Obama named 15th best president by 238 Presidential Scholars

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="aransom"]

If they put FDR above Lincoln and Obama above Reagan, they're just a bunch of liberal hacks.

aransom

Protip: Lincoln was a liberal.

Only if you use the definition of the word liberal from the time of Lincoln. I don't see how you could use the current definition of liberal to describe Lincoln.

I don't know what you mean by the time of Lincoln, but he was definitely a Republican back then. Ideologies of the two parties drastically changed since then, so by today's definitions, he's definitely more democrat than republican.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending
2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices
3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women
4. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq
5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
6. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information
7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier's family
8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act
9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible

10. Limits on lobbyists' access to the White House
11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration
12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date
13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren't even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan
14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research
15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
16. New federal funding for science and research labs
17. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards
18. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect
19. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools
20. New funds for school construction
21 The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out
22. US Auto industry rescue plan
23. Housing rescue plan
24. $789 billion economic stimulus plan

25. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying
26. US financial and banking rescue plan
27. The secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed
28. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards
29. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops
30. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010
31. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols
32. Re-engaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic
33. Re-engaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions
34. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office
35. Successful release of US captain held by Somali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job
36. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast
37. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles
38. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales
39. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government
40. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children
41. Signed national service legislation; expanded national youth service program
42. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones
43. Ended the previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions
44. Expanding vaccination programs
45. Immediate and efficient response to the floods in North Dakota and other natural disaster.

Engrish_Major

Only have problems with those points that are bolded:

4) I don't want this to come back and bite us in the rear.

9) We've been lied to repeatedly concerning the health care reform, and Congress has continued to do business behind closed doors. That's not transparency.

13) The F-22 could replace almost every single one of our war-planes. I see no reason operate decade old equipment when we can upgrade to the F-22 and F-35s and retain our air superiority for decades to come.

21) And those who were detained at Guantanamo Bay have tried to go back to terrorism. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE50C5JX20090113

22) Should have let them fail.

23) Should have let Fannie and Freddie fail.

24) Didn't work. Unemployment went even higher than they said it would. Joe Biden has even said we won't be getting those jobs back. Another lie from the Administration.

26) Banks should be left to fail. The reform is useless since it doesn't fix the people who screwed us to begin with. http://blog.heritage.org/?p=37050

30) I don't think we should stop with our missile defense programs entirely. Hopefully this doesn't bite us in the rear.

33) Don't believe in Global Warming anymore since that scandal. I think it's all just a ploy to get cap and trade put through.

34) Had an apology tour across the entire world when we have nothing to apologize for.

38) Cash for clunkers has ended up hurting us. http://blog.heritage.org/?p=12324

45) Didn't respond to the oil spill for nine days. And didn't do anything for North Dakota. The National Guard and Air National Guard did all the work.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#53 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Like Major things, Pulling troops out of war, getting us out of this economy.....Hes been mainly a celebrity.

Foxi911

Are you seriously saying "all of that doesn't count"? The health care reform bill that was passed was probably the most major piece of legislation in years.

And even beyond that, he has begun a drawdown in Iraq, and has passed both a stimulus bill with a financial reform bill in progress, so... he's doing what you consider "major", too.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
How about from now on we refuse to elect people not named "Roosevelt".
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

How about from now on we refuse to elect people not named "Roosevelt".snowman6251

:lol: This is a good plan.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#56 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Communication ability? Having a nice voice don't mean much when you don't even write your own speeches. Just me two cents.JML897

When was the last time a President wrote all of his speeches by himself? I don't know the answer, it's an honest question.

Only guy that comes to mind in that regard is Nixon (but even then he didn't write ALL of his speeches by himself, he was just more comfortable or not fazed at all by having a speech without having prepared stuff or what have you for it). Don't know any Presidents before him to make an accurate guess.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
FDR above TR? :( They shouldn't have ranked Obama yet though. He's not even halfway through his term... it's way too soon to be ranking him. Overall though I think it's a good list.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Only have problems with those points that are bolded:

4) I don't want this to come back and bite us in the rear.

9) We've been lied to repeatedly concerning the health care reform, and Congress has continued to do business behind closed doors. That's not transparency.

13) The F-22 could replace almost every single one of our war-planes. I see no reason operate decade old equipment when we can upgrade to the F-22 and F-35s and retain our air superiority for decades to come.

21) And those who were detained at Guantanamo Bay have tried to go back to terrorism. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE50C5JX20090113

22) Should have let them fail.

23) Should have let Fannie and Freddie fail.

