News: 71 wounded, 12 killed in midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

You're right. Which means that only criminals will bother getting guns, and your neighbors will go without. How do you not see the significance of this? The fewer people who carry guns the less people will get shot to death.

Scarebaby

I don't see the significance.

So, according to your logic it doesn't matter whether 1 person or 1000 people are shot and killed? Good to know where you stand.

It won't decrease murder. Criminals and psychopaths will always obtain them illegally. It will just start another big market for gangs and organized crime. Some may even result to making there own guns.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#103 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
That's horrible. :[
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#104 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] I don't see the significance. Jebus213

So, according to your logic it doesn't matter whether 1 person or 1000 people are shot and killed? Good to know where you stand.

It won't decrease murder. Criminals and psychopaths will always obtain them illegally. It will just start another big market for gangs and organized crime. Some may even result to making there own guns.

Why has it worked in other countries? What makes America different?

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]you don't know them and isnt affected you. no need to get upset or lose sleep over it

almasdeathchild

Piss off.

Edit: Post #96 again!

stuff like this happens everyday and one hits it big and people cry over it. no no,not like anything bad is happening in africa oh god no. it's all sunshine and butterflys. no one cares what is happening over there. but when it comes to this or the tsunami in japan,everyone lost their freaking minds.

honestly i can say it sucks and it's sad but it's not bugging me and i wont lose sleep over it.

Do you need to make a comment like that? If it's not bugging you then leave the thread and allow discussion between those who are genuinely interested. I'm not sure what relevancy Africa has with a shooting in Colorado a few hours ago...

I heard that the death toll has been downsized to 12, not sure if it's been confirmed.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Some may even result to making there own guns.Jebus213

That'd be one hell of an achievement. We need less stupid people around.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#107 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Crazy.

Dem gun laws.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 N30F3N1X

Do you need to make a comment like that? If it's not bugging you then leave the thread and allow discussion between those who are genuinely interested. I'm not sure what relevancy Africa has with a shooting in Colorado a few hours ago...Ravensmash

You're just pretending to be interested. Give it a week and you won't even remember where it happened anymore.

Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 Scarebaby
Member since 2008 • 1273 Posts

mattisgod01

Exactly. Thank you.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#110 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

Piss off.

Edit: Post #96 again!

Ravensmash

stuff like this happens everyday and one hits it big and people cry over it. no no,not like anything bad is happening in africa oh god no. it's all sunshine and butterflys. no one cares what is happening over there. but when it comes to this or the tsunami in japan,everyone lost their freaking minds.

honestly i can say it sucks and it's sad but it's not bugging me and i wont lose sleep over it.

Do you need to make a comment like that? If it's not bugging you then leave the thread and allow discussion between those who are genuinely interested. I'm not sure what relevancy Africa has with a shooting in Colorado a few hours ago...

I heard that the death toll has been downsized to 12, not sure if it's been confirmed.

it's not but i enjoy conversation. though i'm shocked it's a movie theatre of all things i'll give you that.

but lets hope it's been downsized.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="Scarebaby"]

mattisgod01

It's worked in other countries? That's news to me.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Do you need to make a comment like that? If it's not bugging you then leave the thread and allow discussion between those who are genuinely interested. I'm not sure what relevancy Africa has with a shooting in Colorado a few hours ago...N30F3N1X

You're just pretending to be interested. Give it a week and you won't even remember where it happened anymore.

Are you looking out for me or something? Go away.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 N30F3N1X

Are you looking out for me or something? Go away.Ravensmash

I'm genuinely interested in knowing why would anyone other than the people who were present, their families and their friends be interested in said mishappening to the point of calling out humorous remarks. You're just unlucky to be the only one around "showing empathy".

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Some may even result to making there own guns.N30F3N1X

That'd be one hell of an achievement.

You never heard of people making homemade guns? Do you people get out much?

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Are you looking out for me or something? Go away.N30F3N1X

I'm genuinely interested in knowing why would anyone other than the people who were present, their families and their friends be interested in said mishappening to the point of calling out humorous remarks. You're just unlucky to be the only one around "showing empathy".

Do you wonder why people watch the news? After all, I watch it and half those stories are miles away from me - guess I shouldn't give a **** and laugh about poor Miss Bloggs being raped, I didn't know her so that's fine! I'll just sit back and make a few jokes, what she doesn't hear won't hurt her !

