It's black history month, brah!! Have you been getting yo learn on?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts

[QUOTE="bigdcstile"]What point? That celebrating white history would evoke some kind of reaction? This has nothing to do with you celebrating a month that, funny enough, I don't care about. But I do friggin hate the whiny ass, persecution complex that arises from these threads.MrGeezer

The only thing worse is when people complain about how there's a "Black Entertainment Television channel".

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm a black guy, I'm all racial tolerance to minorities and yadda yadda yadda. But the way I see it, TODAY, black history month is almost entirely irrelevant. Think that it's good, think that it's bad, it really doesn't DO ANYTHING. That's not to say anything about the past. But TODAY, in the vast majority of situations, black history month is just a whole lot of nothing. Agree with it in principle, it doesn't accomplish ****. Disagree with it in principle, it STILL doesn't really take away from anything else.

What amuses ME is how people get a persecution complex and start making a huge ****ing deal about something that COMPLETELY DOESN'T MATTER. It's like...it's almost hilarious seeing people getting so passionate and argumentative about something that today essentially means practically nothing. If someone wants to feed their persecution complex, there are FAR more important things to complain about...Black History Month is today pretty much ****ing irrelevant. And even if it's only a tiny bit relevant, that pretty much entirely ceases to be the case once you become an adult.

That's basically where I'm coming from. And, yet, from this thread alone, I can tell that it was 'created just to piss off the other race' or 'that it was racist when it was created.' Both untruths. Yeah, it's irrelevant, very much so for students with the access to information we have now and even moreso for adults, but c'mon. The 'IT'S RACIST' comments are pointless and make no sense.
Krustbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252 Krustbox
Member since 2009 • 190 Posts

I've learned that i want a white history month if they get a black history month.