News: 71 wounded, 12 killed in midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#251 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

It has nothing to do with Bain. How you're even making a connection with Bain and this man is baffling me.

You know, he may have been wanting to do something like this for awhile but he hadn't gotten to the mental state needed to act so rashly. From what I've read, this wasn't necessarily a well thought out plan, especially if he is already in custody. He just have snapped, grabbed some guns and some gas and went shooting. They found the guy in a car and he didn't even resist arrest. Obviously his mind was gone.

This has nothing to do with Bain. Even trying to link it makes you look stupid.

almasdeathchild

• First of all, it's "Bane", not "Bain".
  • Second of all, there is nothing stupid/ irrational about suggesting that this shooting has something to do with Bane because Bane is the villain of the very movie which was being shown in the theater he commited the act in. This theory is just as likely as yours.
  • Thirdly, this sh*t cray.

dude saying a character in a movie motivated this man to do this is batsh!t insane.

He wore a gas mask. Bane wears a gas mask. What more of a connection do you need?

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#252 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

• Second of all, there is nothing stupid/ irrational about suggesting that this shooting has something to do with Bane because Bane is the villain of the very movie which was being shown in the theater he commited the act in. This theory is just as likely as yours.

BluRayHiDef

dude saying a character in a movie motivated this man to do this is batsh!t insane.

He wore a gas mask. Bane wears a gas mask. What more of a connection do you need?

omfg......i don't have words for this

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#253 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
That's terrible. Completely senseless and sad. Also, why was there a 3 month old in the theater?
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]dude saying a character in a movie motivated this man to do this is batsh!t insane.

almasdeathchild

That's because it's an irrefutable argument.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#255 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

Maybe the guy was sick?
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"]sigh..if there is a will there is always a way.... http://news.yahoo.com/deadliest-mass-shootings-around-world-114808608.htmlOmni-Slash

? April 28, 1996: Martin Bryant, 29, bursts into cafeteria in seaside resort of Port Arthur in Tasmania, Australia, shooting 20 people to death. Driving away, he kills 15 others. He was captured and imprisoned.

We introduced strict gun laws after that and it has never happened since. 16 years without a single mass shooting. How many has the US had this year?

oopsie... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_mass_murders

lol I only see one mass death occuring after 1996 and even that was caused by Arson, not guns... Fail?

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

That's because it's an irrefutable argument.

maybe he wanted to hide himself? and didnt i read that he throw smoke bombs or tear gas in the theatre before he opend fire?

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

BluRayHiDef

He had tear gas. Please stop being stupid, or can mods get rid of this guys posting ability for a while.
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
Hmm. That's only a 1 - 2 hour drive from me. It makes you wonder why someone would be messed up enough to do something like that.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]dude saying a character in a movie motivated this man to do this is batsh!t insane.

Ravensmash

He had tear gas. Please stop being stupid, or can mods get rid of this guys posting ability for a while.

• I'm not breaking any rules. I'm simply asserting an unpopular opinion.
  • Perhaps he wanted to have a reason for wearing the mask. Since he doesn't have a problem with his lungs like Bane does, he probably figured that he needed to come up with a real reason for wearing a mask.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

It has nothing to do with Bain. How you're even making a connection with Bain and this man is baffling me.

You know, he may have been wanting to do something like this for awhile but he hadn't gotten to the mental state needed to act so rashly. From what I've read, this wasn't necessarily a well thought out plan, especially if he is already in custody. He just have snapped, grabbed some guns and some gas and went shooting. They found the guy in a car and he didn't even resist arrest. Obviously his mind was gone.

This has nothing to do with Bain. Even trying to link it makes you look stupid.

almasdeathchild

Not really, murderers have said in the past that certain movies and games caused them to do what they did, like that kid that smashed his friend's skull in with a claw hammer after playing Manhunt constantly, whether they're telling the truth or not...who knows?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Of all the people unbanned why did BRHD have to be amongst them?

