News: 71 wounded, 12 killed in midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dr_cosmonaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 dr_cosmonaut
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts
This is some seriously screwed up stuff. These people were just going to the movies to have a good time. I would like to know what reason the shooter had for massacring a bunch of people. Good job to the local police who caughthim.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

If this was done by a Muslim then he would be called a terrorist and people will blame Islam sigh but when someone else do it he is just a psycho you know there are some Muslims who are psycho too.

Kashiwaba

Terrorism is not quite the same thing. A terrorist uses fear to force a political change to their own ideology.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Not sure why everyone is hating on BRHD for saying that the shooter might be inspired by Bane. The guy is obviously a physchopath, who knows what's in his head?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

So, according to your logic it doesn't matter whether 1 person or 1000 people are shot and killed? Good to know where you stand.

mattisgod01

It won't decrease murder. Criminals and psychopaths will always obtain them illegally. It will just start another big market for gangs and organized crime. Some may even result to making there own guns.

Why has it worked in other countries? What makes America different?

Other countries have gun related homicides. Yes even Australia.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

Not sure why everyone is hating on BRHD for saying that the shooter might be inspired by Bane. The guy is obviously a physchopath, who knows what's in his head?

BossPerson
Stop speculating ffs, all it does is spread misinformation. Obama speaking now, and someone posted elsewhere that FBI have said that his apartment is booby trapped.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#307 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

This goes beyond belief. What the hell is the world coming to?!

LJS9502_basic

Not the world, America. These things stopped happening in Australia since the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 when we introduced stict gun laws. But i'm not really in the mood for a debate on guns.

Happens in other countries including Australia. Though Australia requires 4 deaths so they discount that shooting of 7 people in 2002 since only 2 died.

Does such an event event make the news in America? 7 wounded, 2 dead is a bad car accident.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] It won't decrease murder. Criminals and psychopaths will always obtain them illegally. It will just start another big market for gangs and organized crime. Some may even result to making there own guns.LJS9502_basic

Do numbers mean anything to you? Or is 1 and 1000000 all the same?

KingOfLems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 KingOfLems
Member since 2012 • 121 Posts

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] It won't decrease murder. Criminals and psychopaths will always obtain them illegally. It will just start another big market for gangs and organized crime. Some may even result to making there own guns.LJS9502_basic

Last time I checked the countries that have banned firearms have extremely high amounts of violent crime. Remeber, when guns are banned, only lawful citizens turn their firearms in. Those who shoot people and commit other crimes will not turn their firearms in. Those criminals will go on a spree because they know the populace is no longer armed, and thus, not a threat to their safety when commiting crimes.

Obviously google can give you the crime rates in those countries. I'm too lazy to look it up but I believe guns should not be banned but I do think more training should take place.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]sigh..if there is a will there is always a way.... http://news.yahoo.com/deadliest-mass-shootings-around-world-114808608.html

Oh look...it's not just America. mattisgod was wrong....surprise surprise. Not.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 BossPerson
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Ravensmash
Stop speculating ffs, all it does is spread misinformation. Obama speaking now, and someone posted elsewhere that FBI have said that his apartment is booby trapped.

....its just a possibility. Or are you going to be a smart ass and say: No! Its 100% impossible!
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#313 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

BossPerson

people hate him for making threads(i don't see why) but in argument trying to compare the gasmasks and such just didn't sit right with me in the argument.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

BossPerson
Yeah the canadian guy who recently killed and ate another guy definitely was inspired by the American Psycho movie. I have no doubt these type of people can get inspiration from entertainment media to do what they do but from that to suggest that media caused the guy to do it is ridiculous. I mean I watch violent stuff all the time but I will never do something like that. A prerequisite for these type of people is that they are already mentally unstable. The movie or the video game didn't cause his mental instability, that was there from before. It's more productive to focus on the real causes of such mental illnesses. I'm not saying you do, just a general thought.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#315 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

BossPerson
He might be OR he could be wearing a mask because he threw a tear bomb inside the theater. Which one makes more sense to you?
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Where do people keep pulling that BS from anyway? It's nothing but NRA propaganda. The #1 reason people want guns is because they think they are cool. They don't want to have to give away their favourite toys.

65% of homicides in the US are committed using firearms. That's far higher then any other developed country in the world. The US also has the highest rate of gun ownership in the developed world.

http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/news/news/2006/Dec/061214.php

I'm really can't be bothered getting into a gun debate so i'll leave it here.

SpartanMSU

no. from how insane it is in the US people buy them out of fear and paranoia.sure guns are cool but i doubt thats the 1#

What? I have a rifle that I hunt with and target shoot. I'd say that's the main reason people own firearms.

Yes, Because you like to shoot shlt and would hate to give away your favourite toys.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

I find it ironic that a crime like his happened outside a theater showing a BATMAN movie.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#318 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Oh wow that is just horrible.:(

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 kuraimen

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

KingOfLems

Last time I checked the countries that have banned firearms have extremely high amounts of violent crime. Remeber, when guns are banned, only lawful citizens turn their firearms in. Those who shoot people and commit other crimes will not turn their firearms in. Those criminals will go on a spree because they know the populace is no longer armed, and thus, not a threat to their safety when commiting crimes.