24) Didn't work. Unemployment went even higher than they said it would. Joe Biden has even said we won't be getting those jobs back. Another lie from the Administration.

26) Banks should be left to fail. The reform is useless since it doesn't fix the people who screwed us to begin with. http://blog.heritage.org/?p=37050

30) I don't think we should stop with our missile defense programs entirely. Hopefully this doesn't bite us in the rear.

33) Don't believe in Global Warming anymore since that scandal. I think it's all just a ploy to get cap and trade put through.

34) Had an apology tour across the entire world when we have nothing to apologize for.

38) Cash for clunkers has ended up hurting us. http://blog.heritage.org/?p=12324

45) Didn't respond to the oil spill for nine days. And didn't do anything for North Dakota. The National Guard and Air National Guard did all the work.

I didn't comment on the virtues of any of those, and except for the few that you dispute are actuall his "accomplishments", they are still accomplishments nonetheless, regardless of whether or not you agree with them.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Engrish_Major
Only guy that comes to mind in that regard is Nixon. Don't know any Presidents before him to make an accurate guess.Stevo_the_gamer
Obama wrote his speeches up until the inaguration - I assume it is a time-saving thing. And, part of "communication ability" surely has to do with how he performs diplomatically when scripts are not present, i.e., with foreign leaders, advisors, congresspeople, open press conferences, etc.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

Communication ability? Having a nice voice don't mean much when you don't even write your own speeches. Just me two cents.Stevo_the_gamer
Presidents are very busy, and so naturally they don't have much time to write all of their speeches without the help of speech writers. But Obama is actually very involved in much of his speech writing - he has written two books after all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I didn't comment on the virtues of any of those, and except for the few that you dispute are actuall his "accomplishments", they are still accomplishments nonetheless, regardless of whether or not you agree with them.Engrish_Major

Are you trying to say that accomplishing something bad is just as good as accomplishing something good? I mean, by your logic, so long as it's an accomplishment...

I don't like that philosophy all that much.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Engrish_Major

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]I didn't comment on the virtues of any of those, and except for the few that you dispute are actuall his "accomplishments", they are still accomplishments nonetheless, regardless of whether or not you agree with them.airshocker

Are you trying to say that accomplishing something bad is just as good as accomplishing something good? I mean, by your logic, so long as it's an accomplishment...

I don't like that philosophy all that much.

Many of the things you commented on are not objectively "good" or "bad", as would be losing a war or something catastrophic of that nature. They are all debateable, and are supported by a great many people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Many of the things you commented on are not objectively "good" or "bad", as would be losing a war or something catastrophic of that nature. They are all debateable, and are supported by a great many people.Engrish_Major

Putting us even further in debt is not a bad thing?

Leaving a country that might not be ready to fend for itself to the wolves isn't a bad thing?

Allowing detainees to become terrorists again isn't a bad thing?

Huh...where have I been.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Communication ability? Having a nice voice don't mean much when you don't even write your own speeches. Just me two cents.-Sun_Tzu-

Presidents are very busy, and so naturally they don't have much time to write all of their speeches without the help of speech writers. But Obama is actually very involved in much of his speech writing - he has written two books after all.

That is very true, but having a full time staff of staff writers just doesn't give me much to go off of in regards to one's communication abilities. Anyone can have a nice voice when the foundation of wording is laid out before you.
Obama wrote his speeches up until the inaguration - I assume it is a time-saving thing. And, part of "communication ability" surely has to do with how he performs diplomatically when scripts are not present, i.e., with foreign leaders, advisors, congresspeople, open press conferences, etc.Engrish_Major
If that be the case, then I don't see how it would be possible for him to score so highly in less than a two years time.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]

Oh my... looks like he won't back in this thread for awhile.

GabuEx

I've never understood the whole "Obama hasn't done anything!" line. It's the most provably false statement one can possibly level towards Obama, yet it's an incredibly popular one to make...

For me it's not a matter of the fact that he hasn't done anything; it's the fact that his term isn't over. There's still enough time for him to totally screw things up before his term is over.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Leaving a country that might not be ready to fend for itself to the wolves isn't a bad thing?

Huh...where have I been.

No, debt is not objectively a bad thing, especially in a recession. I don't know what you are referring to re: wolves. Allowing anyone to become a terrorist is certainly bad.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Kennedy should not be that high. He is beloved for his charisma and remembered for his tragic death but if we're realistic or objective about it he accomplished very little in his time in office and failed to get congress on his side.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Many of the things you commented on are not objectively "good" or "bad", as would be losing a war or something catastrophic of that nature. They are all debateable, and are supported by a great many people.airshocker

Huh...where have I been.

