mmm greetings OT tell me your politics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Also, how can you not limit marriage to the church, if it's solely for God?

That throws me off a little.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

You are a liberal Cosmopolitan. 4 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 23 percent are more extremist than you.

chessmaster1989

Haha I'm more extremist than you. What now?

We lock up radical extremists indefinitely for not conforming to our arbitrarily accepted social norms. Sorry, bro. :(

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Well, you fed the troll. The damage is done.

Ilovegames1992

I'm sorry I fed the liberal trolls.

You have an avatar of Jesus man. He's probably spinning on his cross right now. :(

Fun fact: That's actually how geothermal power works. Christian "persecution" causes them to move more to the right which causes Jesus to spin faster creating more power to be exploited in an ecologically friendly manner.
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]Rofl chill bro. I said nowt about your actions. Just that it's ridiculous that you believe in your deluded opinions enough to actually feel like everyone should adhere to them.

Whether it's being against gay marriage or pro female circumcision enforcing something on someone because of a religious doctrine is simply laughable.Philokalia

But I'm obviously on par with a Jihadist who keeps women from being educated, wants to circumsise them, forces them to be in a head scarf and subjugates them and beats them right? Please take a good hard look at yourself and what you have actually said. Seriously go to your bathroom, look at the mirror and say "What have I become."

Why the fuсk should I do that? You're the one who needs to reassess their outlook.

On the one hand - stop women being educated. On the other - stop homosexuals marrying. It's two sides of the same 'because God' coin, bro.

I, on the other hand, am less extreme than 92% of people who took the politics test *shrugs* People can do whatever the hell they want to to themselves as long as they're not being a holier-than-thou big-mouth and all up in my face about it.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#155 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

You are a liberal Cosmopolitan. 4 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 23 percent are more extremist than you.

coolbeans90

Haha I'm more extremist than you. What now?

We lock up radical extremists indefinitely for not conforming to our arbitrarily accepted social norms. Sorry, bro. :(

Well f*ck

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]"Resources have to be managed by society"Ace6301

I believe that means "public" control of resources via public intuitions, thereby indicating gov't control, as opposed to private control.

I took it to mean society has to carefully manage resources in an environmental/non-renewable sense. And society as the whole of society.

The context of the statement didn't quite trigger that response from me. I WOULD SAY THAT I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG, BUT THAT WOULD BE A LIE.

i could be wrong, though.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

And I can believe I have a hot bod, doesnt make it true though.

Repeating that you are not what others accuse of you of being after they've demonstrated it, isnt really convincing to anyone. But who knows maybe that kind of tactics are concing to God so you may have hit the jackpot there.

Philokalia

I cannot but help feel the irony here. The basic argument here is that I do not believe in equal rights because I am denying homosexuals the "right" to marry whom they love. Now we need to consider what is marrage in the first place? IN my mind marraige does not only take up love, if love was the only qualifier a man could marry his lawnmower (owe), Dog (eww) and seven women (no just no). Now ultimately we cannot form an argument in of itself that marriage should include the two of the same genders. its a pure appeal to emotion by everyone here tonight. We live in a democratic society ( I hope so) so ultimately it is for the people to decide. This sort of rhetoric of rights or not doesn't seem fruitful to this discussion. Nor does equating me with Islamic terrorists (which we all know must be true because an internet fundy said it) help.

You didnt even understand my post did you...

The incosistency I pointed out was the objection you have towards marriage including same-sex marriage because it doesnt follow the God-given definition of marriage, while at the same time you're ok with secular marriage even though it too defies the God-given definition of marriage in many ways.

The conclusion is, religion is a half-as$ed reasoning when in reality the issue is cultural and specifically about how individuals deal with cultural/societal changes. You have no objection to secular marriage because it has been around for a long time and all people are used to it. And you have a problem with same-sex marriage because it's a new thing. Religion just provides with some pseudo-arguments to defend your intransigence.

As for your post: we're obviously not talking about any kind of love. Either you're too dense to realise this or you're purposefully misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'll pick the later so that I dont offend you.

Just because an argument takes emotions into consideration doesnt mean the whole argument is an appeal to emotion. You're misusing the term "appeal to emotion".

Then why did you bother for so many posts to defend your opinion if it's ultimately up for the people to decide? How did that suddenly become relevant?

What amuses me is that people who share your views wouldnt be so quick to resort to "democracy" if they knew that the vast majority of people actively support same-sex rights including same sex marriage. They would go on arguing for hours on end because that's all they'd be able to do.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

I believe that means "public" control of resources via public intuitions, thereby indicating gov't control, as opposed to private control.

coolbeans90

I took it to mean society has to carefully manage resources in an environmental/non-renewable sense. And society as the whole of society.

