News: 71 wounded, 12 killed in midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#201 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

? April 28, 1996: Martin Bryant, 29, bursts into cafeteria in seaside resort of Port Arthur in Tasmania, Australia, shooting 20 people to death. Driving away, he kills 15 others. He was captured and imprisoned.

We introduced strict gun laws after that and it has never happened since. 16 years without a single mass shooting. How many has the US had this year?

tumbIew33d

oopsie... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_mass_murders

That actually totally confirms what he was saying.

That serial killers can kill lots of people over time and building fires are dangerous? Serial killers and mass shootings are different issues. That require different solutions.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Damn, son. That sh*t cray. Real talk. Anyone think that he was motivated by Bane, since Bane is a terrorist?

Omni-Slash

STFU...

Did I do or say something wrong? I simply asked a question. Think about it. Bane is a terrorist in the film, and the pepertrator committed and act of terrorism. That's not a coincidence. He could have chosen to do this during a showing of Avengers or Prometheus - both of which are big summer blockbusters like TDKR - but he chose to do it during a viewing of The Dark Knight - a film which just so happens to have a villain that's a terrorist.

Anyhow, how do you think this will affect the film's box-office performance? Maybe people will be too scared to see it. I'm going to see it twice tomorrow; I've got two advanced tickets. If the place gets shot up, then so be it (my life sucks anyway). However, I just hope that the gunman/ gunmen wait until the film is over.

tumbIew33d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 tumbIew33d
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="tumbIew33d"][QUOTE="Omni-Slash"] oopsie... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_mass_murdersmattisgod01

That actually totally confirms what he was saying.

That serial killers can kill lots of people over time and building fires are dangerous? Serial killers and mass shootings are different issues. That require different solutions.

Wrong guy. I'm agreeing with you. :P
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

Over 60 people shot from one civilian shooting...

This guy has skill.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 BluRayHiDef

This guy has skill.

TheFatPerson

That sh*t cray.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

did I do or say something wrong? I simply asked a question. Think about it. Bane is a terrorist in the film, and the pepertrator committed and act of terrorism. That's not a coincidence. He could have chosen to do this during a showing of Avengers or Prometheus - both of which are big summer blockbusters like TDKR - but he chose to do it during a viewing of The Dark Knight - a film which just so happens to have a villain that's a terrorist.

Anyhow, how do you think this will affect the film's box-office performance? Maybe people will be too scared to see it. I'm going to see it twice tomorrow; I've got two advanced tickets. If the place gets shot up, then so be it (my life sucks anyway). However, I just hope that the gunman/ gunmen wait until the film is over.

BluRayHiDef
again..STFU...
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

This guy has skill.

TheFatPerson

Not really. Just a rapid fire weapon, a lot of targets, and a confined area.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
(joker)........and here we......go!". I'm watching the ignorance that is the Today show and they are reporting that this might be Batmans fault. The film is too violent and could have something to do with this moron who decided to open fire on innocent people. Warner Bros have canceled select shows and are deciding if it should move along with opening weekend of the movie. Warner bros issued a statement saying they were deeply saddened by the tragic shooting.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

Australia doesn't need guns to kill people the abundance of venomous wild life does a fine job by its self.

i had an australian friend who was KILLLED BY A SINGLE ANT.

look up jack jumpe ants.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

did I do or say something wrong? I simply asked a question. Think about it. Bane is a terrorist in the film, and the pepertrator committed and act of terrorism. That's not a coincidence. He could have chosen to do this during a showing of Avengers or Prometheus - both of which are big summer blockbusters like TDKR - but he chose to do it during a viewing of The Dark Knight - a film which just so happens to have a villain that's a terrorist.

Omni-Slash

again..STFU...

Yo, you need to chill out, my *****. Real talk. Anyhow, this sh*t cray.

Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

I have no interest in tuning into Fox, MSNBC, or CNN to see them politicize this tragedy.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Whoa =o Sadness...
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 worlock77

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Damn, son. That sh*t cray. Real talk. Anyone think that he was motivated by Bane, since Bane is a terrorist?

BluRayHiDef

STFU...

Did I do or say something wrong? I simply asked a question. Think about it. Bane is a terrorist in the film, and the pepertrator committed and act of terrorism. That's not a coincidence. He could have chosen to do this during a showing of Avengers or Prometheus - both of which are big summer blockbusters like TDKR - but he chose to do it during a viewing of The Dark Knight - a film which just so happens to have a villain that's a terrorist.

For f*ck's sake....

Tactical_facepalm.jpg

CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 CycleOfViolence

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Omni-Slash

again..STFU...