Clearly you have not visited Super Obama World yet.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ninja-Hippo
My mind boggles at the people who say Obama hasn't done anything. He's probably done more in one year than Bush did over his entire presidency.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

No, debt is not objectively a bad thing, especially in a recession. Engrish_Major
A small debt is not that big of a deal -- having a debt that can surpass the nation's GDP in 2012 is something that's inherently VERY bad. :|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

No, debt is not objectively a bad thing, especially in a recession. I don't know what you are referring to re: wolves. Allowing anyone to become a terrorist is certainly bad.Engrish_Major

I'm not of the philosophy that spending gets us out of a recession.

Allowing Iraq to fend for itself while surrounded by countries who would love to see us burn is most certainly leaving them for the wolves.

Obama has done some good things. He's done bad things too. Just saying he's accomplished a lot is not a measure of how good of a President he is.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Huh? Don't get me wrong, I love Obama, but isn't it impossible to judge his presidency while it's still going?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Snipes_2

Clearly.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
My mind boggles at the people who say Obama hasn't done anything. He's probably done more in one year than Bush did over his entire presidency. Ninja-Hippo
That's an odd thing to say, he may have done more things than you agree with but done more things in general? :|
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Engrish_Major

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]No, debt is not objectively a bad thing, especially in a recession. I don't know what you are referring to re: wolves. Allowing anyone to become a terrorist is certainly bad.airshocker

I'm not of the philosophy that spending gets us out of a recession.

Allowing Iraq to fend for itself while surrounded by countries who would love to see us burn is most certainly leaving them for the wolves.

Obama has done some good things. He's done a lot of bad things, however. Just saying he's accomplished a lot is not a measure of how good of a President he is.

I was not necessarily using it as a measure of how good he is. It was in direct response to another user that stated that he has not done anything. I had to prove that inherently incorrect. Also, there are still many people that are of the philosophy that spending gets us out of a recession. So, that's still not an objectively bad thing.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

airshocker

Clearly.

Well, You better get on that. I hear some people are already on world 6 :o
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 -Sun_Tzu-

That is very true, but having a full time staff of staff writers just doesn't give me much to go off of in regards to one's communication abilities. Anyone can have a nice voice when the foundation of wording is laid out before you. Stevo_the_gamer

But he has shown to take a very active role when it comes to writing his own speeches, I'd say more so than the Great Communicator himself, Ronald Reagan.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]That is very true, but having a full time staff of staff writers just doesn't give me much to go off of in regards to one's communication abilities. Anyone can have a nice voice when the foundation of wording is laid out before you. -Sun_Tzu-

But he has shown to take a very active role when it comes to writing his own speeches, I'd say more so than the Great Communicator himself, Ronald Reagan.

Why can't he remember anything from them without a Prompter though :o?
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Kennedy should not be that high. He is beloved for his charisma and remembered for his tragic death but if we're realistic or objective about it he accomplished very little in his time in office and failed to get congress on his side. Ninja-Hippo

We're not living in a fallout3 world now because of his handling of the Cuban missile crisis. I'd say that's pretty awesome.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 topgunmv

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]That is very true, but having a full time staff of staff writers just doesn't give me much to go off of in regards to one's communication abilities. Anyone can have a nice voice when the foundation of wording is laid out before you. Snipes_2

Reagan used prompters too.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Engrish_Major

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Kennedy should not be that high. He is beloved for his charisma and remembered for his tragic death but if we're realistic or objective about it he accomplished very little in his time in office and failed to get congress on his side. topgunmv

We're not living in a fallout3 world now because of his handling of the Cuban missile crisis. I'd say that's pretty awesome.

I don't know... that was a pretty great game.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I'd say the most significant thing he did so far was making the world like the US again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I was not necessarily using it as a measure of how good he is. It was in direct response to another user that stated that he has not done anything. I had to prove that inherently incorrect. Also, there are still many people that are of the philosophy that spending gets us out of a recession. So, that's still not an objectively bad thing.Engrish_Major

When the American people spend money, that's a good thing. When they have no money to spend because of higher taxes and ridiculous legislation like cap and trade(hopefully that will never pass), that's a bad thing.

