Is There Anything Wrong With The U.S.?

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nater777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nater777
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
What do you think...
-911-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 -911-
Member since 2006 • 6177 Posts
Something tells me you work for the government.
Gamen00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gamen00
Member since 2005 • 4010 Posts
No country is perfect...but even though I'm not from the U.S. I live here, and I would say it comes close...:)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
I think this thread is flame bait. No country is perfect but the US is far from being a terrible country.
aliens1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 aliens1234
Member since 2004 • 2932 Posts
I think this thread is flame bait. No country is perfect but the US is far from being a terrible country.LJS9502_basic
The exact thing I was going to say. Slightly different wording. To TC: Get out.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#6 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts
The fact that I live there.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I think this thread is flame bait. No country is perfect but the US is far from being a terrible country.aliens1234
The exact thing I was going to say. Slightly different wording. To TC: Get out.

That was what I was going to say, exact wording...
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 daniel52587
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
THE GOVERNMENT........for starters.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
There is something wrong with the human race in general... the only thing we have been consistently good at for more than five millenia is killing each other...
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
It's too far right on social and economic issues....
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
You can do worse, and you can do better.
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts
Love the US, It's the last sanctuary for conservatives. Our Values and Morals are protected here, while they are persecuted in other countries.
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 daniel52587
There is something wrong with the human race in general... the only thing we have been consistently good at for more than five millenia is killing each other...foxhound_fox
We have to kill each other. In the wild, there is an ecosystem. Different species kill other species to keep the numbers down. But in an urbanized man made world like we live in there is no ecosystem to off us from becoming too many. So nature has made so that we kill each other and catch many diseases. It is just the circle of life.
joetira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 joetira
Member since 2005 • 2879 Posts
sounds like someone wants to see the U.S. bashed....just delete the thread.
ChipmunkDeluxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChipmunkDeluxe
Member since 2006 • 3213 Posts
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]There is something wrong with the human race in general... the only thing we have been consistently good at for more than five millenia is killing each other...daniel52587
We have to kill each other. In the wild, there is an ecosystem. Different species kill other species to keep the numbers down. But in an urbanized man made world like we live in there is no ecosystem to off us from becoming too many. So nature has made so that we kill each other and catch many diseases. It is just the circle of life.

theres acutally some truth to that...
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
As long as my internet connection is working fine then so am I, if it stops working... then we have problems:|
nater777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nater777
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It's not flame bait, I love the U.S. and I agree every country has it's problems. I'm just curious of other people's perspective of the U.S....by the way, I don't work for the government.
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
Something tells me you work for the government.-911-
:lol: i agree with you
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
We have to kill each other. In the wild, there is an ecosystem. Different species kill other species to keep the numbers down. But in an urbanized man made world like we live in there is no ecosystem to off us from becoming too many. So nature has made so that we kill each other and catch many diseases. It is just the circle of life. daniel52587

Then what about epidemics like AIDS? Given the chance, that will take our numbers down right quick...
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yoshi-lnex
There's also far too much bigotry and anti-intelectualism, but I think that is slowly going away......
Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rhys555
Member since 2005 • 2156 Posts
The goverment, fat ignorant people and mcdonalds (so bascially its culture). Apart from that its not bad.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
The goverment, fat ignorant people and mcdonalds (so bascially its culture). Apart from that its not bad.Rhys555
When a country's culture is a problem it's not a small issue.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
It is ******* to go to a good college as the government doesn't do much of anything to help people like me pay for it.... I worked my ass off to obtain a 3.5 GPA (Which has bumped up to a 3.7) only to get no sort of support whatsoever in paying for college. I got accepted to everywhere I applied to, but got no money to go anywhere.....
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yoshi-lnex
It is ******* to go to a good college as the government doesn't do much of anything to help people like me pay for it.... I worked my ass off to obtain a 3.5 GPA (Which has bumped up to a 3.7) only to get no sort of support whatsoever in paying for college. I got accepted to everywhere I applied to, but got no money to go anywhere.....LostProphetFLCL
free college ftw!!!
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"] I worked my ass off to obtain a 3.5 GPA (Which has bumped up to a 3.7) only to get no sort of support whatsoever in paying for college. I got accepted to everywhere I applied to, but got no money to go anywhere.....

