mmm greetings OT tell me your politics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts
[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"] YOU GOTTA KNOW HOW TO PHONY LIKE BONY MARONIEGlamourBoppin

I'm a fony C**t right? Or am I phony woman hater? I'm sorry I have to be reminded of how evil I am.

So eager to argue, you are.

:lol: He does have a bee in his bonnet doesn't he? Hey, hey, PHILO... It's OK man, Just look at yourself in a mirror and cry.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

Just because you're doing a poor job at defending your views doesnt mean the rest of us are biased.

Teenaged

I try to do the best job I can, and I don't tend to judge debates I have ( I think it creates the wrong attitude where people should able to decide who has done the better job ). But hey I am on tthe level of Boko haram right? I just want to know.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
jesus would have been a libertarian
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Philokalia

:lol: He does have a bee in his bonnet doesn't he? Hey, hey, PHILO... It's OK man, Just look at yourself in a mirror and cry.MissLibrarian

Ah I do one better, I kiss the sacred icons and scriptureand realise my sins and faults and try to repent for them. I try not to equate atheists, No matter how vile and despicable htye are with terrorists like Hamas and Boko Haram. I do try. I can't be perfect.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Philokalia

jesus would have been a libertarianZumaJones07

Jesus is a King, so no :P

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 MissLibrarian

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]YOU GOTTA KNOW HOW TO PHONY LIKE BONY MARONIEGlamourBoppin
RIDE MY PONY WHILE LISTENING TO MY WALKMAN, SONY (I have no idea what's going on here)

Oh btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWoQ_pZtXCY

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Just because you're doing a poor job at defending your views doesnt mean the rest of us are biased.

Philokalia

I try to do the best job I can, and I don't tend to judge debates I have ( I think it creates the wrong attitude where people should able to decide who has done the better job ). But hey I am on tthe level of Boko haram right? I just want to know.

And claiming bias for the "opposition" is the right attitude? I am no saint but dont pretend to be one either.

I have no idea who Boko haram is.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

PHILOKALIA, YOU ARE DANGEROUSLY TESTING MY FLEDGLING FAITH RIGHT NOW AND REQUEST YOU STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING --- ELSE YOU RISK HAVING A MILLSTONE TIED TO YOUR NECK AND BEING CAST INTO THE SEA

Philokalia

I don't get the biblical reference. Are you assuming i am harming the children? the children being hte liberal atheists on gamespot?

YOU ARE ATTACKING THE FAITH OF ONE OF THE FEW REMAINING GAMESPOT THEISTS. HOW COULD A JUST GOD MAKE ONE OF HIS FOLLOWERS SUCH AN IDIOT?

Christ. Reciting a decade of the rosary in hopes that this moment of temptation passes.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#209 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Happy Gilmore is the only great Sandler film. It needs to be watched. Most of his other stuff is sh!t. Bulletproof is cool though.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Philokalia

And claiming bias for the "opposition" is the right attitude? I am no saint but dont pretend to be one either.

Teenaged

A group of Muslims who believe western Education is evil and are completely dedicated to destroying anything int he west including making hell for Christian women where they operate.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Philokalia

YOU ARE ATTACKING THE FAITH OF ONE OF THE FEW REMAINING GAMESPOT THEISTS. HOW COULD A JUST GOD MAKE ONE OF HIS FOLLOWERS SUCH AN IDIOT?

Christ. Reciting a decade of the rosary in hopes that this moment of temptation passes.

coolbeans90

I'm attacking who? I'm only trying to defend my views.

GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GlamourBoppin
Member since 2012 • 150 Posts

[QUOTE="GlamourBoppin"][QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]YOU GOTTA KNOW HOW TO PHONY LIKE BONY MARONIEMissLibrarian

RIDE MY PONY WHILE LISTENING TO MY WALKMAN, SONY (I have no idea what's going on here)

Oh btw:

Oh sh*t. Makes me want to boogie down and all that crap.
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 MissLibrarian

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]:lol: He does have a bee in his bonnet doesn't he? Hey, hey, PHILO... It's OK man, Just look at yourself in a mirror and cry.Philokalia

Ah I do one better, I kiss the sacred icons and scriptureand realise my sins and faults and try to repent for them. I try not to equate atheists, No matter how vile and despicable htye are with terrorists like Hamas and Boko Haram. I do try. I can't be perfect.

Pfffffttttthahaha! Righto.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#215 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]On a global scale, no, you're right.

I'm mostly referring to the USA since that's where we have recent push for progress on the issue.

Teenaged

Wasn't there that whole proposition 8 thing or something recently though? You know its tough when in one of the most liberal places in the world refuses to recognize same sex rights.

Hence why I said public opinion is split. As far as I recall, it's not like prop 8 passed with a huge percentage.

I dont remember any specifics but from the little I remember about polls that people occassionally post here there is not big gap between those who are for and those who are against.

