mmm greetings OT tell me your politics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

[QUOTE="pie-junior"] But you said "the exact same rights for all people". Aren't 9 y/os people?Philokalia

And all 9 year olds have no right to vote.

If I revoked the right to vote from christians, would that be equal? Because then- all christians wouldn't have the right to vote.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 pie-junior
I'm being a real socratic cvnt, ITT.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="pie-junior"] But you said "the exact same rights for all people". Aren't 9 y/os people?MrPraline

Also, Philokalia, do you think every (adult) person has the right to marry the person they love, or just straight people?

I do not believe they have the right to marry members of the same sex. That right is universal between homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Philokalia

If I revoked the right to vote from christians, would that be equal? Because then- all christians wouldn't have the right to vote.pie-junior

Unlike 9 year olds, Adult Christians tend to think more onthe subject of politics thus they have the right to vote. Now you can impose that totalitarian law, but rest assured it would be resisted.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

I don't know what that means.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Philokalia"]

Philokalia

Also, Philokalia, do you think every (adult) person has the right to marry the person they love, or just straight people?

I do not believe they have the right to marry members of the same sex. That right is universal between homosexuals and heterosexuals.

I thought all humans had the same rights? Why the f*ck does sexual preference even enter the picture?
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MrPraline

[QUOTE="pie-junior"]If I revoked the right to vote from christians, would that be equal? Because then- all christians wouldn't have the right to vote.Philokalia

Unlike 9 year olds, Adult Christians tend to think more onthe subject of politics thus they have the right to vote. Now you can impose that totalitarian law, but rest assured it would be resisted.

This is awful, you realise that right?
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] Also, Philokalia, do you think every (adult) person has the right to marry the person they love, or just straight people?MrPraline

I thought all humans had the same rights? Why the f*ck does sexual preference even enter the picture?

Because God.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Philokalia

This is awful, you realise that right?MrPraline

I agree, it is awful to posit these rediculous hypotheticals.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

MissLibrarian

You're a liberal, I'm a Fascist, it'd never work out.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Philokalia

I thought all humans had the same rights? Why the f*ck does sexual preference even enter the picture?MrPraline

We do have the same rights. Homosexuals have the right to marry someone of the opposite gender. Heterosexuals have that right.The legal definition of marraige does not need love.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]

D3nnyCrane

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MissLibrarian

[QUOTE="pie-junior"]If I revoked the right to vote from christians, would that be equal? Because then- all christians wouldn't have the right to vote.Philokalia

Most 9 year olds are about as free-thinking and open-minded as most extremist-Christian adults, I find.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Philokalia

Most 9 year olds are about as free-thinking and open-minded as most extremist-atheists, I find.MissLibrarian

I fixed it.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 D3nnyCrane

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] I thought all humans had the same rights? Why the f*ck does sexual preference even enter the picture?Philokalia

We do have the same rights. Homosexuals have the right to marry someone of the opposite gender. Heterosexuals have that right.The legal definition of marraige does not need love.

That is some of the DUMBEST shi t I've ever heard.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 pie-junior

k. Do you agree with me, then, that what constitutes an equality group depends on social perception and rational basis?

The same way it isn't rational to block christians from voting, in regards to other people, it isn't rational to block gay people from marrying each other (as in- the people they WANT to marry). You need to have a substantive rationale for equal allocation of rights, and you can't just stick to "procedural" logic (as in- everybody should have the exact same rights) because it leads to logical dead ends?

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MissLibrarian

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]

D3nnyCrane

Nationalistic Liberal though. I might protest your Fascist regime but will put up with it for the greater good :woo:
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#68 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I can think of a far better reason why I don't want 9 year olds voting. Think of the people who oppose the use of contraception who are in the news recently. Now, what does contraception prevent from happening? Who's likely to tell unplanned 9 year olds who to vote for? :)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] I thought all humans had the same rights? Why the f*ck does sexual preference even enter the picture?D3nnyCrane

You must be new to OT......>__>
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Philokalia

D3nnyCrane

What right does a homosexual lack that I have? The answer none. The only appeal you can make is an emotional one. Yet the legal definition in no way requires love of any reason to be married.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MrPraline
We do have the same rights. Homosexuals have the right to marry someone of the opposite gender. Philokalia
Nice try. We both know, while clever and a bit overly pedantic, that argument is meaningless in real life. Any way you spin it, we either all have the right to marry who we love or we have separate "rights".
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MrPraline

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

Philokalia

What right does a homosexual lack that I have? The answer none. The only appeal you can make is an emotional one. Yet the legal definition in no way requires love of any reason to be married.

And your dislike for homosexuality, because GOD, is not grounded in emotion, but has a legal foundation?
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] I thought all humans had the same rights? Why the f*ck does sexual preference even enter the picture?Philokalia

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

Philokalia

So you are for high divorce rates.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Philokalia

k. Do you agree with me, then, that what constitutes an equality group depends on social perception and rational basis?

The same way it isn't rational to block christians from voting, in regards to other people, it isn't rational to block gay people from marrying each other (as in- the people they WANT to marry). You need to have a substantive rationale for equal allocation of rights, and you can't just stick to "procedural" logic (as in- everybody should have the exact same rights) because it leads to logical dead ends?

pie-junior

Social perception of the people is that homosexual marraige is wrong. Hence we are not arguing policy here or rights but philosophically what should marriage be.Christians have every right to defend marriage and you cannot force them to go against their conscience in this regard. Lets have a democratic process aye?

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 D3nnyCrane

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]

MissLibrarian

Nationalistic Liberal though. I might protest your Fascist regime but will put up with it for the greater good :woo:

Let's make genetically perfect master race babies.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MissLibrarian

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]Most 9 year olds are about as free-thinking and open-minded as most extremist-atheists, I find.Philokalia

I fixed it.