When the people don't invest because everything Obama does scares the **** out of them, that's a bad thing too. I wish I could set my IRA to a more aggressive level, but I'm not willing to take 10 - 20% losses everytime Obama makes businesses **** themselves, which seems to be the norm.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

topgunmv

He didn't look like a buffoon when one broke down though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Well, You better get on that. I hear some people are already on world 6 :oSnipes_2

I refuse. =]

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]That is very true, but having a full time staff of staff writers just doesn't give me much to go off of in regards to one's communication abilities. Anyone can have a nice voice when the foundation of wording is laid out before you. Snipes_2

So because he doesn't take the time to memorize all of his speeches shows that he hasn't played a active role in the crafting of said speeches?
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]Well, You better get on that. I hear some people are already on world 6 :oairshocker

I refuse. =]

It's a good game I hear. So far it has a 8.5/10 from most reviewers. I quite honestly can't see myself playing that game, just doesn't appeal to me. :)
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

When the American people spend money, that's a good thing. When they have no money to spend because of higher taxes and ridiculous legislation like cap and trade(hopefully that will never pass), that's a bad thing.

When the people don't invest because everything Obama does scares the **** out of them, that's a bad thing too. I wish I could set my IRA to a more aggressive level, but I'm not willing to take 10 - 20% losses everytime Obama makes businesses **** themselves, which seems to be the norm.

I don't know about you, but my taxes are lower. As far as cap and trade goes, that has worked quite well in the past. I don't see why we can't use it to solve emissions problems in the future. And last time I checked, the stock market has been quite stable the past year-and-a-half.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Kennedy should not be that high. He is beloved for his charisma and remembered for his tragic death but if we're realistic or objective about it he accomplished very little in his time in office and failed to get congress on his side. Ninja-Hippo
In all fairness, Kennedy did have several other things (Berlin, Cuba, Marylin, etc.) to deal with that weren't on his agenda. But overall I agree.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

-Sun_Tzu-

So because he doesn't take the time to memorize all of his speeches shows that he hasn't played a active role in the crafting of said speeches?

If he played an active role in crafting them wouldn't he remember at least a portion of it?

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
You know what kind of irks me about Obama? All of these small business incentives. Let's be realistic for a second: how many people actually use small businesses on a regular basis? I would wager that almost anyone in here spends more of their free money in big business than small business. Sinking money into incentives for things people won't use? That doesn't seem economically sound to me.
deepdreamer256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#92 deepdreamer256
Member since 2005 • 7140 Posts
You know what kind of irks me about Obama? All of these small business incentives. Let's be realistic for a second: how many people actually use small businesses on a regular basis? I would wager that almost anyone in here spends more of their free money in big business than small business. Sinking money into incentives for things people won't use? That doesn't seem economically sound to me.jalexbrown
I'm pretty sure that small businesses make up a very large part of the economy . . .
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Engrish_Major
You know what kind of irks me about Obama? All of these small business incentives. Let's be realistic for a second: how many people actually use small businesses on a regular basis? I would wager that almost anyone in here spends more of their free money in big business than small business. Sinking money into incentives for things people won't use? That doesn't seem economically sound to me.jalexbrown
I think most of my free money goes to small businesses. I generally prefer them to chains.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"] Why can't he remember anything from them without a Prompter though :o?Snipes_2

He didn't look like a buffoon when one broke down though.

Do you have an instance where one broke down on Reagan to make such a comparison?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I don't know about you, but my taxes are lower. As far as cap and trade goes, that has worked quite well in the past. I don't see why we can't use it to solve emissions problems in the future. And last time I checked, the stock market has been quite stable the past year-and-a-half.Engrish_Major

My taxes aren't. And they'll go up quite a bit more in 2011.

How will making gas cost five bucks a gallon be a good thing? I don't understand that.

Stability is not the same as growth. I have no confidence in the market right now. Not until the feds stop futzing around with it.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Kennedy should not be that high. He is beloved for his charisma and remembered for his tragic death but if we're realistic or objective about it he accomplished very little in his time in office and failed to get congress on his side. topgunmv

A success which was more or less negated by the complete failure of the Bay of Pigs invasion.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] Why can't he remember anything from them without a Prompter though :o?Snipes_2

If he played an active role in crafting them wouldn't he remember at least a portion of it?

Who's to say he doesn't?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

It's a good game I hear. So far it has a 8.5/10 from most reviewers. I quite honestly can't see myself playing that game, just doesn't appeal to me. :)Snipes_2

I bet GS gave it a 10. Libs. :D

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

My taxes aren't. And they'll go up quite a bit more in 2011.

How will making gas cost five bucks a gallon be a good thing? I don't understand that.

Stability is not the same as growth. I have no confidence in the market right now. Not until the feds stop futzing around with it.

I hope that the price of gas keeps increasing. It will hurt for a while, but it needs to not be cheap. That's another thread entirely though. Stability is just fine at this point. After the biggest meltdown since the 30s, I'd say that's quite an accomplishment in this short of time.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#100 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
I find it kind of premature to rank the President when his term is not even over yet. :?