Student loans?
Apenoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Apenoot
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts

There are many things wrong with the US... but they also have a lot of good things. I think they should take a closer look to Scandinavia and learn something from them :)

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LostProphetFLCL
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"] I worked my ass off to obtain a 3.5 GPA (Which has bumped up to a 3.7) only to get no sort of support whatsoever in paying for college. I got accepted to everywhere I applied to, but got no money to go anywhere.....

Student loans?

Then I will be paying them off for the rest of my life... Plus, I am not totally sure how this works but my parents said a loan wouldn't work as they will be needing to get a loan out as they are gonna have to buy a house....
daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 daniel52587
[QUOTE="daniel52587"]We have to kill each other. In the wild, there is an ecosystem. Different species kill other species to keep the numbers down. But in an urbanized man made world like we live in there is no ecosystem to off us from becoming too many. So nature has made so that we kill each other and catch many diseases. It is just the circle of life. foxhound_fox

Then what about epidemics like AIDS? Given the chance, that will take our numbers down right quick...

I said catch many diseases..........
Nisstyre_56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nisstyre_56
Member since 2006 • 2849 Posts
They have tons of problems, like the majority of their southerners are ignorant of the world around them
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"] Then I will be paying them off for the rest of my life... Plus, I am not totally sure how this works but my parents said a loan wouldn't work as they will be needing to get a loan out as they are gonna have to buy a house....

Student Loans are low interest lows to cover the cost of school. I don't think they would be impacted by your parents loan since they don't get paid back until you finish school and you are the one to pay it back. Short of getting a scholarship that is your best option....unless you want to join the military.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic
They have tons of problems, like the majority of their southerners are ignorant of the world around themNisstyre_56
I'm from the North. :)  That is a stereotype however.
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts
Organized Christianity.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LostProphetFLCL
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"] Then I will be paying them off for the rest of my life... Plus, I am not totally sure how this works but my parents said a loan wouldn't work as they will be needing to get a loan out as they are gonna have to buy a house....

Student Loans are low interest lows to cover the cost of school. I don't think they would be impacted by your parents loan since they don't get paid back until you finish school and you are the one to pay it back. Short of getting a scholarship that is your best option....unless you want to join the military.

I will likely have to do that. What makes me mad is they judge my eligibility of grants based on my parents income, even though they aren't paying for any of my college stuff.... I have been told that even if I move out it will be the same deal....
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"] Then I will be paying them off for the rest of my life... Plus, I am not totally sure how this works but my parents said a loan wouldn't work as they will be needing to get a loan out as they are gonna have to buy a house....LostProphetFLCL

I will likely have to do that. What makes me mad is they judge my eligibility of grants based on my parents income, even though they aren't paying for any of my college stuff.... I have been told that even if I move out it will be the same deal....

They judge it based on ability to pay. They know your parents are capable of helping pay for your college. Even if they arent, they can't know that you wont get your grant and then your parents will go and pay your way through college.

Generally they want to make sure that grant's go to the people who really need the money (I get plenty of grant's, my parents are lower class so..)

daniel52587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 daniel52587
They have tons of problems, like the majority of their southerners are ignorant of the world around themNisstyre_56
Shut up. You have no clue of what you are talking about.
Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts
It's too far right on social and economic issues....yoshi-lnex
whats the problem with that? its not a problem for us its a problem for you in your personal opinion
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

There's a lot of things wrong with the US.

Many being social stigmas and drug policies.  Gay should be allowed to marry, evolution vs Creation shouldn't even be a debate, Drinking age should be lower along with Pot legalization, and our administration should learn how to balance a check book let alone budget. 