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 TheFatPerson

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

This guy has skill.

worlock77

Not really. Just a rapid fire weapon, a lot of targets, and a confined area.

I'm just remarking on how shocking and impressive (in a bad way no less) that was. I really haven't heard of a massacre on that large of a scale in the U.S. in awhile; either that or I just haven't been reading the news. Still...I gotta wonder, what led him to just shooting up a theatre like this out of nowhere? Did the guy get caught yet?

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

Well, were they able to see the rest of the movie?

Jazz_Fan

no they were dead, recovering in hospital or running for their lives.

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 TheFatPerson

[QUOTE="TheFatPerson"]

This guy has skill.

Iszdope

You are also an idiot.

Congratulations.

You can stop with your pseudo-intelligent posts now. Nobody thinks you're funny. Stop looking for attention.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/

Oh look at that, the dude behind this website is British.

Really, guns aren't complex machines and people have been crafting them for centuries.

worlock77

Guns need to be very precise, Very few people whould have the skills and machinery to produce anything capable of mass killings. Even if they could they would not manage it on a mass scale. They would be rare and very expensive on the black market. Not to mention the risk of the ATF tracking them down.

Guns do not need to be very precise. All you need, in a nutshell, is a hammer to strike the primer on the bullet, and a barell from which to launch the resulting projectile. the machinery isn't complex, and anyone who's taken shop class in high school could probably do it. As for rare and expensive on the black market - the AK-47 is the most bootlegged gun in the world. Millions of counterfeit AKs have been manufactured and distributed throughout the worldwide black market at prices as cheap as $30 in some countries. And if anything being black market, and thus having no numbers, makes them harder to track.

You really don't seem to have much knowledge or understanding of this topic so perhaps you should just gracefully bow out.

Even a Musket requires more precision then you seem to think, Without a precise barrel and very well fitting musket ball the effectiveness of the weapon will be extremely limited.

Guns do have to be very precise, The more precise the better. The mechanics behind guns havn't changed much since WW1, What has chnaged is our manufacturing procedure, We cqan make them far more precise, Thus higher velocity, More accurate and more reliable. The AK-47 was the creation of a very skilled weapons engineer and they have been produced in weapons factories, Not peoples back yards. You presume too much thinking i know very little about the subject, Look into weapons manufacturing during WW1 and WW2 and you will see the reality of weapons manufacturing and the end result. The less precise the worse the weapon. Both sides learnt that lesson but both sides were forced to compromise.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 frannkzappa

dude home made guns arent uncommon in the US.

we have TONS of small scale gun makers and shops (2-6 people working per shop).

hell we have multiple tv shows about family run gun crafters.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 mattisgod01

Australia doesn't need guns to kill people the abundance of venomous wild life does a fine job by its self.

i had an australian friend who was KILLLED BY A SINGLE ANT.

look up jack jumpe ants.

frannkzappa

Just don't touch anything that moves and you're fine. Or if you must touch it, Hit it with a stick first. Unless it's bigger then a small mouse, Then hit it with big stick. Tasmanian Devils on the other hand, Hit them with a stick all you want, They won't get any more pissed off then they already are. Don't run, You only give it a clean shot at your hamstring and Achilles heel. We learn these things in first grade.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I'm watching the ignorance that is the Today show and they are reporting that this might be Batmans fault. The film is too violent and could have something to do with this moron who decided to open fire on innocent people. todd2r

WTF? This could have happened at a midnight showing for any movie. It's not like the guy showed up in the theater, was influenced by the violence on screen, then went home and came back to the theater and started shooting.

What an idiotic thing to say.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#225 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
That's terrible. Can't imagine that ever happening here either.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#226 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

frannkzappa

if you look on the internet you can figure out how to make a bomb out of house hold material.

and people do it all the time

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#227 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I don't know why it would just occur to somebody that they should go kill a bunch of innocent people like that. It never makes any sense. Where do they get these sick ideas?

Oh well. Some people are just going to snap. There are 6+ billion of us on the world, even if one out of every 1 million people is a crazy nutjob who wants to kill everything, that still leaves 6000 of them. Out of that 6000, one of them is going to find the means to do something like this.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 mattisgod01

frannkzappa

If such things are legal i'd think so. But i'd assume these people are skilled at their craft and if what they were doing became illegal it would make their job very difficult. They are not sitting in a shed bashing together water pipes with a hammer. I'm not saying people couldn't acquire guns illegally, Of course thet could, The idea is to make it harder, The amount the US spend already trying to deal with illegal guns that could easily be purchased legally is futile. Where are all these illegal guns comming from anyway? Are they not simply legal guns that disappear?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Guns need to be very precise, Very few people whould have the skills and machinery to produce anything capable of mass killings. Even if they could they would not manage it on a mass scale. They would be rare and very expensive on the black market. Not to mention the risk of the ATF tracking them down.

mattisgod01

Guns do not need to be very precise. All you need, in a nutshell, is a hammer to strike the primer on the bullet, and a barell from which to launch the resulting projectile. the machinery isn't complex, and anyone who's taken shop class in high school could probably do it. As for rare and expensive on the black market - the AK-47 is the most bootlegged gun in the world. Millions of counterfeit AKs have been manufactured and distributed throughout the worldwide black market at prices as cheap as $30 in some countries. And if anything being black market, and thus having no numbers, makes them harder to track.