That's your argument right? ^ a childish one

Yeah, I made one comment towards a link stating that it wasn't as appropriate as the poster believed considering how soon it is after an event, and you've latched on to a simple remark as though you're offended by my 'censorship!'. Apologies though, I must learn to be more cold and practise my internet persona better.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Some may even result to making there own guns.Jebus213

That'd be one hell of an achievement.

I'd like to see someone manufacture homemade guns capable of injuring 50+ people and killing 14+.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]That'd be one hell of an achievement. mattisgod01

I'd like to see someone manufacture homemade guns capable of injuring 50+ people and killing 14+.

probably fall apart after the first shot, heh people would likely turn to knives, like we've seen here in Britain unfortunately
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Are you looking out for me or something? Go away.Ravensmash

Do you wonder why people watch the news? After all, I watch it and half those stories are miles away from me - guess I shouldn't give a **** and laugh about poor Miss Bloggs being raped, I didn't know her so that's fine! I'll just sit back and make a few jokes, what she doesn't hear won't hurt her !

Yeah, I made one comment towards a link stating that it wasn't as appropriate as the poster believed considering how soon it is after an event, and you've latched on to a simple remark as though you're offended by my 'censorship!'. Apologies though, I must learn to be more cold and practise my internet persona better.

to know whats going on in the world? anyway you're on the internet and i wouldn't take anything anyone here says too seriously.my two cents

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]That'd be one hell of an achievement. mattisgod01

I want to see how banning guns would prevent anyone from committing mass murder. Illegal arms dealers will be filthy rich. Banning guns will only increase crime.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] You never heard of people making homemade guns? Do you people get out much?

Ravensmash

probably fall apart after the first shot, heh people would likely turn to knives, like we've seen here in Britain unfortunately

I'd rather meet a lunatic with a knife then a gun.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 MirkoS77  Online
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Are you looking out for me or something? Go away.N30F3N1X

I think it has more to do with respect to the victims than anything else. What else could it be? I don't see a big deal about it, but can understand why it bothers some people.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

almasdeathchild

to know whats going on in the world? anyway you're on the internet and i wouldn't take anything anyone here says too seriously.my two cents

Well yeah, but then that's my point - the internet doesn't exclude the opportunity to have a reasonable discussion about something. I did over-react somewhat with that link, but I just find it odd how I was called out for caring about what was going on - as though this is a bad thing all of a sudden, when actually it's the expected reaction to such a situation.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] You never heard of people making homemade guns? Do you people get out much?

Jebus213

I want to see how banning guns would prevent anyone from committing mass murder. Banning guns will only increase crime.

Increase crime? Explain how that would happen
Scarebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 Scarebaby
Member since 2008 • 1273 Posts

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Jebus213

I want to see how banning guns would prevent anyone from committing mass murder. Illegal arms dealers will be filthy rich. Banning guns will only increase crime.

No one is saying that banning guns would PREVENT murder, we're saying it would LESSEN the amount of murders being committed. Is English not your first language?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

mattisgod01

I'd rather be the law abiding citizen with the gun.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Scarebaby

No one is saying that banning guns would PREVENT murder, we're saying it would LESSEN the amount of murders being committed. Is English not your first language?

It won't lessen anything. People will find ways.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Jebus213
I wonder what you people are going say next..... Has prohibition worked all of a sudden?
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

This is like reason #1 why you don't go to these movie openings anymore.

If people are crazy enough to get dressed up like Batman, you know there 1 or 2 out there who are REALLY messed up and looking to go Postal.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"] Do you wonder why people watch the news? After all, I watch it and half those stories are miles away from me - guess I shouldn't give a **** and laugh about poor Miss Bloggs being raped, I didn't know her so that's fine! I'll just sit back and make a few jokes, what she doesn't hear won't hurt her !

Ravensmash

Well yeah, but then that's my point - the internet doesn't exclude the opportunity to have a reasonable discussion about something. I did over-react somewhat with that link, but I just find it odd how I was called out for caring about what was going on - as though this is a bad thing all of a sudden, when actually it's the expected reaction to such a situation.

it's different these days as people may say it's sad and have some respect for it. there are also those that don't care it isnt a new thing.

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

Came precisely to post this news.

RIP.

ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

This is like reason #1 why you don't go to these movie openings anymore.

If people are crazy enough to get dressed up like Batman, you know there 1 or 2 out there who are REALLY messed up and looking to go Postal.

Netherscourge
Agree. My wife purchased two tickets that can be used anytime. We were thinking about going next week or so. Though i think we may just give them away. Don't know how comfortable I feel going now. Also think of the other nuts out there that may attempt the same thing. I'll just wait until it releases on blu-ray which therese days is happening sooner than later.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 N30F3N1X

Ravensmash

Would you rather cry over spilled milk or be realist by acknowledging that you're not willing to do anything about it, and move on?