Obviously google can give you the crime rates in those countries. I'm too lazy to look it up but I believe guns should not be banned but I do think more training should take place.

Wrong. Japan banned firearms and it's one of the safest countries on Earth. Of course not all countries are going to be the same but that's not true that countries with banned firearms are more violent.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]sigh..if there is a will there is always a way.... http://news.yahoo.com/deadliest-mass-shootings-around-world-114808608.htmlLJS9502_basic
Oh look...it's not just America. mattisgod was wrong....surprise surprise. Not.

More inspired posting from LJ? Those cases date back decades. But again, You have no comprhension of numbers beyond 1. All the same to you.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 BossPerson
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

l4dak47
He might be OR he could be wearing a mask because he threw a tear bomb inside the theater. Which one makes more sense to you?

The second one, but one can say that he wanted cause terror just like Bane does. I agree, the more I look at it, the less likely it seems, but the people ITT are hating on BHRD a bit too much
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#322 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I am still in shock about what on earth made him do that.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#323 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
What the hell... guy's place is booby trapped. Bomb squad and HAZMAT down there, surrounding buildings evacuated... This is exactly what the guy wanted. He wanted to make an impact, cause an event that would make world wide news.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="KingOfLems"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Other countries have gun related homicides. Yes even Australia.kuraimen

Wrong. Japan banned firearms and it's one of the safest countries on Earth. Of course not all countries are going to be the same but that's not true that countries with banned firearms are more violent.

It's just more NRA propaganda. Is gun homicide not considered a violent crime?

People who know very little about other countries believe it, I can assure you, Gun related crimes are very low in Australia. Sure we have the occasional armed hold-up where a gun is involved but they are very rarely used. It's not worth the upgrade in crime for most criminals. Unlike America where everyone owns a gun, Criminals need guns to even the score, They require some self defence also.

frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

[QUOTE="KingOfLems"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Other countries have gun related homicides. Yes even Australia.kuraimen

japan.. safe LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
Whats up with these cowards running into schools, buildings, shopping centers, movie theaters, etc and shooting scores of innocent people for NO REASON? Its not like these guys are robbing people or the place for money, food, drugs, turf, SOME FREAKING THING!!! This is just senseless killing done by some devilish thinking punk, who probably grew up spoil and was bored, jealous and miserable. Its the only thing I can think of that will drive these little pricks into doing these heinous acts. Fake wannabe badasses. smh
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="KingOfLems"]

frannkzappa

:| Look at the crime statistics. Or better yet, go there and see for yourself.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#328 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

This goes beyond belief. What the hell is the world coming to?!

LJS9502_basic

Not the world, America. These things stopped happening in Australia since the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 when we introduced stict gun laws. But i'm not really in the mood for a debate on guns.

Happens in other countries including Australia. Though Australia requires 4 deaths so they discount that shooting of 7 people in 2002 since only 2 died.

These sensationalized mass shootings have happened elsewhere. There was just recently that horrible incident in Norway. However, the bigger issue with gun deaths isnt mass shootings. You have more chance of being eaten by a great white shark than being killed in one of these horrible events. The bigger issue with guns is the regular crime - gang related shootings, drug related shootings, domestic homicides, etc. That's the problem in the US and that's what the discussion should be centered on.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#329 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Whoa. Real bad news. This guy is nuts. 14 dead is a lot of people.

Think I heard 50 people were injured. He knew what he was doing. Luckily hes not dead though.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 almasdeathchild

Whats up with these cowards running into schools, buildings, shopping centers, movie theaters, etc and shooting scores of innocent people for NO REASON? Its not like these guys are robbing people or the place for money, food, drugs, turf, SOME FREAKING THING!!! This is just senseless killing done by some devilish thinking punk, who probably grew up spoil and was bored, jealous and miserable. Its the only thing I can think of that will drive these little pricks into doing these heinous acts. Fake wannabe badasses. smh bnarmz
the human brain is still a mistery.and i don't think we may ever know what motivates one or all people to do this for that matter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
[QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Wrong. Japan banned firearms and it's one of the safest countries on Earth. Of course not all countries are going to be the same but that's not true that countries with banned firearms are more violent.kuraimen

Japan certainly is safer, but I dont know if you can attribute all that directly to its gun laws. Im sure there are lots of other factors that contribute to it. I certainly think the easy access to guns can increase homicides, but it's one of many factors.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#333 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

Was gonna say something, but noticed the TC can't count.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 kuraimen

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]Whats up with these cowards running into schools, buildings, shopping centers, movie theaters, etc and shooting scores of innocent people for NO REASON? Its not like these guys are robbing people or the place for money, food, drugs, turf, SOME FREAKING THING!!! This is just senseless killing done by some devilish thinking punk, who probably grew up spoil and was bored, jealous and miserable. Its the only thing I can think of that will drive these little pricks into doing these heinous acts. Fake wannabe badasses. smh almasdeathchild

the human brain is still a mistery.and i don't think we may ever know what motivates one or all people to do this for that matter

Even if we don't know the exact reasons. I think we have enough knowledge now of the brain and social structures to understand what's going on in general.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

sonicare

Japan certainly is safer, but I dont know if you can attribute all that directly to its gun laws. Im sure there are lots of other factors that contribute to it. I certainly think the easy access to guns can increase homicides, but it's one of many factors.