You really don't seem to have much knowledge or understanding of this topic so perhaps you should just gracefully bow out.

Even a Musket requires more precision then you seem to think, Without a precise barrel and very well fitting musket ball the effectiveness of the weapon will be extremely limited.

Guns do have to be very precise, The more precise the better. The mechanics behind guns havn't changed much since WW1, What has chnaged is our manufacturing procedure, We cqan make them far more precise, Thus higher velocity, More accurate and more reliable. The AK-47 was the creation of a very skilled weapons engineer and they have been produced in weapons factories, Not peoples back yards. You presume too much thinking i know very little about the subject, Look into weapons manufacturing during WW1 and WW2 and you will see the reality of weapons manufacturing and the end result. The less precise the worse the weapon. Both sides learnt that lesson but both sides were forced to compromise.

Sure, barrels need to be precise. But again, this isn't some skill that's beyond the grasp of all but an elite few. I thought you were talking about the machinery itself, as if it's something complicated. There are many people out there quite capable of crafting guns out of their own homes should they be so inclined. And yes, there is a sizable black market for counterfeit AK-47s.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 BluRayHiDef

I don't know why it would just occur to somebody that they should go kill a bunch of innocent people like that. It never makes any sense. Where do they get these sick ideas?

Oh well. Some people are just going to snap. There are 6+ billion of us on the world, even if one out of every 1 million people is a crazy nutjob who wants to kill everything, that still leaves 6000 of them. Out of that 6000, one of them is going to find the means to do something like this.

Wasdie

Do you think that he chose to commit this act during a showing of TDKR because its villain - Bane - is a terrorist? Or do you think he chose TDKR simply because he knew it would be full? I think the former because if the latter were the case, he could have chosen to do this during a showing of Avengers or Prometheus when each of them was released.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

BluRayHiDef

Do you think that he chose to commit this act during a showing of TDKR because its villain - Bane - is a terrorist? Or do you think he chose TDKR simply because he knew it would be full? I think the former because if the latter were the case, he could have chosen to do this during a showing of Avengers or Prometheus when each of them was released.

Why do you keep bringing up this Bane thing? Stop it.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 worlock77

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

mattisgod01

If such things are legal i'd think so. But i'd assume these people are skilled at their craft and if what they were doing became illegal it would make their job very difficult. They are not sitting in a shed bashing together water pipes with a hammer. I'm not saying people couldn't acquire guns illegally, Of course thet could, The idea is to make it harder, The amount the US spend already trying to deal with illegal guns that could easily be purchased legally is futile. Where are all these illegal guns comming from anyway? Are they not simply legal guns that disappear?

I don't know why you have the idea that making something illegal makes it go away. The history of prohibition has shown that never to be the case.

CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 CycleOfViolence

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

BluRayHiDef

Holy sh*t, stop posting.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

[QUOTE="todd2r"]I'm watching the ignorance that is the Today show and they are reporting that this might be Batmans fault. The film is too violent and could have something to do with this moron who decided to open fire on innocent people. JML897

WTF? This could have happened at a midnight showing for any movie. It's not like the guy showed up in the theater, was influenced by the violence on screen, then went home and came back to the theater and started shooting.

What an idiotic thing to say.

Yep. And now Warner bros has decided to cancel the French premiere of the dark knight rises. More cancellations are expected.
tumbIew33d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 tumbIew33d
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

almasdeathchild

if you look on the internet you can figure out how to make a bomb out of house hold material.

and people do it all the time

Wouldn't it be cool if people like these two got caught as a direct result of searching for that kind of info on the net.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 frannkzappa

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

BluRayHiDef

shut up we are trying to have a debate on gun laws.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Sure, barrels need to be precise. But again, this isn't some skill that's beyond the grasp of all but an elite few. I thought you were talking about the machinery itself, as if it's something complicated. There are many people out there quite capable of crafting guns out of their own homes should they be so inclined. And yes, there is a sizable black market for counterfeit AK-47s.