Anyone who knows more can correct me of course.

Actually, mainstream acceptance of gay marriage has been very consistently rising in EVERY state, and pretty damn fast too. This chart is a few months old, but the trendlines have continued. In fact, they've accelerated. Support for gay marriage is improving nationwide at a faster pace.  This is a lot faster than support for things like interracial marriage improved. Of course these days there's things like the Internet, TV, etc. that allow ideas to be shared quicker and easier. (Or, if you prefer the conservative explanation, cultural indoctrination by the liberal media Hollywood elites)
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Philokalia

A group of Muslims who believe western Education is evil and are completely dedicated to destroying anything int he west including making hell for Christian women where they operate.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that I (or others who disagree with you) have that impression of you. Although it's more probable that you're just playing victim. You know, the bias accusations I was talking about earlier. Keep it up, christian.

GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 GlamourBoppin

Happy Gilmore is the only great Sandler film. It needs to be watched. Most of his other stuff is sh!t. Bulletproof is cool though.

Ilovegames1992
Agreed. Don't Mess With the Zohan is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Philokalia

Pfffffttttthahaha! Righto.  MissLibrarian

Image doesn't work. But I still want confirmation I'm like Hamas, Boko Haram and Muslim terrorists right?

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Philokalia

You, sir, are attacking the very foundations of my very beliefs.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Teenaged

(Or, if you prefer the conservative explanation, cultural indoctrination by the liberal media Hollywood elites)nocoolnamejim
lol

Thanks for the info.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Philokalia

coolbeans90

Those foundations being? You said you were praying the rosary, so I assume Latin Catholic or Eastern Catholic. in which case in the words of St Paul the Church would be the pillar and foundation of your fiath. That same church that says... Well I don't need to say it :D

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#222 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"](Or, if you prefer the conservative explanation, cultural indoctrination by the liberal media Hollywood elites)Teenaged

lol

Thanks for the info.

Anytime. :)
GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 GlamourBoppin

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

I very agree with this very statement. Verily.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Philokalia

Well, I'm sorry you feel that I (or others who disagree with you) have that impression of you. Although it's more probable that you're just playing victim. You know, the bias accusations I was talking about earlier. Keep it up, christian.

Teenaged

That user with the half naked people in her avatar said so. I merely want confirmation. Or do you implicitely agree with that user?

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 MissLibrarian

Image doesn't work.Philokalia

Sucks to be you.

Also: 'I want doesn't get'

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#226 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

Now out of context cherry picking is accused of me many times, I am of course referring to in the first the legal requirements for marriage which does not require love and then telling what the church says of marriage which does recquire love, at least in order for it to be sustained, that the husband should the time come should die for his wife and the wife be loyal the husband and vice versa, that the husband should be loyal to the wife.

nocoolnamejim

I can only assume this makes no sense because you hastily scrambled together whilst in damage control mode.

$20 to the first person who makes this legible.

As I said to my little brother when he was learning to talk: "Think about your words".

Taking a stab at it: He believes that LEGALLY everyone has the exact same rights currently because everyone can marry any person of the opposite gender that they want, but philosophically he believes that god intended marriage to be something that is based on love and for the purposes of procreation. Therefore, he's using a clever legal strategy to impose what he believes to be god's will upon same sex couples that they should not be allowed to be married and justifying it with a legal/lawyer argument that at present, even gay couples have the legal right to get married...so long as they marry someone that they don't love. Which is a neat little roundabout way of making the argument that straight people should marry for BOTH love/procreation and gay people should suck it up, marry and create babies with people that they don't love.

Quite the conundrum this leaves for him then.

If only the legal status of marriage is binding, this means that the law is infallible, and considering our seperation of church and state this gives the law greater or equal power to God.

If the law is NOT infallible, it means that it falls short on areas, and means his witholding of gay marriage on legal grounds is rendered moot.

So who is wrong Philokalia, you, God, or the law?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Philokalia

Sucks to be you.

MissLibrarian

Look can you just tell me in explicit terms Im on par with a terrorist? Or did you lie before?

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Philokalia

That user with the half naked people in her avatar said so. I merely want confirmation. Or do you implicitely agree with that user?

You're not talking with her now though, are you?

I think it's best to stick to what each person tells you. Assuming affiliation between users isnt the right attitude either. Neither is playing victim by claiming that people who disagree with you are biased.

You could start by responding to my last post where I respond to your "arguments".

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

GlamourBoppin
Agreed. Don't Mess With the Zohan is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Yeah, that movie was ****. Happy Gilmore WAS a good movie, but I haven't seen it in a while. Seriously, more people need to get in on our tangent. :P
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Philokalia

Those foundations being? You said you were praying the rosary, so I assume Latin Catholic or Eastern Catholic. in which case in the words of St Paul the Church would be the pillar and foundation of your fiath. That same church that says... Well I don't need to say it :D

I'm quite aware of the scriptural basis for the Papal authority, but I refer to something much more fundamental than that. How could an omnipotent God create a being so stupid He Himself could not comprehend? The answer is obvious; your existence precludes His.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Philokalia

I think it's best to stick to what each person tells you. Assuming affiliation between users isnt the right attitude either. Neither is playing victim by claiming that people who disagree with you are biased.