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Obviously_Right

Not really, murderers have said in the past that certain movies and games caused them to do what they did, like that kid that smashed his friend's skull in with a claw hammer after playing Manhunt constantly, whether they're telling the truth or not...who knows?

see i get that. but the way blu ray goes about it. just sounds idk blah.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Obviously_Right

That's a perfect example. It would be funny if it is revealed that my theory is correct.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#266 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

How is this not the more productive direction? Do you want us to all hold a midnight mass for the victims? Maybe we could grab torches and pitchforks and hunt the guy down? What happened happened and nothing we say or do will change that. It's tragic, But so is the world. Just crawling into a self loathing ball and crying about it doesn't help. Prevention is more important. You know as well as i do this sort of shlt will happen many times before the year is out. Either keep acting like it's the worst thing in the world or sort the fvcking problem out.

An Atomic bomb is an inanimate object, Let's just hand them out while we're at it.

mattisgod01

Maybe you can start by taking out the guys with machine guns in your sig.

They are Members of TAG-West, An Elite Counter-Terrorist Force Comprised of SASR soldiers. If i was to remove them who would stop my Avatar?

Your avatar is just imaginary. If you are so concerned about violence, shouldnt you remove those aspects of your sig and avatar that seem to promote/glorify it?
SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]That'd be one hell of an achievement. mattisgod01

You never heard of people making homemade guns? Do you people get out much?

I'd like to see someone manufacture homemade guns capable of injuring 50+ people and killing 14+.

Any weapon is capable of that...

Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

Gunman identified

James Holmes, 24.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#269 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

It's all over the news. Just downright terrible. I can't wrap my head around this. Like... why?! Seriously. What is wrong with people today? This is very sad.

R.I.P. those poor innocent people.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
My heart goes out to the victims and their families. So sad.
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#272 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

Gunman identified

James Holmes, 24.

CycleOfViolence

This shocks me even more. How broken must your life be to get to this point? As such an age, nobody should go mental like that.

ArthurFCB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 ArthurFCB
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
What a bizarre and silly thing to do.
SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] I want to see how banning guns would prevent anyone from committing mass murder. Banning guns will only increase crime.almasdeathchild

Where do people keep pulling that BS from anyway? It's nothing but NRA propaganda. The #1 reason people want guns is because they think they are cool. They don't want to have to give away their favourite toys.

65% of homicides in the US are committed using firearms. That's far higher then any other developed country in the world. The US also has the highest rate of gun ownership in the developed world.

http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/news/news/2006/Dec/061214.php

I'm really can't be bothered getting into a gun debate so i'll leave it here.

no. from how insane it is in the US people buy them out of fear and paranoia.sure guns are cool but i doubt thats the 1#

What? I have a rifle that I hunt with and target shoot. I'd say that's the main reason people own firearms.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="CycleOfViolence"]

Gunman identified

James Holmes, 24.

Amster_G

This shocks me even more. How broken must your life be to get to this point? As such an age, nobody should go mental like that.

I'm 23 and I'm on the edge. I can understand why this man snapped, though I don't condone what he did. Sometimes you feel as if society is kicking you in the face, as if everyone and their mother hates you. So you eventually develop a misanthropic attitude and fantisize about mass murder.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
One of the victims, apparently she made it out from another shooting spree and wrote a blog about it only to get killed now. Talk about bad luck. https://twitter.com/jessicaredfield
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

While it's insensible to think about it right now, I wonder how this will affect the movie's amount of expectators in the long-run. All the effort put in the US towards public safety and yet still feels like those things are completely random and altogether unavoidable by any security apparatus.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 BluRayHiDef

One of the victims, apparently she made it out from another shooting spree and wrote a blog about it only to get killed now. Talk about bad luck. https://twitter.com/jessicaredfieldkuraimen

Damn, son. That sh*t cray. Real talk.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Where do people keep pulling that BS from anyway? It's nothing but NRA propaganda. The #1 reason people want guns is because they think they are cool. They don't want to have to give away their favourite toys.

65% of homicides in the US are committed using firearms. That's far higher then any other developed country in the world. The US also has the highest rate of gun ownership in the developed world.

http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/news/news/2006/Dec/061214.php

I'm really can't be bothered getting into a gun debate so i'll leave it here.