But it's still a damn good country and I wouldn't want to live any other place.  :D

DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#39 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
yup.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 UrbanSpartan125

Many being social stigmas and drug policies. Gay should be allowed to marry, evolution vs Creation shouldn't even be a debate, Drinking age should be lower along with Pot legalization, and our administration should learn how to balance a check book let alone budget.

But it's still a damn good country and I wouldn't want to live any other place. :D

Donkey_Puncher
those are your opinions, and to tell you more deaths and problems in the US would be caused by everything you just said
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Donkey_Puncher
[QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"]

Many being social stigmas and drug policies. Gay should be allowed to marry, evolution vs Creation shouldn't even be a debate, Drinking age should be lower along with Pot legalization, and our administration should learn how to balance a check book let alone budget.

But it's still a damn good country and I wouldn't want to live any other place. :D

UrbanSpartan125

those are your opinions, and to tell you more deaths and problems in the US would be caused by everything you just said

So letting gays marry would cause deaths?

Budgetting a country properly would cause deaths?

UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"]

Donkey_Puncher

So letting gays marry would cause deaths?

Budgetting a country properly would cause deaths?

i said deaths and Problems. and yes maybe deaths would occur
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yoshi-lnex

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]It's too far right on social and economic issues....UrbanSpartan125
whats the problem with that? its not a problem for us its a problem for you in your personal opinion

I guess problems like an expanding national debt, dubious wars, and a decreasing quality of jobs are good things in the minds of right wingers, let's not forget how the right constantly ignores the threat of global warming, ignores the fact that there is a direct relationship between economic well being and education (yet fails to help people pay for college), and constantly is looking for areas to cut money from in scientific and medical research, one area in paticular would be stem cell research, which promises to be basiclally a "cure all".

Just to name a few problems on the right....

chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: -2

#44 chandlerr_360
Member since 2006 • 5078 Posts
[QUOTE="Donkey_Puncher"]

UrbanSpartan125

Exactly. People like Donkey are the type of people who make the world that much worse, with there ignorant, opionated politics (although I am guessing you were joking?) . The U.S. sure does have it's problems, but nowhere near some other countries in the world. The U.S. is the place to be.
nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 nirvana563
Member since 2005 • 2913 Posts
Like all countrys America has it's bad events on it's part, here are some....

Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Donkey_Puncher

i said deaths and Problems. and yes maybe deaths would occur
UrbanSpartan125

I disagree whole heartidly. 

Look at the netherlands with pot legalization.  Use has actually dropped. 

Look at Europe with a lower drinking age, the world hasn't collapsed in on them.  Personally, I think it's quite backward seeing as an 18 year old can legally buy a GUN but not a beer in the US.

Gay Marriage?  Self explanatory, it doesn't effect anybody but the persons getting married. Nothinig but religious dogma and bigotry has kept it back. 

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
The US is on the short list of countries with the fewest problems. I really don't see an argument here.
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Donkey_Puncher

Exactly. People like Donkey are the type of people who make the world that much worse, with there ignorant, opionated politics (although I am guessing you were joking?) . The U.S. sure does have it's problems, but nowhere near some other countries in the world. The U.S. is the place to be. chandlerr_360

So I'm making the world a worse place by advocating equal rights in places where it's not, along with wanting a competant government that can be fiscally responsible?

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
There are better countries in terms of living standards, and a few countries that I wouldn't mind relocating to(France, U.K., Japan, Finland, Germany, Canada etc.) but no country is perfect. I think the biggest problem in the U.S. is education, as the U.S. is the richest country in the world our standards should be higher.
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Donkey_Puncher

There are better countries in terms of living standards, but no country is perfect. I think the biggest problem in the U.S. is education, as the U.S. is the richest country in the world our standards should be higher.espoac

Depends on what kind of education.  Public education should be much more funded, but it does vary state to state on taxes.

However the US' post secondary educational opportunities are second to none.Â