Suuuuuure you did :roll: Good luck on your journey into Hell for being a bigoted, ignorant, judgmental сunt =]
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#78 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49605 Posts
[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]

-Sun_Tzu-

That book is quite the worthy read.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MrPraline
Hence we are not arguing policy here or rights but philosophically what should marriage be.Philokalia
If so, why the f*ck did you bring up the law earlier?
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Philokalia

And your dislike for homosexuality, because GOD, is not grounded in emotion, but has a legal foundation? MrPraline

Yes it is because of God, it isn't because of any emotion on my part. Before I was a Christian I would have had no problem with this and most likely wouldn't oppose it and hence when I changed my beliefs and realised that morality is grounded in the divine this became the standard by which I live my life and vote on policy, that includes homosexuality. It is derived from God and is thus rational and dependant on God.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 D3nnyCrane

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

Philokalia

A: The right to marry within their sexual preference B: NO ONE GETS MARRIED FOR LEGAL REASONS EXCEPT IN TERRIBLE ADAM SANDLER MOVIES Can I ask before we proceed if you are coming from a fundamentalist viewpoint?

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 MissLibrarian

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"][QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

D3nnyCrane

Let's make genetically perfect master race babies.

:happy: OK :]
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MrPraline

Christians have every right to defend marriage and you cannot force them to go against their conscience in this regard. Lets have a democratic process aye?Philokalia
I would imagine that c*ck blocking two adults in love would weigh more heavily on one's conscious than not listening to an ancient book.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Philokalia

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]Most 9 year olds are about as free-thinking and open-minded as most extremist-atheists, I find.MissLibrarian

I fixed it.

Suuuuuure you did :roll: Good luck on your journey into Hell for being a bigoted, ignorant, judgmental сunt =]

I think you proved me right in me fixing it. Hang on a second.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="pie-junior"]

Philokalia

Social perception of the people is that homosexual marraige is wrong. Hence we are not arguing policy here or rights but philosophically what should marriage be.Christians have every right to defend marriage and you cannot force them to go against their conscience in this regard. Lets have a democratic process aye?

Eh I'm a Christian and as far as marriage......as long as churches aren't required to perform the ceremony.....I don't care who wants to ruin their life with one.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 pie-junior

Philokalia

We're no arguing what marriage should be- you were arguing that disallowing marriage rights from same-sex couples is equal, because "they have the exact same rights as heterosexuals".

All I did was show you what a giant clusterfvck this type of logic is.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#87 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
You are a neoliberal Democrat. 6 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 21 percent are more extremist than you.  Seems reasonably accurate.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Philokalia"]Christians have every right to defend marriage and you cannot force them to go against their conscience in this regard. Lets have a democratic process aye?MrPraline
I would imagine that c*ck blocking two adults in love would weigh more heavy on one's conscious than not listening to an ancient book.

Sex doesn't have to wait for marriage.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
 You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 15 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 41 percent are more extremist than you.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"]

Stevo_the_gamer

That book is quite the worthy read.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MrPraline
t is derived from God and is thus rational and dependant on God.Philokalia
WHAT THE FVCK IS THIS
D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 D3nnyCrane

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]And your dislike for homosexuality, because GOD, is not grounded in emotion, but has a legal foundation? Philokalia

Yes it is because of God, it isn't because of any emotion on my part. Before I was a Christian I would have had no problem with this and most likely wouldn't oppose it and hence when I changed my beliefs and realised that morality is grounded in the divine this became the standard by which I live my life and vote on policy, that includes homosexuality. It is derived from God and is thus rational and dependant on God.

Morality is in no way grounded in the teachings of Christ or the mandate of God. There are parallels but to state that acting morally = acting religiously then implies that anyone who acts morally is privy to the Kingdom of Heaven as opposed to those who actively seek Christ

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 MissLibrarian

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"] [QUOTE="Philokalia"]

I fixed it.

Philokalia

I think you proved me right in me fixing it. Hang on a second.

Oooh oh oooh D'ya think he's gone to call Christ himself down into my living room to give me a stern talking to? *ponders*
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MrPraline
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Philokalia"]Christians have every right to defend marriage and you cannot force them to go against their conscience in this regard. Lets have a democratic process aye?LJS9502_basic
I would imagine that c*ck blocking two adults in love would weigh more heavy on one's conscious than not listening to an ancient book.

Is that your catholic opinion? Ha ha, but yeah I know of course.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#95 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]And your dislike for homosexuality, because GOD, is not grounded in emotion, but has a legal foundation? Philokalia

Future roommate?
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#96 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

You are a neoliberal Democrat. 6 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 92 percent are more extremist than you.

LJS9502_basic

We're both neoliberal dems but my bars extend out a lot farther. :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] I would imagine that c*ck blocking two adults in love would weigh more heavy on one's conscious than not listening to an ancient book.

Is that your catholic opinion? Ha ha, but yeah I know of course.

I never claimed Catholics were perfect did I?:P
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Philokalia

Oooh oh oooh D'ya think he's gone to call Christ himself down into my living room to give me a stern talking to? *ponders*MissLibrarian

Are you proving my edit any less wrong with every sentence you type?

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Philokalia

Morality is in no way grounded in the teachings of Christ or the mandate of God. There are parallels but to state that acting morally = acting religiously then implies that anyone who acts morally is privy to the Kingdom of Heaven as opposed to those who actively seek Christ

D3nnyCrane

Hence we are talking philosophically and not legally aren't we in this forum? Bottom line it seems I believe in the same rights for all people and no one has demonstrated that. I don't think marriage first of all is solely predicated on love.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Philokalia

Are you sure your username shouldnt be Philomalakia?