Yeah I agree there are probably more factors involved. I was just refuting his claim that countries with banned guns are more dangerous.
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]When I said to expect this movie to make a killing opening week I didn't mean this.Iszdope

D!ck.

Did you lose someone important in this? If not stop being so sensitive. Sure it's sad but we can't all cry about it. Or are you just trolling...?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]Whats up with these cowards running into schools, buildings, shopping centers, movie theaters, etc and shooting scores of innocent people for NO REASON? Its not like these guys are robbing people or the place for money, food, drugs, turf, SOME FREAKING THING!!! This is just senseless killing done by some devilish thinking punk, who probably grew up spoil and was bored, jealous and miserable. Its the only thing I can think of that will drive these little pricks into doing these heinous acts. Fake wannabe badasses. smh kuraimen

Even if we don't know the exact reasons. I think we have enough knowledge now of the brain and social structures to understand what's going on in general.

There are some personality disorders such as antisocial personality disorder where people lack empathy. Thus, they dont value others and look at them merely as objects. That kind of mentality can lead to events such as this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] :| Look at the crime statistics. Or better yet, go there and see for yourself.

Yeah I agree there are probably more factors involved. I was just refuting his claim that countries with banned guns are more dangerous.

Yes, I will agree with that. The presence of firearms will more likely result in their use. That's a no-brainer. I've never bought the argument that legal firearms makes a place safer. It's an issue of personal rights not safety.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#340 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Another killing spree brought to you from the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#341 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
When I said to expect this movie to make a killing opening week I didn't mean this.SteverXIII
there was a shooting at the midnight premier of Dark Knight Rises in Colorado. Now, I realize the movie was good..but it ain't nothing to die over.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]Whats up with these cowards running into schools, buildings, shopping centers, movie theaters, etc and shooting scores of innocent people for NO REASON? Its not like these guys are robbing people or the place for money, food, drugs, turf, SOME FREAKING THING!!! This is just senseless killing done by some devilish thinking punk, who probably grew up spoil and was bored, jealous and miserable. Its the only thing I can think of that will drive these little pricks into doing these heinous acts. Fake wannabe badasses. smh kuraimen

we can form somthing around it. but using music and video games as scapegoats is a no go.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"] :| Look at the crime statistics. Or better yet, go there and see for yourself.

One word...Ninjas....
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="frannkzappa"]

sonicare

There a many more factors to consider, However, How many incidents of serious assault etc have turned into homicide due to the easy accessibility of guns? Guns are too lethal a weapon to have laying around everywhere. What would otherwise be serious injury can result in death because the person used a weapon very efficient at killing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 LJS9502_basic

mattisgod01

Does such an event event make the news in America? 7 wounded, 2 dead is a bad car accident.

Yes. It's always best when someone knows nothing about a country that they don't assume they know how it works. Hint Hint. Nonetheless your statement was in error. Those who want to commit heinous crimes will find a way to obtain the weapon. IN ANY COUNTRY.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Scarebaby

Banning guns won't work...

Banning guns won't lessen the people getting shot to death each year? Excuse me while I call BS.

I'm sure it'd lessen your everyday gun crimes. You know, the types that people don't really talk about since it's an everyday fact of life. Wouldn't lessen massacres like this, though.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 LJS9502_basic

mattisgod01

Do numbers mean anything to you? Or is 1 and 1000000 all the same?

Sorry dude. A gunman shot up some people in Australia after 1996. Not my fault you were given information that your prior statement was wrong.
SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
Now, I realize the movie was good..but it ain't nothing to die over.l4dak47
At least the opening night went off with a bang.
frannkzappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 frannkzappa
Member since 2012 • 3003 Posts

japan has a huge problem with reporting crime so the statistic is much higher. there are also many areas in japan were crimes go on with no involvement of the police or government.

the yakuza is scary as all hell. they have an EXTREMELY apathetic government that couldn't care less about health regulations. they have a biased legal system which targets immigrants. they dont keep violent criminals locked very long and the entire country is being slowly destabilized by their already unstable government.

i have been to japan, Tokyo and the country side is fine any other big city just doesn't seem to give a fuk whether you get murdered or not.

ps i was mugged there twice in okinowa. both by what i assume were yakuza or some other gang.

pps dont get me started on the roaming biker gangs that go around breaking things and beating people up.