You could start by responding to my last post where I respond to your "arguments".

Teenaged

I've said what I've needed to say. But I do think its strange. Imagine if I called you a terrorist, Do you think they would all call me out on it or stay quiet? And yes I've asked her to confirm what she said.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Philokalia

I'm quite aware of the scriptural basis for the Papal authority, but I refer to something much more fundamental than that. How could an omnipotent God create a being so stupid He Himself could not comprehend? The answer is obvious; your existence precludes His.

coolbeans90

So I am stupid am I? Do you really hate God that much that you would insult one of his creations as such? Who bares the same image as you do? Lord have mercy.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
You guys talking about butts again aint you?
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
ITT I learned that Philo is even more of a f***tard fundamentalist then previously though. Just let em marry, Christ. btw, f*** democracy when it comes to social issues. Slavery, Jim Crow laws, womens' rights, and LGBT rights would have come a lot further, and a lot sooner, if we didn't leave it up to idiotic ignoramuses (the electorate)
GlamourBoppin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 GlamourBoppin
You guys talking about butts again aint you?KiIIyou
Is there any subject matter that supersedes the buttocks? I DON'T THINK SO.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Philokalia

I've said what I've needed to say. But I do think its strange. Imagine if I called you a terrorist, Do you think they would all call me out on it or stay quiet? And yes I've asked her to confirm what she said.

I thought I made it clear that what was said between you and her is irrelevant to our discussion (for as long as it lasted anyway). You seem to have a tendency to overplay the hostility you face.

Stop playing the victim.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 MissLibrarian

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]

Sucks to be you.

Philokalia

Look can you just tell me in explicit terms Im on par with a terrorist? Or did you lie before?

Eh, I could, but I won't. Will quote what I said before for your continued perusal though:
On the one hand - stop women being educated. On the other - stop homosexuals marrying. It's two sides of the same 'because God' coin, bro.MissLibrarian
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Teenaged

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Philokalia

So I am stupid am I? Do you really hate God that much that you would insult one of his creations as such? Who bares the same image as you do? Lord have mercy.

No, I think this actually means he loves God very much.

He's showing you the road to improve yourself the hard way. God didnt disapprove of teaching people a lesson the hard way, as I'm sure you're aware.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Philokalia

The point is that if you are as stupid as you appear, then I am not insulting His creation b/c He does not exist, see. Now, if he does exist, and you are just trollin' around, then there's issues WRT insults. In the latter case, may God have mercy on both of our souls.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Philokalia

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Teenaged

No, I think this actually means he loves God very much.

He's showing you the road to improve yourself the hard way. God didnt disapprove of teaching people a lesson the hard way, as I'm sure you're aware.

He is willing to insult God so much so that he does not recognise in doing so he attacks all humanity, because we all bear the imagio dei. To some how suggest my intellegience an insult to God undermines so much of wonderful catholic teaching. Perhaps I am not the best to argue on this subject but certaintly I will try and I do think the way that question is phrased is based on a clear agenda in line with what many people here agree with. I have said what I have said and thats all that can be done on the matter. But perhaps if he is the future of catholicism I don't think I want to be apart of that, but instead sacred orthodoxy.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Philokalia

The point is that if you are as stupid as you appear, then I am not insulting His creation b/c He does not exist, see. Now, if he does exist, and you are just trollin' around, then there's issues WRT insults. In the latter case, may God have mercy on both of our souls.

coolbeans90

You need to pray for your soul and seriously reconsider if you actually do believe in God. Because it seems you don't :|

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

Hi Cool Beans, are you more of a Christian by culture or is it by belief/conviction? Just interested, nothing more. :P
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
I'm a Christian. Should I repent for accepting homosexuals and advocating their right to marry?
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 coolbeans90

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE TO KEEP IN MIND:

The legal institution of marriage is not equivalent to the religious institution of marriage.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Philokalia

You need to pray for your soul and seriously reconsider if you actually do believe in God. Because it seems you don't :|

Oh, I do. It's just times like these that really try my patience.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 MissLibrarian

Seems like Philojerk is ignoring my statement of basic truth once again.

Poor attempt at trollage. 2/50.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Philokalia

The legal institution of marriage is not equivalent to the religious institution of marriage.

coolbeans90

Are you Catholic?

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

coolbeans90
Yeah, unfortunately we do run we do have a theocratic government (in a sense) which is unfortunate.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Philokalia

Oh, I do. It's just times like these that really try my patience.

coolbeans90

I Hope God will one day grant you grace that you so desperately need. And that I need before baptism.