All the truely homemade guns i've seen have not been capable of full-auto fire, Atleast not for long. To make a workable counterfeit AK-47 would be very difficult and time consuming for one person without the right metal working equipment and skill. Even if they managed it they could hardly make then en masse. The point is gun control, Not complete removal. Would atleast making a start to be a good thing? Stop the legal manufacturing and sale and focus on the illegal. Might take decades to see a noticeable difference but atleast it would be a start.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#239 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

BluRayHiDef

It has nothing to do with Bain. How you're even making a connection with Bain and this man is baffling me.

You know, he may have been wanting to do something like this for awhile but he hadn't gotten to the mental state needed to act so rashly. From what I've read, this wasn't necessarily a well thought out plan, especially if he is already in custody. He just have snapped, grabbed some guns and some gas and went shooting. They found the guy in a car and he didn't even resist arrest. Obviously his mind was gone.

This has nothing to do with Bain. Even trying to link it makes you look stupid.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 worlock77

[QUOTE="CycleOfViolence"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

That sh*t cray.

I know, right? That's exactly what I've been saying. What do you think this will go down in history as? "Bane Motivated Assault"?

No, it won't. Now stop being an idiot.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

No, it won't. Now stop being an idiot.

worlock77
you and I both know that it is impossible for him to do so....
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

worlock77

I don't know why you have the idea that making something illegal makes it go away. The history of prohibition has shown that never to be the case.

The US is the biggest supplier if Guns in the world, Prohibition would be more successful for guns as they are harder to manufacutre. It won't make them go away but it will help control the issue. Far too many guns made in America are ending up in the hands of criminals outside the US. If America want's to keep fighting the Drug cartels it would help if they stopped supplying them with weapons.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

It has nothing to do with Bain. How you're even making a connection with Bain and this man is baffling me.

You know, he may have been wanting to do something like this for awhile but he hadn't gotten to the mental state needed to act so rashly. From what I've read, this wasn't necessarily a well thought out plan, especially if he is already in custody. He just have snapped, grabbed some guns and some gas and went shooting. They found the guy in a car and he didn't even resist arrest. Obviously his mind was gone.

• First of all, it's "Bane", not "Bain".
  • Second of all, there is nothing stupid/ irrational about suggesting that this shooting has something to do with Bane because Bane is the villain of the very movie which was being shown in the theater he commited the act in. This theory is just as likely as yours.
  • Thirdly, this sh*t cray.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

mattisgod01

All the truely homemade guns i've seen have not been capable of full-auto fire, Atleast not for long. To make a workable counterfeit AK-47 would be very difficult and time consuming for one person without the right metal working equipment and skill. Even if they managed it they could hardly make then en masse. The point is gun control, Not complete removal. Would atleast making a start to be a good thing? Stop the legal manufacturing and sale and focus on the illegal. Might take decades to see a noticeable difference but atleast it would be a start.

Sure, a person could mass produce guns out of their basement. But they could craft them. Now you do realize, of course, that there are many areas in the world with little to no law enforcement, and that such places have facilities set up by criminal organizations precisely for the manufacturing of black market goods such as guns (and drugs and just about anything else you can think of) right?

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

My Spidey sense is telling me he is trolling...To the Bat Mobile.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 worlock77

Second of all, there is nothing stupid/ irrational about suggesting that this shooting has something to do with Bane because Bane is the villain of the very movie which was being shown in the theater he commited the act in. This theory is just as likely as yours.BluRayHiDef

Yeah, there is and no, it is not.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#247 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

• First of all, it's "Bane", not "Bain".
  • Second of all, there is nothing stupid/ irrational about suggesting that this shooting has something to do with Bane because Bane is the villain of the very movie which was being shown in the theater he commited the act in. This theory is just as likely as yours.
  • Thirdly, this sh*t cray.

dude saying a character in a movie motivated this man to do this is batsh!t insane.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Idiot people blaming this on video games and movies *FACEPALM*
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

It's awesome to see we've focused on the roots of the problem here OT...6 Year olds at Midnight Showings and inanimate objects....good thing we're not holding it against the sick piece of sh*t that did this.....OT....always good for a laugh in the morning...Omni-Slash
it's clearly the movie-goers' faults for being there

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Sure, a person could mass produce guns out of their basement. But they could craft them. Now you do realize, of course, that there are many areas in the world with little to no law enforcement, and that such places have facilities set up by criminal organizations precisely for the manufacturing of black market goods such as guns (and drugs and just about anything else you can think of) right?

I can gaurantee they produce an insignifact number of guns compared to the big manufacturers. Not to mention guns of lesser qaulity and likely more expensive. Why buy guns made by criminals when you can buy them made by state-of-the-art technology by expert? The ATF exists for a reason