I can totally see who's the childish one here.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#136 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts
Thats going to effect TDKR's sales. They just lost thousands of dollars in sales.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

Jebus213

I want to see how banning guns would prevent anyone from committing mass murder. Banning guns will only increase crime.

Where do people keep pulling that BS from anyway? It's nothing but NRA propaganda. The #1 reason people want guns is because they think they are cool. They don't want to have to give away their favourite toys.

65% of homicides in the US are committed using firearms. That's far higher then any other developed country in the world. The US also has the highest rate of gun ownership in the developed world.

http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/news/news/2006/Dec/061214.php

I'm really can't be bothered getting into a gun debate so i'll leave it here.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"] probably fall apart after the first shot, heh people would likely turn to knives, like we've seen here in Britain unfortunatelyJebus213

I'd rather be the law abiding citizen with the gun.

Tell that to those movie goers, I bet you'd be their hero and save the day.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 almasdeathchild

mattisgod01

Where do people keep pulling that BS from anyway? It's nothing but NRA propaganda. The #1 reason people want guns is because they think they are cool. They don't want to have to give away their favourite toys.

65% of homicides in the US are committed using firearms. That's far higher then any other developed country in the world. The US also has the highest rate of gun ownership in the developed world.

no. from how insane it is in the US people buy them out of fear and paranoia.sure guns are cool but i doubt thats the 1#

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Ravensmash

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Do you wonder why people watch the news? After all, I watch it and half those stories are miles away from me - guess I shouldn't give a **** and laugh about poor Miss Bloggs being raped, I didn't know her so that's fine! I'll just sit back and make a few jokes, what she doesn't hear won't hurt her !

N30F3N1X

Would you rather cry over spilled milk or be realist by acknowledging that you're not willing to do anything about it, and move on?

I can totally see who's the childish one here.

How can I do anything about it? That doesn't mean I can't show respect for the victims or feel bad about the event and follow it - that's a ridiculously isolated viewpoint. And I don't think 50 people being shot (including a 3 month old baby and children) warrants the term 'spilled milk'. C'mon dude. As I've said, you latched on to a comment I made and tried to twist it into a negative.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Oh f*ck off, apologies for having empathy towards a mass shooting as if empathy is somehow a bad thing to showN30F3N1X

You're not "showing empathy", you're b!tching about humor.

That wasn'thumor, just pure spite.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 mattisgod01

I wonder what you people are going say next..... Has prohibition worked all of a sudden?Jebus213

Prohibition on Alchohol failed because it could be easily manufacutred. Guns on the other hand can't. The US is the #1 weapons supplier in the world. Mexico banned all sales of guns, Guess where the Cartels get theirs? That's right, Made in the USA.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Jebus213

mattisgod01

and will continue to remain at 65% if guns where banned.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 N30F3N1X

How can I do anything about it? That doesn't mean I can't show respect for the victims or feel bad about the event and follow it - that's a ridiculously isolated viewpoint. And I don't think 50 people being shot (including a 3 month old baby and children) warrants the term 'spilled milk'. C'mon dude. As I've said, you latched on to a comment I made and tried to twist it into a negative. Ravensmash

I didn't twist anything, it *was* a negative. Nobody here feels good about what happened. You think being humorous is meant to disrespect the victims?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]I wonder what you people are going say next..... Has prohibition worked all of a sudden?mattisgod01

Prohibition on Alchohol failed because it could be easily manufacutred. Guns on the other hand can't. The US is the #1 weapons supplier in the world. Mexico banned all sales of guns, Guess where the Cartels get theirs? That's right, Made in the USA.

Then they shouldn't have banned all sales of guns.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 mattisgod01

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] I want to see how banning guns would prevent anyone from committing mass murder. Banning guns will only increase crime.almasdeathchild

no. from how insane it is in the US people buy them out of fear and paranoia.sure guns are cool but i doubt thats the 1#

The way people go on about their guns i'm pretty sure it is. How could people in a first world country be so affraid and paranoid? Has their society completely collapsed? Or are they worried that it soon might?

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

mattisgod01

The way people go on about their guns i'm pretty sure it is. How could people in a first world country be so affraid and paranoid? Has their society completely collapsed? Or are they worried that it soon might?

gangs violence breakins kills rapes. all happen in a first world country. it isnt sunshine and butterflys over here.