The context of the statement didn't quite trigger that response from me. I WOULD SAY THAT I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG, BUT THAT WOULD BE A LIE.

i could be wrong, though.

I think we've hit an impasse here then as I'm NEVER WRONG.

Then again I could be equally as wrong as you are.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 coolbeans90

Only 23% are more extremist than me, so they'll prob get me too. :/

chessmaster1989

I put neutral on that one because I wasn't sure whether "by society" meant government or private sector. >_>

Also, here be glitches...

chessmaster1989

For some reason, when I read "society", I tend to think gov't control, but it was a wee bit ambiguous on which opposite it was referring to.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Ilovegames1992

What amuses me is that people who share your views wouldnt be so quick to resort to "democracy" if they knew that the vast majority of people actively support same-sex rights including same sex marriage.

Teenaged

I doubt that.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 coolbeans90

PHILOKALIA, YOU ARE DANGEROUSLY TESTING MY FLEDGLING FAITH RIGHT NOW AND REQUEST YOU STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING --- ELSE YOU RISK HAVING A MILLSTONE TIED TO YOUR NECK AND BEING CAST INTO THE SEA

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

What amuses me is that people who share your views wouldnt be so quick to resort to "democracy" if they knew that the vast majority of people actively support same-sex rights including same sex marriage.

Ilovegames1992

I doubt that.

Which part?

That they wouldnt use the comeback of "let the people decide"?

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Teenaged

I doubt that.

Which part?

The vast majority supporting same-sex rights? Or were you speaking hypothetically?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

I doubt that.

Ilovegames1992

Which part?

The vast majority supporting same-sex rights? Or were you speaking hypothetically?

Hypothetically.

GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 GlamourBoppin
Member since 2012 • 150 Posts
Is this how threads usually go in OT?
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Ilovegames1992

Thought so. And i doubt they would use that argument if so.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]Which part?

Teenaged

Hypothetically.

IIRC, as of fairly recently, the narrow majority of the U.S. now supports SSM.

On a state-by-state basis it's hit or miss, though.

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

Taking a stab at it: He believes that LEGALLY everyone has the exact same rights currently because everyone can marry any person of the opposite gender that they want, but philosophically he believes that god intended marriage to be something that is based on love and for the purposes of procreation. Therefore, he's using a clever legal strategy to impose what he believes to be god's will upon same sex couples that they should not be allowed to be married and justifying it with a legal/lawyer argument that at present, even gay couples have the legal right to get married...so long as they marry someone that they don't love. Which is a neat little roundabout way of making the argument that straight people should marry for BOTH love/procreation and gay people should suck it up, marry and create babies with people that they don't love.nocoolnamejim

As a heterosexual male, I'm outraged that I don't have the right to marry someone of the same sex if I so chose to.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Teenaged

Ilovegames1992

I dont get it.

What argument?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
Is this how threads usually go in OT?GlamourBoppin
They usually get worse.....
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Ace6301
For politics it's actually probably the most friendly I've seen. Religion is never a pretty topic though.
GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 GlamourBoppin
[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]Is this how threads usually go in OT?LJS9502_basic

Worse? I'm actually quite amused at the moment.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Teenaged

I dont get it.

What argument?

The democracy aspect. Although its probably the wrong word. I'm kind of extremely burnt out atm so forgive my idiocy and nonsense.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

It said I am Ordoliberal, whatever that means.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]Is this how threads usually go in OT?GlamourBoppin

Worse? I'm actually quite amused at the moment.

Oh you mean entertainment? This isn't the best example. It's kind of dull methinks.:P
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

I dont get it.

What argument?

The democracy aspect. Although its probably the wrong word. I'm kind of extremely burnt out atm so forgive my idiocy and nonsense.

But they do use it now that the public opinion is kinda split and there's no unanimous support for same-sex marriage. And it isnt so much of an argument. It's just an easy way out of one. It's like saying "argue all you want you filthy liberal, the people will decide in the end". It doesnt argue in favor of some truth.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

PHILOKALIA, YOU ARE DANGEROUSLY TESTING MY FLEDGLING FAITH RIGHT NOW AND REQUEST YOU STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING --- ELSE YOU RISK HAVING A MILLSTONE TIED TO YOUR NECK AND BEING CAST INTO THE SEA

coolbeans90

I don't get the biblical reference. Are you assuming i am harming the children? the children being hte liberal atheists on gamespot?

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]I dont get it.

What argument?

Teenaged

But they do use it now that the public opinion is kinda split and there's no unanimous support for same-sex marriage. And it isnt so much of an argument. It's just an easy way out of one. It's like saying "argue all you want you filthy liberal, the people will decide in the end". It doesnt argue in favor of some truth.

Yeah argument is the wrong word. But i still wouldn't say that its split on a global scale. It feels that theres way more anti same sex out there than pro same sex. But thats just me.

GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 GlamourBoppin

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Philokalia

I don't get the biblical reference. Are you assuming i am harming the children? the children being hte liberal atheists on gamespot?

You're a phony. A great-big-fat phony.
the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts
[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]Is this how threads usually go in OT?LJS9502_basic

At least this one is at least grounded in the original topic title. A lot of times you read along, and what people are talking about is completely unrelated. :P
GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 GlamourBoppin

CHOASXIII
I think it means you eat small children. Or some sh*t like that.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Philokalia

You're a phony. A great-big-fat phony.GlamourBoppin

I'm a phony what?

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]

GlamourBoppin

I think it means you eat small children. Or some sh*t like that.

Interesting, which reminds me..I still have leftovers.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"] [QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]Is this how threads usually go in OT?the_plan_man

At least this one is at least grounded in the original topic title. A lot of times you read along, and what people are talking about is completely unrelated. :P

So what's your opinion on mature cheddar cheese?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Yeah argument is the wrong word. But i still wouldn't say that its split on a global scale. It feels that theres way more anti same sex out there than pro same sex. But thats just me.

On a global scale, no, you're right.

I'm mostly referring to the USA since that's where we have recent push for progress on the issue.

GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 GlamourBoppin

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]You're a phony. A great-big-fat phony.Philokalia

I'm a phony what?

Simply put, I think you're a troll.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 LJS9502_basic

At least this one is at least grounded in the original topic title. A lot of times you read along, and what people are talking about is completely unrelated. :Pthe_plan_man
Uh....the topic isn't gay marriage though....so it did go off.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Philokalia

Simply put, I think you're a troll.GlamourBoppin

Have we redefined Christian to troll now? Or are opinions not in line with liberals automatically trollish?

GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 GlamourBoppin

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]Simply put, I think you're a troll.Philokalia

Have we redefined Christian to troll now? Or are opinions not in line with liberals automatically trollish?

No. I just think you try too hard. And f*ck what liberals think. F*ck what conservatives think for that matter.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]But they do use it now that the public opinion is kinda split and there's no unanimous support for same-sex marriage. And it isnt so much of an argument. It's just an easy way out of one. It's like saying "argue all you want you filthy liberal, the people will decide in the end". It doesnt argue in favor of some truth.

Teenaged

I'm mostly referring to the USA since that's where we have recent push for progress on the issue.

Wasn't there that whole proposition 8 thing or something recently though? You know its tough when in one of the most liberal places in the world refuses to recognize same sex rights.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]You're a phony. A great-big-fat phony.Philokalia

I'm a phony what?

YOU GOTTA KNOW HOW TO PHONY LIKE BONY MARONIE
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

Leftist-Fascist.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Philokalia

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppi] No. I just think you try too hard. And f*ck what liberals think. F*ck what conservatives think for that matter.

Try too hard? I suppose. I thought I was more reserved most of the time.

GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 GlamourBoppin
[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]You're a phony. A great-big-fat phony.MissLibrarian

I'm a phony what?

RIDE MY PONY WHILE LISTENING TO MY WALKMAN, SONY (I have no idea what's going on here)
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Philokalia

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]You're a phony. A great-big-fat phony.MissLibrarian

I'm a phony what?

I'm a fony C**t right? Or am I phony woman hater? I'm sorry I have to be reminded of how evil I am.

GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 GlamourBoppin

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"][QUOTE="Philokalia"]

I'm a phony what?

Philokalia

I'm a fony C**t right? Or am I phony woman hater? I'm sorry I have to be reminded of how evil I am.

So eager to argue, you are.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Wasn't there that whole proposition 8 thing or something recently though? You know its tough when in one of the most liberal places in the world refuses to recognize same sex rights.

Hence why I said public opinion is split. As far as I recall, it's not like prop 8 passed with a huge percentage.

I dont remember any specifics but from the little I remember about polls that people occassionally post here there is not big gap between those who are for and those who are against.

Anyone who knows more can correct me of course.

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

[QUOTE="the_plan_man"][QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"] They usually get worse.....Ilovegames1992

So what's your opinion on mature cheddar cheese?

It's alright, but I like mozerella or cojack cheese better. I've been meaning to ask everyone, what are you guys' favorite Adam Sandler movie? Mine's either Anger Management or The Wedding Singer. I've never seen The Waterboy, and I've been meaning to rent that sometime.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Philokalia

So eager to argue, you are.GlamourBoppin

Hehe, well I do like to know how evil I am and evil I should be. Because remember I hate women. That and I'm level with Boko Haram apparently.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Teenaged

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"]Simply put, I think you're a troll.Philokalia

Just because you're doing a poor job at defending your views doesnt mean the rest of us are biased.