7-per-gallon i feel bad for anyone that thinks this guy is a good president and i really feel afraid for my own future.

I don't see how that's going to work. In the next ten years we'll probably have another President that can reverse this - and probably will.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

I mentioned various health problems (respiratory, heart disease, etc), of which obesity is merely one of. The argument is still that cheap gas hurts us.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Air quality due to auto emissions is bad for your respiratory health. That's not even debatable. And, if I moved out of the city, then I would be contributing to the problem, which I refuse to do.Engrish_Major

There are a lot of things that are bad for your respiratory health. Like I said, if you were sucking on an exhaust pipe, you might seem some immediate symptons. Or sitting in a garage with the car running. But not as you walk down an open street.

You aren't fixing the problem either. What you are suggesting creates even more problems.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"] Alright so he edits his speeches. Doesn't mean he can speak without a prompter. -Sun_Tzu-
But he is able to speak without a prompter. For example, he did just fine without a prompter when he met with house republicans at their GOP retreat, and minus a few slightly humorous youtube videos that represent a minuscule portion of his public speaking, he does just fine articulating himself at town halls, press conferences, and one-on-one interviews.

I guess that's subjective on how he handles himself. From what I've seen it is quite poor.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Ninja-Hippo

Snipes_2
Your video does not show what the question was, and does not continue long enough to hear him answer the question. :|
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 jalexbrown
[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]obama wants to raise the price of gas to over the next 10 years wtf is that... http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3087-gas-prices-may-reach-7-per-gallon i feel bad for anyone that thinks this guy is a good president and i really feel afraid for my own future. Engrish_Major
Fine with me.

What kind of car do you drive?
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] Alright so he edits his speeches. Doesn't mean he can speak without a prompter.

I guess that subjective on how he handles himself. From what I've seen it is quite poor.

Well, have you seen his Q&A session with house republicans?
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Snipes_2
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] But he is able to speak without a prompter. For example, he did just fine without a prompter when he met with house republicans at their GOP retreat, and minus a few slightly humorous youtube videos that represent a minuscule portion of his public speaking, he does just fine articulating himself at town halls, press conferences, and one-on-one interviews.

I guess that subjective on how he handles himself. From what I've seen it is quite poor.

Yes, Not good. He's arrogant and replies with animosity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I mentioned various health problems (respiratory, heart disease, etc), of which obesity is merely one of. The argument is still that cheap gas hurts us.Engrish_Major

You only mentioned obesity and heart disease when I asked you for a study, actually.

The article you did provide seems to me only to represent those who are in the car for hours upon hours every day. Not the average American driving to work. Expensive gas hurts us more.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 jalexbrown
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="airshocker"]

I mentioned various health problems (respiratory, heart disease, etc), of which obesity is merely one of. The argument is still that cheap gas hurts us.

I love the way you play this card of knowing what's best for people and not giving a damn what the majority of people actually want. If you think the majority of people are going to say, "Seven dollar gas? Sure!" then you're laughably wrong.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Snipes_2
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Ninja-Hippo
Your video does not show what the question was, and does not continue long enough to hear him answer the question. :|

IF it takes him over a minute to respond to a question coherently that's pretty sad.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]obama wants to raise the price of gas to over the next 10 years wtf is that... http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3087-gas-prices-may-reach-7-per-gallon i feel bad for anyone that thinks this guy is a good president and i really feel afraid for my own future. jalexbrown
Fine with me.

What kind of car do you drive?

the koolaid mobile
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="jalexbrown"]

You only mentioned obesity and heart disease when I asked you for a study, actually.

The article you did provide seems to me only to represent those who are in the car for hours upon hours every day. Not the average American driving to work. Expensive gas hurts us more.

The fact is that driving is the most expensive, most dangerous, and least efficient mode of transit. Less driving = better for everyone.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Engrish_Major
What kind of car do you drive?jalexbrown
Mitsubishi Lancer
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] Uh...Yeah and...? He can't talk without it :/ http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/27/video-totus-betrays-potus-again/

Snipes_2

No, Actually. This is my original post 'Why can't he remember anything from them without a Prompter though :o?"

And to prove that you posted a video of him in which he is not giving a speech. Thus, your assertion was that Obama does not write his own speeches based on the hypothesis that he cannot remember them. Your proof was a video in which he has no teleprompter and is not in any way delivering a speech. That is not proof at all.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] I guess that subjective on how he handles himself. From what I've seen it is quite poor.

Yes, Not good. He's arrogant and replies with animosity.

And what does that have to do with his ability to articulate himself? Arrogance and animosity has to do with his character, not his ability to speak.
SeanDog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 SeanDog123
Member since 2005 • 1327 Posts
I guess socialism is catching on. All hail chancellor Obama! Yes we can!
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Snipes_2

IF it takes him over a minute to respond to a question coherently that's pretty sad.

You have no idea what the question was. :? If it was a fairly complex question about healthcare legislation (and he was clearly talking about healthcare) i'd be quite happy if he spoke for over a minute. You're really reaching with this. The video doesn't show a thing relating to his ability to give a speech and does nothing at all to back up your assertion that he does not write them because he cannot remember them.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 jalexbrown

[QUOTE="jalexbrown"]What kind of car do you drive?Engrish_Major
Mitsubishi Lancer

Why don't you have a hybrid?

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Engrish_Major
Why don't you have a hybrid?jalexbrown
It doesn't make much of a difference. I hardly use my car.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] You're ignoring what you originally said and trying to morph this into a different point. You originally claimed that he is not involved in the writing of his speeches. Someone pointed out that he is, to which you claimed that you do not think he is because if he was, he would remember them. You then posted a video to prove that he cannot remember anything from his speeches, however your video was not of a speech, included no teleprompters and didn't really feature him failing to remember anything but simply correcting himself using the wrong word for something on the fly. Now if you would like to change the point into 'he cannot talk without a teleprompter' you can if you want, but at least acknowledge that your original point has gone completely unproven by the evidence you submitted. Ninja-Hippo

And to prove that you posted a video of him in which he is not giving a speech. Thus, your assertion was that Obama does not write his own speeches based on the hypothesis that he cannot remember them. Your proof was a video in which he has no teleprompter and is not in any way delivering a speech. That is not proof at all.

I posted more than one video...I believe "Why can't he remember anything without a prompter" and then posting something where he messes up without a prompter is sufficient proof.