SpartanMSU

no. from how insane it is in the US people buy them out of fear and paranoia.sure guns are cool but i doubt thats the 1#

What? I have a rifle that I hunt with and target shoot. I'd say that's the main reason people own firearms.

that i don't doubt.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]The problem is a mixture of individualism and selfishness. Societies today glorify the individual and pretend people should just care for themselves and disregard everybody else. This is just the extreme consequence of such mentality. If we created societies where we taught people to care for each other and be empathic rather than competitive and selfish maybe this kind of things would happen less but our twisted mentality of how the world works makes it a twisted world with twisted people all over the place.SpartanMSU

What's it like being retarded?

It's not my problem that you're incapable of critical thinking. Some people don't develop such capacities.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#282 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

dam

he must didn't make it in the movie

rejected.png

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 BluRayHiDef

While it's insensible to think about it right now, I wonder how this will affect the movie's amount of expectators in the long-run. All the effort put in the US towards public safety and yet still feels like those things are completely random and altogether unavoidable by any security apparatus.

Masculus

As long as our current erroneous interpretation of the 2nd Amendment stands, our efforts to counteract terrorism will remain futile.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#284 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]One of the victims, apparently she made it out from another shooting spree and wrote a blog about it only to get killed now. Talk about bad luck. https://twitter.com/jessicaredfield

She survived and witnessed the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting that happened here last month ... it's eerie that she died last night because of some lunatic at a the movies.
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]One of the victims, apparently she made it out from another shooting spree and wrote a blog about it only to get killed now. Talk about bad luck. https://twitter.com/jessicaredfieldHaziqonfire
She survived and witnessed the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting that happened here last month ... it's eerie that she died last night because of some lunatic at a the movies.

Sounds like something out of a Final Destination movie.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]One of the victims, apparently she made it out from another shooting spree and wrote a blog about it only to get killed now. Talk about bad luck. https://twitter.com/jessicaredfieldBluRayHiDef

sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. this be one of them

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#288 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]One of the victims, apparently she made it out from another shooting spree and wrote a blog about it only to get killed now. Talk about bad luck. https://twitter.com/jessicaredfieldBluRayHiDef

... Stay classy, GameSpot.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Iszdope

Would you freaks kindly piss off?

Cheers in advance.

Show some fvcking respect.

don't get your panties in a twist

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] She survived and witnessed the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting that happened here last month ... it's eerie that she died last night because of some lunatic at a the movies. Haziqonfire

... Stay classy, GameSpot.

What I said was inappropriate?

Avatar image for LstDrivenMchine
LstDrivenMchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 LstDrivenMchine
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

unbelievable. the only way it could be any more senseless is if they reveal that Stan Lee was the guy behind the gas mask.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#293 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
This thread is filled with stupid posts. [spoiler] inb4 someone claims this is a stupid post [/spoiler]
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 kuraimen

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] She survived and witnessed the Toronto Eaton Centre shooting that happened here last month ... it's eerie that she died last night because of some lunatic at a the movies. almasdeathchild

Truth is always stranger than fiction. Truth, of course, must of necessity be stranger than fiction; for we have made fiction to suit ourselves. G. K. Chesterton
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="SpartanMSU"]

What's it like being retarded?

SpartanMSU

It's not my problem that you're incapable of critical thinking. Some people don't develop such capacities.

Says the guy who only regurgitates what he reads. That's not criticial thinking, retard.

At least I read...
MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts
that terrorist is not a muslim
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#297 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

sad

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#298 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
OMG... my friend in Germany who used to live in my area just called me to make sure I was ok... I just learned about this. I used to go this theater all the time. The hell... :(
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

This goes beyond belief. What the hell is the world coming to?!

mattisgod01

Not the world, America. These things stopped happening in Australia since the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 when we introduced stict gun laws. But i'm not really in the mood for a debate on guns.

Happens in other countries including Australia. Though Australia requires 4 deaths so they discount that shooting of 7 people in 2002 since only 2 died.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

This is one of the worst threads ever, thanks in large part to BRHD